Recent Buys/Shelf Thread

Post anything you've bought recently and share your collection.

This is the display I've got going on in my room. I think I'm Namorfag's archenemy.

>Dove brand deodorant
>Secret Empire

IDW posted this today, it's real baby we're finally getting it.

No bully. It's a cool variant.

I also recently got the Not Brand Echh Masterworks.

I was waiting for it.
Sup Forumsmfiest thread in this board.

Just got a Becky Cloonan pin and Koozie

Good choice on the Hellboy LE user, always love seeing it on people's shelves

Thanks. I'm waiting on the next two volumes and the first B.P.R.D one to arrive.

BPRD hell on earth is going to start getting collected soon to, I think next month, also where are you getting the library editions from user?

bookdepository and amazon. Those are the spanish editions tho.

I picked these up during the Marvel liquidation sale.

What's wrong with Dove

Not sure about Spanish editions but have you checked instocktrades? Might be cheaper if your going to start collecting HB

I gotta see where I can find these for dirt cheap. Wouldn't mind that set to dig through.

Nice choices,
Been looking for a Hellboy Library Edition volume 6 that make my wallet bleed.

My LCS had first two for 50$ and vol 3 for 70$. Supposedly marvel didn't offer that much of a discount on volume 3.

on CheapGraphicNovels vol 1 is 60% off and 3 is 50%. 3's only been out a year or so and this is the second printing at least of 1

>ZIMA

you faggot

Hey now. It was meme. I had to try it.

It's cheaper indeed. But the shipping fees kills me.

Not really a haul, just stuff I've picked up in the last couple weeks from sales/recent releases. (1/2)

Apologies for the shitty lighting. These are the volumes.
(2/2)

Nothing new

did you make that shelf user? I have seen people make coffee tables out of those crates but never a shelf

Crappy pic and nothing new besides a few floppies

Yes. My mom thought it'd be cool brought me back crates every time she went to home depot, but all those crates cost about $100 and I could have gotten an actual shelf for that price that's more ergonomic so I'll replace it sometime in the future

i need like two weeks to just clean and reorganize my shit. it's a mess. i should take pics of that Akira box

same.
anyone else just waiting for black friday deals?

Finally, fuck.

Yes, mexican not-Black friday, the "good weekend" Lets see what deals does amazonmx gets tomorrow, probably nothing.

Another thread, no new photos.

Stack

and box

That is a very pretty stack

Just go some birthday money and I'm thinking of picking up Watchmen, Multiversity, and two of the following: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Kirby's Demon, and Kirby's Mr. Miracle. I've never read any of these so I'm having trouble deciding

Its beautiful

Always bet on Kirby, besides the league is very profitable so it gets reprinted all the time.

i want mr miracle, but I'm waiting to see if it's collected in the new gods omni out in December

Reposting my last few purchases since I don't think I'll get any more until next year

Madman

IST's omnibus sale is very tempting.

Although they aren't in the sale are the Planet/ World War hulk omnibuses worth buying?

>96813390
planet hulk was dope

east of west and hawkeye are both series ive been eyeing but havent felt i really needed to read. let me know how they are

Nice stack.

JESUS CHRIST
I own that Swamp Thing Omni and know how huge it is, and THAT JLI LOOKS TO BE EVEN BIGGER.

As a slut for big books, I'm definitely getting that JLI.

Little off topic, but I'm thinking of doing something a bit different for Christmas this year and getting my family members a comic and a print I think they'll like. My sister's getting Lackadaisy, my older brother's getting Nedroid, my other brother's getting Voltron, and my aunt is getting Donald Duck, though I still haven't thought of a good one for my mom and dad. I might end up doing something else for them, honestly, but any suggestions?

My dad likes folk music, classic rock, architecture, and war history while my mom likes more artsy and creativity based stuff, and nature like flowers and dragonflies. I'm almost thinking Over the Garden Wall for my Dad, but it's not the same without the music, though I could get him a dvd of the miniseries.

waiting on two orders to arrive:

CheapGraphicNovels-
AGE OF REPTILES OMNIBUS VOL 01 TP
AMALA'S BLADE SPIRITS OF NAAMARON TP
AT THE EARTH'S CORE (EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS) HC
BARBARELLA HC $14.99 1 $14.99
BILL AND TED MOST EXCELLENT COMIC BOOK ARCHIVE HC
CARNAGE CLASSIC TP

Instocktrades-
Kamandi by Kirby vol2
Tangled Web of Spider-Man Omnibus

I'm the OP of the image
Seems like there are some printing errors such as missing text and swapped pages. Check the Amazon reviews before buying. Lots of 1-stars.

Is it really that bad?

haven't read it myself, but you know how anal comic fans can be

>5 star 33%
>1 star 40%
That seems kind of retarded.

