Close Enough - TBS

You guys, when will The Second Coming of JG Quintel come out (e.g. Close Enough on TBS?) Anyone heard anything new or know anything more about it? Looks pretty much like Regular Show 2.0 with bad words, nudity, and vulgarity.

Staff members back from Regular Show on Close Enough
Calvin Wong (storyboarder)
Mark Mothersbaugh (music composer)
Jason Mantzoukas (voice actor)
Bob Cavin (props and background artist)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S33uf3E4UT4
youtube.com/watch?v=UhgbcZAnrpM
oweeeeendennis.tumblr.com/post/160989939727/is-jgs-new-show-close-enough-the-project-you-said
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Enough
calwong.tumblr.com/post/163503029843/hey-calvin-how-is-the-animation-process-for-close
twitter.com/miggsboson
twitter.com/miggsboson/status/868862463877365760
twitter.com/kris_dubbayoo
thelowtideslide.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/Harpeaux
youtube.com/watch?t=5s&v=Ozt9wr8hLc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>jason mantzoukas

I only know this guy from How Did This Get Made but everyone's saying he's amazing on The League

He's the voice of the black guy (professor) on Close Enough but he was also that evil villain dodgeball coach on Regular Show and did more voices in the later seasons of RS. Thanks for the info, will be sure to check him out in his other work!

youtube.com/watch?v=S33uf3E4UT4

The 'Death Kwan Do' guy looks like the alcoholic dude on Close Enough and the house looks like a scene straight out of Regular Show at the beginning of the cut above.

Cool that Mothersbaugh is coming back. His music gave the show a lot of life.

He went on Harmon quest and everyone else got btfo. He was so good and so effortlessly exposed the inadequacies of everyone else on the show that they haven't recovered from it two episodes later. That whole show is shook

Several storyboard artists have recently announced that they finished work on the show['s first season], so I kind of expect it to premiere sometime in the summer, after Final Space in most likely spring.

For the returning RS crew members, you left out Sean Szeles (co-executive producer), Owen Dennis (storyboard artist?), and probably a couple others.

I'm never gonna get used to the fact that it looks exactly like Regular show. Do you think thats gonna affect it in anyway? A casual viewer scrolling through channels and auto think RS when they come across this?

what's final space? owen is working on something different i think he declined the position

PLEASE don't tell me that's just an early version and not the show's official logo! If so, then JG Quintel somehow managed to half ass an even lazier logo than the one for Regular Show!

>Close Enough
Wheres the R34?

Nobody really knows.

Everything seems hush hush so far.

>what's final space?
A really cool looking sci fi cartoon that Olan Rogers has been developing and pitching for years: youtube.com/watch?v=UhgbcZAnrpM

>owen is working on something different
oweeeeendennis.tumblr.com/post/160989939727/is-jgs-new-show-close-enough-the-project-you-said

same universe, broh!!
ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

>the human women were always the hottest RS characters
>JG makes a cartoon with human protagonists
>instead of making the wife at least somewhat of a MILF, he just designs a humanized Eileen
WHY LIVE?!

what happened to eib and why did he disappear? he was like the voice of regular show

Is that Adventure Time film coming out? I always wondered why Regular Show got one and Adventure Time didn't.

I hope the dude weed lmao is kept to a minimum.
Best case scenario is a single episode.

did mordecai and rigby smoke fucking dope or eat edibles?

The short that Regular Show is based on is about taking PCP or LSD or some shit, but they never directly take drugs in the actual show.

why would you throw your life away by doing fucking drugs?

This Nyggah forgot about Skips' Magical Moon Leaves!

>Mark Mothersbaugh
seriously? fuck yes

c-can i get a source?

I'm also curious where the black guy's profession was announced

I don't like it either, I'm hoping it's a promo card screen.

The logo itself might be better in the theme song, maybe it's paper cut out letters or something they put on a banner for a party, that kind of in-context, rather than just being a shitty logo.

I liked the RS logo..

He better do SOME /ss/ thing with her, make her a babysitter maybe. I'm pretty sure that's his wife irl so he might stay away from lewd/bad things happening to her, akin to how Alex Hirsch treated his sister's stand-in character.

>Mark Mothersbaugh
Wiki, Nyggah! en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Enough

He has to be a professor based on his outfit! Looks like typicaly prof dude

It slid in at the last second of the promo (last screen). Who is the Asian girl? My guess an adopted chick of JG Quintel's character?

AT was getting a theatrical movie, it seems like they were given the go ahead but decided to wait until the series production finished to start up on it. Regular Show's half-hour special turned 60 minute TV movie was produced along side the current season's episodes, which made production of the movie longer and work more tedious, so I'm sure Pen wanted to make separate work for their theatrical release. Still wish JG got offered more than a half hour special, the original ideas for the movie were amazing, and then watered down badly by the time it finished. CN didn't even give them one "Hell" they wanted, which PG movies can get (think Cars), but since it was made for TV it lost its movie leniency and was given episode censor treatment.

