Is he worse than Bendis when it comes to dialogue?

Is he worse than Bendis when it comes to dialogue?

No, because at least King keeps it short.

"Bat"
"Cat"

His dialogue takes up the whole fucking issue.

>break your damn back

he literately said his two biggest influences are Snyder and Bendis
I can't even

Was this on his Twitter or a interview?

in an interview upon being signed by DC
I freaked out
real talk the best thing James Robinson ever did was throw his weight and not let King ruin Jim Hammond and instead fuck Vision up
his Omega Men was trash for anyone who actually enjoyed Omega Men before and his Kyle was out of character for Kylefags
Grayson is gay, Dicks never been in a good story and isn't going to start now
now he's writing a bad Bendis impression for his Batman run but the real thing was just signed
I expect him to get kicked off within a dozen issues
King is a meme pushed by "comic journalists" and reddit

yes. slightly better at stories, but now he is worse when it comes to dialogue

He's like Bendis in the fact that he has only one voice for all of his characters which tends to make them seem OOC and unlike themselves.

His protagonists also suffer from some type of depression, always, Dick might be the exception but I never fully read all of Grayson.

what's wrong with that?

I remember when people were just joking about how the board will turn against King once he makes it into the big leagues.

>Literally Watchmen nine panel girds on every page he writes

He's lying.

No, Tomasi still exists.

No, user is lying. He said his biggest influences are Moore and Bendis. And he's got a big spot in his heart for Giffen.

>Bat
>Cat
>Demon's Head

Well he stopped writing Grayson and Omega Men so there is no longer a reason for Dickfags and Kylefags to keep sucking his dick for wanking their characters. And now that he's writing characters that have fans that are incredibly zealous when it comes to proper characterization, he's getting lambasted left and right.

Bendis at least isn't anywhere near as pretentious as King.

Nor he is as talented.

>Pushed by reddit
>When Sup Forums was his biggest supporter two years ago bashing Tumblr and Reddit for not liking him

Are you saying Sup Forums was wrong?

I’d say the worst person for dialogue at DC is the Blue Beetle writer. For marvel, it is Chip Zdarsky

He doesn't need to be but for some reason seems to have doubled down on any criticism he's received. Not that I think he'd ever subject himself to the abuse here but I can imagine he's perused the friendly waters of IGN and Reddit, not even making a LEL Reddit joke with that one.

But he's written some good things. He just seems to be more and more obsessed with depression and self harm and edgy shit while losing all thrust to his stories. They're impotent because most of the characters seem like actual retards just barley able to speak in something resembling anything more than a groan. The art has held him up and that's why I think the War arc really showed how shitty it all was when it was just shitty telltale screenshot tier shit.

guess all of it makes sense then.

I'm saying that user is delusional if he thinks anyone other than Sup Forums is responsible for King becoming popular.
War would have been better if it weren't so fucking compressed. You barely see anything that happens. I think the problem with Batman is that King is basically pandering to what the mass market wants and not what he wants to do. It's very dumbed down compared to his usual work.

>I think the problem with Batman is that King is basically pandering to what the mass market wants and not what he wants to do. It's very dumbed down compared to his usual work.

the problem is that he really isn't. He seems to think, like you, he's dumbing anything down when I think what he realized is people don't mind him making a mockery of c-listers in order to write a cynical story. When he's doing it to batman, yet still trying to write an action story (instead of doing detective work which would be right up that alley), it comes off as completely half-assed because it is. There's autistic level speech, over-use of beat panels because "techniques, man, go read All About Comics or whatever". People attempt to claim "it's literary" but no it isn't. There's no prose to "muh cat, im le... five days... im le... FIVE days... I'M LE SO INSANE" "muh bat.... it's okay muh bat... im your stupid cat, muh bat... le cat.. le bat.. le #shipit"

No offense to you specifically, really, but the pretentiousness it takes to say he "dumbs it down" is incredible and it's what I think turns people off from King the most. His fans pretentiously act as if he's so smart, dumbing it down for the normies, when in fact it's the normies that fucking slob his knob.

I agree it was too compressed but there's also a legit argument for it being decompressed. Yes what he's doing is intriguing, but the dinner issue wasn't worth the pacing of the entire arc. Neither was the Kite Man shit. And it doesn't matter that "man, i care about kite man now" I don't give fuck about kite man, this was "MUH BROKEN BATMAN" story. Fuck kite man. if that's what was the best part of a 'war' then what does that say about it? Shoulda been the ballad of fucking batman. 2 issues of him watching people die and breaking. Not one father who batman then proceeds to use. It's not dumbing it down it's absurdly out of character. it went beyond defensible to "what the fuck are you writing anymore? who is this?"

>OP still SEETHING over Selina's victory

YES

Bendis actually has a decent ear for dialogue, there's just too much of it. Not his fault his editors don't do their jobs. King's dialogue is utterly non-human.

Bendis is too stupid
King is too unnatural