>The two pages placed out of order (638 and 639) are the worst. The missing text from a word balloon (267) is bad enough. The ridiculous decision (or non-decision) to leave one of the "bonus books" right in the middle of issue 18 and completely interrupt the flow of the story (starting on page 556) is at least frustrating.
This book has 1080 pages and these three errors make it a one star. I'm still getting it.

I see you picked up Vampirella too. Liking all of it except Mark Millars story but that's to be expected from that hack.

Bottom 3 on the right were discount bin finds. Holy shit that Shame book is amazing! One of my favorite comics of all time now. It's a fucked up fairy tale of a kind ugly old woman who wishes she had a daughter and a demon puts a child in her. She then abandons the kid to be raised by dryads and locked in a forrest to prevent the demon from using her child to get access to the world. The girl at age six fucks an incubus and gets a demon to go kill her mother and put her soul into her demon fetus. So she gives birth to her own mom at 7. So good. Going to track down the other two today. Boltons art is so on point too. So more comics coming today

I built my own shelf too. I would have make a couple changes if I had done it again, the drawers are a little too tight for my liking, not a millimeter to spare putting in comics. But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. still tweaking my organizing a bit

It doesn't matter how many pages it has. They're charging you (and not cheap) for a product that's faulty, and pages out of order and missing text is a fucking big mistake in a book. It's not like a typo or something. I'd wait for a corrected edition, 'cause I wouldn't want to spend all that money on a bigass book that's fucked.

How many decades would it take for DC to correct it? Why would they bother at all?

CRICKETSTHREADANON, where are you???

Why would they bother fixing anything if people just buy poorly done shit anyway?
There are scans online if you wanna read it. Don't give them their money for low quality shit or they'll never improve.

three issues in on Hawkeye, and it's fuckin great. i thought it was a meme, but it's looking really good. I've never read any Fraction before this.

Trades 1&2 of East of West were pretty good. kinda has a Trigun feel, if you were ever into that. story is neat 8 issues in. it's a Sci-Fi Fantasy Western.

I hate Fraction so much. At this point I refuse to even give his Hawkeye a shot, I have never liked anything by him

dang, what'd he do? I'm sure i feel the same way about some creators too.

Namor fans?

is Lemire's Thanos any good?

Oh yeah isn't that vampirella paperback?
How does it do spine wise?
Like it'd survive a full reading or two?

>dang, what'd he do?
Thor, mainly

half way through and it's in perfect condition. Should last well

Nothing new to show but I am waiting on a rare manga artbook to arrive, first time using Mandarake so hopefully it arrives okay.

Anyone going to LCS Day? Prolly gonna pick up the 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank exclusive HC, nothing else really takes my fancy

Good to know.
And it's good entry level reading?
I know nothing about her beyond VA VA VOOM lookin.

How good is Shang-Chi? I'm a Kung-Fu enthusiast but I've never read the series.

how long have you had that can of chili on the shelf for?

only bought it for the art

will let you know how good the writing is

i like all the authors, so probably good

It's really good, one of the classics of 70s Marvel where they really started branching out

Comfy tatsumaki shelf.

Tatami*

It's great and has some unbelievable action scenes.

How's Suicide Risk?

decent, not amazing, but the Morrison, Ellis, Moore and a couple other stories are well worth the price. They aren't the greatest any of them have done but they are solid stories.

They do put it in an odd order though, and Busiek's reboot is put far later than it should have been. Still, it's easy enough to follow, each author just tells the story they want to, only Busiek cares that much about continuity

I will let you know when I read it. The house style art paired with Carey gives me a weird feeling so I've put it off thus far, but will read by this weekend. Hopefully the thread lasts

anybody here has the Sandman Slip Case? Wanted to get all the issues anyway and apparently, the Slip Case is cheaper so I thought I'd rather buy that. Can someone take a pic next to other comics?

I've been enjoying it for what it is. You do kind of need to know some things about Thanos/ Thane from Hickman's run on Avengers/Infinity, though.

Don't have a good camera on hand, hope this helps.

that looks fucking awesome. thank you very much, dude. how much did you get it for and where?

been thinking to get it from booksetc. amazon.de being expensive as hell AND the whole products-in-shitty-packages thing really make it a no go for me

I got lucky, got it from Amazon for £14.99 a few years ago. There was some error in pricing of a load of comics and bunch of omnis/absolutes etc had their prices cut for a few hours. Sandman was one of them.

what the FUCK. that's awesome dude, what a bargain. that shit never happens over here in Germany

do you happen to have the Lucifer books? thought about buying them after Sandman but too few people here usually read them

>Shadow bro

I received them today. Hellboy finally completed, waiting on BPRD 2 to be back on stock.