Gems are perfect

Gems are perfect.
They don't require food or sleep.
This alone is huge.

What would you do if you became like a gem not requiring food or sleep?
Would you want to sleep or eat even if you have no need for it?
For me its a huge wast of time and if I no longer needed sleep I would simply not wast time with it.

What do you think of Steven and the show who somehow think that the human necessities and wasts of time are fun and great.
What of the author who made the aliens this level of perfect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjcN_5aYOuA
dailymotion.com/video/x3be5ii
physics.stackexchange.com/questions/122993/do-airlocks-in-space-decompress-violently-as-they-do-in-movies/123002#123002
youtube.com/watch?v=pmJ8tXTcCfE
youtube.com/watch?v=4ak_pvGqDyw
youtu.be/21wKryhrf2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's kind of dumb how Rebecca thinks being a human is super great over being a gem. In an interview when asked if she'd want to be a gem over being a human, she was against it.

It would suck if your default form was super fat and ugly though, as you can't change it permanently since shapeshifting can only hold for so long and reforming only changes your clothes and hair.

snug gems

Gems are super fucking stupid though

i wanna snuggle with amethyst.

I wonder what cuddling a gem would feel like.

The are far from perfect.
But yes, their physiognomy does come in handy.
I personally would get myself hired as a nuclear engineer specifically for work under radiation.
I could be on pay 24/7, do whatever in downtime and go in for whatever they need me to do for however long and dangerous it has to be because I am practically immune to radiation and other hazards and will never make mistakes due to inopportune hours. Imagine, Rubies could just go and touch fuel rods with their hands, no matter how hot they are.

I would love to become a Jasper

So you can suffer and get used as Lapis and the writer's punching bag?

>bottom left

just so cute.

>In an interview
I like a link to this.
I disregard all interviews, they might be damage control from her since you get enough degenerates who want to be turned into animals(furry, MLP) or robots without you openly encouraging them in interviews.

However most shows
Star Trek Vulcans (massively increased life span, incredibly augmented strength)
DBZ Namekian (incredible regeneration powers)
Do suggest that these races/species/whatever are superior to humans however they never openly say it and they never suggest that humans are better then these obvious superman because of our flaws.

Its kind of stupid to wank up your race to the levels they did with gems.
Vulcans are basically humans only stronger and with 300% more lifespan.
Namekian still age like humans.
Maybe fiction writers in the past did have some restrain about not making their races to OP.

The gems not requiring energy is beyond any doubt the most OP shit ever.
Because it basically makes the gems run on perpetual motion.
Even solar power robots need to worry about catching sunlight to feed or if they are getting enough sunshine.

However plot lines like:
>Humans are so great because we sleep
Or
>Humans have such creating things like eating and they created foods
Are stupid beyond help, its like saying a species that need to hibernate in the winter is somehow great for having this biological need.

Its dumb in the extrema.

>The are far from perfect.
I know I needed a snappy title to get my point visualized.

Without the need to sleep i spend the time doing different stuff like having walks or seeing how the city looks at night time.
Then I can watch movies(DVD/internet is not restricted based on what time i have now) or simply play video games (thanks to the internet i can play with people who have the daytime now).
I sleep because I need to, most of the times I don't get dreams and if somehow magiclay I can eliminate the need for sleep I do it.

>practically immune to radiation
I be careful about this.
This is a unknown, we know gems can survive space with zero problems however the slightest damage to the stone is practicality fatal for them.
They start to glitch and deteriorate.
What radiation will do to their stone is a unknown.

The danger of radiatio to humans is ionization that influences chemical processes within the cells.
To damage a Gem you need to physically damage their crytalline matrix from my understanding.
So unless they get exposed to incredible amounts of radiation, they should be just fine.
I mean, they don't deteriorate under normal Earth radiation level over 5k years. And we haven't seen them scar when the stone is scratched or anything so they should have regenerative abilities that can deal with normal wear.

You are an autistic faggot.

make it two things namefag

Gems are essentially immortal, which is cool, but they're also retarded, prone to infighting, and easy to crack or shatter (and shattering disperses your conscious into a hellstate for eternity) so idk. It's like asking would you rather die and never suffer again or live forever with a slight chance of suffering for eternity.

>radiatio

Have you seen what radiation will do to a computer?
Look up Cosmic Rays VS computers.

It can end up in glitch city.