>Best case scenario is a single episode.
I'm positive that based on the previews there's a dedicated "trying weed with the bros" episode. His wife gets it first and JG gets mad that he can't, and keeps trying. He gets it at some point.

based reference, i had the picture somewhere

is he doing acida220 at that last sequence? "ITS KICKING INNN ITS KICKING INNNN" and his skin flies off then his bones... thats my guess!

>Wiki, Nyggah!
Without a source I just wonder if RS fans assumed it and put it there since basically everything else is the same, right down to BG painters. I'm optimistic and in a good mood so I'll just assume a random crew member post said it somewhere. Here's hoping.

>He has to be a professor based on his outfit! Looks like typicaly prof dude
I'll accept that as reasoning.

>Who is the Asian girl? My guess an adopted chick of JG Quintel's character?
The character is going to be his wife's best friend in the series, I'd assume.

Background art dump.

Looks like the handiwork of Bob Cavin as he loves cars.

Eileen's house?

Found on Craig Simmons' blogspot, where you can find some pretty great RS backgrounds too. In the tags section he says ALL LINE ART BY ALEX DILTS for this.

Kinda looks like it. I think it's JG's apartment's living room.

>for this.
and by for this I mean all of these that I'm posting.

Final.

Jason Mantazoukas is great. He brings an energy to every role that I just love.

>he might stay away from lewd/bad things happening to her
aside from the car sex scene, which I forgot

What are their professions? Is clown guy one of their bosses?

Actually, he might be a person for the daycare they find.

Who is he? Thanks for the name(s).

Have you been to JG Quintel's hourse or can show us info on what it's like inside?

The Death Kwan Do/orange hair dude is obvi an alcoholic. In RS he sells sandwiches so if that's any indication, he works for Subway Sandwichs and is a terroristic.

Are you underaged or do you think that everyone who smoked weed has ruined their life? Hell, coffee is technically a drug.

calwong.tumblr.com/post/163503029843/hey-calvin-how-is-the-animation-process-for-close

>We’re going from 11 minutes to 22 minutes so naturally it takes longer.

>The biggest and most different challenge has been writing stories that can hold an adult audience’s attention. There’s a lot more story juggling now because we have A and B and C…. and sometimes even D plots! We can’t really get away with stories as simple as “Rigby wants a burrito” anymore!

>We can now reference real life things and people, which is pretty crazy. That was a definite no no before. We’d always have to come up with a “our universe” version of stuff.

>also we’re allowed to say “shit” and “asshole” now

The takeaway of this is:
>22 minutes
>more plots per episode
>cussing
>real life references

We might actually be getting David fucking Hasselhoff as himself. I'd be more stoked if he hadn't thrown away his life recently. I've always wanted to see how JG'd write a celebrity as himself outside of Neil deGrasse Tyson's cameo in RS, would it be a celebrity dick rub like The Simpsons or would they let their character have fun with the shows' cast as an average guy?

sexy

is it wrong I want a drawfag to replace JG's wife in the sex in the car scene with her?

What happened to Mrs. C.J. from Regular Show? Her fate was never revealede?

This might be CE related.

Not in the series, but a writer said she went on to play volleyball professionally and that she doesn't speak to the cast anymore.

Well that's fucking ballshit. I broke up with my love interests, particularly strong ones but still catch up with them.

Mrs. C.J. and Mordecai were in love at one point.

Mordecai fucked up with her on a supernatural scale

How? She was so much better for him!

>fucking beautiful backgrounds
This would never happen on most adult animated series, so I'm glad we can get at least a few of those types of cartoons created by an actual artist instead of a comedian.

>mark mothersbaugh

WHAT!! No wonder Regular Show had such good music

Another CE crew member. Storyboarder.
twitter.com/miggsboson

They had chemistry, but Mordecai kept fucking up and CJ kept being a cunt.

It'd be great if JG went full-on, 100% self-insert and gave the MC some kind of art-related career (obviously not anything as high-paying like a hit show creator since the family's probably gonna need to face money issues).

twitter.com/miggsboson/status/868862463877365760
Don't tell me this means what I think it means.

Why am I so attracted to thots?

Because you're a dumbass that uses that term

>still believing the AT movie is happening
Get with the program, guys; IT AIN'T HAPPENIN'!

Everybody's already moved on to other projects (most on Summer Camp Island, some on Craig of the Creek, and I believe Adam Muto's working on Steven Universe now).

That's fair.

how about wonder showzen?

Her art is pretty good, it makes me wish I could draw.

>twitter.com/miggsboson/status/868862463877365760
If I had to guess, she's sneaking in her tranny webcomic characters into the series.

About that..

who is this again?

>Another CE crew member. Storyboarder.

When the hell is CN gonna upload Calvin Wong's CN pilot? I don't think anyone is even aware it exists!

