ITT: Mediocre Comics that People Inexplicably Love

I'll start. Superman Rebirth is the most basic comic book you can get that doesn't even aspire to tell an interesting story beyond "muh comfy family"

Most of Rebland, really. Not that Marvel is any better.
Jesus Christ, this year might be the nadir of cape comics, thank god I don't stick to the Big Two.

I fail to understand how "Superman Rebirth" causes anger in so many autists.

Like, they go out of their way to talk shit about it, pollute the storytimes, can't shut up about it and shit.

It's so easy to find worse comics (current Iron Man, Zdarsky Spider-Man, Royals, USAvengers) but Superman is the one that ignites the rage for some reason.

I'm fully willing to accept that it might just be me, but why do people treat Nextwave like the second coming of Jesus?

>the most basic comic book you can get that doesn't even aspire to tell an interesting story beyond "muh comfy family"
Literally every "Fantastic Four" book.

Because people praise it? Seriously, this isn't rocket science. Bendis is a punchline, Zdarsky has somehow managed to outdo Slott in awfulness, and nobody gives two fucks about Ewing.

New 52 Superfags mad that he's gone. Rebirth rebuilt Superman's supporting cast, gave us cool stories like the Dino Island arc, and generally let Superman be Superman. These fags are turbo mad he's not driving a motorcycle and fucking WW anymore.

What do you, family?

Because it's successful. Quality is never the problem. If it's a dud, most people would just forget about it or bring it up once in a while. But it's successful, and if there is one thing all the other threads on this board can show you, it's that people can't stand if something is successful.

Nigga, everything Ewing has ever written is praised by Sup Forums. EVERYTHING.

One would think he is actually writing actual good stories instead of the same "cosmic beings that have no personality doing shit" he always writes.

Get a life.

Anything with DC or Re-abortion in the title. There are probably like 20 DC circlejerkers on Sup Forums and that's it. I mean, we shit on Marvel, but that's only because we love them and are hyper critical and nitpick the smallest, irrelevant details because the storiies are good enough.

Good falseflag.

>because the storiies are good enough.
*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm mad because Superfags with low standards sucking this off means he doesn't get the truly great comics he deserves

>t. DCirclejerker

Both the majority of 90s and the last few years were way worse for the big 2

Ewing has a (small yet loud) following here, but his storytimes rarely get the same traction than your average Rebirth series. His last "popular" series was Ultimates2, which was just Morrison for dummies.

>"D-don't talk bad about my f-favourite comic, this is a safespace"

Define a "great comic".
>Not a single Marvel storytime besides Slott's ASM which is full of people bitching about how awful it is

>I mean, we shit on Marvel, but that's only because we love them
I m a g i n e being this delusional.

Sounds like you're triggered someone isn't circlejerking with you.

>he hasn't read Doom Patrol
>he hasn't read Shade
>he hasn't read Deathstroke
>he hasn't read Black Hammer
>he hasn't read Mister Miracle
>he hasn't read Astro City

It was a fine year for superhero comics

Fuck you are delusional

I'm not, I'm just confused how I need to "get a life" by starting a comics thread on a Comics and Cartoon Board (besides the obvious)

ITT Marvel interns furious Lelgacy was the biggest flop of comic history.

See >but that's ony because we ... are hyper critical and nitpick the smallest, irrelevant details because the stories are good enough.
Whereas DCucks circlejerk and phonepost to make their threads look popular, but it's aways so positive that it's obviously paid shills

>I'm not,
Sure looks like you are. Your post reeks of butthurt.

>Whereas DCucks circlejerk and phonepost to make their threads look popular, but it's aways so positive that it's obviously paid shills
Rebirth is so good that Marvelcucks had to send actual paid shills here to disrupt storytimes out of desperation due to how low their sales were.

Any random year from the 90s in DC outclasses this entire decade tenfold.

>he hasn't read Doom Patrol
>he hasn't read Shade
>he hasn't read Deathstroke
>he hasn't read Black Hammer
>he hasn't read Mister Miracle
>he hasn't read Astro City
One of these things is not like the other

>You're butthurt
>No, I'm not
>Yes you are!!!

