ITT: Instead of dwelling on the bad Justice League movie, let's discuss some good ones

ITT: Instead of dwelling on the bad Justice League movie, let's discuss some good ones

I really liked these, up until JL: War.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HYSxN4ezhO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I make it a habit of watching Crisis on Two Earths at least once a year. It's probably my favorite Justice League story as it provided an engaging plot, fantastic soundtrack, and James Woods as Owlman.

Martian Manhunter’s romance subplot was poorly done

I like war just because of the green lantern scene

I really disliked J'onn's romance subplot, especially since I'm more used to him being a father figure to young women (like Gypsy in JLI/Task Force), so it felt wrong. Everything else though was awesome.
My favourite movie was pic related, I'm thinking of buying the comics, is it worth it?

owlman is the single carrying part of the film and boy does he deliver. because everyone else on that team is sort of bland outside of snu snu woman

Is there a comic? I remember the origin storytelling of Mexican superman on this board.

I don't get the hate for JLW, I thought it was a pretty good introduction to a large cast. Plus, I liked the interactions and conflicts between the heroes.

Character designs are ugly

God, I wish we had more CSA stuff, why isn't there a mini series yet, its like the only thing I want DC to do.

Green Lantern has the best moments by far. Him attacking darkseid, failing, and beaten by parademon minions was my favorite part of the movie.

Same, it was really out of place and unneeded. I think since Dwayne McDuffie had a hand in it he was going to include an interracial romance. He did it for Justice League and probably does it in all his works. But yeah this movie was solid throughout, wish Superman got more to kick ass and shine though.

I mean, I agree with Cyborg and maybe, MAYBE Diana, but the rest are pretty good I think.

Plus the fights carried no impact or weight to them, they just felt quick and zany. Not to mention Billy Batson was too much of a little shit and WW's outfit design was just bleh, there's also the confusing part on whether or not Flash is the same as he was in Flashpoint leading up to this. He acts like he just met Batman yet the end of Flashpoint includes him giving Bruce the letter and retaining all his memories.

Really? I like this Diana design and the long pointail gives me good vibes!

Bad designs,awkward story and choppy movements.
Now Flashpoint Paradox had atrocious designs but rest was spot on.

There are three issues detailing their backstories, apparently. There was supposed to be some TV cartoon or something, but it was scrapped and i will forever be mad but also a bit relieved that I won't see murderous Lightray again.

Now I remember War more and more fondly, but back when I was watching it I was upset that everyone was an asshole to each other (I didn't know anything about New 52 back then), except for Flash who's always best boy.
It's also followed by Throne of Atlantis which I liked very much, so if nothing else, it's redeemed in my eyes.

Hair is good, but WW needs that glorious gold on her color palette.

So it’s good but it can be improved upon.... I can dig it!

There was supposed to be a cartoon?! Well now I’m sad...

Bland story, bad character design, bad choices for a lot of new VAs (GL and Bats notably, pretty terrible followups to Conroy and usually-Nathan Fillion), Wonder Woman was pretty bad, Darkseid invading is an awful choice for the League's first formup

Just watch the shorts instead

youtube.com/watch?v=HYSxN4ezhO4

This one's the best

>Crisis on Two Earths is a better Justice League movie
>Assault on Arkham is a way better Suicide Squad movie
>Wonder Woman is a better Wonder Woman movie, even has the same villain, don't know why it couldn't get a real title though.
>Superman/Batman: Public Enemies is a better Batman/Superman team-up movie
>Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is a better movie with a Batman/Superman fight in it
>Every DC Animated Original Superman movie is better than Man of Steel
>Green Lantern: First Flight is a better Green Lantern movie

Why the fuck does anyone even bother with DC live action movies?

>marvelfag pretending to be a DC fan
lol

>There was supposed to be a cartoon?!
Just 10 episodes to be released online like the 3 shorts that came out before the movie.

Please don't bring company wars into this positive and wholesome thread.

Back to topic: I liked female character designs in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

Superman vs. the Elite is my favorite Superman movie of all time. I think the story actually works better in the movie than it did in the original comic.

DC Animated movies are marketed like shit, and no newcomer cares enough to check them out, and i think apart from mask of the phantasm they have 0 theatrical release for popcorn audience. Shame really, i will always think the best thing Warner Bros could have done to set themselves apart would be to make an animated cinematic universe rather than a live action one.

Hal's an idiot and Darkseid is poorly characterised with an electronic voice.

That movie's whole selling point was the female design.

not cheesecakey enough, with the exception of kara. I also really disliked superman's attitude towards supergirl in this.

Not even out yet, and you're already calling it the bad JL movie?

The designs are great, even good for several. The issue is the artist behind the newer stuff should not be allowed to draw human beings.

