6 stones that control the very essence of the universe

>6 stones that control the very essence of the universe
>3 of them are on Earth, one of the most primitive planets in the universe, for an extended period of time

How fucking stupid is that narrative?

Thanos Quest & Infinity Gauntlet >>>>> Whatever the MCU can come with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9m3NpkeTOmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, yeah. I doubt anybody would argue against that.

Earth is supposed to be considered the backwater hick planet to the universe? Like no one has a reason to come to earth because Humans are so shit, Aliens don't want anything to do with us. No one would ever look to find these artifacts

But I do agree. Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet have a great backstory for the Infinity Gems, but shit always needs to be condensed for movies.

I hope we get to see Champion of the Universe and The Gardener at some point in the MCU

Krugarr was using the same kind of magic that the Ancient One and Doctor Strange use
Maybe the Eye of Agamotto/Time Gem has moved from planet to planet over the eons through different sorcerer supremes

And the Aether only got to Earth during the Covergence where Jane Foster accidentally stepped into one of the other 9 Realms and merged with it. So it could have been hidden on any of then.

I was talking about the Space, Mind, and Time stones
I forgot about the Reality stone being on Earth once
That's 4

The Mind Stone only ended up on Earth because Thanos gave it to Loki to retrieve the Tessaract

Blame Loki for being incompetent and losing the scepter

Earth in Marvel is situated over what amounts to a weak point in reality. As a result, lots of weird shit happens there.

Plus, it makes more sense to have things happening in a single, semi-familiar location, rather than a bunch of random and effectively interchangeable places.

That's a stupid plan
The place the kept the power stone was on a lifeless planet
Anyone could have just taken it

I know why the studio chose this path
I just think it's weaker story than what Thanks Quest was

Your ability to state the obvious is uncanny.

The world sure needed another thread of a whiny kid saying what everybody else knows.

Not arguing that, just offering the other perspective.
For what it's worth, I agree that the idea of Thanos going around an gathering the Infinity Stones from the ass-ends of the universe is a better story in comics, but I don't think he can carry a movie on his own.

i always thought aliens didn't come to earth often because asgardians fuck around there from time to time

Isn't marvel going with a 'there's a god, and he's the writer of the comic/movie of what you're seeing right now' kinda thing?

And Earth was the Celestial's playground for a while, so people are understandably cautious about what they might have done to the local fauna.

Okay
Why did they need to use the infinity stones in non-Avengers movies?
Guardians was okay to use for I guess
They wasted the reality stone on Thor 2
The time stone was established by one line in Doctor Strange
Why did they need to introduce 5 stones when they could have used 2 or 3 and had more of a Thanos Quest narrative?

Oh god I thought this was about that marvel vs capcom tournament based on the thumbnail. The last thing this bored needs is people bitching about the reality stone and it's button swapping bullsit.

Aether was on some dead planet in between realms

Tesseract was on Earth because Odin simply lost it. hes a bad father and sucks at keeping track of shit. Ended up back in Agard

Time stone has been passed down from sorcerer supreme to sorcerer supreme... who knows how many dimensions its been on in the multiverse

Power stone was just sitting on some stupid dead planet now on xandar

Soul stone who knows

Mind stone Thanos had until his stupid plan failed because he trusted a God with a silver tongue that then ended up being put in the head of a robot thing

The only reason so many are on Earth now is happenstance... just like its happenstance that one being is looking for them all and flushing them all out (as noted by Thor in AoU).

>Space Stone
Hidden on Earth by Asgardians
>Mind Stone
Not on earth until recently
>Reality Stone
Only briefly on Earth, not currently there
>Power Stone
Never on Earth
>Time Stone
On Earth under the keeping of an all-powerful magical group

Only 2 were ever kept on Earth, and one of those was under the protection of non-Earthlings.

Ghost Rider creates the same kind of portals as the Wizards, so I think rather than Krugarr being connected to them, it's just that magic looks like that, regardless of who uses it.

Krugarr in the comics was connected to the Sorcerer Supremes though. He inherited the title and the Eye and Cloak in the future.
In the movies Krugarr probably isn't connected to their order, but whoever taught him magic may have been

And the Doctor Strange movie talked about other realms and dimensions. So it's not like there's no way the Earth Sorcerers could have had contact with sorcerers throughout the galaxy

>NOT KNOWING THAT EARTH IS THE KEY TO THE MULTIVERSE, AND THAT IT THEREFORE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PLANET IN THE MARVEL UNIERSE

OP is confirmed to be moviefag

also: the tesseract was in America, yes. but the mind was given to loki by thanos, reality was on some other planet, power was in space, and time was on earth. so that's 2, not three

It's because the tesseract and the other stuff weren't originally Infinity stones until Feige made them and I have the suspicion he did because fans started theorizing it and Feige lurks in fan messageboards.

