Who do you like better Sup Forums

Who do you like better Sup Forums

Coluan Brainiac or Animated Series killer AI Brainiac?

I grew up with superman brainiac so obviously him

DCAU Brainiac. I personally think thematically, he works better as an A.I.
>Literally is information, his body is merely a tool
>Has a good connection with Clark, being another survivor of Krypton, and in a sense embodies it. Destroying Brainiac is essentially destroying Krypton's entire history
>Like an idea, extremely hard to kill
Don't get me wrong, I love the classic world bottler, but this was probably a change for the better.

personally i hate the legion, so i hate coluans, and by extension coluan brainiac

I prefer AI Brainiac.

>Origin ties with Clark
>Allows Brainiac to move from system to system in a way that is more threatening
>Gives a more solid reason for his quest for knowledge

I used to be a fan of the A.I., but as I got more into comics I learned Coluan Braniac gives access to the Dox family and I like them Doxs

So brainiac is a cyborg or an AI in a humanoid body?

They aren't really different things, you know. Coluans are still basically AI in cybernetic bodies. Coluan Brainiac still changes bodies all the time, and exists as decentralized information. He's not just a green alien.

could've been a question just about the designs

LOSH had the best balancr

Braniac Jr. tbqh

Coluan Brainiac.

That LOSH cartoon managed to keep AI Brainiac and have the Doxs around.

>The Main Man will never get a movie.
>We will never see the classic 80's "Bite me Fanboy" half shirt.

Animated series, look-wise.

I like them both.

Christ. Both star-sisters have some really gargantuan gazongas here.

Coluan Brainiac. Connecting everything to Krypton is SHIT. Brainiac is beyond that, he considers Krypton and Kryptonians as puny as Earthlings. Fundamentally he also works better as an organic being because it makes him a better foil to Superman; he's a powerful being who chose to abuse his power instead of using to help people, who chose to abandon his "humanity" and become more like a machine, both physically and mentally, disconnected from common people, representing what people fear Superman could become with all his power.* If he IS a machine, then that element gets lost, and he's just evil because he was programmed that way.

*This is one of the very few good things that could come of Snyderman. He's generally been depicted as a loner and an outsider. Brainiac would be a perfect evil counterpart for him.

SOLOMON GRUNDY LIKE BOTH, TOO!!

Why not both?

Origin version was just an alien.

Then he was retconned into an android.

Then the Crisis happened and he was retconned back into an alien scientist.

Then that alien scientist digitized his mind and took control of various bodies, so he was an organic-derived mind usually in a robotic body.

Then Johns came along and made him a cyborg, with all previous versions of Brainiac being retconned as mentally-controlled probes of the real dude.

New 52 stuck with that general backstory.

Rebirth isn't confirmed yet. There was a robot who collected worlds in bottles that ran on "Brainiac 2.0 OS", but this is most likely a drone instead of the real Brainiac of this universe.

>Coluan Brainiac still changes bodies all the time
He hasn't done this since he's been retconned as a cyborg again. This was just the gimmick of his Post-Crisis, pre-"Brainiac" incarnation.

Eh. Just make Coluans a species of self replicating machines. Lets Braniac be an A.I, and lets the Dox family be a thing at the same time. The fuckers may as well be robots given how they're often written.

AI Braniac

Essentially what said. He's a representation of losing your personhood and taking that part away leaves you with what's essentially just another evil robot.

IMO it also takes away agency from his descendants. They're good and bad mostly by choice and that would certainly be chalked up to programming if they were A.I.s, and that's an extremely boring way of doing it.

Indigo/Brainiac 8 has appeared in the supergirl comic, not sure how she’s portrayed though cause it’s a garbage book

I like the idea plus the voice actor of ai brainiac. I remember when they replace his VA and i instantly disliked him.

She didn't do much of anything

What if he was born organic, but choose to upload himself to become a digital being?

I Like organic Brainiac's consciousness transferred into a computer with a dope robot body and skull ship.

This one made for a great villain

Why not combine ideas? A Coluan obsessed with seeking new intelligence tries to learn some secrets from Kryptonian archives, discovers the AI that takes over his body as a host

Sublime taste.

She's a good guy who has been tricked into helping the villain kill Supergirl. Fine idea, but it's in Supergirl, so it falls flat.

I'm still bitter at this book for taking my Empress and making her just another antagonist. Rebirth's attempts to build up the Legion's return are just getting lame at this point.

i like all the versions too

it would be a nice touch if a.i. brainiac escapes krypton's destruction and lands on colu to influence coluan's development into level 8 intelligence

he sent out a intelligent virus made up of his own consciousness like a usb spore to take over their greatest mind on colu and that's the coluan brainiac we're all so used to

the a.i. brainiac using the tech of coluan to become the machine skull head robotic brainiac and takes off into space

>LOSH had the best balancr
Was the show good?

