Imagine that an Universal Executive is reading this thread right now...

Imagine that an Universal Executive is reading this thread right now. What advice would you give them on how to make the Mario Movie actually decent. (HARD MODE: Actual plot advice, not just "WAH MINIONS SUCK)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1TbiCulCmx0
youtube.com/watch?v=RfRZxc9vkyM
youtube.com/watch?v=fsVqZqmR-Qs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's actually not hard at all, just focus on their personalities. Bowser is an arrogant bully, Luigi is a sweet shy coward, Mario leaps before he looks, Peach probably has an arc about joining the adventure. Just dont have any rapping Shy Guys and you're off to the races

Waifus. Daisy. Peach. Birdo.

>not including Baby Daisy

Wario and Waluigi appearing as funny background events. Like they're on their own "adventure" that we never actually get to watch.

>Movie has a simple plot with Mario and Luigi rescuing Peach from Bowser with other characters like Yoshi and Toad coming in to help them along the way
>Have Charles Martinet voicing the plumbers or find a very good soundalike if he can't manage full sentences with them
>Stay away from any toilet humor, fart jokes and pop culture references
I mean that's really it. It's hard to mess up a movie like this unless you went full retard with it.

I'd advise him to drop that idea. Mario is a terrible IP for anything other than vydia.

Remember those Mario comics in Nintendo Power?

Do that.

Another advice should be, no cgi mario characters in the real world unless it is for a short gag.

don't make one. make a zelda movie.

make it like roger rabbit.

Cast Vinny as Mario and Luigi

This.

And no Bowser Jr, please.

Make a movie about Mario saving Pauline of Donkey Kong in Brooklyn!
and gives a personnality to Mario, not some silent Mickey Mouse retard who repeat the same things over and over.

after the first mario movie, I don't think they should ever bother again. it was traumatizingly bad.

Do NOT make Princess Peach like her comic self OR Mario Odyssey. Fucking blonde bimbo bitch who literally yelled "Help me Mario!" and when he does she rejects him despite saving her worthless as for eternity.

It's a real shit show that canonically Mario wastes his time saving a bitch who is ungrateful. Fucking cunt. So that kind of shit better not be in the movie.

Show that Bowser kidnapping Peach has been a thing for a long time, but suddenly someone more of a threat wants Peach for something, and Mario and Luigi have to take on this new threat, while Bowser is either tagging along or trying to get her for himself in a B-plot showing how incompetent his underlings are.
I actually think a Mario movie seems right up Illumination’s alley. Safe, family friendly, little generic crowd pleasers.

Martinet can do full sentences well enough
youtube.com/watch?v=1TbiCulCmx0
youtube.com/watch?v=RfRZxc9vkyM

After the 90s Super Mario film, I seriously doubt Nintendo will allow 100% control from Universal. Nintendo is going to be pulling the reins in this one.

Find someone who can do a really good Dennis Hopper impression to play Bowser.

that's why the plumber deserves Pauline.

She's not ungrateful, she actually LIKES being taken by Bowser.

Do this. Make it a make out. First act is Mario and Luigi going to bowsers but SUPRISE she isn’t there. Bowser joins the group to get her back

>It's a real shit show that canonically Mario wastes his time saving a bitch who is ungrateful

This. Why would Nintendo put this in any main Mario game? It automatically invalidates every single main Mario game. All this time and even for future games Mario will save a bitch who doesn't deserve to be saved.

But comic Peach was a badass who seemed to really like Mario.
Unless you're not referring to Super Mario Adventures. I know there were other comics but I'm not too familiar with them.

gonna need sauce on this

>I'M THE MARIO

If they want it to be good, they will read this comic and then do what this comic did.

So this is what the film will look like?
youtube.com/watch?v=fsVqZqmR-Qs

That was my cock, Luigi.

See This whole "stronk independent womyn" shit is just annoying especially for a character who is mostly known as being a useless twat of a damsel. Besides I'm tired of this unrealistically competent twat shit.

I just want a Zelda section. It sounds like the Nintendo Land, in Hollywood at least, is just going to be Mario stuff.

That looks awful. It even has an outdated pop culture reference.

