Christianity

I know that I have faith in Christ and the gospel, but I'm not sure what church or denomination of Christianity to join. Any suggestions Christian anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

apuritansmind.com/(many
aomin.org/
desiringgod.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=J-J2kuSCLvE
deathtotheworld.com/
harddawn.com/monsanto-now-breeding-cows-with-holes/
youtube.com/watch?v=uoRa3MZxV8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Church of Christ is based, but any small church is probably good. Just avoid baptist megachurches and lutherans and catholics.

Just go to a non-denominational church. They're the most casual and friendly, in my experience. Don't go Catholic. Whatever you do, avoid Catholicism. The church I go to now is non-denominational, but if I HAD to pin them down they would be along th Presbytarian lines.

Embrace the truth of Calvinism. God has chosen some of us sinful beings to be saved before the foundation of the world, despite all of us deserving the penalty of hell.
SOLI DEO GLORIA

My father was a Baptist that became a Quaker and my mother went from Catholic to Unitarian. I'm not sure what I wanna do.
I've thought about Methodist and Presbyterian.

jw.org

I have some family that is Calvinist on the East coast near Boston.

Go to a church that preaches the Scriptures. Avoid Catholic, Jehovah's Witness...

Avoid anything that

1) Denies the Godhood of Jesus
2) Has a female pastor
3) Teaches that Jesus came to stop "racism"
4) Teaches that Jesus is not present in the Eucharist

Presbyterian and Baptist are a safe bet. Not always though.

Eastern Orthodox.

They don't have messed up views on original sin like catholics and protestants.

I'm agnostic but If I were Christian thats who I would throw my lot in with.

Jehovahs witness. JW.org.

no

Nice, user. Here's one of our strongest Biblical supports for it in Romans 9 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

If you want more information on it, here are some websites to check out
apuritansmind.com/(many of these contain serious theological works hard for laymen like you and I to understand, but there is good stuff here
aomin.org/ James White runs this place, the guy is one of the best defenders of Calvinism out there.
desiringgod.org/ Many good articles on here.

you have faith in something that isnt real and you cant prove me wrong
>your a faggot

Orthodoxy

Return to the Church founded by Christ and His disciples, as reported in the Gospels.

Return to the Church that brought even Rome to its knees, before which princes, kings, and Emperors kneel.

Return to the Church of the men of the old order of Europe, who built cities and wrote songs and created art and music and beauty everywhere.

Return to the Church of philosophers, scientists, thinkers, and wise men, whose thought and deed made Europe unparalleled on Earth.

Return to the Church which has lived, lives now, and will live forever, against which Hell shall not prevail.

Return to the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

come on you know the right answer OP

>literal heretics

this is the correct answer

This

/thread

what they said.

>germans

>christcucks can't even agree on which interpretation of their jewbook is correct

thanks for fosterng division between europe for millennia you faggots lmfao

you've got about 25,000 choices.
good luck

I'd disagree with that statement and that's ok you have that opinion

>chile

Must be chilly up there on that high horse, say hi to Nietzsche's rotting corpse for me

I'm Serb Orthodox. My family came here to England because of war.

Pic is my church. It isn't Orthodox, but that doesn't matter - it's a house of God.
I generally go there to pray when it isn't busy as I don't like crowds.
It is so peaceful;

I can't advise you about denomination. Pray daily, and read the Holy Bible.
Follow the teachings of Christ, He is the best teacher.

youtube.com/watch?v=J-J2kuSCLvE

Peace to you.

They also believe in works salvation, which is damnable heresy, sorry to say.

Here are some ways to ID a good church
1. Completely orthodox on the Trinity. One God, three distinct Persons. If they say, God reveals himself in three different ways, or that Jesus isn't God, or that the Holy Spirit is just a "power", don't walk, RUN away from that place.
2. Believes in salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone
Works salvation, as the Catholics and Orthodox teach, will not save you. We are saved through faith and faith alone.
3. Exalts the Glory of God above all things. If your church is sinfully compromising theology to fill pews, that's not glorifying God. If they have such a passion for rebellious, stubborn goats that the sheep are starving and withering away in the corner, that's not glorifying God. Head to a church where the Sovereignty and Glory of God is exalted, and his true purpose in Creation proclaimed as found in Romans 9:11-23.

