/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Fuck Maul Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out Next Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E9: "Rebel Assault" (Mon 13)
Doctor Aphra #14 (Wed 15)
Darth Vader #8 (Wed 15)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Fri 17)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assualt
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 All Cutscenes
youtube.com/watch?v=7GbkLZ5JDW

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7GbkLZ5JDW0
mega.nz/#F!sTZXCCqK!Ifq_HG7ogA6RVSzbnslDlw
youtube.com/watch?v=WodLtEuxVSE
gameinformer.com/games/star_wars_battlefront_ii/b/xboxone/archive/2017/11/14/star-wars-battlefront-ii-review-the-dark-side-of-gaming.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whoops, messed up the BF2 link
youtube.com/watch?v=7GbkLZ5JDW0

Never forget
1999-2017

>forgetting the misnamed filename and the copypasta that goes with it
baka

>Luke did I ever tell you about the time the droid bounty hunter IG-88 hacked the mainframe of the second Death Star during the Battle of Endor in an attempt to start a droid uprising and galactic purge of organic life while Emperor Sheev Palpatine used Force Real Time Strategy Game Unit Buff to mind control the Imperial Starfleet in preparation for the invasion of the galaxy by luddite Force-immune cenobites out of a Warhammer 40000 fanfiction called the Yuuzhan Vong, who were fleeing the Abominors, a mechanical race of despotic debauched homosexual rapist Tonka Truck Transformers, in order to bring about the genocide of all infidel races, causing Han Solo and Leia Organa's war hero son Jacen Solo to turn to the dark side and become Darth Caedus, the leader of a new sith empire who killed Luke Skywalker's wife Mara Jade, the former force sensitive imperial assassin, for the purpose of getting Luke to turn to the dark side by having him take revenge upon him?

>They were not good friends.

>fuck maul edition
>coming from the only sith lord more ineffectual than him

My friends, my friends!

Hondo is back again this week with more profit! My informants have passed the next installment of Rebels along to me, and it has been added to the MEGA. Free of charge, as always!

mega.nz/#F!sTZXCCqK!Ifq_HG7ogA6RVSzbnslDlw

Enjoy, and may your future be profitable!

AMZN WEB-DL will be added as soon as it's available

master race

I'm just gonna see what references the game makes to other Star Wars stuff since the "twist" came so disappointingly quick and unnecessarily.

>dooku
>ineffectual

>>forgetting the misnamed filename and the copypasta that goes with it

so that it's name

>killed nobody in two whole movies
vs
>killed a major protagonist that was a lynchpin to the events that would unfold in the continuing films

>Activate Old Copypasta!
>I'll win for sure this time!

0/10

poor form, user.

>win
Win what? I was just shitposting at the guy who posted the pic without the copypasta at the end of last thread.

What is the best lightsaber. I think I like Kanan's lightsaber the best.

Thanks for always helping us Hondo!

Yeah and then after doing that got cut in half by his padawan, spent the next 13 years wallowing in shit and screaming, built an empire that quickly collapsed, and spent another 17 years wallowing in shit and screaming.

I mean, Dooku got played pretty hard but even he's not as big of a bitch as Maul.

Did they get Adam Driver to do Ren? He sounds a lot better now

Sorry!

How's Rebels s4?

It's gay baby shit for gay babies.

brety gud

>built an empire that quickly collapsed
better than a fake one held up by your boss that backstabbed you anyway
Sheev had to get off his ass and get rid of Maul. Dooku didn't even get that level of care.

>Sheev had to get off his ass and get rid of Maul
No, he got off his ass to get rid of Talzin. He didn't even bother with Maul after that and just sent inquisitors after him.

>tfw I like Kylo Rens helmet more than vaders
whoops

>Saw's ghost laughing in the distance

I like how you ignored all of the "__ years wallowing in shit and screaming" that sandwiches Maul's failed empire.

Talking initially. The Lawless.
Rather a few bright sparks in a shitheap than an entire life of being played.

>Talking initially. The Lawless.
Except Son of Dathomir explicitly reveals that Talzin was the entire reason Sheev went after Maul to begin with.

