Is King right? Does Selina has what it takes to take on Talia?

Is King right? Does Selina has what it takes to take on Talia?

No. She's just a burglar. Talks is literally the head of the League of Assassins.

Based King

Arguing about whether Catwoman could beat Talia is besides the point, Catwoman managing to get a win in on Talia is a good story because Catwoman is an underdog.

The problem isn't that Catwoman won, it's that she won in a straight up honorable 1v1 sword duel without any trickery. It was both unbelievable and boring.

>Catwoman managing to get a win in on Talia is a good story because Catwoman is an underdog.
That's not how it works.

Tom KIng is a cunt.

Neither of them should be much for fighting. Selina is a thief, Talia was raised to produce an heir. She would have been educated, trained, but she's not a warrior.

I think Selina would win, but she'd do it by cheating, which is perfectly in character for her

Learn eng op

I considered that at first and was about to say it when I realized that Catwoman has to run and keep up with the standard Gotham freakshow, including Bats. Not that the League deals with simple normal assassin shit, but Selina definitely benefits from the sheer craziness of her environment. It also means that Talia would have less to freak her out with, at least 1v1.

>That's not how it works.

That is how just about every good Batman fight works. Seeing a hero against overwhelming odds is inherently compelling. It just needs to make sense in the narrative, which Catwoman's sword fight doesn't

Taila beat Batman and No batman is not better then Taila because Taila was Trained by lady shiva who was her bodyguard in Batman hush. lady shiva could bring down the whole bat family with no effort.

I see I made no mistake in dropping this run as soon as his Not-Superman OC beat the entire Justice League.

>Seeing a hero against overwhelming odds is inherently compelling
No it isn't. It's entirely reliant on the skills of the writer to make it compelling.

Honestly though he'd probably block anyone who told him why it's not just stupid to compare it's downright, and I almost never say shit like this, offensive to both characters. Catwoman is not a world level assassin. Growing up in the street IS NOT comparable to growing up with a group of assassins telling you they want to kill you, actually acting on those threats daily.

To have them fight over batman, to have catwoman beat talia after she'd easily beaten batman only makes King's own bullshit catwoman asspulls in IASuicide and IAGotham less bullshit. It does nothing for either character to engage in this fight OVER A DUDE'S DICK while making catwoman the feral street cat and talia the silver spoon beaten princess.

I almost don't know how to express my problem with it because I usually laugh at shit like that. But he does it with EVERY character. Fundemental changes just to suit HIS story. Making Riddler an imposing person, providing him a physical capability to exert his superiority, takes away from the fact that he had to become mentally superior in order to protect his frail self. he's supposed to be the nerd the beat the bullies up because he could Home Alone the fuck out of them. Not the chad who chose to stop throwing hands because being smart was more intriguing.

Making Talia less of a fighter than Catwoman takes one of her major strengths (she's one of the worlds best) away from her to do NOTHING for catwoman who isn't and shouldn't be able to beat batman hand to hand. Otherwise why would she ever have run?

None of the changes he makes to any of the characters serve anything or anyone but King and his precious "story".

Nice Mary Sue you have there, Tom.

Catwoman won because Batman likes her and Talia had to rape him.

Talia is a cuck and that means Selina wins.

>being a power level faggot

>Being Tom King
Mister Miracle is shit too.

Lady Shiva is a meme. Got soloed by Jason and by Tim.

Asshole.

I think Talia's love for Bruce caused her to hold back. At the end of the day she's just disinterested in the whole situation and had no reason to actually try to kill Catwoman. Especially because of Bruce.

I never said I liked King, far from it, he and his fans are fuckawful, but if you're going to criticize him, use a valid argument, like his stilted, repetitive, unconvincing dialogue for example, not any of that retarded power level idiocy.

It is, only people who claim Vision was "fantastic" or such claim MM is good.

I get the feeling it's the type of people who generally don't like cape comics.

Nigga, this isn't Goku vs. Superman idiocy, this is a writer introducing a new character that defeats the entirety of the Justice League by itself. That's just fucking infantile for a professional writer.

We that NuShiva or Old Shiva? Judge user are you here? How many fights has the one true Shiva lost?

Bendis 02

I'd laugh at this comment 1,5 years ago.

On the contrary, capetards and people that read popular Image genreshit love Vision. People into manga and alternative comics don't like it or don't care about it. It's melodramatic trash anyway.

Old Shiva got her ass kicked by Tim.

>Thief vs Assassin
Aren't assassins usually the advancement job for thieves? No contest.

Talia isn't a world-level assassin either. At no point has she ever been shown to be one of the world's best fighters, and her big showing as a supervillain, Morrison's run, has her as a cackling mastermind. Riddler's physicality has always been a matter of what writers want, but the idea that he's frail and wimpy is a product of the O'Neil editorial era as O'Neil doesn't like the character. Even the Batman tv show had Riddler as an imposing and personally dangerous foe.