Is that like the underground cool leather jacket Christianity?

Do what I'm currently doing

Get an audiobook of the Bible and listen to it from beginning to end

At the end of that. The right denomination should be clear to you

>Return to the Church that brought even Rome to its knees, before which princes, kings, and Emperors kneel.

Isaiah 14:12-16 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying,
>Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms

Jesus didnt have a denomination and the church is the body of true believers. pray over it and be careful the Lord warns that many will come in his name showing false signs

Galatians 5:19-21King James Version (KJV)

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

No, it's the powder wig Christianity of the Puritans and revolution-era America

As an independent observer.

Didn't Christ minister through his works, and isn't the goal of every Christian to become Christ like, walk in the same way in which he walked and all that jazz.

A Christian is a Christian. That's all there is to it. You're a Christian or you're not - what you call yourself otherwise is absolutely positively irrelevant to anything.

Galatians 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

And how did they get to be Christ. The predestination of God through faith!
Eph 1:1-5
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Orthodoxys got you covered there bro
deathtotheworld.com/

> believing in one person's fantasy over another's
You literally cannot get any stupider than believing in the supernatural. I'm sure there are some local niggers who will be happy to talk jesus with you. Go find them.

>whosoever believeth on me shall not perish, but have eternal life

>You literally cannot get any stupider than believing in the supernatural
Yes you can - you can believe blatantly circular reasoning. That's way dumber.

Eph. 2:8-9:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This completely exposes the deception of works-based salvation

Several different words with different nuanced meanings were all translated into 'believe' in the english bible. If you dont pay attention to the greek meanings you are going to be mislead.

Belief as a requirement for salvation doesn't just mean belief in the basic english sense, but has a connotation of adhering to and keeping faith to the teaching of. Part of believing in christ in this context is making yourself more christ-like. And that involves works.

I think there's only two undeniable requirements to call yourself a Christian

1) Belief in God

2) Belief in Jesus's divinity (rose from the dead)

If you can't buy into those two then how can you call yourself a Christian? Everything else is up for debate.

>something can come from nothing

Presbyterian. Best music, best focus.

>music
No please.

Yea but obviously Catholics and Orthodox also have faith in Christ, so they are obviously not damned.

Unitarian Universalist is the most Christ like in practice.

I'm talking about old school organ music, the majority of Presbyterian music.

Fundamentalist.

That's the crux, but what true belief in those propositions actually entails is more complex than those surface propositions.

Faith comes first , a church comes second , it is what you belief and not about what others belief , god has given us a delusion when it comes to that , so try and find the true denomination your self

I was raised Christian, but strayed from it in my angsty early teens due to rebelling against my mother whom I had lots of issues with, and also because of emerging homosexual feeling and my churches preaching about the sins of such things.

Lately I've been feeling the call back to my faith in my soul, even though I've been unable to speak to God when I've prayed. I miss being able to connect with the Lord like when younger, but still struggle with the fact my sexuality is a sin. However I am 30 years old and have never acted on it, so I have yet to actually commit the sin itself. I sometimes wonder if my sexuality and straying from my faith in youth is why I can not speak to God anymore when I try and I'm being punished.

No music, just talk about God please.
An echo chamber isn't good worship.

Of course a believer will continue in the faith. However, this is the result of the Holy Spirit, which comes only to those God has elected beforehand. A Christian will show these works, but they do not save him. God's grace in election cause the sinner to receive him in faith, and not through any works of his own, which are nothing but filthy rags to God

Go Catholic. The other ones will expect you do to shit.

Muslims have faith in Christ as a prophet. That doesn't make them saved. They need to put faith in Christ alone and not their works, otherwise they are not saved. I wish they were saved, I do not want to see billions go to hell. But, so saith the Scriptures

why does that cow have a plastic anus on its side?

Assemblies of God. It's pretty grassroots, no weird rituals, etc. It's Pentecostal, but there aren't generally the weird things you hear about Pentecostals.