>than an entire life of being played.
Not him but I think given how many bad decisions Maul made and how often he kept self-sabotaging you could argue Maul pretty much played himself

What does that have to do with anything?
He needed Maul dealt with, he got off his ass and roasted him, something he never had to do again or before the war up until his attempted arrest.
With Dooku all he needed was a DEW IT in the right place.

Dooku had all the chances in the world to not be a fuck-up and get dragged along by the Monster Mash.
Maul was fucked in the head from birth. Kinda can't help but play himself in that scenario.

Dooku just reminds me that Lucas was always better as an idea man than a man who executes such ideas.

will he return?

This can only mean one thing.

>b-but Son of Dathomir doesn't count! It doesn't matter that he only did it to get to Talzin or that Sheev didn't give a shit about him after he got rid of Talzin! M-Maul is super scary and important!

Wait, are there people who genuinely try to argue that Maul isn't pathetic? I mean, I love Maul but that's like the entire point of his post-TPM story.

When did I say anything about it 'not counting'.
The Lawless and what follows is literally the only time over the course of the war Sheevy P had to throw away all pretense and go 'aight gotta dust this shit up myself'.
Being able to deal with Talzin is just a side plot to that point.

>saw supporting the organization that cucked his planet and his sister and his entire life
kek

I liked him when he wasn't perving on shit. Wouldn't mind a third element in the mix, criminal shenanigans are always fun.

There's one guy who gets really mad if you try to say that Maul wasn't competent or imply that the any of the Shadow Collective's falling apart can be blamed on Maul. He insists that Maul would've been super-successful and amazing and the greatest leader of all time if Palpatine hadn't fucked him.

>Huttschilds bow to the Xixogdanoffs
no

>Being able to deal with Talzin is just a side plot to that point.
But you're treating that as a trivial part when it's the entire reason Sheev did it. You're also getting mad that I'm reminding you of it.

Live action TV series appearance maybe?

>Being able to deal with Talzin is just a side plot to that point.
No, that's the main plot. Being able to deal with Maul was a side plot there. That's why Sheev never bothered with him again after that- getting Maul out of the way wasn't important. Talzin was what mattered, Maul was an excuse to draw her out. He even alludes to this at the end of The Lawless.

>getting mad
I'm not particularly but you're free to believe what you want.

Yes I am indeed free to see what's in front of me

It's that time of the week again.
Watching Rebels while partially tanked.
What did we have last week again?
Oh yeah the thing where Ezra pretends to be someone on the phone and fucks it all up because he's stupid.

And disengaging because you truly can't come up with anything more substantial than "LOL U MAD".
Have a wonderful evening or whatever timeframe you happen to be in.

So, EA is hosting an AMA tomorrow regarding EAfront II
For not real reason

Ok, I get why higher than 24FPS is "bad" in movies because of the TV show effect
But why not make your fucking CGI cartoon have higher frame rate?
That opening pan was nauseating with its choppiness.

Also, racist X-wings. At last

>Ezra putting on a racist Trandoshan accent
That is not cool Ezra

I made my point, dude. You couldn't even counter it and just got mad instead. And you're still mad.

It's interesting how much Iden and Del open up (and become funner) after they join the NR. The Empire really does restrict a lot of freedom when you get down to it. It's not just about being evil.

Shriv is better than Hask too.

I shit on Rebels a lot, but Thrawn really is fucking cool. Too bad he's stuck in a bad show.
That theme and Hannibal-esque way of speaking.
:thumbsup:

Gotta give credit where it's due, the redditors were the ones leading the charge on calling out EA on their MTX bullshit

But it's confusing. Why have an AMA right after this declaration of war?

Trandoshans are the niggers of Star Wars.

>Also, racist X-wings. At last
maybe the tie fighter should go back to their own county we wouldn't have a problem

Astroturfing or a genuine effort to respond to feedback.
Honestly I don't even know what the fuck reddit is reeing about anymore given costs went down and matchmaking apparently tries to segregate based on amount of loot

Nah, it's how Hera's X-wings all have green livery.
Like shit, if a minority is in charge, do you need to colour code them?

>Here comes Trayshon with Black Squadron, Patel with Brown Squadron, Lee with Yellow Squadron
Down with this sort of thing!

>>Ezra putting on a racist Trandoshan accent
REEEEEEE

At least with Hutts you know where you stand, they're like Latin-American narco-states. Trandos are just Boko Haram tier savage poachers with no civilization and can't feed themselves unless they eat their fucking dads.