Catwoman beating Cheetah is stupid and downright offensive to both characters, this is just meh. And if you want to talk about this being a disservice to Talia, you might as well go back and blame Morrison, who turned into a Batcock-obsessed psycho baby momma.

Fuck off newfag

This.

"arrogant asshole"

Catsue vs Superman in Batman 36.

It's classic trained versus street.

I think if Talia had preptime she could kill Catwoman, but not if they just popped up and went at each other.

How could she? Talia is a trained Assassin, I know she is your waifu Tom, but slow down you fucking faggot.

That is literally how it works. Power level autism is a nice aside, but the story matters over all

A story isn't automatically good because the protag is an underdog overcoming odds.

Batman had to rape the Joker.

>but the story matters over all
Yes, and the overall story matters over the writer's little pet story. That's the fact with a larger canon and writing for the big two. And it's why, above, I noted that only people who generally don't like capeshit like King's capeshit.

It's not powerlevel autism to state that things are inconsistent, it's just that this time it's the powerlevel King fucked up. (For the record I diagree with the other user on Gotham solo-ing the JL. That was his schtick and it burnt out quick.)

Barbatos gave Catwoman the win he extended bruce's plot armour to bruce's future wife

this doesn't matter at all Next arc we get Couples Cosplaying each other and Lois proves to be the MILF that she is Pulling off the cat woman outfit flawlessly

Selina is fat.

cool didn’t think i could possibly have a lower opinion of this guy

It's called League of Assassins. Not League of Fighters

Selina ?

Our fallen King is right.

>Does Selina has what it takes to take on Talia?

did she sleep with Veinstein to?

Batleck and Veinstein.

I like King and I like this run a lot.

Having said that you are talking about someone who has only picked up a sword a couple of times in her life, ever, vs someone who literally started training with a sword when she was 2 years old, and then did intense sword fighting training every day to the death, for decades. For stamina training she also repeatedly engages in three day long orgies where every other human just loses consciousness from overexertion.

Selina isn't a meta. Sword-fighting is a skill, a learned skill. Even if she's a great fighting naturally she can't be as good at a learned skill as someone who has trained on it their entire life. That would be like thinking Colin McGregor could beat Mayweather because he did some boxing in collage.

Talia should have won easily, but spared Selina and given her her blessing to marry the detective because she was impressed by her guts.

King is now openly confronting fans on Twitter over his writing. His writing is becoming more and more paralyzing and he's hell bent on burning bridges. If he continues like this its going to get ugly.

>His writing is becoming more and more paralyzing

'polarizing'

That, too.

>Is King right

Well, he is currently the writer of Batman, and Catoman winning is (at least for the time being) cannon.

The fact that he is completely shitting all over years and years of characterization, and that he gives absolutely 0 shits about respecting the legacy of the characters he is writing.... is sort of beyond the point here.

There are countless better written batman comics out there, by writers who handle the "heaviness of the everything these days" a lot better, without being little bitches about it.

Talia was clearly tried from having just had a massive orgy as well. She wasn't working with a full deck.

Catwoman was a member of the Justice League, she should be able to beat the hell out of any member of the League of Jobbers.

She's literally just a normal woman who took some night classes in self defense once, that's it. I should be able to beat her up let alone Talia al Ghul.

>Highly trained assassin
or
>Woman in a cat suit with perhaps minor martial arts skills using a whip and claws

Realistically it is a no brainer.
Story wise however Talia is not a female empowerment figure in any way so she is the only one who can lose.

Okay undercat then.

No she's not. She WAS the head of Leviathan.

Well I agreed with him that Dick would beat Bruce so I guess I have to agree here as well

Who would win.

>a woman trained from birth in swordfighting, literally started sword training before she said her first word
>trained by ninjas and assassins from when she was a baby
>sword-fought to the death thousands of times against the most skilled fighters on earth
>raised in a cult where people settle even the most minor disagreements with a swordfight to the death
>entire adult life is just a rotation of practicing with swords against ninjas with 72 hour orgies in between as a break

OR

>a normal woman
>briefly worked as a dominatrix
>took some night classes in self defense from a guy at her local yoga center
>picked up a sword once and took a couple of practice swings
>pixie cut

It's like asking who would win in a swordfight, Samurai Jack or April O'Neil.

>all these morrisonfags acting like talia is a major badass

The only thing more casual than a batfag is a morrison batfag.

He doesn't write like Bendis but he hits the same flags.

His writing is also pretty obnoxious and pretentious, it's like he wants to be the next Moore or Morrison.

>I get the feeling it's the type of people who generally don't like cape comics.
Exactly. Same cunts who praised hot garbage like Watchmen.