Season 2 when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lMPNsFShRuo
youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3PeDzY40g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pupTowgpVVo
youtube.com/watch?v=nPeMysy9fmI
youtu.be/ElpYScRKREM?t=1m35s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thing was all over the place with its message....and plot.....and demon hunting.

Not really, the message was just making fun of things

Animation takes a while but hopefully in a year to 18 months.

Neo Yokio tier animation?

Well if they improve on it I wouldn't mind

Nah, the message was that Capitalism is bad and Communism was good....or was it that Communism is bad and Capitalism was good?

Nah, the message was this Yaranaika reference

youtube.com/watch?v=lMPNsFShRuo

anyone mind tell me wtf this even is?

It's a funny show

is coming soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3PeDzY40g

>that like ratio

this isn't my Neo Yokio

A candy advertisement

We gotta get the skull, 50!

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

It’s a light drama about Italian food starring Jaden Smith. Nothing more, nothing less.

am I the only one who finds anime to be really cringey? it seems like the only thing everyone acts like it's super good even though its not. like, nobody in this thread knows exactly what the message is but you're washing its balls anyways just because its not a Western show. weebs seem almost cultist in that regard honestly.

Bitch took my skull!

Do you deserve it?

looks like the same shit to me

No, cartoons take 8 to 12 months.

Neo Yokio will never get a 2nd season.

Don't say that user

Let's be hopeful

The show was bad, very bad, it also bombed.

Nah, it was great

You fucking son of a bitch that was about the best thing you could’ve posted.

A terrible show that some people will insist is good because their sense of humor is equally terrible.

You're delusional, the show is down there with The Nut Shack.

Communism isn't fun, it sucks. But surrounding yourself with the shallowness of wealth and high-living prevent you from seeing the world outside of your bubble. Helena wanted Kaz to see the truth of Neo Yokio. (Though she did a shit job and was second-worst girl, but whatever.)

It's because it's an anomaly. It's either so-bad-it's-good, just plain bad, or genuinely hilarious, or a mix of both. It's a huge enigma, and it's very fun letting yourself get sucked up inside.

It's really good user, you're the one with the bad sense of humor.

It didn't bomb. It's probably one of the most popular anime this year.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pupTowgpVVo
I heard you guys like terrible anime parodies.

Are you ready~?

>It's because it's an anomaly. It's either so-bad-it's-good, just plain bad, or genuinely hilarious, or a mix of both. It's a huge enigma, and it's very fun letting yourself get sucked up inside.

see, you're kinda proving my point here. I've noticed on Sup Forums, whenever people express their dislike for a cartoon, they just label it as shit. whenever people critique anime or even Kamen Rider, pretty much anything non-Western, they label it as 'so bad its good'. why can't Western stuff be so bad its good? just seems like a double standard to me.

It is a Western show though

yeah but its still heavily inspired by anime. would you guys still watch it if it had the art style of say, Big Mouth?

I suddenly remembered this old video:

youtube.com/watch?v=nPeMysy9fmI

That has nothing to do with it.

Most weebs hated it though, there was a thread on the anime leddit and it was mostly people shitting on it because it wasn't anime enough.

And it doesn't make sense to ask that, if it had the style of big mouth it wouldn't really be a parody of anime... if you're asking if I would watch a parody of western cartoons, yes I would.

>nobody in this thread knows exactly what the message is

There was a message to get? I was just enjoying the ride.

youtu.be/ElpYScRKREM?t=1m35s
Best scene

It kinda reminds me of that "hey andie sweetie" animation

Helena is also a parody of "woke" persons

She became a shut in, blew up a section of a building and tricked Kaz, who went through so much trouble to help out

>nobody in this thread knows exactly what the message
It's a pretty clear message about the artificial life style of the bourgeois that's so out landish that it parodies itself while the poor/unlucky people who aren't rich enough to live such a lifestyle have to resort to magic either to get revenge (the ghosts and other shit) or to keep other poor people down (the way Kaz's family got rich in the first place).
And it is a western show. If you're finding it cringey it's probably cause you're taking it too seriously instead of as the comedy that it is.

a satire of anime, the make references to shitty anime dubs for example the jelly donut thing from pokemon

I feel like Western stuff CAN be so-bad-it's-good, it's just that most kid shows don't reach that level of quality. Whereas many anime are desperate to make a showing, incorporate more plot and fanservice, and have a cultural barrier working for/against them, a lot of Western shows tend to just be the same-old stuff we're used to and often aren't as ambitious.