Watched B+HQ last night, the part where Harley farted actually made me jump. Jump scare.

>Hal's an idiot
So, like good ol' Silver Age Hal then?

Really? Because they ruined the point of the ending. Superman proved that he is the better man by not permanently disabling them. He gave them a taste of their own medicine and put the fear of god in them, but didn't permanently disable them or anything. even his X ray/heat vision lobotomy of Black was only temporary.

in the movie everything is handwaved by "lol superman robots" and he permanently depowers all of them, completely ruining the whole point of the damn story by ACTUALLY using their methods against them while still preaching.

>Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
I liked it, but the character designs were the ugliest I've seen in any DC cartoon. Worst Power Girl ever, I even preferred the manly looking one in JLE comics.

Honestly, I think most of the DC DTVs are pretty forgettable.

Great Tier
>Under The Hood
>Crisis on Two Earths
>Spectre short
>Jonah Hex short

Good Tier
>GL Emerald Knights
>Batman Year One
>DKR 1 & 2
>Catwoman short

Eh Tier
>Wonder Woman
>Gotham Knight
>GL First Flight
>All-Star Superman
>Superman Elite
>Superman Unbound
>Batman Assault on Arkham
>Superman/Shazam
>Green Arrow short
>JL Gods & Monsters (fuck off this wasn't anything special)

Bad Tier
>Doomsday
>S/B Public Enemies
>JL Doom
>Killing Joke
>Teen Titans Judas Contract

Oh Shit Nigger What Are You Doing Tier
>S/B Apocalypse
>Batman & Harley
>all the New 52 adaptations
>all the Morrison Batman adaptations

It seemed like there was more effort originally, especially when they were doing shorts, but ever since Flashpoint, its just been complete garbage. The guy that voices Batman in these new DTVs sounds so fucking bored and Damian could not be more annoying. Is Timm even really involved in these things? Seems like making Batgirl fanfiction is the only notable thing he's done in a while.

Bruce Timm kinda passed the baton since Gods & Monsters i think.

>I think since Dwayne McDuffie had a hand in it
Pretty sure he was dead beore CoTE came out

>That Jester opening
>Good Lex is a based bro
>James Woods Owlman is god tier
>Snu Snu Woman
>Dat beat down on Ultraman

Awesome movie.

Doomsday, Wonder woman, and All-Star Supes were really good though.

>Edgy cringe-tier dialogue
>Awful designs
>Darkseid is just "big alien invader guy"
>Voices don't feel organic to the characters

Public Enemies sucked. It's an obnoxious Batman/Superman wankfest. Also Lex is way too hammy for them to attempt to make him fucking president.

>can Batman plan for Hal's retardation?

>JL Doom
>bad
but why?

What if someone loves the MCU and DCAU with equal fervor?

Didn't she used to have that hairstyle, though?

>using their methods against them
He didn't kill them, though.

>make an animated cinematic universe rather than a live action one
I've argued for this more times than I could count. Not only would it stand apart, but it would better depict wild Silver Age shenanigans than shitty CGI and actors clearly embarrassed to be there

Coming back after a while, but how bad is the JL movie? Honestly not surprised by the reception it's getting.

This was good.

>S/B Public enemies “bad”
>Gods and Monsters “eh”
>All Star superman “eh”

Trash list dude!

>2d animation on the big screen
I can't hope any more user, but this vision is a beautiful one anyway.

Yes she did use to have that hairstyle!

Then changed to the woman bob cut we know now.

Attack on Arkham was a much better Suicide Squad movie.

You’re absolutely mental if you’re saying this sucked.

This movie was fun and lex hamming it up was a lot of fun!

It would depend on how much of the "Justice League: Worlds Collide" DTV was recycled into CoTE.

>Better Than The Original Comic Tier
Under the Red Hood
S/B Apocalypse
Flashpoint Paradox

>God Tier
JL The New Frontier
Wonder Woman
Crisis on Two Earths
Assault on Arkham
DC Showcases

>Great tier
Public Enemies
Gotham Knight
Emerald Knight
The Dark Knight Returns 1 and 2
Batman Year One

>Ok Tier
JL War
JL Throne of Atlantis
JL Gods and Monsters
JL vs Teen Titans
Superman Doomsday
Superman vs The Elite
All Star Superman
Batman Bad Blood

>Trash Tier
JL Doom
Son of Batman
Batman vs Robin
Superman Unbound

>Overrated Tripe Tier
Mask of the Phantasm

>Y-YOU JUST HATE D-DC!!!11
>MARVELMARVELMARVEL
>I AM NOT HEARING ANYTHING
>THE DCEU MOVIES ARE KINO SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH
Truly, DCEUfags are pathetic.

Michael Turner inspred designs are so fuckable.

RIP