/Pearls/

Thursday, November 16

Really makes you think.

Yeah, things are so fucking terrible aren't they?

This but unironically.

im feeling this one

You could be a medieval peasant with a life of serfdom ahead of them.

Especially for the poor minimum wage fuck that has to go out and wash graffiti off the walls.

Kinda lame.

>Peasant
>Serf
Well which is it fampai? Also you get a feast every other week and like a 20 hour work week.

a life with a secure job, a close community and nearly guaranteed a wife and kids? sounds fine to me.

but she's 12 user, 12!

Too old for you?

Pastis has been getting way too political lately. He better ease the fuck off if he wants to retain readers.

>I hope things can get better soon
>Political

I don't know what this means but I'm going to get angry about it

>Be guy who has to clean graffiti.
>All your friends getting laid off and/or having their hours cut.
>Guys on the street who draw and write on everything justify your employment and keep money in your pocket

theres nothing political about this one though

>20 hour work week
Other than your ass, do you have a source on that?

Serfs were technically property but in some places like England they often had it pretty good. The lords couldn't get away with using the full measure of their rights over the serfs but rents and such were restricted by the terms of serfdom. Free peasants sometimes willingly became serfs for this reason.

Serfs owned their lord unpaid labor but firstly the amount of time they were obligated to work, while varying, is often less than the amount of time modern people spend to pay various obligations like rent and taxes, plus there was widespread shirking and cheating of the lords by the serfs bringing their worst-quality draft animals, etc. Such cheating wasn't easy to suppress. The lords couldn't and didn't just ride into villages and bust heads or anything like that.

So were you in this situation.