/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Shriv and Lando's Excellent Adventure Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out Next Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E9: "Rebel Assault" (Mon 13)
Doctor Aphra #14 (Wed 15)
Darth Vader #8 (Wed 15)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Fri 17)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assualt
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 All Cutscenes
youtube.com/watch?v=WodLtEuxVSE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=__gLIyeQYDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

master race

That Lando looks younger than he does in the films. This is disgusting and ageist

It's also entirely possible she has near-human ancestry from some bara race. It's a big galaxy after all.

Why do so many people think Iden and Del are Rey's parents?

What kind of sense would that make?

because everyone wants to race mix with Janina

I like the way they look

Why is 'Dume' written back to front?

nobody actually thinks that user

Drawfags when?

I would, but all you guys ask for is dickgirls or cowboy hats.

I was confused about the hero battle point costs in BF2 until I realized era-appropriate heroes are cheaper (Vader and Luke are cheaper on Hoth, Rey is cheaper on Starkiller Base, etc). I kinda like this approach.

I'm playing on doing that it's that I'm not good with stormtrooper helmets

She's clearly wearing a smurf hat

What is this wacky bullshit
Why did this game have to have the single worst loot box and progression system
I just want to play as droids

On the comments for MatPat's newest stupid Star Wars theory about Rey's parents, people keep saying "no, you're wrong, Rey's parents are revealed in Battlefront 2".

>What is this wacky bullshit
Oh great now we've moved onto the stage of 'because part of Battlefront 2 is bad literally everything in the entire game is bad too'.

>talking shit about Shriv

>Oh great now we've moved onto the stage of 'because part of Battlefront 2 is bad literally everything in the entire game is bad too'.
The story was just another imperial defection.
The marketing was so misleading.

Is this Snoke

>The marketing was so misleading.
Is this your first time ever experiencing a twist in media?

that left helmet should have been the FO's helmet

I mean the droid fucking around with him. It just seems distracting.

The last time a marketing campaign mislead people on a story this fucking badly was Halo 5.

>that middle one

>we will never have a CIS hero story told from a droids perspective, because everyone only cares about clones and their we was INDividuals look at my decals and tattoos. Let's talk about each other's feelings and how great the Republic is that defends freedom and justice

>It's a twist so it's good

first order stuff

>muh triumvirate

So he's a grower then?

No, you're allowed to think it's shitty writing. But don't act like you were cheated and lied to by trailers in some malicious attempt to scam you when that's just how literally every twist that's ever existed works.

is that a tool pouch you're concealing, or are you just happy to see me?

twists can be bad, you know

people hated mgs2, the difference there being part of the point of the game was a critique of people who wanted literally the same thing iirc

I am convinced that everyone who hates Operation Cinder are Sup Forums fags who just found this thread this week. I have never seen people get butthurt over it before BF2.

>The marketing was so misleading.
You do know how to tell the Marketing Dept. is lying, right?
Their lips are moving.

I don't know what that is, I just thought the helmet looked similar to the Sith trooper helmets in KOTOR

He looks depressed

I know twists can be bad but what I'm saying is that you shouldn't get mad at the marketing as if there was some malicious intent in not revealing the twist in trailers when that's just the nature of twists in general.

Out of our way, citizen. We're on official Sith business. Just stand aside if you know what's good for you!

Its a pity, I was looking forward to seeing how delusional loyalist imperials can be.

Eh. I think it's valid to think you're lead on. There's a difference between halfway through a twist happens and being told the campaign is one way only to find it's basically the opposite.

Like, people who think it's false advertising are silly but i think it's fine to go "why the fuck would you do this" after all the marketing was "play with the dark side!" and "long may the empire live!"

That's what i meant. Sith triumvirate armor.

No one else complains about the tool pouches being too large.

Man, now you're making me wish EAfront II's campaign was just Spec Ops: The Line
Fuck, now I want to play some Spec Ops

Tam Posla is a total badass and full of storytelling potential and I'm literally only now learning about him today.

It would be a more plausible theory if Kylo Ren and Rey had a wider difference in age. If it weren't for the fact that Kylo would only be around 15/16 at the time that Rey was left on Jakku, I could see Iden leaving her there to go pursue Del's killer after the events of the Battlefront epilogue. But Kylo was still Ben Solo up until his twenties, so the time doesn't add up.

buy the ROVG fool

Wasn't it the same writer for both games, too? I could have sworn I heard Walt Williams was signed on to write BFII.

Sith triumvirate armour.

I thought Spec Ops was interesting but honestly in retrospect as an examination of videogames undertale did it better

spec ops doesn't offer ANY alternative options even as easter eggs, and even once artificially makes a doable segment impossible so you have to pick the bad guy option

the 'good guy option' according to the writer is to stop playing and that's silly for a 60 dolla product

walt co-wrote with the other guy, mitch dyer

so Hask and Iden's dad?
>dad you don't have to die with the Empire
>yeah I do lol

*corrupts thread*

Too late, EAfront already did that

>MatPat's theory that Rey is Han and Leia's daughter
>he is, of course, so confident in this asinine theory that he smugly put a "spoiler warning for The Last Jedi" because he knows he's right
>says Leia and Han hid Rey on Jakku to protect her from Kylo Ren
>apparently was completely unaware that Ben didn't become Kylo Ren until he was well in his 20s and Rey had already been living on Jakku by herself for several years

Why doesn't he even bother thinking things through and researching before making videos?

