Cry upon first viewing

>cry upon first viewing
>realize the ending was pretty shit and underwhelming nearly a year later
Could the finale have been better?

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdist.com/nerdist-writers-panel-97-j-g-quintel-and-alex-hirsch/
youtube.com/watch?v=RkSaPs4FXY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm still pretty pleased with it. The last few minutes are kind of an emotional cheap shot, but whatever.

I still liked it

race mixing was a mistake

You people are never fucking satisfied.

It's probably a good thing SpongeBob, Simpsons, and Family Guy go on forever because they could never make you faggots happy with any ending they could come up with.

This! Furries and Humans shouldn't fuck each other.

The spongebob movie was a perfect ending

The only problem I had with the ending was how Mordecai hooked up with the nameless bat girl.

I guess the creators was trying to show he could move onto someone else to find happiness but that bitch is repugnant looking.

How the fuck does a ghost have a kid?

by fucking a human

Ectoplasm

Yes.

Mordo looks so dead on the inside. It's like he never truly let go of his youth romantic fancies.

The overall reasoning behind it isn't bad - after all, in most cases first love isn't a good foothold for a lasting relationship and going full wizard about holding out for that first girl in your past is a recipe for disaster.

Still, Mordecai's spouse and his spawn are poorly designed, so it isn't that hard to imagine that he regrets it.

Spongebob movie sucked, it was just like season 4 and above
I have no idea why people say its good

It sucked. Randomly killing a character isnt inherently deep or meaningful, it's just a cheap way to create the impression of emotion. Pops didnt deserve to die, he didnt learn anything, no one did. It was just random tragedy and a catchy music cue to trick idiots into thinking something important happened. It didnt.

anyone mad mordecai didn't get together with bird or cloud girl? and just some rando in the end montage

Mordecai fucked up.

Pops was a retarded character from a stupid short the creator made. I didn't give a shit when he died. Still liked the ending.

Yeah, that was fucking bullshit. MargaretxRigby was my favorite ship tho

How does that ship even work?

>thinking user was talking about Sponge Out of Water (2015) when they were clearly referring to The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004)

Ow, the edge.

(You)

The reasoning is bad because it was only applied to Mordecai and no one else. That's one of the big telltale signs that it is a lazy copout.

The finale was good. I don't get what you need in an ending for it to be good. It gave closure, and everyone moved on and it was a satisfying ending. It would have sucked if everyone stayed at the park working a dead end job for the sake of maintaining a close friendship. Actually to me the best part was watching rigby grow the fuck up from a sperg to an actual adult.

But none of these pairings are furries and humans.
>Blue jay/bat
>Raccoon/beaver
>Gumball machine/human
>Ghost/human
>Weird green human/weird green human

Regular Show as a whole was quite mediocre, let's be honest.

>from a sperg to an actual adult.

That's assumption on your part. For all you know he is still a sperg, and an unemployed one at that.

>he finale was good. I don't get what you need in an ending for it to be good

Something that doesn't feel like a rushed, lazy copout for starters. Not everyone has standards as low and superficial as yours.

How the fuck is that an assumption? Did you literally not watch the series and watch him grow from a screeching retard who was petty about the dumbest shit, into someone who wanted to better himself, take projects into his own hands, and actually do work. He grew as a person temendously and if you call that an "assumption" you either didn't watch the show or you are blind as fuck to character developments which calls into your question to even understanding the ending at all or even your judgement ability if you can't see a simple character growth.

I think the first two seasons of RS were a genuine breath of fresh air for the network. The dialogue sparkled between Mordecai and Rigby and the creators had a stock of good ideas to go through. It seems tame but even Mordecai saying "pissed" kind of exemplified the feeling that RS was a break from the past and unafraid to do its own thing. The 6 consecutive seasons would quickly wear down in quality as the formula got increasingly stale.

Rigby's only ambition was to gain a piss easy diploma for which he partly cheated and was waved through. He only started that because the one girl he knew would not reject him had a silly life plan. He had no other ambition to continue working at the park, weird how you forgot that, isn't it?

That he sometimes wants to work is a writer technique for contrast when the more responsible and irresponsible character briefly switch some traits that do not carry beyond one episode or not consistently.

He still sperged out on the space station when getting big, a point you conveniently overlook. You saw nothing of his adult life bar that he has a family and house, everything which could be provided by Eileen's incoming.

In an interview they outright stated that they toned down Rigby because they got some calls. He never developed from his crass personality naturally or with catalysts. What they attempted later on from this mellowed out form was lackluster, felt off and never as it would stick or truly change anything.

nerdist.com/nerdist-writers-panel-97-j-g-quintel-and-alex-hirsch/

Rigby never grew as an adult. It is more likely that he is a stay at home, and occasionally deadbeat dad.

Nice assumptions there. But hey, whatever. Clearly you are unable to see simple character growth and instead excuse it as "W-Well it wasn't that big of an achievement and it's because of phone calls that he wasn't a screeching sperg anymore! B-But he still did it like once or twice in the last season so clearly he didn't change."

