JSA Storytime: Man-Thing

Good evening owls,

still living that poem

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/11/16/a-classic-title-featuring-wonder-woman-and-batman-returns-to-dc-comics/?sf173431826=1&utm_term=.bd7084c6ad23
amazon.co.uk/God-Killers-Machivarius-Point-Other/dp/095499986X
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your guy got a variant cover on the latest TWS issue, OP. Dunno if you've seen it.

>Gerber's narrator voice is very impressed with himself

Aaaay OP
Aaaay thread

oh shit son

I didn't read anything yesterday

Hello, Storyteller.

>Liam Sharp is doing a Brave and the Bold mini, but with Wondy teaming up with Celtic myth characters
Oh hey, that sounds pretty fucking cool. Count me i-
>BUT ALSO BATMAN! YOU FUCKING LOVE BATMAN, RIGHT? THIS BOOK LITERALLY CANNOT SELL WITHOUT BATMAN. WE ARE LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO CRAM BATMAN INTO EVERY SINGLE BOOK WE PUBLISH! ... BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 :D
... Hm.

dammit windows photo viewer I just wanna see things in sequence

The way JDH draws them all Grifter comes across a little weedy, so I appreciated the Hitch cover.

I only read The Wild Storm to be honest, and this trippy French GN.

I'll need something to replace WW/Conan so I don't have to read Grail with special guests The Cast of Wonder Woman the Movie so I'm perfectly fine with it

Greg never had THIS kind of swag

Wild Storm was pretty cool, Batman Who Laughs was surprisingly neat

movies were a mistake, DCEU/MCU are cancer, etc

>Ross: has a secret science fiction lair inside a truck he can drive into
>Greg: makes his getaway by holding up and hijacking an ordinary truck
>Kurt: drives into the garbage and lies still until they call off the search

I've got some hesitancy about WW the brave and the bat but I'll give it a shot. There's a lot of cool things they could do and divine murder mystery is up my street.

they are all #goals

I mean, I'm still gonna read it, but goddamn this comes off as a total lack of confidence. Heaven fucking forbid an IP just have its own spinoff books, no, we HAVE to force Batman into it somehow.

The Wondy movie is still kinda riding on its positive reception, so it's entirely likely Diana's name alone will sell the thing just fine. This is wholly unnecessary, and kind of sad.

Sharp pitched it as a Wonder Woman and Batman team up

> So when Sharp was asked what he’d like to work on next for DC, he mentioned a Wonder Woman idea he’d had for quite some time: Mixing her Amazonian mythology with the legends of Irish and Celtic gods. The story would involve the death of an Irish god, and Wonder Woman would bring in Batman, the world’s greatest detective, to help investigate.

It's a murder mystery with a God so Dianna calls in her friend who is a detective, don't be so assblasted.

washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/11/16/a-classic-title-featuring-wonder-woman-and-batman-returns-to-dc-comics/?sf173431826=1&utm_term=.bd7084c6ad23

>It’s probably no real surprise that Batman continues to be DC’s most lucrative property, with 54 of their 100 placing titles being Batman or Batman-related (“Nightwing,” “Batgirl,” et al), totaling over 562K copies sold, larger than many publishers just with a single family. Those 55 titles are split with some 32 of them being “New 52”-era stories, and 23 of them being “classic” stories.
>Batman is DC’s most lucrative property, quelle surprise – a staggering forty-seven of the ninety-eight DC branded books are either directly Batman, or a member of his extended “family” (“Nightwing”, “Batgirl”, and so on), and account for 599k of DC’s sales.

buy other shit faggot

so what was good yesterday

I'm kind of underslept and worn out so we'll see how long we go here, shutting the PC off and reading a buk sounds nice

The Thor thread was fun with someone anons raging like Mangog was an Aaron OC and not a Lee/Kirby classic

LOL

Might see if I can get hold of this just to get a taste of Sharp as a writer: amazon.co.uk/God-Killers-Machivarius-Point-Other/dp/095499986X

A lot of his co-created or original stuff seems to revolve around the idea o gods and pantheons.

Super Shotas was amazing, I'm hoping we're gonna get Silver Age Superboy style shenanigans

Nightwing was eh, clearly Seeley is just trying to end it already

WW/Conan was great, it's been getting better every issue

sorry not sorry

F. A. Schist is up there in COMICS!!!! names

>Nightwing was eh, clearly Seeley is just trying to end it already
Poor Dick lmao
Hoping Humphries can at least make the damn title fun since Seeley's has just been getting more and more boring
And hoping he has ideas for Seeley's characters or can reuse some of Seeley's stuff so Dick doesn't get reset with a writer change like usual

That only makes it worse. Either the pitch was only accepted because Batman was in it, or the pitch was a dumb idea to begin with, cause the fuck is Batman going to contribute to a story about Celtic mythology. Also, cancer shipping, so y'know, that's a thing Sharp wants to do.

