Jake Gyllenhall Eyed To Replace Ben Affleck In THE BATMAN

>Director Matt Reeves is reportedly eyeing Jake Gyllenhall to replace Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman in the upcoming standalone film THE BATMAN. Warner Bros Pictures is allegedly studying two options for the transition: Setting THE BATMAN under their new Elsewords banner, which would mean losing Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth and J.K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon; or making it a prequel set before the events of BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

>It's worth noting that Affleck isn't out of the picture yet, although he recently revealed that he hasn't signed on for the movie and is looking for the best way to "segue out of the role".

comicbookmovie.com/batman/heres-who-matt-reeves-reportedly-wants-to-replace-ben-affleck-as-the-batman-in-his-trilogy-a155417

Year 1? Or the Long Halloween?

In any case, good riddance of Affleck. He clearly dosen't care about his character. No enthusiasm like Levi has shown.

I hope they never do year one we have Batman Begins for that no reason to retread. Long Halloween would be awesome though.

Looks like shit

History repeats it's self.
After Keaton did Batman with it's fresh take they tried to replace him with every big name actor they could throw it at. They all sucked balls.
Bale took the Batman movie mantle again with a fresh take and now they're trying to replace him with any and every actor they can muster up.

I love how barely 1 day after the release of JL every one is talking about the replacement of Ben affleck for the next Batman movie.

> Heath Ledger is the Joker
>Jake Gyllenhall is Batman

I'm sure this is totally true just like the "inside source" that reported yesterday it was gonna be Ryan Gosling

Why couldn’t he just be Dick as Batman?

I think we can agree it's not going to be Affleck though

You got memed, bro. That was a Sup Forums troll.

For the same reason they're not using Miles Morales in an actual Spider-Man movie.

General audiences only care about the real deal.

That was Sup Forums you fucking moron

too small. i know he can get ripped but hes not intimidating.

Because no one cares about Dick besides his fanboys.

Just change actors and never explain it like James Bond.

>THE BATMAN
That title is already taken!

NOT HIM! DAMMIT!!

I hate this little fag. After Darko all his films are trash.

You're an idiot. Possibly the same idiot that spams The Batman in every possible thread, but an idiot nonetheless

like pottery

I like Gyllenhall, but I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think he'd be a better Dick than Bruce.

I couldn't see Bale as batman, yet he did a good job as bruce wayne.
Acting skill is what matters.

I’d prefer Ryan Gosling honestly.

Wasn't Nolan also looking to Gyllenhall as his Batman?

Why does Batman look like the guy from American Pyscho?

I wish if an actor didn't give a stellar performance as a cape character in a movie that they be replaced constantly. Gives it kind of a theater feel that would mimic the way characters change between writers.

Imagine a studio having the balls to have a story like Spider-man Blue with a serious actor for Peter, but then next movie have wacky antics with Tom Holland again because Mysterio is the villain.

I think the goal (besides money) in growing these film universes is having the huge singular world of comics, but it loses the variety when they confine writers/directors/actors to homogeneity.

>Elseworlds banner
Holy shit when did this happen? Are we getting an Elseworlds franchise? This is actually pretty interesting?

I thought it just meant that the DC movies are gonna be standalone moving forward. Nice quads btw

It was first announced for some Joker origin movie.

>Hi, Batman. I'm Batman's love interest. Want to make out?

Guys

You think that there is going to be legit Elseworld stories like Red Sun, Kingdom Come, or Earth One? Or just stories with no connection to each other?

Jake is really good at being a sociopath, so this could be great.

my favorite batman

yeah but whose going to play barbatos ?

Jake is only 5’11”. How big will the heels be.

D I C K B A T S
I
C
K
B
A
T
S

So if they are going to go with a younger Batman then that means that all the other Batman family ages will be pushed down for the Batgirl and Nightwing movie?

Hopefully its just the one movie deal.

Gyllenhall is doesn't deserve to be relegated to comic book movies he's a great actor who shouldn't be so tied to one franchise because it might fail like the DCEU right now and look what happened to Affleck and Cavill's careers

A Batman who can really appreciate Huey Lewis and The News.

Oh shit Jake's going to die after this film isn't he?