Dark Knights Metal

What are your guy’s thoughts on it so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookreadingorders.com/marvel/event-timeline/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's fun, but it's too slow for something that's supposed to be Metal. The story is falling prey to the lore, just like every other high-concept thing Snyder writes. Despite being a huge Morrison acolyte, he doesn't have Grant's brevity when it comes to conveying ideas.

Grant Morrison: "Shit man it's the Megafucker and he has a robot dick!" Super fans will know his robot dick is a reference to the short-lived Megafucker: Dark Eternity solo where Megafucker met a future version of himself with a robot dick, but that's not important to the plot right now.

Scott Snyder: "Shit man it's the Megafucker with his robot dick! His dick is made of fucktanium that was mined in the mines of Pigshit mountain where Hawk and Dove once blah blah blah".

It's probably the least offensive event of the decade.

Too edgy.

We're already this deep in the story and the heroes have only had a single win, and even then that "win" might have only made things worse for the heroes. It's just a waiting game for Batman to get back and solve everything since we all know the other heroes won't win. Really there are so many things to nitpick I don't even know where to start, on there own a lot of the flaws might be overlooked, but they've piled up too much to look past.

>It's probably the least offensive event of the decade.
Slow down there boy, did you already forget CW2?

The sidebooks and tie-ins are a lot of fun. Main books is okay.

It’s so over-the-top crazy that it’s entertaining. Red Death fighting e1 Flash and Merciless Batman fighting e1 Diana were so extravagant.

It’s not a super serious event that will “change everything” in history. It’s just an event that’s the creative crew throwing weird stuff at the wall and having fun.

Batman should really be killed or locked up.
He is also a scrub without his Barbatos hax.
The Batwank is incredibly infuriating.
I am praying the image Snyder posted on his twitter means Supermen are going to come and help save the day.
OP Cyborg was pretty great this week.
The tie in's have been used well and the way I wish event ties ins were always used.
Damian hugging Clark is an eternal takeaway.
I really wish I saved that page.

Best Demon

Corny as fuck and completely uninteresting to me

It's like Steam Punk, little content and mostly surface. They forget the storytelling and just focus on style.

Bringing in The Sandman was an atrocity.

Stupid

>It’s supposed to be stupid, why do you hate fun?
But Metal isn’t the fun kind of stupid. What is it even trying to be besides another Bat-centric multiverse story?

I hope Bendis will at least make DC less focused on useless violence and apocalyptic events. The world can only be endangered so many times before it becomes resilient and jaded towards all the magic & alien bullshit.

>I hope Bendis will at least make DC less focused on useless violence and apocalyptic events.

Bendis was responsible for some of the more retarded Marvel events, don't expect things to get better

I'm a normie and I think it's super cool that the batmans from all the universes where he got super powers banded together to take over the world by fighting the current super heroes. The only bad part is I don't know that comic books exist so hopefully the release a cartoon about it sometime and then release a movie.

A complete waste of Morrison's interpretation.

I hope they'll form a multiversal justice league made up of the best heroes that exist on the same level of existence as the New Gods. And then they are completely forgotten about after next reboot.

So this is Batception? Also
Cable>Apocalypse
Batman>Barbatos
Or is Barbatos fos?

he said LEAST

Yeah, are you forgetting how the first thing he did when he started his Avengers run was kill off any character he didn't like and ruin another character's reputation for a decade because he also didn't like them?

It was on par with how the Teen Titans are treated in events. This guy will go out of his way to tear apart characters he doesn't care for or think are dumb. If he can get away with it, he'll kill them off. If he can't do that, he'll have them run around and act like a complete joke, even if they'd always been shown as being competent before. If he can't do that, he'll have characters comment on how pathetic they think that person is, even if it's out of character for them to be doing so.

Cautiously waiting for Morrison's issue, otherwise it's pure tripe.

except it will be revealed that barbatos is the dark multiverse version of dream aka nightmare.

But nightmare is part of dream

This. Events that "change everything" in general just backfires. It's a fun story until now.

>I hope Bendis will at least make DC less focused on useless violence and apocalyptic events
comicbookreadingorders.com/marvel/event-timeline/

Come on, nigga. Bendis loves crossovers

say what nigga

its fun, and silly-edgy. I like it.

I want to imagine Vic’s themesong was The Night Begins to Shine.

