The Punisher #218 Storytime

This hasn't been done already?

Other urls found in this thread:

www109.zippyshare.com/v/eJ6gZ8TT/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is already a massive improvement over the most recent run.

...though this is the second "mature readers/parental advisory" book I've read in a week that censors swear words but shows graphic violence. (Other was Grave Dancer's Union)

Frank and The Ghost should team-up. Both are vigilants and Ghost can be Franks updated Micro.

Thanks OP.
Didn't suck as much as I thought it would.

>calling Black Fury "junior" as an insult
Whelp, this might be my favorite marvel book right now, based on that alone. I don't mind Samuel L. Fury, but I like that Frank is sorta putting him in his place here. Seems like every other character treats him like the movie version, i.e. someone who's been around and "playing the game" for years

*sniff*

Eyy
*rubs head*

M'ask you somethin

*rubs head*

Why'd they make him look so much like Jon Bernthal? Can he sue?

I don't get why marvel needs to make him look like Bernthal.

Yeah that was a nice touch.

this comic was mostly pretty good but

what the fuck the suit drawn in the comic looks incredibly shitty

why did they censor the word boss?

Yeah, the helmet looks more like Xorn than an Iron Man/War Machine model

They don't NEED to. They want to.

they didn't. it's meant to show that Frank shot him before he could finish talking but between the layout and lettering they seem like two separate moments.

Rosenberg gets Frank far more than Cloonan did. We've upgraded.

>slight frank face

Frank finally using guns to kill people.

Cloonan really fucked up his character.

I like this guy.

>I can draw so many skulls on this

Careful user, Marvel suits want to move away from guns and focus on Frank having high tech gadget adventures.

T H I C C

Is it me or did they try to get a Jon Bernthal look there?

So...will we get a pissed-off Carol looking for the suit close to the end of this arc?

No.

Cloonan should not have been put on him in the first place. Unless she knocked it out of the park her run was either going to be a woman writer trying too hard or a mediocre example of playing it safe. We got the latter and it wasn't a train wreck but it was utterly forgettable.

>Mr. Odinson

mother fucker.

When did they make the Warmachine suit a woman?

Bernthal already looks a lot like how Frank is depicted. Someone was posting him and Dillon drawings imposed over each other and it was fairly uncanny.

Looking pretty Bernthal there Frank

Look at his tiny little arms.

Damn that was pretty good even tho he does look a bit like Bernthal the art looks great. I feel like the writer who wrote the last three pages doesn't really "get" Frank tho

Already leaps and bounds better than the shitfest that was Cloonans run. The only interesting thing to come out of that was Face, after his mutation, and he was mulched in the final issue.

why is War Machine thicc as fuck

I'm fine with them using Bernthal as the model for Frank in the series. Ties it to the MCU pretty well. Some of the art is lacking though, and moreso make him look way uglier than he should. Especially that smile at the end.

Really hoping this will be a permanant, continuing title, and not just another bullshit 20 issues then nothin'.

Why not? Benrthal probably signed away his likeness for use in Punisher related material.

I like this guy

>Drawing Frank to look like Bernthal
ah geez

That suit looks like shit but the premise is good and the writing isn't horribly offensive. I'll continue to read.

>he actually paints a skull on it

Holy Fuck Frank

The skull is kinda his symbol so...

I'm ready for Iron Frank

I know this sounds strange, but im glad someone in a comic book is from the neighborhood of east New York Brooklyn.
i live there in ENY Brooklyn and none of the people in my college know what im talking about when i say east new york. shit just made my day seeing this

I agree about the art, overall, but that last smile gave me Corben vibes and I like it.

I'm going into this the same way as Frankencastle, a stupid yet fun change to the status quo that will go back to normal in a year or so.

>thor's never going to try and get a reservation here anyway

If I ever sneak my way into marvel I will have Thor try to get reservation there, and I will have shenanigans happen, and I will have a caption box that says [see Punisher #218].

I always lose my shit on the rare occasions when Frank smiles

Did ACO's Fury book get cancelled? It actually made me like Jr.

Actually a good Punisher comic. Thank De Lawd. It's about time.

Damn, I see it now. No way that was coincidental.

This

>those wide hips and belly rolls

did the suit just give birth?

Has Ghost ever killed innocents?

S Y N E R G Y

Same reason Jessica Jones looks like Kristen Ritter now.

The suit looks like shit. It looked like a bad cosplay costume. The art wasn't all that in this issue. I hope they step it up.

It triggers me slightly, his personality is such that he shouldn't smile ever.

He did kill a Stark security guard once, Ghost is also a paranoid schizo, so his perception of reality is either disorted or ultimately right.

Last weak Mister Miracle did the same. Very frustrating.

>paranoid schizo
>ultimately right

hmmm

Its more probable that Ghost helps Frank indirectly, sending Data to Frank about the whereabouts of criminals, Frank probably won't like Ghost because Ghost is a terrorist but he also can't do anything against him.

Thanks OP

Iron Fat

they don't need to but they want people that watch the show to read the current comics it's why synergy is even a thing

HOW can they shit the bed so badly with the armor? It looked fantastic in the cover. WHAT. THE. FUCK. How does THIS get past edit- oh, right.

Interesting issue, up until that last page.

Bump

Literally why, is this what Rhodey's armor looked like in it's last, or any, appearance?

Also I thought they were difficult to pilot, but Frank can just hop in and fly away?

How is he killing DD here?

Whoever takes Iron Man after Bendis, I want them to write a story where Lila kicks Frank's ass and takes back her uncle's armor.

The Punisher 218 (2018) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer).cbr
www109.zippyshare.com/v/eJ6gZ8TT/file.html

Fuck that. Just resurrect Rhodes by having an old brainscan of him put into an cloned body

Frank has used Ironman armor before

The fucking Army reengineered him for fucking PowerPoint.

#6 came out in September and there hasn't been another solicited since then. I don't know if it was "cancelled" or if it was always a stealth mini or what, but it was one of the more underrated books to come out of Marvel this year.

Bump

I think it's just a reference to an old cover.