Bittersweet Candy Bowl - bcb

Oh, fuck off.

>Not after all that
>all that

>even Paulo starts providing meta-commentary on Taeshi's shit

Tinfoil hatter in me would say her subconsciousness and survival instinct wants to bail on the self destructive and self limiting trend she's got going, But Cargo container got her conscious mind under control.

Is NuPaulo being such a spineless faggot that he blames himself for the breakup of Daisy's love affair with Abbey?

That has recently been (re)characterized as tense, unpleasant, and dysfunctional, so it's end should be regarded as a benefit?

>That has recently been (re)characterized as tense, unpleasant, and dysfunctional, so it's end should be regarded as a benefit?

Wot? Can you rephrase that?

They continue to act like people who barely know each other, making it remarkable that Daisy would care very much about Paulo, when in truth they've been friends half their lives.

Daisy really likes Paulo?

After a mere eight years of friendship?

No way!

IT MUST BE LOVE

All what exactly?

For a long time Daisy and Abbey's relationship was portrayed as cutesty-wootsy puppy love. Then in that one flashback with bad art suddenly it's horrible and unloving and devoid of trust. A clunky retcon, just like Paulo being an spineless asshole.

But if that was the new way it was going to be going forward, why should Paulo or the audience regret that they broke up? Good riddance!

Yet here he is apparently beating himself up over his role in the break-up (itself never portrayed in a comprehensible manner).

I assume Paulo's obvious attempts to put some emotional distance between himself and Daisy with the whole "haha I didn't really want to come but that ever so lovable bitch Lucy made me come" thing.

This might have worked if these two didn't seem to care much about the other despite hanging around in the same group of friends for that long; the same way that Sue and Paulo have been around each other for the same time but actually hate each other.

It could have been set up that Daisy was in the group because she wanted to near Mike and Paulo was there to be near Lucy but that they never really cared about the other's presence. Then it would mean something when Daisy DOES care that much.

INSTEAD we've been directly told that these two have a particular, close connection since even before that group of six friends formed.

The funny thing is they spend so little time together in the comic it's more like the former situation than the latter. Where was Paulo when Daisy was angsting in vol. 1? Where was Daisy when Paulo was trying out having a girlfriend or being worried that he was becoming disloyal to Jazz? They almost never ACT like friends, and the few times they do, it's been to ship them.

>The funny thing is they spend so little time together in the comic it's more like the former situation than the latter. Where was Paulo when Daisy was angsting in vol. 1? Where was Daisy when Paulo was trying out having a girlfriend or being worried that he was becoming disloyal to Jazz? They almost never ACT like friends, and the few times they do, it's been to ship them.

Careful, to Vero and Bagboy you're asking for yet another horribad retconning flashback.

Any new ships ahoy?

Nothing could be worse than what I've already endured.

Only on Mondays.

what happened to the gay guy who wanted gray cat and the little dude who wanted lucy

Written off for being joke characters borrowed from Taeshi's followers.

I dunno man, they keep on surprising me, and not in any good way.

Even 1# greedy vidjagame publisher is better at pretending not to disappoint anyone.

I like how that faggots' personality got rammed into Polo since orangeboi was probably classified as a "cisgender shitlord" by tumblrlords before best cat also lost his spine and body proportions.

>this ship

The only way I see this being enjoyable to read is Paulo resuming bad boy status, Daisy resuming thirsty girl-next-door status, and them just embracing it together and giving no fucks about what anyone else thinks. And nobody bringing up the current stretch of story again.

I think most of the few times when Paulo's shown to be especially concerned about Daisy or how she feels about him is actually back in Volume One. Which is super ironic, considering how Taeshi advises new readers to skip it entirely.

Both were incredibly stupid an unfunny to anyone but Taeshi and her more idiotic fans. There was no point in keeping them around, but somehow Taeshi managed to fuck up on that front, too.

>Taeshi advises new readers to skip it entirely.
She and ol' Baggy have walked that back a bit after too many people kept bugging them with questions that'd be answered by reading Volume 1.

>Paulo resuming bad boy status, Daisy resuming thirsty girl-next-door status

I'd permit the ship if that was the case, But it won't happen due to Taeshi aiming for PG rating.

Carson still returned in spirit in the homo Polo chapter.

And remember those shipbait pics Tae made with homopolo and his androgynous co-worker?

And that's just those I remember.

If only it still wasn't a absolute weeaboo mess, but the comic is currently reverting to that so IDK.