I bet you aren't even Catholic, just a role playing faggot.

Post rosary with timestamp.

Presbyterian is based.

what the fuck is that

Orthodox OP

Reformers all grew up being told to hate Rome (and Constantinople to a lesser extent) and will talk about Sola Scriptura all day long becuase it's been drilled into them. Just decide for yourself if the Church is visible by reading the history of the Church and the Bible. Nowhere in the Bible does it identify itself as the sole source of divine revelation, and there's plenty of that in the history of the Church. Read up and don't rush in too fast. Count the cost.

Look up Joseph Prince, listen to his sermons. Find a church that preaches Grace over Law, and accept the saviour into your life.

It's a cannulated cow to stupid city slickers.

>cannulated cow
This sounds like something potentially satanic and globalist. I bet its a moloch ritual, try harder CRT :^)

Christianity is a reduction of the teachings/ experience of Christ. Just keep your faith in God. Church is not needed. The truth will seek you out when your ready. Just sit quietly and pray and try to listen for Gods voice speak to you. Open your mind to JESUS when ever your alone. He will do the rest. Trust me

This in fact is wrong ,because you really need to study the bible , first thing you do is you read the bible with no knowledge of the bible you cant make much sense of it, then you read the bible with the cathocuck meme glasses because that are the google hits you get . Then you read the bible with non denomination glasses, and if you dont understand something you wait until you do understand it .And only then you will find the true religion

>Calvinism

So. much. heresy. Calvinism completely ignores all the important concepts and aspects of the Gospel. It's almost as bad as easy-believism and those idolatrous churches that believe in the false doctrine of apostolic succession.

Calvin literally made this child argument up and people believe it to this day. Reformed views of what salvation really is is what marks the difference in "works-based salvation." The reformed view of salvation is exactly that--reformed. Luther and Calvin played a big part in changing the 1500 year old idea of salvation to what it is today, and thus leads to these sorts of confusions.

>start reading Bible for literary reasons
>Gospels probably the best thing I've ever read
>Why did I not read through these before?
>Start praying
>Tell gf I find Christianity compelling and that I've been praying
>Tfw she wants to break up with me now

Brehs...

I am just as guilty as you friend. Jesus said that whoever looks at a woman with lust has committed adultery in his heart. I have done this countless times, and still do. I am also a liar, a thief, and an utter scumbag deserving of Hell. We ALL ARE.

Romans 3:10-20
10As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

However, in His Mercy, God gave his Son, a sinless, perfect Man, to die on the cross in our place as atonement for our sin so His people could be saved from hell and enjoy Him forever. If you place your faith in Jesus and accept Him as your Subsitute on the cross and repent of your sin, thou shalt be saved

harddawn.com/monsanto-now-breeding-cows-with-holes/
>Monsanto facilities appear to be amping up on their experiments with cannulated livestock. Are humans next?

Obliged.

Who's the faggot now?

As a nondenominational Christian I'd say nondenominational or Orthodox Christianity.

Calvin literally got his theology from Augustine, which many Catholics acknowledge as one of the founders of the Church. He tag teamed with Jerome(the guy who translated the Vulgate) to get one of the greatest heretics of all time, Pelagius(who said that men were neutral instead of inclined to sin and that men could possibly be perfect on Earth through free will). Monergism was found among many of the Church Fathers. Unfortunately, sin-ergism took root, forcing the actions of the Reformers

This documentary discusses the occultic roots of some, such as Catholisicm, Mormonism, JevhovasWitnesses, etc
youtube.com/watch?v=uoRa3MZxV8g

I meant Catholics and Orthodox both believe in Christ as providing salvation, they just also believe in other requirements.

Stay true to the words of the gospel. Trust me, this is a test. That woman is worth nothing compared to Christ.

Like the part where God gives people faith and repentance? Or the fact that men are DEAD(not wounded) in sin? Or the part where God hardens peoples hearts(so much for the church growth model)

Catholicism is the most original form of Christianity, along with Orthodoxy.

theres a pube next to it

Eternal life vs a women , oh geez what shall i pick

Only that woman is the Christ. Everyone is the Christ. But let the dead bury the dead....

