Seems like the rivalry between Marvel and DC is actually getting heated up among the execs themselves; Marvel Comic's...

Seems like the rivalry between Marvel and DC is actually getting heated up among the execs themselves; Marvel Comic's division was shocked by Bendis leaving and DC's movie side feels humiliated by Thor Ragnarok's performance.

> The companies' friendly rivalry has turned a bit sour as star comics writer Brian Michael Bendis defects and Warners insiders fret about its A-list superhero team-up being overshadowed by Disney's "B character" in 'Thor: Ragnarok.'

>"If a B character from Marvel shut downsand outperforms the A-team from DC, that’s an embarrassment," a JUSTICE LEAGUE insider tells them, adding, "It’s going to be a stressful weekend for some Warner execs." It's easy to see why they're worrying, especially when the superhero ensemble is eyeing an opening weekend of $110 million compared to BATMAN V SUPERMAN's $166 million. THOR: RAGNAROK opened with a hefty $122.7 million.
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-dc-hopes-land-a-punch-marvel-1058409?utm_source=twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/931328139816452096
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-new-warriors-wont-air-freeform-series-will-be-shopped-1052696
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was not a particularly friendly rivalry on the comics side considering the open animosity and hostility from various Marvel writers towards DC, who for the most part did not return the rancor.

They bet their money on the Snyder horse and now they have to stick with it. Marvel took a shot with a cinematic universe build-up and could have faced bankruptcy if it failed. WB just hopped on bandwagons by trying to compete with them and getting a JL movie out as fast as possible.I feel nothing for the people who made this trainwreck possible, but I feel bad we're going to have to wait fucking years until DC characters have a proper cinematic universe on the big screen.

>Your pic
Looks like Diana's gonna get a headful of Mjolnir

the animosity has been around since Queseda joined, they literally had a thing where you could get a marvel comic free if you brought in a ripped up DC comic during that period, though DC comics didn't really seem to care it's settled down a bit but there still is some bad blood especially expressed on marvel's side. Movie wise, this is more WB's fuck up than DC they waited to long to try and compete with marvel, they rushed the franchises, they got directors and writers who sacrificed the core aspects and personalities of these heros that made them great for their own artistic interpretation or just had little investment in making a hero movie to begin with because they though Nolan would carry them.

user... Snyder is not- nevermind.

I say it as in the "style of filmmaking". Even Wonder Woman was trying to have the Snyder-isms so the movies would feel like they had a connected visual style.

That's what Warner gets for being idiots, MCU's success is partially because they took their time to build up what they currently have and they are at a point where they can put the d-lister and they will make bucks. Also Disney leaves Marvel Studios alone.

Warners needs to set up a DC Studios and put someone in charge that has actual passion for their characters.

Also Marvel Comics have no one to blame but themselves for their incompetence, Bendis is shit but he knew when to jump ship, lets hope DC knows how to control him.

This. For most of their history, it was more of a friendly rivalry than anything else. They'd make playful jabs at one-another, but it was all in good spirits, and they had a healthy enough relationship to do crossovers occasionally. The rivalry becoming a real thing was basically purely a Quesada-made thing done solely to try and boost Marvel sales. Even then it was a pretty one-sided rivalry, with pretty much the only real big counter on DC's end being the Dark Matter series, where Didio basically outright admitted was a move to try and swipe disenfranchised Marvel fans who're put off by their recent creative decisions like fucking over the Fantastic Four, marginalizing the X-Men, and ruining Spider-Man.

It hadn't been friendly rivalry for a whole lot of time now though.

Are people forgetting Quesada's RIP OFF YOUR GREEN LANTERN COVERS TO GET A DEADPOOL deal, just to stay mild?

>pic
Why though? Diana and Thor would be friends.

This, the only Avenger I can see Diana wanting to punch is Tony Stark.

But that is a normal reaction for just about anyone.

Remember how Bendis whined about how DC wouldn't let him do a Batman/Daredevil crossover right after this? And DC then whined back about how Daredevil wasn't an A-list character so he shouldn't be paired with Batman?

Everybody is so full of shit and I guarantee you Bendis has some Daredevil analogue ready and waiting to be written into the DCU. Badly.

>punching
>not ferociously fugging

I haven't seen either film yet and I'm not a publisher want who hates either for no reason. but the ThorR trailers had a fun tone to them, some humor, a pointy villain, and the idea of Thor ending up in some strange planet with short hair etc. that's enough to get me interested in what happens even if the film turns out to be meh

JL looks like a big generic punch fest with a unimportant enemy that only exists to have all those characters on screen hitting things. It looks like it has barely any plot, no credible enemy, and is just a hollow character showcase because reasons

the actual films might be different, but based on the trailers I would spend my cash on Thor before JL. and it seems most people felt the same

Keep dreaming, manlet

DC early on was willing to directly stomp on its competition (at least in the example of Captain Marvel outselling Superman, even though that wasn't *Marvel* Marvel) and..Hell, I remember there being *some* kind of deal where Marvel was only allowed to publish a handful of magazines back in the 60s and DC had some sort of pull in that, but I could be mistaken. S'been a while since I read up on this.

But even after Marvel became a direct competitor you didn't really see the pair taking huge swipes at each other; Superman and Spiderman had a team up, so did the Titans and X-Men and then there was the popularity contest/publicity stunt that was the Marvel vs DC and Amalgam. But it's been damn near twenty years since there was a crossover like those.