OK

Black Hammer because it is published by Dark Horse?

I think Mister Miracle is a good comic, OK?

Fucking autists

>Mediocrea CHARACTERS that people inexplicably love

I feel like everyone who liked this hasn't read Kirby's work.

I said "most" and Big Two. Deathstroke and most of Young Animal's titles are good, but that's still a small minority.
Black Hammer isn't Big Two, and frankly I don't consider Astro City to be DC since it's been passed through so many publishers.
MM is pretty mediocre honestly, babby's first cosmic pesudo-nihilist superhero comic. Even Omega Men had more going for it, and I didn't care much for it either. The fact that it's written by a Starlin fanboy doesn't help matters either.

>that spoiler
We're cool then
Was this thread not shitty enough for your liking Namorfag?

>half of these are wildly overrated, leaving the number of actually good comics to around 2 or 3

Even if they were all good, which they are not, that does not make it a fine year for superhero comics.

Pic not related then? I've never seen anyone claim to be a Namor fan

Didn't say they were my man. Quit trying a pick a fight.

It can always be more shitty.

Does anyone imagine the scenes after these panels? What exactly happens next?

They exist they've just stopped talking about him because Namorfag will throw a tantrum.

Did you get lost amongst the dozen of Justice League bashing threads

You dont have to read an original work in order to enjoy a contemporary work.

Nothing. The story ends there.

People just have to accept that Marvel's best wife is the kind that makes out with an enemy of her husband when the situation arises.

He didn't say you did.

a few good series from Vertigo and a couple decent runs here and there in the mainline don't outweigh the cavalcade of shit that was DC during the 90s

what were they thinking with that ponytail

The implication is there. He's saying anyone who has read Kirby's work would likely not enjoy King's Mister Miracle.

CHRIST, WHAT DID NAMOR DO TO YOU?

NOBODY CARES ABOUT HIM, BUT YOU CONTINUE WITH YOUR AUTISTIC VENDETTA

Which ones are overrated?

Say Astro City and we have a fight on our hands

>He's saying anyone who has read Kirby's work would likely not enjoy King's Mister Miracle.
Which is absolutely not the same as
>You dont have to read an original work in order to enjoy a contemporary work.

If anything user's saying you have to avoid the original to enjoy the contemporary.

This just in, Sup Forums is full of contrarian cunts.

I don't know about Tomasi, but Jurgens AC is just a dreadful read. It's very much akin to Slott's ASM, just with less character assassination.

He's Reed Richards

>Re-abortion
Really? The best you could come up with was "Re-abortion?" Come the fuck on, I thought of "Stillbirth" in 10 seconds. Improve your shitposting quality.

>Stillbirth
That's a good one

I'm still partial to Retread.

I liked Hickman's asshole Namor.

IDK I like USAvengers user. Shame it's getting cancelled and being forced into a shitty crossover / weekly in Waid's and Zub's Avengers run.

It's just people who hate fun. See how bitter OP's post sound like. They deserve their unhappiness

>m-muh fun!!
What a meaningless buzzword.

>fun is just a buzzword
Unironically kill yourself, Sup Forumsirgin.

That's a non-canon story from over a decade ago, you worthless retard.

as an aside, is there anything like a Sup Forums mandatory reading graphic? never really read comics before, and lists online seem to be pandering or inconsistent

Because newfags keep praising this shit like it's the second coming of Watchmen.

>Couple decent runs here and there
Why even shitpost if you've never read any comics from the 90s?
Majority of great DC comics came from 80s and 90s. DC has struggled to put out any evergreens in 2000s and 2010s.

Sometimes I feel like it's Emily herself who's shilling her comic in every horror thread. It's really not that good.

I like it, but it's definitely feels overrated here, the plotlines are basic and predictable, nothing really interesting. It's really the character interactions as its strong point.

Calling Namor mediocre is almost a compliment at this point from namorfag.

Rebirth has brought out autists who describes fun as "weightless"