I have never bought a Batman comic in my life. I have never bought an issue where he is present in any way, because I have SOME fuckin' principles.

Storyteller approves of this image

also middle row is some amazing storytelling, I love it

Yeah, I'm the user who mentioned reading a bit of Testament that he did the art for. It seems like it could be a cool storytime (maybe for the vertigo guy), but too much of it would need to be edited to be blue-board friendly

>WW/Conan was great, it's been getting better every issue
Good to hear that Simone still has it in her to make a good book. Simone's Batgirl and newest Secret Six were bleh and her Image book is also bleh.

Though to be fair to Simone the Image book is mostly bleh because of the art. Her writing and story are alright I guess.

Also I forgot about Clean Room which was also good until the last 3-4 issues.

I liked CLEAN ROOM although it wasn't nearly the same without JDH

Maybe Batman will be revealed to be the Manx enchantress Tehi Tegi, who would lure men out into deep water and then transform into a bat and abandon them to be drowned.

Newer shit:
>new Millar/JRJR Kick-Ass run now releasing in February from Image
>VS by Ivan Brandon and Esad Ribic also in February
>new 5-issue mini Doctor Strange: Damnation from Nick Spencer, Donny Cates, and Rod Reis which is about Mephisto unleashing when Strange tries to repair Vegas; supporting cast are Johhny Blaze, Blade, Iron Fist, and Moon Knight
>Black Panther Annual #1, the first in a very long time, will feature Priest, McGregor, Hudlin, Acuna, Lashley, and more artists to be announced
>Jessica Jones will continue after Purple with a new creative team consisting of a female writer and TBA artist
>Marvel finally cancels two limping Icon comics from the same creative team to be never resolicited from the same publisher

Rob Williams being the guy who reviews his book in the Amazon blurb doesn't inspire confidence, but hey. Worth a look.

Also on the vague topic of mythology Colleen Doran has been posting a bunch of LotR fanart and I want her Tolkien book like yesterday.

>Jessica Jones will continue after Purple with a new creative team consisting of a female writer
oh boy Sup Forums will love this

I hope they go with Kelly Thompson because her Hawkeye is ok and she's the second best female writer at the big two right now behind Wilson desu fight me. Though Chelsea Cain is friends with Bendis so I can see her getting it so Sup Forums will REALLY love it if that happens.

Didn't PAD already fix vegas?

>Hudlin

oh shit John Lynch time???

reading wild storm now

mmmmmmmmeh

>consisting of a female writer
Did you not forget her name or did Marvel actually solicit the title as "by Female Writer"

Because I would actually believe the second

You now remember that Hudlin is going to be writing Static's book.

>mfw

>Bendis secretly continues to write for Marvel under a female pseudonym

>Did you not forget the name
Bendis said "leave that announcement to Marvel."

>DOOMSDAY CLOCK's latest promo is a pancake mix

They haven't solicited anything.

Bendis answered a question and said "she"

>truth told I was already leaving Jessica after purple, for a marvel project that is sadly no longer, and had already picked my replacement. she is amazing. I will not be updating you on marvel’s plans here as it is theirs to announce and certainly not my place. but do not take that as anything but me respecting the process. I am so happy for all m’babies next evolution.

also that Paul Kirk shoutout, love you Warren

>>DOOMSDAY CLOCK's latest promo is a pancake mix
they also posted a 40 second video of a plate of pancakes

Man, Bendis leaving really blindsided them, didn't it?

Also Bendis' Defenders will end at #10.

>thanks for all the defenders love today. these were all written before I knew I was leaving. its all so bittersweet. issue 10 is our big finale. it has an ending.

God I hope they just kill them all. Every single character he's created or had a major hand in, dead in one month.

I like that some DCU heroes are media properties in Wild Storm, like Martian Manhunter slay and Paul Kirk: Manhunter

I'm curious who'll be in Michael Cray after Barry

>though I will be relinquishing control next month I have been assured by my friends at marvel that miles, riri, Jessica and all the satellite characters around them will continue in fine marvel fashion.

yeah, it clearly did

I'm much less fond of the totally on the nose Evil Ollie, though. I don't believe in crossing the streams to that extent.

And there's another one for that, along possibly with GotG. Also its sales are nearly in the shitter.

Don't be so short sighted. Now that he's gone, someone can finally do something of value with Bendis' OCs.

Let Maria Hill be cool and show the capes what for, for once.

Have Riri be a proper mad scientist.