This is Imperial propaganda. TIE Fighters a shit. Shit!

I didn't know best Overwaifu Sombra was in Star Wars

Because the new EU doesn't exist to Mat, because extra reading and research is soooo hard.

I stopped watching his first TFA theory when he started citing an old EU story as evidence for his claim.

The guy has no idea what he's talking about.

TIEs are basically just Japanese zeros

2fast4u with no armor

>man who makes his living blowing up ridiculous theories lies to make them seem more impressive
woa

>spec ops doesn't offer ANY alternative options even as easter eggs, and even once artificially makes a doable segment impossible so you have to pick the bad guy option
They were actually planning on having the story branch out sometime around the White Phosphorus scene, but they either didn't have enough time or resources to do so.
>the 'good guy option' according to the writer is to stop playing and that's silly for a 60 dolla product
I always found this interpretation silly. Walker is damned the very minute you put the disk in. At no point can you 'stop' and given Walker an out.

I doubt he even read from the old EU, he seems like the type of guy to learn about it from the Wook

I wonder where TIE Defenders and U-wings would fit

>propaganda

>A-Wing speed
H-he's fast!

What was his theory for TFA again? The few recent videos of his I recall are his Rogue One Knights of Ren theory and where he compares Star Wars to that other franchise (can't remember the name)

>Walker is damned from the moment you put the disk in
The thing I heard was that in lieu of completing the recon mission you just stop playing the game then and the bad things don't happen, which is silly

one section which i think was pulled off super super well was the part where you're getting stoned

it didn't even occur to me that shooting the ground was an option so i killed a whole bunch of people thinking i was actually going to fucking die

So any of the "Journey to the Last Jedi" books worth reading? I read all the stuff they put out before TFA and it was mostly underwhelming. Haven't really read anything Star Wars since, other than Bloodline and Lost Stars which were both pretty good.

I know they're really pushing the Phasma stuff, though I don't know why. She was laughably incompetent in TFA which makes it hard to take her seriously as a relevant character.

>Shriv and Lando's Excellent Adventure Edition

That mission was the best part of the campaign. The rest was pretty meh.

I bet he doesn't even know where to find the cited work.

That Luke would have turned to the dark side by TFA and that's the reason he was not shown in any of the marketing (and not the fact that he was in the movie for like ten seconds).

Because people actually liked her and the reaction to her being basically useless was a resounding "fucking seriously?"

So now after it's basically too late they're trying to make her cool. She's Boba Fett part 2.

That's a bald faced lie Disney Shill

I like how Billy Dee Williams insists on being Lando for voice roles even though he's so old now that his Lando just sounds hammered

>He was in the movie for like 10 seconds
Why must you remind me of this

>people actually liked her

Maybe they shouldn't have spent a year pushing her as being some sort of badass female warrior every chance they got it. The way they promoted her constantly made it seem like she'd be the primary villain. Then she was just Boba-tier comic relief.

I just like to think Lando is always drunk anyway.

so should i just finally get around to playing tie fighter and cry myself into a coma

battle field 2 had a stupid shitty ending
>oh hey look some more imperial defectors! because bad guys are bad
stupid fucking shit

battlefield 2 had a campaign?!?!

>The thing I heard was that in lieu of completing the recon mission you just stop playing the game then and the bad things don't happen, which is silly
To elaborate a bit more, Spec Ops opens In Medias Res with the helicopter scene.
All of those actions Walker did? The White Phosphorus? Sabotaging Dubai's water? It already happened.
Heck, the writer himself said that Walker is actually in Hell, and imo, when you find yourself going through Hell, you keep walking.

i forgot about that

U-wing would be equal with the B-Wing. Tie Defender would most likely be around regular Tie speed, with the Elite version matching the A-Wing.

I dont remember no got damb imperials in no battlefield 2

Will there ever be a GOAT Star Wars game ever again?

do it

Do you remember all the Phasma merch and imagery before TFA came out? They were marketing the shit out of her. They clearly wanted us to think she'd be a total badass, and then she became a completely disgusting joke in the movie itself.

an imperial focused game that turns into another fucking star wars rebels show.

Can anyone give me a brief summary of Post-Endor canon?

Was there ever?

As a quick aside, we're in agreement that BF2 is a lost cause, right?

I kept up with the AMA this afternoon, and when they weren't answering in canned corporate talking points, they were being as vague and non-committal as they possibly could.

>oh hey guys you get to play as imperials!
>just kidding your rebels the whole time really

Sheev tries to kill the Empire and Rebels but fails
But that's okay because the notEmpire is waiting in the corner of shame to kill the New Republic

youtube.com/watch?v=__gLIyeQYDU
Now I know how Kreia felt....

the worst part is this thread said this was going to happen for battle front 2

>But that's okay because the notEmpire is waiting in the corner of shame to kill the New Republic
Why the New Republic doesn't just wipe the floor with the First Order is beyond me.