THERE ARE NO OTHER REQUIREMENTS! ADDING OTHER "REQUIREMENTS" IS RANK BLASPHEMY! I feel like Alex Jones trying to explain this! There is one door to God, and that is through Christ(John 14:6). A cursory glance through the Gospels proves this

>Catholicism is the most original form of Christianity, along with Orthodoxy.

Cathoclism is the test from god to see that you will fail , just like atheism is a test now

Either Catholicism or Orthodox. Don't fall for the Protestant meme. Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide are memes and really give a bad name to Christianity as a whole.

Catholicism and Orthodox are old and centralized, which is good since change can only come from the top and they remain coherent,instead of every individual priest doing their own interpretations and ending up with wacky little churches pop up with female priests or gay clergies. They're the most unchanged since Christianities inception.

Catholicism has the better history in Europe and specifically with science imo, but our current pop makes it very unappealing. Where Orthodoxy is fucking based but has a lot more mysticism involved.

In my humble opinion OP those are the only two choices, protestantism is a product of people wanting to change interpretations to what ever they feel like at a time, which is one of the main criticisms people use on Religion. At least with Catholicism and Orthodoxy you have a counter to that, as they remain generally unchanged, and sola scriptura is self evidently a heresy in my eyes since so much of the bible is obviously metaphor.

So, Protestantism arose from the radical heresy that it's wrong to extort money from poor people under the promise that it will get them out of this mythical "Purgatory" that Christ's death failed to cover for.

Thanks man. That makes me feel heckuva lot better. I just wish that when I spoke to him I'd get a reply back. But I do have faith. I do struggle with the faith and my sexuality though and it's hard to cope with it. It just seems wrong that God would make me this way and then make it a sin.

cherry picking hall of fame

This post has everything you need. Otherwise OP is quite free to choose what denomination Lord has deemed right for him.

Of course, there are some actual christians inside catholic and lutheran/protestant churches who oppose the blasphemic heretical practices but get shunned by it.

One of my Father's christian friends, who is pastor, got excluded/kicked because he told female pastorhood was a metaphoric gay marriage itself with congregration and didn't accept it.

The experience of oneness with God and creation is who you are. Just let your mind return to this. That's all Christ teaching is.

As a Lutheran I view Calvinists as total bros, but I can't see the point of predestination.

Protestantism is a general term. It didn't "arise" at any particular point like that, what you're referring to only applies to the first few protestant church. It refers to anything non centralized now, which again, is why you end up with women priest and all gay clergies. There's no quality control, and there's no way centralized belief. What ever the fuck they feel like saying goes in protestantism. Look at the church of Sweden for example

Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide are very serious heresies though.

Its your cross you have to bare , some people got small crosses , some got big crosses , god gave me a personality disorder some times i am good and sometimes evil , the soul cannot split up so in a way god is impossible in my point of view , but my faith never have been bigger and is still growing each single day , because i belief for with god nothing is impossible

>Bible is metaphor
>Trust me, I'm a Christian!

If your doctrine isn't biblically based, then it's soley based on tradition. Tradition is basically moral relativity at it's core.
>JUST BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO
> BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT SUITS YOUR TASTES

Most churches are compromised on all fronts, including Catholicism, Orthodox, and Protestant. But surprisingly enough, Protestantism is the closest thing you'll get to true Christianity, because it is based on the original written gospels, that have survived the test of time, unlike tradition, which has changed time and time again.

Anything besides pure faith, is just an appeal to ego. The fact that you need to "prove" yourself worthiness of heaven, speaks volumes on your faith that what Christ did was enough to save mankind. The fact remains is that Jesus did something that was all inclusive, a completely infallible act to stop all forms of heresy and divisions among theologies. But if you want to deny that, and try to appeal to some sense of righteous pride, then be my guest.

It's uncanny how you preach an entirely different gospel, one that true Christians want no part of. So identify your gospel, and make sure you preach it as a secularist and exclusive club, involving arbitrary deeds and devotions, that may never assure a believer.