Basically, this show has two sides battling for control. The more "classic" Rick & Morty adventures...

Basically, this show has two sides battling for control. The more "classic" Rick & Morty adventures, closer to the typical adult swim show (Dan Roiland) and the focus on the family/divorce (Dan Harmon). There are a few examples that sorta support this.

>Pickle Rick vs. The family therapy session
>Interdimensional Cable 1 & 2 vs. Family backstory
>Summer (Dan Harmon) criticizing all the senseless violence in the commercials, Morty (Justin Roiland) going off on her saying she shold stop being a sensitive bitch
>Morty Mindblowers instead of Interdimensional Cable 3, Rick deliberately saying this and breaking the 4th wall, and Summer saying "This is why you guys always fight and are behind schedule."
>First episode of season 4 has Rick being proud that Jerry is gone and wants to focus on more "classic Rick & Morty adventures"
>All of the drama bring erased in the last episode to make it "more like season 1"

Thoughts? Also, this is probably what the show would be more like if it was done only by Justin Roiland. youtube.com/watch?v=cM4b3-vDVvk

I think they've co-mingled well. The family thing was the over-arcing plot in S2 and S3. It built up and came to a head with the S2 finale, and got resolved over the course of S3.

>All of the drama bring erased in the last episode to make it "more like season 1"
Hahaha, Rick is FROWNING at the end. That drama shit has just STARTED.

They dropped enough hints that S4 will dive into the past and the overarcing plot will be about Rick's wife. They'll probably drop the bomb that none of these people are Rick's versions.

And, while that shit goes on, we'll have more wacky hijinks with psychological shock-jock value that we've all come to know and love or hate. No, for real, they blended those two things quite well in S3. You had the crazy shit with pickle-rick in the same episode you had a psychologist lay the smackdown. They did well.

They need to get rid of that leech Jerry and the show will improve 1000 fold

. . . There's 5 minutes of this?

I don't actually think the family drama is inherent bad. They're more likely to be bad than the Rick and Morty adventures, but they're definitely not some cancer that autistic youtube reviewers screech about.

I think the biggest problem with the family plots is that Rick and Morty are both funny; Beth and Jerry aren't. Jerry might be the funniest character in the show, but he's paired with the least funny. The title characters play off each other but there isn't an obvious weak link.

Why would they get rid of Jerry? He has so many of the show's memorable lines and jokes.

Compare him to Beth, whose sole purpose is to say "Shut up, Jerry" or "Jerry, get a job". Well, at least up until the writers retconned her into a sociopath growing up to be like Rick.

Why should they get rid of Jerry? They should get rid of the low-effort """jokes""" that flanderize him into just being a punching bag like Meg.

we already know they're not Rick's versions tho in season 1

Where was that confirmed? I missed it.

cronenberg episode, we're already at least one version removed

This. Shitting on Jerry is funny, but eventually it loses its edge and becomes genuinely sad a little.

two - remember the squirrels

Beth is the entire reason the family is living in a house. Jerry doesn't contribute for shit.

>adventures or family/divorce plot
Thats StarVS. R&M's two sided problem is Nothing matters and Please follow the plot.

>they blended those two things quite well in S3
On the contary, it was quite forced that this whole season felt like Reddit pandering except for few good episodes. Besides, anyone who genuinely enjoys Pickle Rick episode is a cancer and should be removed from the fandom.

>it was quite forced
it wasn't, it was a natural progression of character interactions established in the previous seasons
>his whole season felt like Reddit pandering
Maybe if you spent less time thinking about what does and doesn't pander to reddit you'd be able to see things unbiasedly based on their own merit and not based on what some discussion forum somewhere does or says.

>Besides, anyone who genuinely enjoys Pickle Rick episode is a cancer
>tfw too intelligent to enjoy a mad scientist murdering russians as a little pickle rat corpse mech

>should be removed from the fandom.
Wow, you're one to talk about cancer. What kind of scummy subhuman considers themselves part of a "fandom"? Absolutely disgusting

Who the fuck is "Dan Roiland"?

>Basically, this show has two sides battling for control
the show has writers and a network, those are the people in control

>it wasn't, it was a natural progression of character interactions established in the previous seasons
everything felt forced because the characters couldn't deliver two lines without breaking character or referencing shit it was completely awful, you can debate why it was so bad, maybe its the new writers, maybe its the old writers leaving, maybe its because they are women and maybe its because they had to rush through the writing process because the season was already delayed, i dont know and i dont care, it was harmons job and he fucked it up so its all his fault, i didnt wait two years for that crap

It would be better if dan harmon was kicked off the show. No one likes the beth and jerry subplots, and if they just increased the rick and morty plots it would all around be better

dont you find it suspicious that when people started blaming him he started parading himself around as rick and mortys creator? he even did a game theory episode for fucks sake
i think as soon as harmon is out he is finished, not even because a lot of fans hate him but because everyone in the industry hates him and nobody wants to work with him so he is holding to the show for dear life

>Itt: people who don't understand how writer's rooms work

>What kind of scummy subhuman considers themselves part of a "fandom"?
After starting a show you become the part of a fandom even if you like it or not.
>defending Pickle Rick episode
There is no hope for you. This is exactly what Dan Harmon tried to pander at. Maybe you’ll be more happy in r/RickandMorty while posting shitty coffeehouse chalkboard fanart.