YES DIANA....TAKE. THEM. ALL! Finally, you see

YES DIANA....TAKE. THEM. ALL! Finally, you see.....

Look at this world! MANKIND DID THIS, NOT ME!

I really wanted the New 52 styled Costume. It looks really badass but this wasn't bad either.

Mustache

He was a good villain though, he was a racist but his views were based on facts, unlike Ego you don't need to make a whole fedora pseudo philosofical bullshit to make his character make sense and he wasn't bwahahahaha le evil like Hela

This, he was the second best supervillain this year after vulture, however this only show how bad 2017 villains were

I liked Russell Ego and Thewliss Ares both actually. They couldn't help being in pretty pedestrian films. I wish MCU and DCU would stop killing off their villains though, there will be none left for the big crossover event films.

Look at her and tell me I'm wrong! She is the perfect example of these "humans" and unworthy of your sympathy in every way!

Destroy her, Diana! You know she deserves it, THEY ALL DO!

They can bring Ares back pretty easily if they want to, just handwave it by saying gods never really die.

>Humans are intrinsically violent and warlike
>Warfare is a sad constant because that's just how we are
>Oh wait no it really was just Ares all along lmao
>Well now you can just punch him really hard to make everything better

That's...Sarevok?

>>Oh wait no it really was just Ares all along lmao

But....it wasn't. Did you even watch the movie?

all the good shit Ares did was off screen.

He was barely in the movie and when he was, it was the worst part of the movie by far with one of the worst boss fights ever.

All they had to do was actually let ares and WW FIGHT, sword to sword, hand to hand but naw... stand and throw powers at each other.

MOre of a botched, boring end than The Wolverine... yet somehow this movie is loved

>Oh wait no it really was just Ares all along lmao
No? Humans by nature fight forever, Ares was just forcing them to keep fighting till extinction isntead of stopping and making an endless circle of violence.

>shit cg
>"WAHAHA here's my evil plan, and if I haven't told you about it, it would've gone just as I wanted"
>"Humans are the real evil, even though they all stop fighting once I am dead"
lol

>He was a good villain
DC delusion everyone

>"Humans are the real evil, even though they all stop fighting once I am dead"

Why do you carry on with this? You know that's not what happened. Are you stupid or just shitposting. Please respond, I'm legit curious why.

There are few movies that shat the bed during the third act as hard as this one did

Ego makes sense because he only cares about himself. Its in his freaking name!

Ares shouldn't have killed the gods. They should have died fighting Apokolops. Ares should be spreading war to make humans stronger in case they came back.

Wtf are you talking about? The third act had a great twist, a sentimental death and a great fucking battle, it wasn't just limited to "ha ha jokes"

>great twist
>great battle

Dude even I liked the movie, but no.

Then why did all the German's immediately stop shooting at everything that moved and start taking their helmets off while smiling the second Ares died?

>her face
>the limp, bloodless, lame choreography
>the godawful CGI
Every time

Only if she's Palestinian, you monster!

Hahahahahahah
No

>TAKE. THEM. ALL!
Okay.
*bangs Maru*

>Kills dozens of conscripts whose only option is fight to get shot by their commanding officers without a second thought
>Doesn't kill the woman who directly killed dozens, indirectly killed hundreds of thousands, and laughs about killing people because "I'm better than this"

The war was already over but ares was influencing them to keep fighting unnaturally,

she was recovering from a mental breakdown after chris death

>killing an unarmed defenseless enemy begging for it's life is the same as fighting back against armed enemies.

>making him keep the moustache
>even in flashbacks centuries before his disguise

Why do people think WW was good again? Not being a marveldrone either. I don't like a majority of Marvel flicks and loved Man of Steel. Just saw WW as on par with one of the lower-tier Marvels.

Because they just witnessed two gods fighting each other and one of them just exploded. Are you stupid that you didn't notice the "what the fuck just happened?" atmosphere with them after the battle?

>Ares has a moustache
>THIS MOVIE IS TERRIBLE

You're not a very good movie critic.

>wonder woman was a awful, like, that guy had a moustache 0/10

...He killed all the gods and tried to kill all humanity just because he didn't like them

All the CGI in the world can't hide that faggy face and mustache beneath.

I actually really like this design, fuck it.

Like I've said, WW is an odd movie, because it has some beautifully shot scenes and some that were just, "What the fuck were they thinking?" tier.

>*bangs Maru*

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>Killing Hitler begging for this life is the same as fighting back against armed enemies
Fighting back is fine, but fucking kill the bitch too you stupid fucking cunt, you think she's gonna be so moved by your stupidity that she'll stop being a monster?

The out of place moustache was one of many flaws, although it was pretty telling how much the team cared about his story arc. There's no excuse for lazy filmmaking either, especially with an oversight that simple.

Pic related, along with various other forced unfunny jokes, was another. The special effects were generally under par as well, along with the acting. Themyscira was underwhelming, thanks largely to those effects and acting. The fight scenes also suffered from CG overreliance. The script was by-the-numbers to the point of extreme predictability. Again, on par with a lower-tier Marvel flick.
It's just not a very good movie. Overrated at the very best.

Yeah it could. That was the problem. They could have just done the Witch King with glowing eyes. I have no idea why they showed Thewlis in the armor. I assumed it was just a form he was taking

>candy was bad
Fuck off, no seriously fuck off.