Too bad you're both wrong.

Okay, then how do you want her to be?

It wasn't outdated in 1992.

But you were.

And neither would be a current pop culture reference in the next Mario movie.
Do you not see where this is going? Peach would probably make a Minions reference (Universal's currently most bankable IP) or something.

That...doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry, that is not worth a "Yes sir..."

adhere to the fucking game, don't make a movie and then give it a mario skin. Don't make mario a mexican who needs to overcome prejudiceyou know they would . As long as you don't pigeonhole minions into it and make a movie true to the mario universe it will be okay.

Chill out, dickwad.

s-shut up Boco.

Something akin to paper mario would be nice. Dialogue instead of a bunch of wahoos and here we gos

Nigga what the fuck is your problem.

Oh, and no wasting time on exposition or setup, mmkay? Everyone knows who these guys are. They all know how it works. We don't need a two minute scene of scrolling text establishing what the Mushroom Kingdom is.

No problemo.

Bowser can’t work as the villain, he should be an Eggman from Sonic Boom kind of thing. Have a buddy cop movie with Mario and Bowser having to team up against a greater evil.

Why is Boco always the most autistic post of a thread?

Breakdancing Shy Guys is cool though, they're weirdly acrobatic.

Because you usually lurk.

Everyone knows the plot of Mario games, it’s a good move to have something come in and shake the status quo up and have Mario/Bowser strive to return things back to normal.

Play Paper Mario and take notes. That's the best advice I couod give them.

Don't listen to spergy RPGfags that dream of plots with Fawful or Shounen shit like Paper Mario 2.

Do a Popeye cartoon but with Mario. The end.

the problem is that martinet tends to make mario sound extremely awkward when saying full sentences

fuck off boco

Yes sir...

Mario and Luigi should be silent protagonists, with the occasional signature line or catchphrase, but should absolutely NOT have a plucky little sidekick that is quirky and spews one liners for the trailers. Keep the plot basic and stick to the classic characters and locations. Mario is an iconic franchise, people recognize the basic elements of the series rather easily, stuff like koopas, goombas, mushrooms, and power stars.

Just take cues from Wreck-it-Ralph.
Not the meta stuff obviously, it'll probably seem too cut and paste if Mario knows he's in a video game.

Why is that Yoshi wearing a diaper?

It's a baby.

It's a baby Yoshi who hatched out of an egg a couple of days ago.

He just hatched.

ha ha

I love forced team-up Bowser.

Man I love when that happens.

They are plumbers so humor about toilets would be fine.
Humor about human waste products is what you need to avoid.

This.

Wait what is going on?

>tfw the Mario Bros movie is a guaranteed success and will lead to more Nintendo Illumination films

Donkey Kong Country
>Dwayne Johnson as Donkey Kong
>Kevin Hart as Diddy Kong
>Benedict Cumberbatch as King K. Rool
>Bill Murray tricked into voicing Cranky Kong

A dainty royal princess who is a good leader to her Toads, loves to travel, sees the good in everyone, doesn't mind going into slightly dangerous places if she knows it'll be a new place she's never been before, and is intent on helping in her own way even if she might get caught doing it. Also she does seem to have slight magical powers, not Kamek levels, but she has them within her.

You know, like how she is in the Paper Mario and RPG games. Think about her sub-plots where she was trapped in Bowser's Castle with the shooting star, or with TEC, or even how she was the one to convince Bowser to join the party in Super Paper Mario.

Hire the Thousand-Year Door people

If the DK film has corny and random songs like the cartoon, Im sold.

I'm pretty sure Miyamoto is going to be heavily involved in the production.

>Not wanting Best Dad Bowser
Dumb namefag

Mario's getting a movie, animated by Illumination.

No stunt casting, if you want a non voice actor as Mario at least audition

This.
Have Bowser established as the main bad in the first few minutes. The opening sequence is of Mario and Luigi beating Bowser and saving Peach, and Bowser says something like "not again!" or "every time" just to show this is the status quo: Mario beating Bowser and saving Peach.
Then introduce a new villain and have Mario and Bowser team up. Or keep Bowser as a secondary character going his own way to fight the new bad until he teams up with Mario again in the end.

