Adventure Time

>new episode announced for Summer 2018.
>it's a fucking Minecraft episode

JUST

regularcapital.tumblr.com/post/167591189280/minecraft-themed-adventure-time-episode-to-premiere-summ

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.net/minecon.
twitter.com/HypraSeaPea/status/888654004065943552
thefutoncritic.com/showatch/adventure-time-with-finn-and-jake/listings/
mobile.twitter.com/goatssoda/status/931434243120492544
youtube.com/watch?v=1h7JQkiMU2c&feature=youtu.be&a=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I remember Tom Kenny tweeting a while back about working on something AT-related after they'd finished the last recording session for season nine. Maybe this is what he was talking about. I've never been interested in Minecraft, but I'll still check this out.

This better not air after the intended series finale and take all the wind out of it.

>The brand new episode is expected to premiere sometime during Summer 2018.

>Fans of Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time and the Minecraft community will have a first look at the special collaboration episode tomorrow (Saturday 18th November) during the Minecon convention. The annual Minecraft event will be streamed online from 12pm EST (aka New York/East Coast USA Time) on Minecraft’s website – minecraft.net/minecon. A preview of the episode will be uploaded onto Cartoon Network USA’s YouTube channel and social media accounts after Minecon

How likely are we to get a camrip of this episode because someone at Minecon will film it?

So basically a shit Guardians of Sunshine

>he kept watching AT after 2014

STOP, STOOOOOP
IT'S ALREADY DEAD

>he kept watching SU

>Minecraft hasn't been relevant since 2013
>Adventure Time hasn't been good since 2013
Pottery

*inhales*

Well Telltale manage to get two seasons out of Minecraft so this isn't very suprising.

Minecraft is still popular. It's not dated

Yikes.
Love the show, but wew.

> Minecraft hasn't been relevant since 2013
You are vastly underestimating how big shit gets when it comes to the game franchise.

DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

So, the Minecraft episode won't be part of the final 12 episodes left to close out the series? Is it just gonna be a unnecessary, standalone "special episode"?

What a weird as fuck move.
I can't wait for Adventure Time to have some weird as fuck abstract ending where Finn sacrifices his soul essence to save all of creation then a few months after that the show comes back to do a Minecraft episode.

I think it's more surprising that they're doing this with Adventure Time, a nearly 8 year old series that's on its death bed, has been bleeding fans over the past few seasons, and the network has been trying to make viewers forget about for a while now.

I guess they want to put it with a big name that people know about? I'm pretty sure even with it becoming less popular over the years AT is still the best known recent CN show.

Minecraft would probably fit better with Gumball or KO.

what the fuck and why
this is so pointless

I can't be surprised by anymore stupid decisions, I said. I've come to expect everything, I said.

The mashup pack was pretty dope.

Honestly I'm surprised there hasn't been a Minecraft cartoon.

That's my assumption.

The crew finished their work last November. Everything is done, including the animation. Most of them moved on to work on Summer Camp Island.

The Minecraft episode was probably made after Mojang released the AT pack for the game, and Tom Kenny said at SDCC that he and the crew finished recording a standalone episode days before SDCC

twitter.com/HypraSeaPea/status/888654004065943552

That's probably not too far off, user

It'd still be the dumbest idea ever to go ahead and hold it over until after the series has officially ended. Then again, it IS Cartoon Network...

Why the fuck not? Sure it dipped in shit but came back up.

>he watched SU

At least Steven Universe went somewhere.

>watching AT for plot
It's just more entertaining than SU

Is this thread on auto sage?

I think the board is fucking active today, in an hour a thread might be archived.

>Su faggot thinks it's ok him to say what's good and what isn't

Adventure Time should have ended after Season 2.

I'm a she, actually.

After the Final Fantasy parody I'm suprised they haven't made a minecraft joke already.

I thought this shit got cancelled

it pretty much did, they're making a Minecraft episode even though the people working on the show finished a while ago. they're just doing this for the bucks.

I just fucking realized this is literally a fucking "VA only" production, minimal animating if any. They could seriously just fucking do gameplay.

Good god. I stopped watching AT a while ago but no cartoon deserves to go out like this.

I stopped watching AT after the thing with The Lich altering time by making a wish to the silhouette time guy that made the Ice King stop the bomb or something. Has it still been good since then?

You dropped out like 5 years ago I think, that's far too many episodes to generalize. Sometimes it was good, sometimes bad, sometimes impressively horrible and sometimes pretty amazing.

>GOLB is the final boss

How the fuck are they going to stop him

That doesn't sound right, I don't think they're gonna just make like a machinima or something in the Minecraft engine. I was figuring it would be like the guest animated episodes where the animation is like Minecraft and stuff.

