Invincible #142 Storytime

Tera is cute. CUTE!

>A Robot in a Suit in a Robot Suit

>Best Tiger shows up but we don't even get to see him shoot anything

The Earth he left Abe Lincoln in charge of seemed pretty shitty. He probably should have just let Robot take over.

Your memory is faulty, it was pretty good in all honesty. King immortal just went a bit crazy in the end to provoke the people to kill him because he was tired of having lost everything and everyone he loved countless times due to age.

ded next page

>We're a lot alike, you and I....

>im just like your dinobud.

Murder him, Mark. Murder everyone!

That last panel is fucking great.

It's the only way this would have ended.

man of murder

YEAH THERE'S NO WAY HE'LL EVER LONG FOR A BODY AGAIN AND SWEET TALK SOMEONE TO GIVE HIM ACCESS TO THE NUCLEAR CODES OR SOMETHING THANKS MARK

Is this shit over now?

rip robot
thought he'd go out a bit better desu

fucking hilarious

>Mom said it's my turn to be plot relevant

welp

I cannot think of a way for this not to be unbelievably awkward.

Mark, this only ends poorly!

and that's all.

>mark's idea is to put robot's brain in a jar and exploit him for the rest of his life
just seems evil for some reason

Kekx

We can't let Robodrumpf get the nuclear codes.

ahahhaha

Mark's grandkid is going to be the strongest hero in history.

Good to see Brit Jr. seems to have high-functioning autism.

It's pretty amoral and dumb as fuck. We've seen the outcome of this already.

Pre-teen sexy time on the way. And it will be adorable.

Technically even Marky won't be as strong, since Mark is half human, the viltrume genes were diluted a bit. Thargg and Nolan will still be the strongest ever.

I seriously thought this was going to be Cecil

Man, Mark. If he did this while knowing the fact that the Immortal becomes a crazy evil dictator Abraham Lincoln in the future, he's a dick.

I mean. Dinosaurus was his first foray to doing morally dubious things in the name of good. Why not another? But yeah. We already know how this ends up. Well, at least in the "short term", this can only be a good thing for Earth. At least (as far as) we know, it's not Robot who messes things from this decision of Mark's.

Mark isn't half human, user. The reason why humanity was such a good candidate to interbreed with VIltrumites was because there was hardly any dilution at all. Like, he's 99.9% Viltrumite or something like that.

adorable

Evil Genius are so much easier to handle when they can’t move and come with a “mute” button

this is exactly how he started out

Eve was the worst person to relay Anissa's last words. I bet she hasn't even told Mark what she said.

>Hello, are you my rape-dad?

It all depends on how that universe works.

In DC, Batman stated that by his estimations Jon is actually going to end up stronger than Superman, despite being half-human.

As always with Invincible for the last few years background stuff is more fun than the main story.

I want a kid team book with Terra, Brit Jr, The Immortal's kids ... and Brit trying to keep control of the whole mess.

Maybe the occasional kids trying to pet Wolf-Man.

Something fun, like Invincible was in the early days.

Fug.

Mark is already stronger than Nolan. Thragg is on a different level entirely.

kek

>I think things are better this way
You're a brain in a tank, I'm sure you're thrilled with this outcome

Marky is 3/4ths Viltrumite and has royal blood. That, and Humans are a near exact match for Viltrumite DNA. Marky has a good chance of becoming STRONGER than his dad.

He start out as one. Well, not a brain, but a deformed cancerous body in a jar that dies in seconds when exposed to unfiltered air.

with Ursaal as babysitter

I mean, I was just telling that user that Mark isn't actually "half" Viltrumite so much as he is "almost pure" Viltrumite.

What was the deal with Thragg anyway? Was he some sort of genetically engineered Viltrumite supersoldier?

full circle, good going robutt.

>But yeah. We already know how this ends up
The anti-spiral come to destroy earth and Rex help in saving the day?

Surprisingly, this method has yielded good results before.
It's called "community service. A fitting punishment.

Remember the two time-traveling kung-fu guys who shanghai'd Mark into helping them to overthrow a dictator in their dystopian future society?

I say a rulership that can do its job for 2 or 3 centuries qualify as "Good enough".

Anyway, it wasn't Robot who caused the downfall of it, but Immortal becoming crazy after the death of DupliKate. Robot was uninvolved in those events and was probably dead of old ae at this point. So, no, I don't think bocal-Robot messed up at some point.

I mean, when your entire society is built on punching things it makes sense that the best puncher gets to be in charge.

There's also Ochiai from Sidonia no Kishi. Mad scientist guy. They made a clone of him to access his brain and use his knowledge, but the clone got roped into acting as a proper member of the crew and they transferred all of Ochiai's knowledge into him, making the original superfluous. Guy is also actually pretty popular among the ship's female members.

All that bullshit and now Mark has to deal with his rape baby too?

I mean, that's pretty much exactly what I said in the original post you quoted me from.

TERRA'S NOT FOR SHIPPING.

Mark you fucking idiot

Not as cute as Brit Jr.

>What happened to you Zandale?
He's got a load of issues but I think he partly suffers from some complex due to accidentally murdering his parents. He probably thinks he can atone by making a utopia with Robot.

Also more interesting as superman two-face in a suit. So there's that as well.

Actually, pretty much anyone gets cooler when put in a suit. That one street-level villain from early on whose power was simply covering himself in a shell of concrete? Looked great in a suit. I mean, I have no idea how he was able to remain as a crime lord, but he was pretty stylin'.

NOT THE WOMAN OF RAPE

Wasn't Brits kid supposed to be autistic? What happened with that?

And why did Best Tiger only get a fucking cameo?

>He's got a load of issues but I think he partly suffers from some complex due to accidentally murdering his parents.

Not just his parents, but his brother inadvertently too. Really though, Zandale had the right idea. Robot was doing great things for the world and everything only got fucked up because Rudy thought Mark would try to kill him.

>but his brother inadvertently too.
What? No. His brother killed himself. Zandale is not responsible for his death.

>and everything only got fucked up because Rudy thought Mark would try to kill him.
Self-fulfilling prophecy are the stupidest kind of prophecy.

Pretty much, yeah. His brother was a crazy mad scientist who was gonna get him killed to give himself super powers. Zandale's parents were pricks who just dumped all the blame on him, though.

He still feels responsible for it though.

Genuinely pretty happy with how neatly things seem to be wrapping up so far, especially with two issues left. Was worried we were going to be looking at a much sloppier, rushed ending to all these plot threads.

Mark can't get a break. He's Daredevil lite in terms of life shitting on him.

This issue felt pretty rushed to me, man. But I do prefer this to dragging it out over tons of issues, but I just wanted a LITTLE bit more to it.

sigh, that elastic alien guy is dead... I forgot

>I have no mouth and I must scream
Leave it to Murderman to doom his antagonist to a fate worse than death. Of course knowing that shifty bastard Robot, he'll figure out a way to piss in his cereal yet.