Jesus Christ, look at Pryce's mighty prow.

>>Here comes Trayshon with Black Squadron
Finn we got you a new x-win

Once she's done with that call she's gonna get spitroasted by those Lyste clones

the Gianna Michaels of Star Wars

That chick's face is ugly as fuck but her tits more than make up for it.

I remember the Hasbro went a little crazy with purple for Mace. His ship was purple, his troops were purple, his droid was purple...

I want a Shriv and Danger Squadron book by Freed

Depending on whether you're an optimist or pessimist, they either want to re-gain players' trust, or are trying to do some damage control since this story got big enough to hit the mainstream news less than a week from launch day.

I personally think it's coming from a genuine place, but your mileage may vary.

This one is better anyway because it's better edited and 60 FPS:

youtube.com/watch?v=WodLtEuxVSE

Is this a fucking wookie?
And I like we just saw a TIE fighter clatter against the hull of a Arquitens and then get totally BTFO by a TIE Defender doing the same.

I mean... Samuel L did insist on the Purple. Otherwise he'd have a boring ol' blue. He said he wanted it Purple so he could spot himself in the big action scenes. And also he loves purple.
I'm really glad Sam Jackson made Lucas break his boring ol "Only Blue and Green" for Jedi

First BFII review is in, 6.5/10, primarily because of the microtransactions/loot box nonsense

gameinformer.com/games/star_wars_battlefront_ii/b/xboxone/archive/2017/11/14/star-wars-battlefront-ii-review-the-dark-side-of-gaming.aspx

Shit I forgot my image.

Time for another drink

I remember when it was 1999 - 1999.

Why were the Rebels so quick to dismiss Galen Urso in Rogue One as an Imperial collaborator even though like half of their trained military personnel are Imperial defectors?

It's probably a bit of both
With how shit got way out of proportions and went mainstream, there's obviously going to be a ton of damage control. They probably might outright ignore questions in favor of ones that do good head
On the other hand, top priority now is gaining player trust. With how negative this press has given them, the only thing they can do now is try and regain as much trust and favor as they can in the midst of the Nexu den. And hopefully generate positive PR
Basically, it's a business strategy when it boils down to it. And extremely risky and downright stupid in this case, but a strategy nonetheless

No, that's a Lutrillian. Blink and you'll miss it Cantina alien, there were a few of them in TCW, too.

>not a single ship will make it through my blockade
>the ships make it through the blockade
Some tactical genius you are Thrawn

No one cares. Except for maybe the people who defend TFA by saying "but if feels like star wars!"

They've probably already preordered their loot boxes.

When you're here it's 1999-2017. Go back to Facebook.

Oh.
He made some RRRRrrRRrr noises
Looks like a bat. I dig it

Ok it's twice in the same battle that the heading of "Point Three" was given.
How lazy

Might be a trust thing. He stayed with the Empire and helped them design a big superweapon and the only person he tried to make contact with was a dangerous extremist. That probably made it hard for them to trust his motives.

Either way, Draven's pretext for killing him was less about Erso's loyalty and more about removing him as an asset to the Empire regardless of why he was working with them.

>adult red-headed male
>mfw the only SW character I could accurately cosplay as (without getting into face-concealing costumes) is Hux

Piett you fool!

Oh fuck, that was pretty cool.
I liked that.

Also, I like how Thrawn this "Rhuk" really pronounced the fuck out that H but without making it awkward.
Own it mate
Officers' uniforms get my dick hard

Or you wear a helmet. The Poe Dameron helmet is pretty good quality if you've got the $80 to shell out for it, for example

FUCK
I keep forgetting my image.

Doesn't it just mean forward

It seems to, but why the faux-military jargon of "point 3"
Wouldn't it be 0.0?
Or 12 (or whatever the space equivalent is)?
It just seem to make any fucking sense to me.
The double repetition makes it stick out more

Maybe Star Wars clocks are oriented differently?

>Rebels is getting lazy
It's got cancellation hanging over it, of course it's going to start having errors.

Have we seen ginger civvie before?
She looks unique
And also, the best

>cancellation

Cutting this off right here. We've already argued semantics enough times.