>but the comic is currently reverting to that so IDK.
While that's true of Volume 1, at least the cast were believably teenagers. They're just shipping vehicles by this point.

there eye's disappear

Just the way Taeshi got rid of Carson was the dumbest thing ever. It was so memorably bad that she actually had to write out part of the Halloween chapter altogether. In fact, every time Taeshi's drawn attention to any character leaving the comic, it's been a narrative disaster.

Like said, Paulo's referring to how he was spitefully ignoring her all summer up until this weekend.

Wasn't part of that that he was afraid of Abbey beating him up again?

I thought they were pretty good friends this whole time. Remember when they were at the movies and Daisy offhandedly mentions that she likes it when boys have a sensitive side and Paulo's like "okay, I admit it, I"m scared of dogs?" I still remember that scene. Remember when Paulo got mad when guys started talking smack about Daisy after she semi-accidentally flashed the entire high school?

Are those both from volume 1?

The later most certainly is. I don't remember the former, though

>every time Taeshi's drawn attention to any character leaving the comic, it's been a narrative disaster.

Kizuna, enough said.

McCain gets a honorable mention because she made a idiot out of herself responding to a comment about why he's not in the comic anymore.

It's like Vero changes her ships just as often as she has nutty fits

Yeah.
Remember when Daisy got paired with Mike for the baby flour sack thing and ended up doing it with Paulo instead? Paulo used to try to clean up his fucking act aroudn daisy, but had stopped caring so much this year. It's easy to forget because this in-comic year has lasted half a decade at this point, but the hints have always been there. Remember in the rape chapter, and Paulo and Daisy spend some time Lucy and Mike's incessent bickering, and come to think of it, they often showed up together to try to include themselves into Lucy and Mike's plans. They DO have a commonality in their mutual lust for the unobtainable.

They were pretty close as kids, but Paulo drifted away sort of.

>the hints have always been there
In volume 1, maybe. It's not very convincing given all the things that have happened to Paulo since then, even just those things relating to girls and romance.

>It's not very convincing given all the things that have happened to Paulo since then, even just those things relating to girls and romance.

Goddamn this, it's like only recently Vol 1 became canon again, but completely trampling all over the continuity of vol 2 and 3 in the process.

My biggest issue is that despite Paulo & Daisy's relationship being sprinkled throughout the series as "special", the entire past year has been about Paulo ruining two of his own relationships obsessing over Lucy non-stop, only for it to derail to Daisy before Lucy even had a chance to ruin things.

I'm fine with PauloxDaisy in theory but it's execution is just way too forceful. Just go look at "Carry Me" and see how much of a better transition it made between two different relationships. In that, he had already started hitting roadbumps with Jasmine and Lucy just happened to be at the right place at the right time to basically give him what he was missing. But with Daisy, she's doing what she's already been doing this whole time, why is Paulo only noticing and giving a shit now?

>Just go look at "Carry Me" and see how much of a better transition it made between two different relationships.
>he had already started hitting roadbumps with Jasmine and Lucy just happened to be at the right place at the right time to basically give him what he was missing
That's an excellent point. The intense period of Paulo's attraction to Lucy (as opposed to the neglected elementary school crush beforehand) begins at a moment of uncertainty for Paulo's love life.

Conversely he starts daydreaming about Daisy when (he thinks) things are going just perfectly with Lucy. What the fuck is that?

>he starts daydreaming about Daisy when (he thinks) things are going just perfectly with Lucy. What the fuck is that?
Manufactured drama and forced ship instead of a natural flow and progression.
I'm gonna beat the dead horse some more and mention the ferris wheel part of the carnival chapter.

>the carnival chapter.
That chaptere was so bad I've mentally blocked it from memory
Thanks for undoing that endeavor

this image will never not piss me off

I noticed the art instead but still became disappointed

You guys really need to stop self-inserting as Paulo

Go back to bed, Oliver.

>pic
Every single time

Not even. It's just becoming really obvious that anons project themselves onto the "alpha male playboy that gets all the pussy," and then proceed to get pissed off when said playboy is rejected from one of the attractive characters, and is now being shipped with a fatfuck.

Paulo isn't a chad; he's kind of a fuck-up. Even ignoring the author-enforced polo hate parade he's lost his chances with three cute girls for a shot at another who never really wanted him.

It's weird why Daisy is even attracted to Polo besides that he is a "cool bad boy" archetype.. or USED to be.

But Taeshi had to force this love square of Mike x Lucy x Paulo x Daisy into the mix. Essentially building up ships and relationships that basically are huge wastes of time.

Lucy never ever cared deeply for Paulo, he was just some dick on the side because Mike wasn't receptive anymore. She used him and lead him on, again generally being a bitch to everyone despite how much they have helped/are close to her.