They should mix the two. Vril is a Coluan in charge of cataloguing Coluan culture and history and is fucking bored because everything is already catalogued. The BRAINIAC AI shows up and he merges with it to become Brainiac.

I liked it

You could have Brainiac the Coluan merge with Brainiac the Kryptonian AI when he bottles Kandor. The AI knows Krypton is going to die and hitches a ride where Brainiac discovers and merges with it.

Brainiac 5 was super gay.

Animated series was the logical choice.

Despite my first exposure to the character being DCAU Brainy I actually like Coluan Brainiac better.

I just dig something about the whole obsessive collector of alien civilizations thing he's got going. He even keeps them as miniatures, its so wonderfully nerdy, in a cold menacing alien overlord kind of way.

Both are good takes on the character though

and
is best brainy

didn't he like violet though?

I like the Perez/robot design, the Coluan bottling and Legion ties and the Animated origin.

Somebody needs to figure out a way to synthesize all these because Brainiac is a fantastic villain just sitting there.

Need that Coluan booty, since both Brainy-2 and 5 are my husbandos

>Need that Coluan booty,
Buttiac?

He's super bi, as inspired by the twoboot

only because it was suppose to be supergirl

That doesn't explain why it carried over to the season 2 premiere

Yeah, but you got to have the near death experience. Really makes him unique, being a bad guy who deals with the stress of nearly dying by trying to shut off his humanity. Or Coluanity, as it were.

I like the synthesis idea:

>be Vril Drox
>arrogant scientist obsessed with knowing everything
>successfully upload your mind into an AI and now have access to all Colulan knowledge
>fuckin sweet
>but your old feels pop out: wouldn’t it be more valuable if you knew and ONLY you knew everything?
>pop around the galaxy gathering knowledge as computer OS or a synthetic version of your old organic body as need be
>shrink cities or blow them up as need be for your curiosity
>becomes more weird and then detached from organic morality due to being an AI with a mission for so long
>become Kryptonian OS then blow it up once you collected everything you wanted
>lol
>head to Earth to gain smarts and fuck shit up
>but a Kryptonian is there punching your lights out
>dafuq.jpg
>retreat to your personal mainframe to form solution
>end up fighting this solar-powered freak for years seeing if maybe the synthetic organic you can win (nope) or if wacky robot you can overpower him (nuh-uh)
>you never do
>this is your life now

sadness

I demand more toys of Brainiac!

Seriously, though. There aren't any good Brainiac toys.

never changed the writing hence brainy being ultra gay

Literally the only thing I'd change about Frank's design is the eyes. They're too human. Give him the darkened eyes like in Injustice and this would be perfect.

They need to give him green/yellow scleras again, it looks vaguely human but still creepy.

His Injustice version is basically perfect in terms of both design and voice.

THIS.
Heroclix is a sad example, there is just not enough Brainiac (The Skull Ship is sweet, though).

yeah, it's pretty bad.

I was kind of hoping that there would be a nice Injustice 2 figure, but nothing came of it besides some static statuettes in some collector's edition of the game. There was a 7'' figure from DC Direct that looked okay, but not worth their asking price.

>There are still people who think a Lobo movie would work

He's a 90s parody character. Let it die, guys.

What are some good stories with Coluan Braniac and the Dox dynasty? I've only read REBELS.

I like the AI aspect, and I think the Coluan thing takes away the shared Kryptonian history that makes him a good antagonist for Clark, but I do love them Doxes tho.

Coluan saves you the trouble of jumping through hoops to explain the descendants. But at the very least he should be a Coluan robot if you're going to go with the AI take. There is no sense in cutting him off from a relatively unique DC species that has its own developed history and shit. DCAU's version worked in a vacuum where they weren't going to explore that so it didn't matter that the species was lost but you shouldn't do that in a long-running universe because it makes shit more boring.

An ancient, disembodied Coluan who transformed himself to a digital intelligence so he could live forever and continue his research unhindered by limits of the flesh.

Personally I like what they did with Bleediac
>Brainiac, every Braniac, from every conceivable adaption, is just a probe for the "real" Brainiac who's a god like being existing between universes
Took John's idea of the "main" Brainiac sending out probes that had different looks/mannerisms and took it to it's logical conclusion

The Brainiac storyline by Johns gave us the "true" Brainiac and he was a built Coluan with OCD

I-its better than I made it sound, really

Backtrack a little to LEGION, you missed all the "fuck you dad"

pulsar stargrave