It's also why they decided to turn Cap 3 into Civil War, because the normies thought the comic was the best thing ever for some reason and when RDJ wanted to do more than a cameo for Cap 3 Feige got the idea to do it.

It's also why Hulk was in Ragnarok, El Mayimbe spread the rumors of Planet Hulk and normies ate it up until Feige gave them a watered down version in Thor Ragnarok combined with other Thor shit.

Was it always like that with Marvel, because it sounds too DC.

I like they idea that Earth is just a hub for weird shit and metas and has a reputation of being dangerous. The fact that they have been involved in events that have brought down other alien civilizations is reason enough for other aliens to hate it and avoid it.

It's why other aliens are reluctant to help them and why the Earth Cosmic heroes have to work overtime to protect it, especially when the Earth heroes act stupid.

because Earth has pretty much all of the top HEROES in the universe.

I'm pretty sure Reed Richards is the smartest person in the universe (besides maybe the High Evolutionary who is also originally from Earth)

Dr Strange is pretty much most powerful sorcerer in the universe

Thor & Hercules always hang out on Earth and they are from the most powerful pantheons in the universe

Not really, while in DC, Earth is often some sort of cosmic nexus that binds the multiverse together, in Marvel it's always been more of a backwater planet that's considered a genetic timebomb by everyone else. In some continuities, it's because of Celestial tampering and stuff like that.

Only in the recent Secret Wars Earth became the contact point of the colliding universes, but I think it was more because the multiversal collapse was caused by Doom killing Molecule Men on various Earths, than because Earth was cosmically important.

Time Stone might have been found by Agamotto's mother (Oshtur) while she was on her exploration of the universe.

it's in black panthers ring because we wuz space kangz

/thread

But the Ancient One had to use Dormammu's power, implying the SS had little support and that that the Vishanti might not exist.

MIND STONE:
> Thanos had it, then gave it to Loki.

> Thanos knew all along Loki would fail and it would end up on Earth, and that was all part of his plan.

> Thanos anticipated Vision coming into being.

> The Other had it, hid it in the scepter, unbeknownst to Thanos, The Other possibly being an avatar of the God of Chaos, a notoriously sneaky fucker who would not be a fan of "balancing the universe". .

> Killed thousands of humans it came into contact with, there being only two exceptions; Wanda and Pietro. Stark's Arc Reactor blocked it.

TIME STONE:
> Agamotto passed it down to future Sorcerer Supremes. He found it on Earth. We don't know if Agamotto was human in the MCU.

> Agamotto travelled about the universe and found the Time Stone.

> Agamotto did not find the stone, his mommy Oshtur found it on her exploration of the universe, and gave it to her son, who then put in the Eye.

> The Time Stone is currently on Earth, but that does not mean it came from Earth, given Agamotto and Oshtur's travels are (at least in comics) extensive.

> The Eye of Agamotto is needed for humans to be able to use it.

POWER STONE
> Eson the Searcher attacked Morag long ago, but the power stone was taken from him and stored away by Morag's now deceased civilization.

> That civilization may have been the beings who combined to use it very briefly...they used it to fuck up Eson, then hid it away in a secret temple.

> Ronan put it in his weapon.

> Star Lord was able to hold it without dying for a short time, due to having a portion of Ego's power. Like the Mind Stone it's killed pretty much every normie who touches it.

> AETHER
> The most pointless stone, the Aether was found by Malekith and ended up going through Jane. It was never on Earth; the convergence bought it here.

> The only "stone" that didn't kill a normie.

> Liquid form. Perhaps representing the fluid nature of reality.

> Due to TDW being shit, we know little about it.

SPACE STONE
> It seems Odin hid it on Earth, after it being in his vault, and prior to that being in the possession of other beings before Odin.

> Red Skull found it. It ended up in the ocean/ice after Steve Rogers crashed his plane with deferred survivors.

> Howard Stark studied it and it was a basis and inspiration for the arc reactor that Tony Stark would use to create the Iron Man armours.

> The Tesseract is not the stone, rather it is the means to use it, perhaps an Asgardian version of the Eye of Agamotto.

SOUL STONE
> Unknown location.

> Heimdall's eyes being orange does not mean he has it.

> It likely was not on Asgard as that is now gone.

> Wakanda might be its location due to the Black Panther and the herb seemingly being connected to souls (the Necropolis especially).

> Wakanda's Vibranium is the result of a meteor. So that came from space.

> It's even possible Vibranium is a by-product of the soul stone, and that the stone is located either in Wakanda or wherever the meteor came from.

Welcome to Power Stone War!

>Odin simply lost it
H E L O S T I T

The Soul Stone has to be on that orange-ish planet that we see in the teaser
It's where Carol is

does the mcu even acknowledge that all these stones are from some powerful god bitch?