Paulo contentiously acted like an asshole, dating various girls and shitting all over Daisy yet she is as loyal and lovey dovey as ever.

Mike has repeatedly told Lucy and Daisy to BTFO and has no interest in fraternizing with them anymore. I mean except when suddenly Mike wanted Lucy to talk to him/forgive him when he didn't even give a shit before.

Abbey was insanely loyal and protective of Daisy, even if he could be a huge douche. Paulo still deserved to get knocked down a few pegs and finally got Paulo to stop bullying Abbey. Daisy treats him like shit and tries to get him to tolerate Paulo.

Augustus only pushed a kiss on Daisy and is entirely enamored with her. He's smart academically and very relaxed in comparison to Paulo or Abbey yet Daisy doesn't give a fuck.

Augustus and Paulo have done shittons more for Lucy then Mike ever did but he HAS to be the end-game so all other bets are off.

Paulo is a wishy-washy asshole who literally is in love with everyone and has a bajillion crushes. He can't decide if he wants cock or pussy more. He's went from having some tolerable traits to being a douchey coward that can never get anything right.

>shitting all over Daisy
When did this happen except after she told him he was a shit in that phone call?

Where he didn't tell her Abbey choked him, as if that wasn't important information. Because NuPaulo is an idiot.

See

About noone caring about her precious opinions, constantly ignoring her and giving her the cold shoulder, acting they he doesnt even want her touching him - ect.

Daisy just can't take a fucking hint.

That was all after the phone call.

I guess he decided that explaining about Abbey attacking him wasn't worth it because she hates him now anyway?

but what was she so mad about besides that he wouldn't make up with Abbey?

And why does she call him a piece of shit on the phone but expect friendliness later?

This is where Paulo having a less than (apparently) perfect break up with Jasmine could have helped.

Just have Daisy rather like Jasmine (which I guess is actually true?), and think badly of Paulo for upsetting her by dumping for her Lucy. It might incense the hostile side of her feelings for Lucy. "He made Jazzy cry for HER"

Can you imagine if Daisy confesses to Paulo and he rejects her? No bullshit copouts, he just doesn't feel that way. That would be great.

This looks like Weaver's art

It's a parody of one of his recent comics.

I really fail to see how you guys are able to talk about this comic. Nothing about it is enjoyable. Someone please explain the value of this mess.

It's great fuel for deriding the authors, partly because they have such a history of asshattery. That, and it's a good example of how not to do next to anything.

Also there's just enough that used to be done adequately or have at least have potential that we can mull over what might have been.

friendly reminder that daisy's dad will be trans for real because tae like the art that much

There are threads for this comic every other day. That seems like lunacy for something you just wanna trash.

It's a gift that keeps on giving

Do you whine about complete hideable DoA threads too?

So who's the sperm donor that they used to make Daisy?

That would be incredibly stupid considering the comic is still currently stuck in 2008 or maybe 2009 when trans people were not yet politically correct. Daisy would have endured mockery on a daily basis if one or both of her parents were trannies.

It is currently September 27th, 2008.

Supposedly the story will end before summer 2009.

>That would be incredibly stupid considering the comic is still currently stuck in 2008 or maybe 2009 when trans people were not yet politically correct
yet literally EVERYONE in this comic is a fucking faggot
except for Paulo's dad

Why is that cat boy naked?

shitty world building

all of the males, except the good boy dads, are a eunuch. everything is gone

>
>That would be incredibly stupid considering the comic is still currently stuck in 2008 or maybe 2009 when trans people were not yet politically correct.

It's still retarded without being time period correct.

But the ilk Taeshi milks for emotional support and money can't be reasoned with see recent gaslighting on the Candybooru, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Consistency is a lost concept now, or it is targeted people with ADHD.

Shouldn't you be shilling their FB or Tumblr?

Last for best friendship.

Will never work, thanks taeshit

no

What the comic needs much more of

But they hate each other? They agree on nothing at all, and have nothing in common. They also dislike each other's personality.

*inhales*
Paulo a good boy, dindu nuffin
Abbey ruins everything

>smoking
pass

>Abbey ruins everything.

Stating the painfully obvious.

Crackshippers gon' crackship.

The picture is supposed to be when they're from elementary school (Taeshi's failure to adjust character design to indicate age strikes again) so Sue probably wasn't the pompous blowhard she is now.

>Taeshi's failure to adjust character design to indicate age strikes again
I'd be surprised when the opposite happens, because that's been the rule of her proportions for almost 4 years now.