Gwenpool!

Gwenpool!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=73VpdxUS2o8&t=1107s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who is she gonna reboot next?

inflated sales!

when do we get into gurihirus lewd vault?

here's what Gwenpool sounds like.
youtube.com/watch?v=73VpdxUS2o8&t=1107s
skip to 15:21

>Good Girl!Gwen does even more damage to the Marvel Universe than Evil!Gwen could ever hope to do.

>le trendy selfie girl deadpool
fuck that

>>Good Girl!Gwen does even more damage to the Marvel Universe
her book is not canon to the rest of the Marvel Universe

I think Gwenpool is cute

Proof?

she's cute

she appears in other comics and she can't do her mary sue bullshit of throwing people outside the page nor do they make references of her doing that

Yeah, why is she pigeonholed as the selfie girl? She only took one selfie in the story to confirm a kill, and the only time she acted like a millennial was on one cover for Howard the Duck.

Her voice is fucking terrible, but it's also hilarious.

because she doesn't have much personality at all, not even in her own book.

I mean, what is there to be said about Gwenpoo as a character? She says random shit and sometimes references being in a comic book in the most generic way possible and... that's it

A writer could quite easily explain that away canonically.

>Huh, my powers aren't working
>"Why not?"
>Probably because this is a guest appearance and they don't want to make it too easy for me

There's the "nigh-sociopathic because she's the only "real" pe rson in the world" aspect, which is interesting though admittedly a bit little to define a character through.

One could almost argue that NOT being a "lol selfie" girl is one of her more unique personality traits though, IMO.

She has a personality. At first she's a reckless, if well-meaning brat who sees her world as fictional, which is why she mistreats life so easily. Then she has to repeatedly get punished until she learns that these are actual, living people to her, and she grows to care about those she loves. Then she sees how, if she continued her worst behavioral traits, she could become a villain - which prompts her to become a true hero, because she couldn't bear to hurt the people she loves.

It's hard to say that Gwen has no personality or character when her book is all about her character and how she changes.

>A writer could quite easily explain that away canonically.

but they didn't

>There's the "nigh-sociopathic because she's the only "real" pe rson in the world" aspect, which is interesting though

they don't play out that element at all, you are just making it sound way harsher than it is.

Is like the people that try to argue that Star Vs is a really dark show because ''characters get mentally tortured all the time!!!!!! PTSD!!! Some character are avoiding being MURDERED all the time! not a kids show!''

that doesn't say much about her as a character, all you are doing is describing the ''plot'' of the book

>they don't play out that element at all

That's part of her whole character arc, m8, she tends to treat characters and especially background nobodies like expendable toys, multiple people have called her out on her flippant willingness to accept or be responsible for damange and loss of life.

The plot is character-driven. It moves in response to Gwenpool's actions and personality.

And I just said how she was a selfish asshole, then learned to overcome it. She had flaws and had to work through them. You can't have character development and not have a personality.

If you want traits not connected to the plot: she's shown to be a decent strategist. She sees situations from a story-telling standpoint rather than an actual, real-life scenario.

And what said.

>That's part of her whole character arc, m8, she tends to treat characters and especially background nobodies like expendable toys

its lip service most of the time, it reads more like you are meant to laugh at those moments instead of feeling sad.

Is because they have this ''tell, don't show'' thing going on so having the character stop and literally tell the audience that she feels bad about shit instead of showing us and delve into those story elements more

>If you want traits not connected to the plot: she's shown to be a decent strategist

yeah but what's the point if all your action scenes are just bland shit?

Not for action scenes- she formulated a plan to fight off the aliens, keep the police and civilian away, and bring in heroes. Her plan would have worked (for the most part) if it wasn't sabotaged by the Doombot dude.

But yeah, I agree that the action scenes are pretty weak. I'm a hardcore Gwenfag, but I'll be the first to admit that the action scenes are usually weak. Gwen not having a full-on fight with her future self was disappointing.

Also Deadpools beatdown on her was not much of a fight. He only punched her once and then put his knife on her throat.

Even if you don't show a fight at least show...fucking something.

The Deadpool issues were also Arcade issues involving D&D shit and yet all we got was like 2 or 3 really bland fight scenes.

All that potential and they give us nothing

We had giant frogs.

She was so thirsty that issue

It's implied she does that for ALL of her kills, not just the one time.

I think it's just the easiest way to express what the character is in a still image. Taking a selfie immediately tells you that she doesn't take the superhero thing all that seriously, that she's enthusiastic about being where she is, and that she's fairly young.

Her personality is that she hates herself and buries herself in escapism, both in the form of comics and the quirky personality she uses to pretend she doesn't care. Any time the consequences of her actions are shoved in her face, she tries to dodge around them and quickly falls apart if she can't. Her central character conflict is that she's a terrible person who sees herself as the good guy, so she'll eventually be forced to change for real or just embrace that she's an awful person. This is represented by a recurring theme in the comic where everyone around her considers her a villain, but she thinks she's a hero.