No

>movies based on events centered on a planet
>its so dumb that events would happen on that planet
Are you gonna bitch that most of the characters are humans or human-shaped next?

We already got a version of the story that wasn't so Earth-centric and it was great

Speaking of which, are they gonna explain why Thanos bothered with Loki and the Chitauri?

To put it simply, they needed to bring the thanos plot line to a close before people stopped caring about it.

The Aether was most definitely NOT on earth. It was in another realm that was completely and totally sealed and the only way to get to it was via the convergence.

I think its very like odin put the tesseract on earth long before the eye made it there. Basically, Odin knew better than to have two stones there. The Ancient didn't give a fuck. It's well within the ancient ones character to not care for their on purposes.

And of course, mind only got there during the events of the movie.

Because only two of their movies series have taken place in space.
And I thought the mind stone came from Thanos, who gave it to Loki.

Wasn't there a fake eye of agamotto in the asgard vaults?

Maybe it was lifeless because they tried to use it and it killed everyone on the planet?

The amount of autism required to seriously believe your little NEET outsider opinion has more weight than an entire industry's multimillion dollar decisions and managements is something that will always amaze.

Be ashamed, please.

He gambled one of his stones to win another stone. In a deleted scene it's said that Loki can use the scepter to Command the Chitari -- in addition to taking over Hawkeye, it was probably used earlier by Thanos to bend the Chitauri hive Mind to his will.
youtube.com/watch?v=9m3NpkeTOmk

They hinted at the idea of the scepter being used in conjunction with the tesseract. Its clear they never intended both to be infinity stones, but they left it open enough that they could go back and make it that way. I'll go with the idea he needed the mind stone to get the space stone back though.

Earth is special in the comics too though?

>The Aether was most definitely NOT on earth. It was in another realm that was completely and totally sealed and the only way to get to it was via the convergence.
When Thor was traveling through the portals, Mjolnir was changing directions when flying to him. Those aren't other realms, but physical places in the universe.

>Those aren't other realms, but physical places in the universe.
>literally called the 9 realms

yes.....yes they ARE realms, that's what they are called in the continuity. I don't see why you're trying to correct this point. A realm is a physical place in the universe. Asgard is a realm, but not a planet. The Aether was on a realm hidden away. Every place we see in Thor Dark World is another realm.

Dormammu being interested in Earth can perhaps be pointed at the Demiurge and the mystic energies he imbued into the Earth.

Thanos is interested because is forces lost in New York.

I guess they wanted to give us an example of how big of a threat and risk these stones are before a more competent guy like Thanos gets his hands on them.

It was an ocean planet. The temple wasn't even exposed to the air very often, most of the time it was submerged.

>Those aren't other realms
I think you meant to say "Not other dimensions" The Nine Realms are absolutely "realms"

>3 of them are on Earth, one of the most primitive planets in the universe, for an extended period of time
I think you mean 2 of them. The Mind Stone was taken to earth shortly before the Space Stone left for Asgard. And Even the Asgardians must not have known the Sorcerers had the Time Stone.

Not really sure how Thanos flushed out the Aether in TDW. Seems the Convergence did that, with the help of Jane being stupid. But then, that seems to be halfway through when they were figuring out their "Infinity Gauntlet" plot. Nothing from before that points to that being their intention, just a "Thanos tries to get the Cosmic Cube" plot and a throwaway easter egg that appears for a frame or two in Thor.

Aida was able to create a tech-based portal because the Darkhold showed her how to.
Knowledge of extra-dimensional traversal has proliferated; way back when the Demogorge was wrecking the Elder God's, Set learnt how to create portals by observing Chthon doing so.

Has Tony ever made a stone powered armor?

In comics did Tony ever use magic in complement in his tech?

I think that's a strong possibility.

If the Vibranium carrying meteor came from the soul stone (Vibranium being a metal imbued with soul stone power, perhaps). Wakandans likely have figured where the meteor came from.

Where it came from would tell you where the Soul Stone could be.

Heck, maybe the Kree have it.

People who have one stone, tend to want the others. One stone was always on earth, but jerks with stones of their own keep showing up to take, just to get theirs taken way.

I suspect that part of the deal between the two was likely that once Loki's conquest of Earth was finished, he'd turn over the Cosmic Cube and the scepter back to Thanos.

Thing is he just failed, so not only did Thanos not get one, he lost the only one he had at the time (assuming he didn't already have the Soul Stone).

>Earth, one of the most primitive planets in the universe
You're fucking retarded

This
/thread

>The temple wasn't even exposed to the air very often, most of the time it was submerged

When was this explained? And why does Star-Lord's hologram thing make it appear is if people used to live there?

It was only 2 years between the Tesseract being introduced in universe (First Avenger) and being confirmed to be an Infinity Stone (The Dark World).

You really saying people were calling it an infinity stone when it was the only one?