If/whenever they do release it, it's be cool to also share the Summer Camp Island and Craig of the Creek pilots

It looks like shit.

Apparently she did the thumbnail on a post it note but the storyboards are now digital, not on old fashioned paper like with Regular Show.

MY LYFE IS SHIIIITTTT

Admit it, JG would be a cool friend.

is he a drug addict?

Do you see the giant peanut too?

i just smoke dope

Found more crew members.

twitter.com/kris_dubbayoo
thelowtideslide.blogspot.com/ (Ben Adams from Regular Show, his other social media pages aren't working, he might've either changed the names, deleted them, something like that)
twitter.com/Harpeaux (pretty sure)

i sure hope he manages to find some way to go in a different direction from regular show with this and by different direction i don't mean DUDE
If he doesnt i dont see this lasting more than one season

Right? I'm so fucking sick of solid color backgrounds in adult shows.

>>the human women were always the hottest RS characters
They're pretty attractive.

Mark Maxey (Rick and Morty storyboard artist) and Chris Allison (one of the better Uncle Grandpa board artists as well as having boarded a couple newer SpongeBob episodes) also worked on the show.

At least they're streamlining the relationship shit with him already being with a wife.

Do you think Jason and Bridgette are banging?

Fun fact, that's a guy that turned himself into a woman. We got a tranny, bois.

No, Bridgette is based on this lesbian/tranny's girlfriend. There's no other female cast member so I have no idea if she's single in the show or if it's a loose reference.

>Sean Szeles
Anybody remember his "miniseries" from two years ago? Anybody actually watch it?

Best girl, she gets drunk easy.

Are there 1080p rips out? Been meaning to watch it. I either didn't have TV at the time or just didn't know it was airing, but I didn't catch it when CN ran it. I might not have even heard about it at the time.

Anyone else find it kinda funny how we know the names of three characters in the main cast, yet not one of them is part of the main family trio?

pic related:
>Bridgette
>Alex
>N/A
>N/A
>N/A
>N/A
>Randy

Is it possible to deblur this or something

I wanted to post this earlier but couldn't find it, and desu archive is fucked right now and only loads thumbnails. I've saved this shit 3-5 times and I never can find it.

Wife's name has to be Emily, daughter's name has to be Candace.

I swear the black granny's title looks like Momji.

>Calvin tries to be professional and keep info tight
>Jeanette just fucking posts everyone's names

Myke Chilian did the Rick and Morty Pilot, also worked on Ule Gapa (Uncle Grandpa!)

who

This guy. He was friends with EIB who was a huge RS and UG freak and a better of the Sup Forums posters. Dude also boarded the R&M pilot!

>a better of the Sup Forums posters
compared to?

It's weird, he seemed like he had inside knowledge of the series (He said in a RS finale thread that the new show would be on TBS before any news was given on it) but it seems like he's just a fan.

Why is any of this relevant? And I highly doubt Bridgette was based off Miggs's friend/lover. The more likely situation is that JG created and developed the basis of the show and its main cast on his own, and the common name "Bridgette" being shared by one of the characters and a board artist's friend just happened to be a coincidence. Miggs would not have that much of an effect on the creation of the show.

>Jeanette couldn't even tell who's Finn and who's Jake
youtube.com/watch?t=5s&v=Ozt9wr8hLc0

>Why is any of this relevant?
Sup Forums always digs into crew member's public stuf to get a feel of who's writing and what the project might be like. RS' crew's vibes easily told everyone it was going to be a stoner type series with dude bro writing

Here's hoping that after he finished working on UG, Myke finally reunited with Justin Roiland and plans on boarding for Rick and Morty Season 4. "Uncle Grandpa's Odd-yssey" was pretty good

He was invited to the RS Movie Party. When Sup Forums can get 'insider knowledge, I applaud this kind of stuff, makes me proud to post on this board. What was said about TBS and him? Perhaps I missed that. Fact that he was giving us the inside scoop on RS and UG was an extra treat I guess. I wonder what happened to that dude?

>He was invited to the RS Movie Party.
That's pretty rad. How'd they know him though?

>What was said about TBS and him?
Desuarchive can't go back to January right now, but it was in the 2nd RS finale thread, "some of you are alright, don't go to the regular show finale tomorrow" shotgun OP. He just said JG was making a new show for TBS. I think it was either there or in an old episode talkback thread that he was working for an animation company.

No idea. He posted a screenshot of him with Mark Motherbaugh and his autograhped movie ticket with him at a restaurant the day of the premiere and told us of more RS secrets before they became known.

Yeah! Not the first time there was a cool Sup Forums poster with insider knowledge and came on the scene to deliver us this info. Hopefully EIB is alright and comes around.

>jason mantzoukas
>everyone else got btfo

Explain?

>him with Mark Motherbaugh and his autograhped movie ticket with him at a restaurant the day of the premiere
That's amazing. Damn he's lucky.