They seem to at least require something since their gem seems to have to stay exposed. And they suck up a shit ton of nutrients before they are finished being formed, so I imagine that would last for quite a while.

>gems are stupid
Eh, not necessarily to the degree where it makes them balanced.
They can do practically anything a human can but better with at least average intelligence. They're pretty much twilight vampire tier and arguably even worse.

radiation can physically damage the crystalline matrix
that's a thing
that's a big thing

So are Steven Universe humans though.

>have to stay exposed
Interesting I say its only a creative choice because unless you can see the gem they look exactly like humans with colored skin.

Or you can throw it to the way they form their holographic bodies.

>And they suck up a shit ton of nutrients
Not even atomic batteries stay working this long.
And I know my atomic batteries.

There are 3 options:
1) Gems literally work on perpetual motion.
My interpretation, breaks physics hard.
2) They are not perpetual motion they only constantly absorb something like a solar panel.
This is not contrary to physics however problematic.
Based on canon this is unreleasable because:
If they absorb solar energy the concept of food or eating should not be strange to them.
The gems should actually be obsessed with gathering it or staying in solar energy.
Conversations like
>I need my sunshine
>Not today I need to catch this light
>I like to go however today is this perfect sunlight
>Sorry I'm not going on a mission my accumulators are practically dry

Think captain planet style where not getting sunlight for to long is detrimental to them.
This angel would be interesting a mixture of extrema sunbathing obsession that a fixation that goes further and is ingrained into their culture.

Not only this depending how big their accumulator are they might need to take long recharge times.
Something that is not demonstrated and the gems are even puzzled by the concept of eating.
[to be continued]

The only other explanation is that the gems absorb some different energy
>Radio waves
(everywhere, insignificant energy IRL, not blocked like the sun)
>Hyperspace/warp/extra-dimentional made up bullshit radiation that is everywhere in the universe and can be taped at will
However
This is problematic because the gems seam to be unaware of this or not even think about it and this might be dangerous if they have no idea how their bodies actually work.
comments like
>Humans are so primitive their bodies don't absorb the massive, incredibly powerful all penetrating hyperspace radiation like we do
Should be commonplace yet the show is not presenting this.

3) Actual battery.
This means that they can never recharge their power (unlike a accumulator) they are like a energizer bunny ruining around and with every step they their power reserves are used up.

This is not really presented in the show however it might be revealed in some point and I would not be surprised.
This is not indicated for now.
Even if this is true the gems can live for over 5000 years and this is ridiculously OP compared to humans or even other fictional wanked up races.

>They can do practically anything a human can but better with at least average intelligence
I have to agree.
They can do it all and even better, stronger and more abilities.
Making your fictional "species/race" more powerful makes your writing look crap.
Especially if you go out of your way to wank it out of proportion.

What is it with this trope that every alien is superior to humans in every physical and biological way?
What are the examples of aliens who are inferior to humans?
You really need to dig deep to find them.
The only ones that come to mind are
Star Trek Voyager Ocampa
Who live something like 10 years only making humans a far long lived species.

Are there even balanced aliens or is practicality every alien written to be stronger, smarter and have more powers then humans?

What about the Cabal from Destiny (or from whichever franchise it hails)?

their physical forms use light, so it would make sense that would be what ultimately fuels them. and they use advanced technology, to the point of seemingly magical shit. it seems to me that they just suck up a shit ton of nutrients into a super compressed form and just generally recharge via radiation/light/etc. It was mentioned in the flashback episode with babby Steven that his gem "needs air" or something when Greg tried to cover Steven's gem with clothes. obviously he was just guessing, but there has to be a reason why covering the gem caused discomfort

I'm interested however I have no idea what you are talking about.
>Destiny
Like the shitty Star Gate series that ended Stargate?
I did not watch it except for a handful episodes because it was shit.

>a species that has achieved intergalactic travel is superior to a species that has barely even left their own planet
pretty sure a human could beat the shit out of a ruby anyways

you just posted 3 reasons why you wouldnt want that

>Steven's gem with clothes
>that his gem "needs air"
Interesting I re-watch it.
From what I remember it was about Pearl almost killing the baby to get Rose back.

The only problem is that Pearl and most gems don't act like they know about it.
They seam not to understand or be surprised that humans eat.
They don't mention that they absorb neutrinos or anything.

The intelligence of fictional characters are limited to that of the writer

I have no idea how to interpret your green text.
I was talking about physical superiority not technological.
a caveman is physically superior to modern humans except the top athletes and has more muscle mass.

