How come he was so intent in making sure Hulk won...

How come he was so intent in making sure Hulk won? Wouldn't the match have been more exciting if there was a new champion? The crowd was ready to jump ship and cheer on Thor.

he wanted the BGC
>big green cock

He promised Thor freedom if he won, so if Thor had won he'd have lost him and his champion would no longer be undefeated.

Basically he never actually intend to free anyone.

This is important, as then it makes it feel better for us to see his empire collapse in a rebellion, if we know him as a dishonest ass-hole.

In the end this is the correct use of the Elders of the Universe. Because each of them are so powerful in their own ways, that they need to be uncaring dickheads who don't lift a finger when the universe is in peril. They are Neutral, and almost evil enough that you wouldn't want anything to do with them unless you have no choice. But not so evil that there is any need to try to kill them.

>He promised Thor freedom if he won
>Not above cheating but is above lying

>>He promised Thor freedom if he won
>>Not above cheating but is above lying
See, the point is that it is public knowledge that "beating the champion earns your freedom".

This lie needed to be enforced, because who in their right mind would fight The Hulk for any other reason? If you beat the Champion, but then was not allowed to be free, then no one would challenge the Champion ever again.

Gobloom is all about putting on a good show. And he needed the Challenger to fight like he had something worth fighting for.

Unlike Thor it was clear Hulk was happy to be there so even if he thought he was trading in for a newer, better champion he still would be getting a riskier one. Hulk didn't even need chipping, he was fine. Nice, stupid, and placid until it was fight time. Thor represented too much of a threat, especially if he could defeat Hulk. Which frankly was made clear when Thor stated his successful escape.

>not so evil that there is any need to try to kill them.
>enslaves people and forces them to fight to the death for amusement

??? Are you high?

>??? Are you high?
Slavery isn't illegal in most of the MCU galaxy. The Collector own slaves too. Slave Trading is entirely happening in the MCU and you can't stop entire planets and systems to legalise what they want. Obviously slavery is bad, but I am just pointing out that it is only illegal in certain places in the MCU. And that Goldblum in-film also prefer to be in denial about being a slave owner. And how many people did Valkyrie sold into slavery? It is all relative.

Fundamentally the Grand Master's problem is that he is a bad ruler and that the population rises up to overthrow him. Slavery is a separate thing that can only be stopped when the general populous actually agree to oppose it.

Thor would have left had he won, and he would not have a undefeated champion. Aslo, he had Hulk under his control while Thor was against him from the start.

>Wouldn't the match have been more exciting if there was a new champion?
Real Madrid always wins, The Steelers always win, the Celtics always win, SKT always win, etc etc

plot armor nigger

The crowd went bananas when Samsung beat SKT, though. Or am I missing your point?

He's Vince McMahon.
Thoretty couldn't draw a dime.

Aside from the fact that hulk is undefeated and Thor was promised freedom, the majority of spectators placed their money on Hulk, assumingly a very large amount due to payout being low. Grandmaster's motivation isn't to rig the games against the spectators.

Plus he was building a giant hulk head on a building. And hulk loved being there.

The Grandmaster always cheats. Read more comics new friend

he probably figured all the Hulk fans (the people with Hulk masks and shit) would get pissed and revolt or something.

And the hulk fans IRL, Marlel knows to keep it vague, otherwise Hulk fans would not pay to see the movie.

Did the Hulk fans go REEEEEEEEEEEEE when the Hulkbuster beat Hulk in AoU?

I'm getting tired of every Avenger beating Hulk in these movies. Ironman in Avengers 2, Thor in this... It can be argued that Hulk was weakened both times but still, it should take all of the Avengers combined to do something against him.

obviously i can't speak for everyone but i have actually seen multiple hulkfags get pissy about that

It's just that the whole thing the Hulk brings to the team is raw fighting power. If another character can beat him by themselves, Hulk might as well not even be there.

Tony only """""won"""" because Scarlet Witch's spell wore off on him and left him dazed and significantly less angry, not to mention Tony got the sneak hit in hardly making it a 'real' win. I mean, Tony didn't actually beat the Hulk by virtue of his own abilities. Hell, Hulk was trashing him 90% of the time and the other 10% was him stalling or minimizing collateral damage.

At least with Thor it's more justifiable since Thor should be one of the only Avengers able to trade W's with Hulk

Nobody leaves Sakaar unless you beat the Champion. The Champions never want to leave because they revel in battle (Arkon, Ares, Hulk, etc.). If someone actually managed to leave Sakaar, then everyone would start wanting to leave.

Because Hulk was The Guy. Gotta keep The Guy looking strong. Gotta book him strong, gotta get the new guys to job for him, the old guys to job for him, gotta have him win solo in 5 on 1s.

Hulk is the biggest, sweatiest there is!

Valkyrie sucked in this movie the comic was better

>But not so evil that there is any need to try to kill them.