But if you want to see so-bad-it's-good Western stuff, there's a fucking ton. If you want a list, I have several: live-action kids movies, cartoon movies, B-movies, Z-movies. You just gotta dig a little deep, and you'll find an assload of brown treasure.

As for your first question: yeah, people find Neo Yokio cringey. But a lot of people also see it as genuinely good. And part of the show's appeal is the wildly different reactions it garners for people.

I thought that at first. But then she was never really treated as such, and was completely right about everything in the end. She bombed a building, but was still firmly treated as a hero or never shown to have been wrong; if anything, it ended up helping Kaz in the end.

Now that you mention shitty dub, they went as far as making the animation sync with the japanese voice acting (it has one), so the voice acting is only bad and doesn't sync up in english, it has professional voice acting in japanese.

5.9 is not a good thing.

Glitter Force did better then this.

Is there such a thing as bad japanese voice acting? I wouldn't know because it all sounds like moonspeak to me. As far as i know, whenever they voice a character that's intended to be "that" character, they use some different dialect which I would never catch on to.

>Is there such a thing as bad japanese voice acting
From what I've heard from people, the voice acting for the MC in Black Clover is terrible and annoying, but he's also a new actor, so IDFK.

>giving a shit about imdb or wherever you pulled that from

why don't you think for yourself for a change.

Yeah, there's bad voice acting in any language, it's just that voice acting in Japan is way more competitive, as it's not that uncommon for voice actors to get other jobs, such as singers and end up becoming big celebrities, so most of the really bad stuff we see in stuff like localized games gets weeded out and still sounds a bit professional, but there's plenty of bad, uninspired stuff in low budget shows.

This is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums

Why does anyone think this was supposed to be serious? It's clearly a parody of 90s anime and 90s anime culture.

Kisama Kiss had pretty bad to where I couldn't watch the show and I loved the manga.

Clannad IS FUCKING HORRIBLE. Husband's room mates were watching it while I made em dinner one night and it was 5 minutes of bitch baby "onee-chan!!!!!" being screamed over and over.

brilliant if true

Yes, it's Sup Forums, not Sup Forums

because nobody is 100% sure what it's supposed to be, a joke or something serious and it certainly doesn't present itself as being one or the other. People that see it as a joke seem to enjoy it, those that don't are quick to disregard it.

I like the thought that it started out as a joke but eventually they started liking the character and wanted to try writing a plot that takes itself a little more seriously.

You can watch it in japanese with subtitles on Netflix if you want to, just set your account to japanese in the settings and it's the fifth option in the language menu, and turn on closed captions which is the last one in the subtitles, and see it for yourself.

It's better in English anyway, the japanese voices don't fit the characters too well and there's no meme factor, but it's pretty well done

Did anyone else find Sadie to be incredibly hot?

Netflix likely paid more money on this shitshow than is defensible

nah she's kinda cute.
If she asked for the dick, she could get it.

I watched this in one sitting and was highly entertained, however i can't figure out why.

It's an abriged series for an anime that only exists in the mind of Jaden Smiths twitter persona, starring Jaden Smith, Jude Law, the black gut from IT Crowd and some other people.

It's intentionally trashy, which doesn't make it really good, but the characters come off as genuine so it's entertaining

This is not IMDB we are talking about, we are talking about Jerry Beck.

>the same-old stuff we're used to and often aren't as ambitious.
Anime is no different here. It's recycled shit over and over again.

It constantly reminded me of people i know, who act exactly like this (short of calling store clerks store clerk to their face) and see nothing wrong with their behaviour or the world in general. I really could not decipher if it was supposed to be satire or wether those guys thought they'll just make a slice of life anime with some demon hunting sprinkled on top.

It was supposed to be satire.

Did Jaden know?

Pretty sure he did, I've read somewhere that he was supposed even more melodramatic and to act way more seriously kinda like when anime characters get surprised and yell "NANI?", but he couldn't come across so they just made him as he is, it ended up being better I guess.