>It’s so over-the-top crazy that it’s entertaining.
This. Evil versions of people/heroes and alt universes really interest me, and this is fun in an over the top way so it doesnt come off, to me at least, as particularly flagrant

I saw a couple of anons saying the same thing. I didn't understand why though. Does it have some significance, or were they lyrics particularly appropriate?

Dumb fun. Will probably be forgotten in a few years.

Does Owlman fit in here somewhere?

Teen Titans Go. Also Snyder made a Spotift Playlist for Metal and Night Begins to Shine is in there. Each track is supposed to belong to a character. Guess who that one is supposed to be.

Yes. At the moment he is filling the essential role of bloody chunks on the face of the moon and the Mobius Chair.
Snark aside, considering all the BS with the Bat and Bird tribes, that would be a clever inclusion and something you would think Scott "Court of Owls" Snyder would have included.

I hate Scott Snyder

I'm enjoying it; it’s so edgy that it also becomes campy.

Ah, okay. Well that was actually kind of great.
>dose DKR mutant skeletons that looks like they got a pinch of parademon tossed in
As much shit as TTG gets, it has its legitimately great moments as a lover of Detective Comics Comics.

It's really fucking stupid but since it's pretty self-contained it's kind of entertaining to see what stupid shit Snyder will think of next. The Dark Knights were wasted potential imo. Batman Lost was actually really good at least.

Overall it's kind of like AXIS to me.

It's shit. The story has no dramatic weight. The bad guys are way too overpowered for there to be tension. I literally don't give a shit what is happening on the page. For every good idea this event has, you get five bad ones. I don't understand how this is supposed to be fun when it's so void of any substance. Outlandish concepts and gimmicky fanservice moments does not a good story make. I enjoy trashy dumb blockbuster stuff as much as any capeshit connoisseur but this is just bloated, dumb fanwank shit that is dull as hell.

Like, take baby Darkseid scene. It's ridiculous, yes, but it's so disconnected from anything and it's such a throwaway thing it's rendered meaningless. It's not funny. And there's no character focused drama, instead it's a collection of bunch of different people running around and being constantly bamboozelled by the bad guys, who have very little identity of their own, and it's all building up to something entirely random and vague. And there are no stakes. Oh no, several cities are basically decimated! If I don't connect with the victims, where is the tragedy? A giant mountain transported on top of Gotham? Um, okay? So it's the Challengers mountain, big whoop. Why is that exciting? Why is it in Gotham? It's so nonsensical

Go read this exact same thread in the archive. Plenty of thoughts in those. Has to be a good two or three word for word copies of this.

Though I guess it's better than the upteenth CGI or Rotten Tomato Sup Forums thread.

It's the type of shit that Batfags and retards will lap, fulfilling more than anyone's unnecessary yearly quotient of Batwank for the next few decades with just an excessive, if underwhelming onslaught of crappy books.

no it won't be

>The main villain is an embodiment of preptime and plot armor for batman, who pretty much tells batman how worthless he is
>Batman's stupidity almost dooms the multiverse
>Judging from the reactions of Steel, hawkgirl and even nightwing, he isn't walking away without repercussions
>The villain's knights are an embodiment of batman oversaturation and reflect the fact that he's full of fears and weaknesses
>Characters like Dr Fate, detective chimp, cyborg, hal jordan and even Dream of the endless are getting their time to shine

People saying this event is mere batwank probably only saw the cover

>Muh Sacare cow

>saying this event is mere batwank probably only saw the cover
user, Batwank doesn't need to exclusively refer to Bruce Wayne of Earth 0. We are talking about an assemblage of Batmans who have defeated the rest of the Justice League and taken control of their worlds in another multiverse working alongside a Bat demon who preptimed Batman, and even drops a 35 minutes ago when he revealed to him that it was because of his aid and manipulation that Bruce Wayne has been as competent as he has been. Earth-0's Batman is getting clowned on, but the antagonist of the event are doing as well as they are with little pushback because of the event's Batwank.

I love seeing Cyborg with that Kirby Crackle, but wish they went full Power of Shazam and made Cyborg into a New God, with a NEW DESIGN, and being 100% fused with the SourceElementX , to the extent that he can traverse Hypertime AND the Multiverse, itd make for an intersting "Become the New Yuga Khan" arc in his solo

I think it's great so far, I've been having a blast with it and Murder Machine, Merciless, and Batman Who Laughs have all been great
What was that CYBORG ONE MILLION thing about, though? Any ties to DC One Million or was it just a >9000 power level psuedojargon?