>”Please! We have families!”

>”Please! We have families!”
>”Why does everyone keep telling me that?

Ok you gotta admit, Whedon’s dialogue is still pretty clever and funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/joss-whedon-feminist-hypocrite-infidelity-affairs-ex-wife-kai-cole-says/
archive.is/6fjDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's hot trash

We really needed another thread great job you fucking fags

It's the age of quipping villians in DC now.

I liked most his quips in Ultron.

Stuff like this is why I never understood why faggots always scream about quips when it comes to Whedon. They’re not inherently humorous because the humor is entirely dependent on if the viewer’s expectations are being subverted or not. The quip whining just sounds like a bunch of faggots who are mad that the movie is smarter than them.

you wrote a lot of words but didn't really say anything

If anything, Whedon knows comic book dialogue, considering he actually WROTE COMIC BOOKS.

Case in point.

QUIPS ARE OKAY WHEN DC DOES IT
Oh man, this is just gonna be a fucking shit week
I can already tell

>the movie is smarter than them.
Justice League hasn't even come out yet officially and you're already defaulting to this argument?
This is just fucking absurd

>the movie is smarter than them
Gotta be b8

I’m defending Whedon, not the movie. Read with your eyes.

It's annoying because every character loses their personality traits for the sake of quipping. Characters who wouldn't quip have to get stupid zingers in so the writer can feel oh so clever and stroke his cock. It's not a whedon exclusive problem or even a cinema exclusive problem though.

>still
>implying it ever was
OP's line is genuinely cringeworthy much like all of Whedon's "humor"

>defending Whedon
How does it feel to defend a rapist? And an untalented hack who manages to make every movie look like a tv show episode?

Stephenwolf comments on the trope about people begging for their lives and using their families as an excuse. It subverts the viewer’s expectation because the viewer is so used to villains casually murdering in cold blood. They don’t expect the inhuman villain to seriously consider why they keep hearing that excuse and that’s why it’s funny.

But this will be labeled a quip because faggots here will be mad that the movie ”got” them.

>Rapist

Citation please.

He's a male feminist ally, of course he's a rapist. They all are, just like every family values politician is either gay or a sex criminal.

I see what you’re saying but can you really call it a quip if a character makes an unexpected comment that happens to be funny depending on who is watching? Technically Stepphenwolf didn’t quip, he asked a legit question.

Be careful. There was a time where criticizing Whedon could get you banned from Sup Forums

Can't tell if b8 or delusional whedonshitter.

So no citation.

Except it's not a quip you retard.

Explain how I’m wrong without using the word “quip”

You're right
It's actually deep sociopolitical commentary that only people that understand Snyder's deep emotional scenes and Whedon's hidden meanings on every line he directs can understand
I'm sorry for being such a brainlet, user
Please forgive me

Please don’t go full retard

Because you're a dicksucking moron.
Because it's not funny and it definitely "got" no one.
Because "haha let's point out the cliche and make fun of it" is the most smug and yet least intelligent way to write meta humor, of course I wouldn't expect anyone who thinks Whedon is "clever" to understand that.

>Whedon supposedly has consensual sex with a couple actresses ("supposedly" because no one has come forward and the only source is his bitter ex wife)
>"HE'S A RAPIST AND SCUM OF THE EARTH, THERE'S NO WAY SHE'S LYING!"
Sup Forumsmblr is real

>You’re a stupid fanboy!
>Calling out muh cliches is dumb!

That’s all you said. Would the scene be improved with Stepphenwolf giving a generic speech about how he will stomp on the graves of their families?

Like seriously tell me what do you think would be better?

Damn, son
Get fucked

What about this
Now listen to me closely
I'm gonna blow your mind
What if
What
If
Steppenwolf had just shut his fucking mouth and said nothing instead?

Bravo, Whedon.

With Justice League that's not a problem because the only personality audiences even liked in this cast was Wonder Woman so a change can only be positive unless you're a fourteen year old contrarian.

Oh so you do want the completely cliche and generic way? I guess it’s better when the movie doesn’t offend you and stays completely predictable so you can say “aha! I saw that coming!”