If you can't see how he changed from being a person who would damn him and his best friend to death just so he could be better at him in one fucking thing and be player 1, then mate you just got a hate boner for the dude and refuse to see him in any positive light because christ, you say I'm assuming? Yeah, nothing will please you. You can just fuck off, the ending was fine you are just an angry little fuck who will just make up head canon anyways to fit what they want of the characters when there was obvious character progression.

Yeah I agree. First two seasons were great but after that it got pretty "okay" tier with a few good episodes here and there. All of the relationship drama was the worst part of the show but after that it got pretty okay again.

The ending was funny and the guy with the head ball dying literally made the ending for me. Also, Rigby was my favorite character and he by far got the best kids and ending i like it

You just said he grew, when in the last season he wasn't any different from before he started to go to school again. And that he initially mellowed out due to phone calls is a pretty big hit for a series long development. Because it means it's artificial and not a natural one.

That's pretty bad as far as character development goes. I can appreciate him trying to do something in his life, but do not act as if that had any meaning in the big picture. You ignore everything inconvenient to your point. And judging from your insults, I seem to have hit a nerve. If I'm the one biased against him, you are the one towards him, and just as incapable with a big scoop "denial" on top.

It felt like RS fairly early on moved from Rigby & Mordecai being co-protagonists and the episodes revolved around them and their interactions to Mordecai becoming essentially the sole protagonist and Rigby being relegated to a sidekick.

N-no. Season 5, 6, and 8 were progressively getting weaker but it never degraded that bad. It was pretty fine throughout outside of that

If the show didn't get cancelled midway into Season 8, what kind of finale do you think they would've done? They didn't want to end it in the space season.

I don't think the staff ever planned far ahead.They could have still gone with the Evil Twin plot.

Abortion.

You can thank high ratings for every episode focusing on Mordecai and girls for that.

The sad part is that neither Mordecai or Rigby received the development they could have through the show. The girls deserved better as well.

>I don't think the staff ever planned far ahead.
Season 8 was supposed to have them terraforming planets for a space park mission.

And yea maybe they would have, JG said that for awhile he had a meta ending in mind, but it being in space wasn't planned. Never said if Anti Pops was part of the plan or if they had to make a new vessel for the meta stuff because they had 15 episodes to do it.

>The girls deserved better as well.
Not really, this was a guy show from guy characters' perspectives. We saw what they saw.

What? There were episodes that focused on the girls as their own characters. There were plenty of female storyboard artists. Regular Show is definitely not just a guys show.

Mordecai didn't fucking Margaret's pussy.

I'm referring to the cast, what the show revolved around, like it focusing on the guys antics and the girls just being supporting characters. Margaret and CJ weren't main characters of the series. For the earlier part they were just there for Mordecai to obtain, it was only much later that they became their own characters, and that was rare

>didn't fucking

That is just not how the English language works.

Keep telling yourself that.

This

Shadman Margaret?

Different user, it does suck how Rigby seems to do all this because some Mole girl is basically on top of his submissive body with a whip, Minty Lewis ruined my favorite spaz from s1

>Rigbys kids
Eileen fucked Don didn't she

Or maybe Rigby has tall genes in him

It's already been a year?

Ridgy proved to be able to talk to most women and smooth them over. He could've cucked Mordecai if he wanted to but chose not to.

It feels weird that muscle man and Starla are grandparents

They aren't tho. Thats just another baby they had

Today is the 10 month anniversary, this fucking year man, it passed by.

>Using cuck without any irony

Rigby knew Margaret was just a backstreet whore.

rigby's stupid ass fucking face at the end sells it

Eileen ruined everything.

Why are her tits so big?

Reminder she was originally to be nude and still have a bust, but CN gave her clothes.

Apparently they found out it was going to be the finale very late into doing the final season. That's my guess for a lot of that stuff.

Are you sure user his oldest daughter would be 25 years old

>That's my guess
reddit AMA says it's true

RS ending was God tier
youtube.com/watch?v=RkSaPs4FXY0

You wish.

Wish they explained what happened to the other side characters like Sensei or Apple

How will adventure time end, i hope it does not feel as rushed as rs.

>Raccoon/Beaver

Eileen is a Mole

A mole with that tail? She is a platypus.

No Thomas or CJ appearing wasn't a clear sign? What about using a Bowie song for an ending after he died?

It was a decent sendoff after the embarrassments that were Korra and Gravity Falls finale. Mordecai ending with some rando uggo while everyone else with a series established relationship started a family seemed like they were just copping out of the love triangle they had built by having everyone involved in it lose. Really by then the show was unbelievably stale and neigh unwatchable so I applaud the showrunners for doing something completely off the wall for the last season.

that's the only negative thing of the ending,it's like he lost his soul or he is just stuck in the past,everything was rushed.