>5 years ago
Jesus Christ, your right. And the show is about to end? I guess this means I can watch the rest now.

they're gonna defeat him by pouring a bucket of lava on him

You're acting as if a kids cartoon doing something else with a popular kids game wasn't meant end in a manner for kids.

No dude. Sand trap pit.... Then lava.

Also

>Fern redeemed

That's a pretty nice drawing, real cute

OH FUCK

Finale when?

Next year

What if he erases both? He can erase anything

What about my right?

>At least Steven Universe went somewhere

With autism.

as long as bubbline is trashed i have no problems

>summer camp island
it'll tank because of the artstyle and not being able to ride off the coattails of a successful show and lesbians

>a she, actually.
uh no sweetie you aren't

Guys, new bomb announced. December 17th.

Seventeen (7:00pm): A mysterious knight crashes Finn's birthday bash and presents him with a dangerous gift.

Ring of Fire (7:15pm): When an old flame comes calling on urgent business, Tree Trunks reconsiders both her wild past and her tranquil present.

Marcy & Hunson (7:30pm): Hunson Abadeer returns to Ooo to bond with his daughter Marceline, but will he be able to prove he's changed his soul-sucking ways?

The First Investigation (7:45pm): Finn and Jake are tasked with investigating reports of a haunting at Joshua and Margaret's old office.

thefutoncritic.com/showatch/adventure-time-with-finn-and-jake/listings/

>The First Investigation (7:45pm): Finn and Jake are tasked with investigating reports of a haunting at Joshua and Margaret's old office.
That sounds really cool, I would like it if that goes into their backstory

I see you discordfag

I assume they are just going to burn these off in 4 episode chunks until it's over.

a cartoon and videogame 6/5 years past its prime

this is rather fitting all thats missing is a few homestuck references

As long as it is just a standalone episode, I don't see the problem. AT has had guest animators (albeit not very good ones) and they turned out alright.

>AT has had guest animators (albeit not very good ones)
Masaaki Yuasa, David OReilly and the Baman Piderman people are that bad to you?

bump

They won't. Everyone will die. Crushed beneath the Wheel.

>At least Steven Universe went somewhere.
Yes to the gutter

lemme get this straight.

they made a Minecraft machinima styled episode for Minecon.

and they are gonna air it officially, like 9 months later?

that does sound retarded.

Post pics

So that Adventure Time movie got canned?

OH, SHIT. Is this a shirt that was given out exclusively to the Ooo Crew? Looks like a Tom Herpich drawing, too. Where/when was this posted?!

Sweet.

mobile.twitter.com/goatssoda/status/931434243120492544

o god no,being an adventure time fan is the worst,last good thing i saw was stakes,i should drop this cartoon nut i dont have the guts,i think i suffer stockholm syndrome at this point

I think it got made into one of the miniseries

>"cut your dick universe" fan trying to get any sort of high ground against the human race

>stakes
>last good thing
ABSOLUTELY incorrect

>Finns birthday

I forget, is he gonna be 16, 17 or 18 now?

>Implying Islands wasn't super enjoyable.
>Implying Elements wasn't good.

>Hunson Abadeer returns to Ooo to bond with his daughter Marceline, but will he be able to prove he's changed his soul-sucking ways?
muh needing to prove yourself to your daughter

This plot device gets really tiresome.

>Watching steven universe
please, kill yourself already.

Straight from the Minecon livestream (with Will Arnett being cringy as fuck)

An animatic was shown with Finn and Marceline interacting (finally) with each other

youtube.com/watch?v=1h7JQkiMU2c&feature=youtu.be&a=

I'm cringing

>A little lump destined for something big

Oh jesus.

>Coming in 2018
Well that's just fan-fucking-tastic now i have to wait to be dissatisfied.

>production code is 289
Looks like this is separate from the 16 episode final season (adam said there would be 284 eps counting shorts, and the production codes jumped forwards by 4 mid season 5 due to the cancelled tv movie)

Do you think this really is from the finale or is it just random art?

>tfw an episode in and of itself becomes a poochie
w e w

The dude wants to retire and he can't trick his amulet onto his daughter again. If he wants Marcy to take over the family business he's going to need to be on her good side.

DUDE PB AND MARCY HAHA

C'mon man, try glancing at the episode title

>PB in background
they really can't have them apart now can they?

While I would prefer if it didn't exist this doesn't look too bad, but I did die inside when Marceline said bonemeal. It's completely out of place in AT's timeless style to have an episode dedicated to the hit game Minecraft™ from Microsoft.

Hopefully it will at least be funny and maybe they can do neat stuff with the blocky Minecraft style they're in.

>Enderman
So is Finn going to fight a dragon?
Cause this'll probably be worth if if he at least fights that dragon.