The point of the Elders is that you can't kill them anyone. They are cosmically powered immortals who are so autistic about their hobbies that it renders them immortal.

>it should take all of the Avengers combined to do something against him.
Why should the collateral damage of a science project gone wrong be stronger than a god?

Hulkbuster only won because Hulk let his guard down and got sucker punched in the end. Hulk was beating its ass the entire time up until that.

Thor should be able to take the Hulk though, he's a god.

Because Thor is not about being strong while Hulk is about being unchecked, uncontrollable power. And because norse gods are weak af.

>The point of the Elders is that you can't kill them anyone. They are cosmically powered immortals who are so autistic about their hobbies that it renders them immortal.
The Elders being literal Immortals have not yet been established in the MCU. They very probably are, it's just that there had not been a need to bring it up in the films just yet.

You obviously don't know how things like professional wrestling work. Match outcomes are fixed.

Stan Lee is rolling on his grave, Hulk will never be on Thor's level, be happy that Hulk might win in a punch out, it's better than nothing.

>Thor is not about being strong

>At least with Thor it's more justifiable since Thor should be one of the only Avengers able to trade W's with Hulk
This is so true and was honestly very satisfying to watch.

Better analogy is the globetrotters. People think Hulk is entertaining to watch, even if he can't lose.

>pushing the new guy over your champion
He's gotta pay his dues and do the job, brother!

>Stan Lee is rolling on his grave
The fuck are you on about.

But can't hulk infinitely increase his power? The longer the fight the more likely thors threshold will be cap out while hulks does not

Has to sell Hulk merchandice.

Yep, she sucked.

How can an Asgardian die from drinking? And, wasn't the whole joke earlier in the movie that Thor drinks a lot (the refilling mug)?

In the movie's version of Sakaar it seems like everyone is at least "can't die from old age" immortal.

Fingers crossed for Nick Cage as the Gardener.

Thor wasn't a showman, Hulk could play the crowds.

>In the movie's version of Sakaar it seems like everyone is at least "can't die from old age" immortal.
IMO, I think they only did this so they don't have to nail down the timeframe of Thor3's events.

Also, it is probably determined that Hera would conquer Asgard easily, but then there is the issue of Thor being delayed for several days as a slave. The time dilation is likely used to justify how Thor managed to get back to Asgard in time, without making it look like Hera was incompetent and can't take over the city fast enough.

I doubt it because Ego already took some cues from the Gardener

Why did Odin even die? He just pulled that lame-ass "my time has come" shit and then turned into fairy dust. Why did people like this movie?

>Hera
?

I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with you people.
You're critically analyzing a piece of entertainment aimed at what Hollywood considers stupid goyim.
Either sit back and enjoy the soulless entertainment, or take control over your lives and stop watching this garbage.

They weren't done finishing Hulk's face statue yet. Plus, it's heavily implied that Grandmaster genuinely thought the Hulk was pretty cool.

He was being a childish cunt.

He was ready to gave up the crown ever since Thor 1

>I'm getting tired of every Avenger beating Hulk in these movies.
I must have missed that scene where Hawkeye defeated Hulk.
>It can be argued that Hulk was weakened both times
It's more likely that Thor was more weakened than Hulk, in addition to he was more reluctant to fight Hulk.

The why didn't he die at the end of Thor 1? Or in Thor 2? Why did he just arbitrarily pick this moment to float away like Oogway in Kung Fu Panda? Especially when he knows that his death will unleash Hela who for all intents and purposes is literally unstoppable.

It does annoy me that Hulkbuster armor actually beat Hulk. I love it in the comics where Tony continually builds a bigger and better Hulkbuster only to lose to Hulk every time. They could have just as easily showed Hulk calming down and reverting to Banner once the spell wore off and he saw the damage he had caused.

>The why didn't he die at the end of Thor 1? Or in Thor 2?
They wanted to start Thor 3 whit this? Is not hard to understand.

>Because the writers wanted it this way
Not very convincing.

But it is true AND makes sense in universe.

I like Jeff Goldblum, but he was a terrible Grandmaster. The Elders are supposed to be a big deal and he was a walking joke.

It's the making sense in universe bit that I'm having trouble with. Odin picking this time to dissolve doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's also strange that he let Loki masquerade as him on Asgard while he enjoyed the beautiful Norwegian landscapes.

It was the writing. Not Golblum's fault, he was great. If the movie had been more centered on Sakaar and the Grandmaster he would have been a credible threat. But the plot treats him as just a speedbump on the way to the real villain.

Can't makr profit from a beaten crowd favorite.

He was holding on and doing odin sleep in the first one. Then he had lots of work to do with the bifrost gone. He held on and kept going to ensure peace. Then he got banished to earth and held on till his sons returned to him. It was then he could see they were strong enough without him and he let go.

She was super fucking annoying.

>and he was a walking joke.
Just like almost everyone else in MCU. MCU secondary characters are not actually characters, they're just walking-talking quip machines.