I’m not even sure why they keep him as an antagonist, he’s so much better when he’s forced to be good.

>animated
Thank fuck.
I'm hype. Think it will do well in japan?

Have Dimentio be the villain.

He needs to stick with Mario and Peach throughout it claiming he’s going to kidnap her after they sort the mess out.

Shut the fuck up, Boco.

Toads don't talk. Ever.

Or recast them. Let Kevin Hart voice them for all I care, just please don't use the game voice.

Boco, I seriously wish you could get a life so you could stop spreading your faggotry.

Fuck off Boco
I wanna hear Toad in his full glory

I now want the film to be nothing but Toad's constant screaming for two hours.

Fuck you Boco. Captain Toad movie 2022

Look at the first three Paper Mario games then use those as a template.

Mario is the hero
Luigi is the coward
Peach is the good hearted Ditz
And Bower is a dangerous idiot

>Mario should not speak more than 1-2 words at a time, outside of "Thank you for watching the movie!"
>Captain Toad needs to exist
>Luigi is optional, but just as optional as Wario and Waluigi

It's pretty easy. You get all the classic characters you love - Mario, Luigi, Peach, that witch thing, Yoshimitsu and you make em all dance to the Black Eyed Peas. Then you finish that sequence with them all dabbing and put a QR code up screen so people can order their merch right there and have a fleet of Amazon drones delivering it right into the lobby by the time the film's over.

>and when he does she rejects him despite saving her worthless as for eternity.
She was sick of Mario and Bowser being thirsty autists after nearly dying, still had told Mario to come along with her, and is nothing but friendly with him post-game and gives him a fuckton of Power Moons. This is the most friendly she's been in a game. The real Peach you don't wanna have is Mario 64 Peach.

Use the personalities and humor from the Mario RPG games

Normie audiences will get confused and angry that the main character doesn't speak. Also Luigi should be the main character desu.

>Keep Charles Martinet as Mario and Luigi.

>Make is a fun and simple adventure film

Wtf I want this movie now?

I'm so proud of having been a part of Sup Forums this whole time, seeing it grow to the point where it's the first place most show creators go for people's thoughts on their shows. Execs are shown what we think (haha just kidding, hint hint, nudge nudge), billion dollar decisions are being made based on what we think. We might actually be reaching Sup Forums levels of influence on the normie world and it's fucking glorious. Never underestimate us.

I'm sorry, that sounds dreadful

This is easy
Mario and Luigi move in to the mushroom kingdom. After the events of donkey Kong, mario wasnt given the credit for saving the girl, instead it was said beauty tamed the savage beast deal. Mario, doesnt mind because he is such a nice guy, sadly this causes people to walk all over him. Luigi loves his brother but sees this and thinks a new life is in order. Brothers become plumbers and move to the booming mushroom kingdom and get a big job fixing the plumbing in toad square.
Most toads are nice but many dont mind taking advantage of Mario's kindness and Luigi's timidness. The toads send the mario bros down to the darkest sewers, no one goes down there but that's where the problem is.
Mario bros find Koopas and crabs, the brothers fend off the intruders with a pow block one of the Koopas brought to cause damage to a warp pipe that the lead plumber toad said it was never used and no one knows what it does. However the pow block was successful breaking open a warp pipe that leads to the castle. So for the Koopas their mission was a success.
The regular pipes are working again but one lead plumber toads takes the credit. Mario was happy to help but Luigi is more concerned about the Koopas and that big broken pipe.
There is a parade for the toad stopping a crisis, while Luigi drags mario to the town hall records to see what the pipe is for. Mario is bored but Luigi finds put where the pipe connects to, the Koopa kingdom to mushroom kingdom when things were peaceful.
The brothers ask what the Koopas are and town hall toad tells them about the rise of bowser. The parade is ending at the castle then the brothers are rushing to the castle when Bowser attacks.

Peach should be dainty.

To counteract this, Daisy should be the headstrong tomboy in the group.

Don't shy away from the live action movie. I'm not saying make it canon or heavily reference it but like, don't feel worried about having a small joke about it somewhere.

This, it's a guaranteed hit.