I just read this

I just read this
The theme of fencing is interesting
The artwork was horrendous
Sadly all of it seems to be a set up for yaoi

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-fence-cs-pacat-20170817-htmlstory.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good Idea: making a comic about gay boys intended for a male audience

Bad Idea: making a comic about what fujoshi pretend gay boys are like intended for a female audience

>The artwork was horrendous
Do you have an example of one of the pages? I guess Johannathemad is just more used to drawing fanart than comics.

>Sadly all of it seems to be a set up for yaoi
Makes sense since the same author wrote a gay novel about a slave and his master

>western fujoshit now exist

I don't know whether to be happy or scared

Sucks that a fencing comic finally exists, and it's a vehicle for gay shit instead of cool fencing stuff.

Comics about gay boys have always been a thing. Comics about fencing... now we're getting into something new.

Went to check out this comic. A lot of the designs are Tumblr-y, and characters have a very light (but noticeable) case of Tumblr Nose.

Wow, that sounds like a horrendous cliche.

what were the gay comics?

Fuck this pretend garbage. I'm talking about fencing. What the world needs is a comic about HEMA. Also, it could have hardcore homo and beat out this crap on two fronts.

Tumblr hates this comic so Sup Forums should love it

>Tumblr hates this comic

What? Why?

Problematic creators

The later outnumber actual faggots and thus make more sense to cater to.

The backgrounds and props are nonexistent, the characters feel like they're floating in empty rooms

I've seen samples and it's eh, but far from horrendous. Just another case of an artist that focuses too much on characters, rather than background and environment.

>Be a gay dude who used to fence in high school
>This shit sounds right up my alley
>Even has a qt main character and everything
>Read the "elite boy's school" pitch
>See all the tumblr "diversity ensemble"
>Realize that this is just more fujoshit pandering
>mfw

Why is it so hard for women to make a comic about cute boys doing cute things without fucking everything up?

>women to make a comic
>women

See that's the problem right there.

They only care about satisfying their lust for gay boys

This. I've never seen women write satisfying gay male romances. I'm sure it's been done, but 9 times out of 10, it's written solely for women.

They do good smut though, but that's about it.

Let's do this

>Sadly all of it seems to be a set up for yaoi

guess it depends on who you ask.

The writer pretty much confirms it latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-fence-cs-pacat-20170817-htmlstory.html

>There’s going to be some romance between the boys. How important is it for you to portray queer love stories in your work?

>Really important. It's something that I'm interested in doing across all my art. I feel like there's so much potential, especially within sports, which can be quite male-dominated but in a way that's often excluding other groups. As a female sports fan you can sometimes feel marginalized [because] sports are generally packaged only for the male gaze.

>I was really interested in taking a lot of the energy within sports that are often sublimated and just bring them out to the surface. That includes the female gaze approach and also includes openly queer characters. But not in any sort of sad way. I hope to be writing something that's very joyously and unabashedly queer. That's very important to me.

let's be honest, you're only going to see each panel for maybe 3 seconds. no sense in all this work.

I meant the sad part. fencing is gay as fuck. not sure what you were expecting.

saw this today in my LCS, flicked through it, thought the awful cheesy sports anime dialog sounded kinda gay. then i saw the Boom Box logo and realised it was gonna be fujoshi pandering

>satisfying gay male romances

What does that involve? Comparing penises and drinking beer?

it leierly has every trope of every sports manga ever, you could replace the sport with anything and i could tell u exactly how this comic pans out

So, it's Yuri on Ice but with fencing?

I’d read that.

Isn't that what straight normies do anyway?

Fin.

How did Boom turn to such complete shit? They used to publish some good stuff.

Is this supposed to make readers wet? Would forgive the forced fanservice if it didn't look so meh.

The author is also a fan of Starfighter and Yuri on Ice. She's the worst kind of fujo.

This is the most cliche'd thing I have ever read.
And nobody talks like this.

The creators also released a bunch of character profiles before the book dropped and they pretty much spelled out all the endgame couples.

Why would the arrogant ace want to go to a school that's apparently bad at fencing?

for somenthing like a fencing comic, that art seems pretty stiff

>that includes the female gaze approach
At least she's honest about how this is all about her creepy sexual obsession with gay men.

IDW eate their licenses

I think it's the artist's first comic.

>Cox
You can't make this shit up

Profiles

Eh, I'm on the fence about this one.

I legit thought this was supposed to be a girl but I guess this dude's just especially faggy.

meh, Japs already did it,
and better anyway.

Carlos, shut up.

Every harem needs the girly one, user.

Probably the lone straight

Obvious half of secondary couple

Other half of secondary couple

Draco Malfoy expy

No, that's just bros being bros. True gay romances are when you and the bae shit-talk people you both hate, watch TV and eat McDonad's.

>RIght-handed
Nitpicky I know, but it immediately stood out to me

At that point why bother writing a good story, people are only reading the words for less than a second.

Just shit out any old crap and fuck putting in effort to make an actual piece of art.

yer ill stick to my jap sports manga

Extras

So based off how the comic handled the match and the fencing parts on these profiles, I'm guessing readers actually have to figure out fencing rules and terms on their own?

Let's be real, none of them are reading for the fencing aspect.

yer thats what i noticed, if you going to have a fairly niche sport as the centre of your comic you are going to need to explain said sports rules to the uninitiated, haikyu and most sports manga have this down pat

>Epee fencers
>Gayboys
Talk about redundant.

t.Sabre master race

god whats wrong with the girls face

Starfighter is kinda hot, though. It's cliche fujo bait, but the actual sex scenes aren't bad. All of these characters are ugly so I have no such hopes here.

Personally as a semi-fujo I don't like stuff that panders this hard. If you hand me this much fanservice and shipbait on a silver platter it just isn't fun anymore

this

>Girl
This is a boys' school, he's just really gay

She's a gay dude.

THIS.

>Boom! Box
Not. Even. Once.

shit thats egg on my face
man this shit is so forced

Yeah, it wasn't until the artist referred to him as a dude that I realized too.