Someone please give Miles a personality.

the TV synergy bump didn't happen for that book at all, did it?

yeah

It feels like it was a sudden decision on Bendis's part, going by that BC article DC had been reaching out to him already and I'm guessing something at Marvel pissed him off enough that DC seemed really appealing

>"Brian, we're going to have to start editing your books again"

The theory I have the most faith in is that someone told him that at DC he could have a hand in movies while Kevin Feige got the comics people cut out of Marvel studios.

Yeah I guess taking over another universe, ruining all the characters, and trying to crawl up another corporate ladder would be appealing to him

He's always wanted to do TV and failed at it so yeah

I gotta say, this might be the balls-out craziest Foolkiller of the three

they should just ship him over to the TV department, it's not like he can make those garbage CW shows worse

Definitely what it is.

Prepare for a bunch of OCs so in 3-5 years Bendis can put them into shows and shit and get more money. Which if that's what Bendis wants, then Titans show that's coming up will be perfect for him. More characters from that franchise need a story that hasn't been told 20 times already and OCs and death are a staple of the franchise lol.

And his big break was Powers...a show you could only watch if you owned a ps4 and used a specific media app

How did that manage to fail !?

The progression is kind of interesting. Like Roy has his criteria and practice. Greg agrees with the practice but has his own, different criteria. Kurt adopts the same criteria and practice but the latter ultimately breaks him.

Both of the later two would presumably have FOOLED on this one though.

Hmm... I wonder if he'll be a creator that DC manages to convince to do a vertigo book instead of an Image/Dark Horse/Boom book.

can't imagine it not being set for success

y'all want another?

Sure, unless you want to rest.

They DID just put Doyle in charge of the line and are apparently working towards getting that line ready.
King and Simone also said that their Vertigo books were just "season one" so there's two more possible books that will come out of Doyle's reign.

Well, he went to the Cleveland Library and saw a Superman exhibit.

they're short issues and we're off tomorrow, so

Any news on who's taking Berganza's major fiefdom?

Bruce being related to some ancient tribe wouldn't be bad unless they go full Diggle-Constsntine. And you never go full Diggle-Constantine.

Hey OP. Wait, when did we stop being /FEAR/?

It's funny that the picture of Bendis at DC was apparently taken in the proofreading office, so someone has a sense of humor

>Any news on who's taking Berganza's major fiefdom?
Not yet.

Would are your guys' thoughts about Jurgens taking over as editor?
Do you guys think he could do a good job?

Because Bendis is salivating over Superman and ACtion Comics #1000 and #1001 are coming up... and sales for the book aren't as good as they could be.

ummm a few issues ago in the big story where we first saw Howard

Tomasi's been a very good editor in the past, himself

Someone safe, harmless. And, and I'm just gonna put this out there, someone female. I wouldn't complain, but corporate PR is oh so predictable.

That is, if their are any female editors at DC, I don't know.

Man-Thing's kind of cosmic barman position in the swamp all roads lead to is really great.

DC did say they have stuff planned for the 25th anniversary, and it probably won't involved Elaine being throatfucked by Barbatos like that one weird troll keeps saying

Watch them give SImone the job then if they want safe and female lol

Man, this dude must get triggered as fuck when someone wishes him a Happy Birthday.

Also, geeze, that's... that's kind of on the nose to a lot of mass shooters.

I miss the gleeful genre-bending/crossoverdom of these 70s comics

Nah, they need to be character assassinated by new Gabby Riveras. That's how you ruin a character.

"Jessica Chen" edits Supergirl and Superwoman, but I don't know how long she has been at that

>Clean Room season two
>Sheriff season two
>Bendis book with Doyle editing

Could be worse. Could be the last batch of Vertigo books they did because King and Simone were the only ones better than "okay".

I don't think I've bought a proper Batman comic since the 90s.

And even secondary books like Robin or team books I've just bought a handful of.

I think Rebecca Taylor's the undereditor on METAL, so mebbe?

so yeah getting a hotel room together if you didn't look married used to be hard/invasive in places

When my mom went to college, women weren't allowed to wear pants

we've come a long way, baby

Eh, I'd be okay with that. She's kinda getting a bit rusty as a writer, if I'm being perfectly frank here, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing for her to impose some order on a few books.

Goodness knows Diana, Babs, and all her other waifus would never be out of character again. Also, there'd be a lot more Doris. So much Doris.

>That is, if their are any female editors at DC, I don't know.
I kinda assumed the woman in the picture is an editor.

You guys ready for 11 more years of Slott's Spider man

>so what was good yesterday

I did not read that much.
Duggan Guardians is feeling a bit slow at the moment, but seems to be getting Secret Empired into the next big event.

I read three Spider-Books, the only one I would characterize as good was Zdarsky's. Slottmazing was almost salvageable if it weren't for the fact that Bobbi will inevitably try to murder Peter when she gets sexually bored of him.