What you just said is exactly why Whedon wrote the scene that way.

>Movie cleverly dodged a cliche
>”No! It’s better with cliches!”

You’re a cancer to cinema and capeshit.

Samefag

It wasn't Whedon's fault, the good parts of the movie were his doing, he just came in too late to save it from Snyder. Whedon didn't do anything wrong.

Don’t ever write anything. Your lack of imagination is why we get shitty cape films like X-Men: Apocalypse.

I wasn't the guy you asked, the post you replied to was my first post in the thread.
But since he isn't delivering, I will.

thewrap.com/joss-whedon-feminist-hypocrite-infidelity-affairs-ex-wife-kai-cole-says/
archive.is/6fjDs

>there is only cliches and Whedon's mind-numbingly generic and overused, excuse me, "clever" humor. There is nothing inbetween
>a shitty uncreative joke is something new, original and worth praising
It's been almost two decades and whedonfags are still retarded trash. No wonder they think their fat fuck is a god of creativity.
Oh wow, a most simplistic kind of a meta joke humanly possible. What brave and new development and definitely not predictable at all.

>Cheating on your wife is rape

>whedon fanboys
>claiming someone else is cancer
lul

>Calls Whedon lazy and uncreative
>Offers an even lazier and more uncreative substitute

I don’t even know why you’re getting mad. You gave a shitty idea that you put no thought into. You’re literally mad that Whedon has more talent than you.

Not him, but I think he's mad that Whedon is considered talented when his writing is nothing to make a big fuss about, and it's about as generic as any kind of "subversive" writing can get.

It's jealousy. Whedon achieved the white knights dream, so most of the Whedon haters on Sup Forums try to label him a rapist because they're upset he's more of a Chad than they ever could be. It's not going to take, Whedon's still an incredibly influential force in the industry and that's not going to change just because some whiny betas on a Peruvian sandal making forum complain about him.

I think you should direct all your complaints to yourself because your idea was fucking retarded. Even Zack Snyder would call you stupid.

Dialogue helps breath life into a character. Your suggestion would make Stepphenwolf more generic than he already is.

Ok I can deal with that. At least you articulated your post well instead of throwing a tantrum like he did while pretending he’s better.

By SJW standards, even hitting on a woman if she doesn't want you to is rape.
SJWs need to be held to their own standards, the same standards they try to force on us after they infiltrate their communities.

I offered nothing, dumbass. If you weren't a total cretin, you'd know that on anonymous imageboards you could argue with more than one person.
I know for certain that if I were to write something clever I would definitely never resort to something as shallow as "this cliche is so dumb and I'm so smart for highlighting it, amirite guys" level of writing.
>whedon
>talent
HAHAHAHAHHAHA
Another retard not capable of grasping the simplest concepts. No wonder you're all fans of whedon.
I articulated it pretty well, not my fault you're a total moron.
Finally, someone with a working brain and basic reading comprehension ITT.
Fans of whedon somehow are even more insufferable than X-Files fans.

No, it's to show how alien Steppenwolf's thinking is, he simply does not understand what "I have a family" means to a human being. To him, someone having a family as as an irrelevant reason not to kill them as what they had for breakfast.

It's not an unreasonable assumption, this is the board that somehow failed to grasp that the point of "Martha!" was Batman realizing Superman's last wish was to plead for a single human life over his own, the fact it was the same as Batman's mother's name was only to get him to stop fighting long enough to listen. That people failed to INSTANTLY grasp that the first time they saw the movie baffles me.

>DCEU shills are fully defending Whedon now

i honestly didn't expect this. wow.

DC fans really are about to come in this thread and pretend Whedon is good now huh?

Can't wait for Bendis to be good too because critics aren't smart enough to understand.

Haha yeah, I loved how after seeing someone executed in a lineup Barry just stares and has a 3 minute quipfest with Bruce. Doesn't feel psychotic at all.

> The quip whining just sounds like a bunch of faggots who are mad that the movie is smarter than them.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand JUSTice League.

Its clever. I just hate it when something serious is going on in a cape film and a joke happens. I do, however there will always be a place for One Liners and clever comebacks to villains.