>pretty sure a human could beat the shit out of a ruby anyways
I'm 50/50 about this.
If the writing was not shit and the ruby where not written like absolute retards then a ruby should be able to beat every human.

SU humans are retarded to a level that is impressive and SU humans are far more retarded then the most retarded gem.

I'm pretty sure Peridot infers that gems can eat, but don't need to do it constantly since they don't expend resources as much as humans do. Can't remember the exact episode, but it was when she was bitching about how inefficient human bodies are.

technological superiority will inevitably lead to physical superiority. gems are created, so it wouldn't be surprising they got more efficient at the process the more they advanced. we're reaching that point with things like CRISPR and prosthetics.

>It was mentioned in the flashback episode with babby Steven that his gem "needs air" or something when Greg tried to cover Steven's gem with clothes
Re-watched it.
Its basically Greg saying it to himself/the baby.
>obviously he was just guessing
Yes and Steven is not a gem he is some human hybrid.

I take it that gems or baby Steven dose not like stuff to touch his stone.
Because ruby can exist in space with no air.

Also gems can apparently talk in the vacuum of space.
Unless gem speak in radio waves this is impossible.

there was also explosive decompression when they opened up the moon base, despite it only being about 1 atm difference. they take a lot of liberties when it comes to physics

so basically.... so they're a race of Mary Sues.

>but don't need to do it constantly since
pearl says and implies with her actions that gems don't need to EVER eat.
Pearl did not eat anything since her creation.
youtube.com/watch?v=kjcN_5aYOuA
Full episode skip to 02:30.
dailymotion.com/video/x3be5ii

>despite it only being about 1 atm difference
Time for the mantra.
>Contemporary science has no data on the effects of "air locking" a body into the vacuum of space.

>Mary Sues
more like
Mary Sues amongst Mary Sues.

PS:
I hate the word Mary Sues practically every fictional hero is a Mary Sues yet no one calls them out on it.

Why do gems have mammary glands?

Fun fact.
The moon base decompression is unrealistic in the sense that everyone did not immediately get thrown out or died/got shattered by the forces.
physics.stackexchange.com/questions/122993/do-airlocks-in-space-decompress-violently-as-they-do-in-movies/123002#123002
>being shoved by this outrush is to suffer the same order of impulse as you would being hit by a car.
>being hit by a car.
>hit by a car.

Sparklechildren need to be purged.

>Sparklechildren
What? What are Sparklechildren?

it's literally just air, man
imagine a 200 mph wind
it's like that

They're all magical gem rocks made to takeover planets.

>200 mph wind
Pictured 200 mph wind:
youtube.com/watch?v=pmJ8tXTcCfE
youtube.com/watch?v=4ak_pvGqDyw
youtu.be/21wKryhrf2k

it's easier when you:
A. are an immortal hard light construct with immense strength
B. have anything at all to hold on to
C. are magic
What was shown was fairly accurate for what would happen with a 1 atmosphere decompression

>Literally just air

>All of this stuff about scientific inaccuracies.
It’s just a show, you should really just relax.

yeah
air
at roughly one atmosphere as a guess

but it's fun to complain about it

>They don't require food or sleep.
Neither do these things and they're exponentially better than Gems.

>Implying you can fuck a shadow
>Degeneracy much?

Hello Sup Forums can you elaborate what these things are and why they are better then gems?
I'm curious because I never played these games and the wiki is starting with some
>The Heartless (ハートレス Hātoresu?) are beings of darkness that manifest in two forms, "Pureblood" and "Emblem". While most Heartless are, in fact, manifested hearts, they behave entirely devoid of emotion, and thus were named "Heartless"

There is no afterlife in Steven Universe so being consious forever is way better than becoming nothing.

>not wanting to fuck a shadow

they're the mooks of kingdom hearts.

>Implying you can fuck a Shadow.
Who said anything about fucking a Shadow? You could fuck a Defender or one of these if you wanted to.

And they're basically an interdimensional virus that can destroy universes, that can only destroyed by a certain weapon or powerful sources of metaphysical goodness, and can exist so long as a single person remains evil.

Kryptonians are one of the better aliens in DC, most DC humanoids are shit tier jobbers just like humans.

Why hello there Timon I didn't know you shitposted here!

Ok pic related I wouldn't mind fucking
And my pic related

I would still eat but fuck sleeping.