I kinda wish we could get back to that, and have a nice x-over comic (or hell, even an animated movie) every so often just as a sign of good faith.

She probably doesn't want herpes user, even if she is immune to it.

twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/931328139816452096
>media: if a book is pulled from the publisher by the author for a new publisher, it is not 'cancelled' so much as it is 'switching publishers.' not as sexy a click bait headline, but whatever. HUGE jinxworld news coming. VERY soon.

Meanwhile comic fans are dealing with a bittersweet situation with Bendis, people are happy he's leaving Marvel and can no longer damage their comic line while at the same time people are worried about Bendis completely fucking up DC's comic line.

The guy in charge of Marvel is a little bit bonkers, and extremely jealous, so it won't happen until he's gone

as if Thor ever had a chance in being as much as a challenge to WW

He only needs to lower his arm now

>a unimportant enemy

Truth.
Steppenwolf is like a third tier New God. He's a fucking midboss.

Snyder is completely responsible. The film is an incoherent mess because they tried to change his shit that audience deeply despised. They took a gamble on him, and it didn't pay off.

I would hi-five Tony.

It is a shame we aren't getting a DC vs Marvel anytime soon. It would be hilarious seeing how the DC characters would react to seeing current Marvel Earth. Any thoughts on what the reactions would be like if the swap out happened now?

Marvel was not at risk for bankruptcy with the ten picture deal they made with the banks. All the banks would get if they failed to pay off the loan was the movie rights to certain characters.

Why should audiences care about DC characters when Marvel is making movies with characdters that are analogous to the DC characters anyways?

Captain America has pretty much already greatly harmed the possiblity of future Superman fans. They just need Black Panther and probably Moon Knight, Daredevil, Nighthawk, Darkhawk or someone else similar to go after the Batman fanbase and then Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch to kill off the Wonder Woman fanbase. Black Panther is already a variant of Batman now. Batman will have close to zero black fans in the future. The Batman fanbase would probably be the hardest to kill off and they might not be able to completely kill it. They might just be able to greatly weaken it and get another similar hero to be about as popular however.

In addition to the Trinity, Marvel has and continues to go for even the less popular heroes. Nova Corps and Captain Marvel to take out the future Green Lantern fans. Iron Man of course already prevents any future Cyborg fans. Vision has pretty much taken up any future Manhunter fans and Adam Warlock will probably continue stoping any future Manhunter fans. Warlock may with Doctor Strange additionally stop any future fans of John Constantine and Doctor Fate. Scarlet Witch in additition to Wonder Woman helps prevent any future Zatanna fans. Of course they have Namor for Aquaman.Hawkeye functions to stop some Green Arrow fans.

The New Warriors is going to make the make Squirrel Girl the new Harley Quinn.

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-new-warriors-wont-air-freeform-series-will-be-shopped-1052696

>“tested through the roof and caught the attention of high-level Disney executives.”

>New Warriors, sources say, could be Marvel TV 2.0, with the ability to feature multiple spinoffs similar to the company's Netflix arrangement.

>All the banks would get if they failed to pay off the loan was the movie rights to certain characters.
And considering Marvel Comics is financially in the shitter while their movies are highly profitable, as well as them not being able to use any of the XMen, Fantastic Four, and it took Sony fucking up for them to use Spiderman, that's kind of a big deal.

Movie rights are incredibly valuable. They already lost three franchises to make movies out of, imagine if they had lost a roster like Iron Man, Hulk, and Captain America, too.

MAYBE. Just maybe, don't maybe your movies so shitty DC? Just a thought.

>implying Carol and Black Panther are stealing any potential fans

You do realize WB still releasing films and merch of their characters, right?

I'm actually glad Marvel doesn't have X-Men and Fantastic Four. It gave them the chance to give Guardians of the Galaxy a shot and it worked. Marvel has so many characters to utilize since they're forced to not use the F4 and mutants.

THIS

What DC should be focusing on are characters that don't have a parallel with Marvel and take their time to do it right. We can see a Teen Titans movie or a Doom Patrol or Metal Men or whatever.

>Bendis fucks off
>Fun but formulaic Quipnarok probably won't do too badly vs Pajeet League

I got no dog in this fight but that sure sounds like a win on both accounts

>The New Warriors is going to make the make Squirrel Girl the new Harley Quinn.
As long as it doesn't take influence from the modern I could see this happening.

This picture doesn't make sense.
The moment Thor has short hair, he already lost his hammer.

> Press on with cinematic universe they've already completely fucked sideways.

> WEH WHY ARE WE LOSING TO B CHARACTERS FROM MARVEL.

Wow it's like you can be genuinely retarded and be in an executive position.

Shut up, Dante

>Marvel comic free if you brought in a ripped up DC comic
What the fuck, why does Quesada have it out for DC so bad?

>it is impossible to like both Iron man AND cyborg
>it is impossible to like both Captain america and Superman
how fucking retarded are you? There is no doubt that marvel is trying to make their own batman with black panther, and will target dc batman fans, but that doesn't mean they're no longer going to be batman fans, you fucking idiot

>Thor is now Marvel's Aquaman

Hemsworth would look great as Aquaman