>I have no idea why they showed Thewlis in the armor. I assumed it was just a form he was taking
Yeah it just makes no sense. It's like they wanted their villain to be seen as a joke or something.

At least give the nigger some makeup. Something creative.
Hell, even let him keep the moustache since it vanishing would make no sense, but don't show him with it in a flashback to his preWWI life. That's just silly in a scene that cannot afford to be silly.

i'd rather they kept the mustache too, instead of CGI removing it like on superman in JL.

While we're bitching about Ares, I feel like the idea of him crafting new armor from the bullets and guns around him is a neat idea and thematically appropriate, but in practice it just looked kind of shitty.

She was terrible and unnecessary.

Etta Candy was precious, I bet the only thing that make you laugh are forced unrealistic out of place quips

>I bet the only thing that make you laugh are forced unrealistic out of place quips
No, I already told you I didn't like Candy.

That was the CG team's fault. It wouldn't be too hard to make weapons turning into armor look cool in the right hands.

She didn't made any quips

It vanishing makes perfect sense because he's a god. Ares actually looking like Thewlis is what makes no sense

I concede. When all of your lines and even your very character consists entirely of bad jokes, it's something much worse than simple quips.

I mean that's fair. I'm just saying they could've gotten away with even that as long as he didn't sport the 'stache centuries ago, implying he'd been sporting it during all that time.

>cast david thewlis as the villain
>give him a shitty mustache and two seconds of screen time before the reveal
>make him some big bad who wants to do bad things because he's bad!

>make him some big bad who wants to do bad things because he's bad!
Yeah! Is almost like he was the villain or something!

Even more disappointing considering his performance in Fargo season 3. He almost saved that season.
>bad writing is ok because he's the bad guy!

>bad writting
Despised humans and saw them as naturally evil because he saw them bring a never ending circle of violence to the world after thousands of years without stop, if that's bad writting them please point me a couple of good written villains on DCEU/MCU

But they don’t know who either of the gods were or what sides they were on. And they were hugging the people that just spent the night firebombing their base.

>humans are too violent, they kill each other all the time
>therefore I'll kill them all to stop them from killing so much

Where have I heard that before?

He's a war god though, he should be all for humans killing each other.

Sure thing.
>Zod
Genetically engineered super soldier whose only purpose in life was to protect his people, denied this when Kal-El chose to stop his invasion of Earth to fulfill that purpose.
>Vulture
Blue Collar who discovered a profitable life of crime after losing a job due to SHIELD interference, only to be hunted down by Spider-Man later. Ends up having a change of heart after Spider-Man saves his daughter's and his own lives.

That's one villain from each franchise that is better than the "kill humanity for true peace" anime trope that's been around forever.

>unlike Ego you don't need to make a whole fedora pseudo philosofical bullshit
What are you on about?

Nearly every early 2000s anime.

You say that like killing her is the ONLY option.
Someone could easily still apprehend her and have her tired by the UN for her war crimes.
Yeah she'd likely get the death penalty, but you can't just take it 100% into your own hands if you don't have to.

Sounds pretty reasonable for a greek god.

...Yes?

https archiveofourown org tags Diana (Wonder Woman)*s*Isabel Maru works

>This, he was the second best supervillain this year after vulture

Oh fuck you.

F-fuck

All they knew that some serious magic monster shit was going on because an armor clad demon throwing cars and summoning lighting was screaming all night about killing all humans.

That whole shit after Ares was destroyed was a 'holy shit, we're alive what a relief I didn't know what was happening' moment of peace. How autistic are you to not have seen that?

not him, but it is thematically inconsistent. i expected the last part of the movie to be a montage of diana in WWII, korea, vietnam, etc to show that she's still trying to fight for mankind

as is the movie spends the whole time telling you "it's not ares!" and then when he dies the german soldiers all lay down their arms and cry rather than try to kill diana

Why would they try to kill her? They saw what she did to them last time they tried that. They also saw her killing a monster that was talking about how all humans deserve death.

That was a 'just glad to be alive' moment for all those guys.

The third act is why I dont take this movie seriously. The person I went to watch it with had to go to the bathroom and missed this scene, and they came out saying it was good and now I realize it's cause they didn't see this part.

that cgi is full of bullshit

But he was screaming in English. How well did the German Troops know English to be aware he was bad?

German high command were having a conversation in English while in Germany. They all spoke English.

I'm not saying it's bad, but the final version looks bad compared to this. I blame Johns for trying to shove his 90's nostalgia onto Ares' design. The final version is just meh.
>Again, on par with a lower-tier Marvel flick.
>t-trust me I'm a dcfag!
Ok

>just handwave it by saying gods never really die.
I feel like they kind of need to do this already to make the Shazam movie work. Somehow, the power of Zeus needs to live on.

that sounds like the director was just being really stupid

it's a MOSTLY good movie, which is all you can really ask for when it comes to dc

Actually it just sounds like the director was making a movie for mainstream audiences.

Mainstream audiences can handle a few subtitles and they bragged in the movie about how fluent Diana was.
It just seems like they wanted to be lazy

Not gonna lie, I thought Ares was a pretty decent villain. Not overly deep/layered but his role made sense in the grand scheme of the story.

How did people like this shit?

Man that would have been so much better. Then his hatred of mortals wouldn't have just been "they're dumb and ugly," he would have watched his family die to protect them, and resent them for it because he didn't think they deserved it.

Hell, all they really needed to do was have him wearing a helmet that obscured his face in the flashback.