Endtown Update - Day of the Rope Edition

Seems like a good time to catch up on Endtown, so I'm dumping the last month's worth of updates, starting with the conclusion of the Heather Hoss trial and the start of the wolf riots.

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/2017/06/07/threat-extremists-more/
youtube.com/watch?v=67VqKjiTlU0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh boy riots in the streets. Looks like shits about to hit the fan.
Was it ever revealed who was actually killing the pigs?

I knew things would hit the fan, but hoooooooooooly fuck.

Not yet.

F

And that's where we are now. Things are looking pretty grim in Endtown, and as long-time readers are well aware, things only ever go from bad to worse, so that doesn't bode well for the future.

I appreciate you posting some buildup to today's panels OP. This arc is shaping up to be my favorite.

jesus fucking christ

Why just pigs though?

No one knows, but so far they've found the remains of about a dozen pigs, and Doc Chase hypothesized that remains of many more thrown into the river could have been destroyed by the turbines

I've never read Endtown, other than a strip here and there on Sup Forums. I know the general setting, but can someone fill me in on what this trial is about and why there are riots?

Is this the end of end town?

The only decent conclusion to this story arc is every wolf either being exiled or killed. At this point they are actually killing people. They caused shit and then started to throw a tantrum when people got sick of their shit. Fuck em.

After the Milk Riots (you'll have to read the comic to learn more about those) tensions in Endtown were extremely high. We left Endtown to follow two of the main characters for a few months as they wandered the wastelands. Since we returned, we've seen that things have only deteriorated since then. Dozens of Endtown residents, almost exclusively pigs, have gone missing over the last few months and tensions between predator and prey mutants have reached a tipping point. Heather Hoss, the laundromat owner, killed a wolf (ostensibly in self defense, although we are never shown the circumstances of the killing to tell where it is justified or not).

The trial incites radicalism among the wolf population and the Not Guilty verdict sets off a wave of violence.

>Pigs are being murdered en masse
>one wolf gets killed
>wolves riot

Why aren't the pigs rioting?

How populated IS Endtown?
Like I find it strange that there are so many of the same animal type to grow these clicks.
Like an army of rats. A mob of wolves. Not to mention the lizard town (but they were very selective so they sort of MADE their city of lizard people).

Not sure. They're smaller and weaker than the wolves. They're more easily intimidated. Maybe they're scared that if they started protesting then people would step down on them hard. I would be worried.

The pigs are disappearing.
Everyone sees a fire, nobody sees a goodbye note and never being seen again.

There's gonna be so much death Neathery oughta rename the comic Endvillage

Yeah but that's hardly rare in Endtown.
I mean people were ready to lynch people with beans at the beginning.
Not to mention the biz around the cake trial.

The wolves ARE fuckheads and deserve punishment, but it's damn hard to find a group who's stainless in all this.

I liked reporter wolf at first but now I just wish he was shot

Hopefully we'll get to see Lucas get his shit stomped in. I can't wait until Monday.

As of Year 3, the population was about 7000. Wally joined the cast in Year 6 and it's probably at least Year 7 or Year 8 by this point in the story. So I reckon put +/- a few hundred on that.

>Clear the area or we open fire! We are not taking prisoners!
Bitch is about to get the opening scene of Robocop treatment

>boars
>small and weak

WASTE THE MOTHERFUCKERS

>pigs=boars
It's like thinking a wiener dog shouldn't be considered slow cause of greyhounds.

Security rats are pure

>It's like thinking a wiener dog shouldn't be considered slow cause of greyhounds
What kind of city faggot are you, not knowing pigs are like little tanks that can fuck you seven shades to heaven if they want?

They are white

that might be what they are in real life but that might not be what they're like in the world of Endtown, where people literally transform into animals based on what kind of personality they have

They're jews

>pigs getting murdered right and left
>one wolf dies, presumably killed in self-defense
>wolves riot, lynch, burn down the town all while screaming that they're the true victims

So the wolves are a metaphor for radical Islam?

So, tell me Sup Forums
What will be the greater good at the end?
Because after all this bullshit, the greater good sure should be 9 levels above of Nirvana

I don't know, we might see Lucas get blown away for being an incendiary pike

that's a greater good!

This isn't The Angry Birds Movie. Besides...

>angry for no reason
>openly treat other people like shit
>love the idea of lynching innocents

They're clearly a metaphor for white supremacists

>the greater good

I'm wondering if the personality you have determines the animal you turn into, or if the animal you turned into starts making you act differently based on how other people treat you.

White supremacists 60 years ago, or Islamic fundamentalists today.

God theses wolves are just the dumbs shits ever

I wanna know what happened to Sid.
No way they wouldn't go after a friend of the traitor too

White supremacists 60 years ago AND today, of course!

snopes.com/2017/06/07/threat-extremists-more/

What on earth is her problem?

>Not a single death has resulted from terrorist activity by a Muslim extremist refugee
Truck of Peace in New York City last month.

>capybara becoming the new cunty mc hate face

>Finally get an Endtown thread on Sup Forums again
>flaming assholes gotta drag Sup Forums into it
Fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you.

Sounds like killing all the wolves would solve the problem

She's been handed the 'idiot ball' for this arc.

It's the pancakes effect - even when nobody's talking about Sup Forums, some faggot has to suddenly make everything about how shit they think Sup Forums is

Jesus, shut the fuck up about pancakes!

this shit term again.

I can't wait for this shitshow of an arc to be done with.

This brings up a good question - where will things go from here?

I heard the next arc will go back to Wally and Kirbee. As for Endtown, I don't know what they'll do after the wolf riots but Doc probably needs to train more doctors if this shit keeps happening.

Holly in space

this is the appropriate way of reading the comic

I still like Dotty

>good old fashion murder

We Endtown again!

No one gets to be happy in Endtown.

I don't get what the fuck are these wolves doing? You are burning your home to the ground with literally nowhere else to go. Topsiders will slaughter them all if this riot gets big enough to probably have the smoke reach the surface.

I always assumed there was like 2-4 thousand people tops......seems like a lot more than the early days of the comic.

>2017/06/07
Way to read, dipshit.

Guess if all those "lone wolves" going on killing sprees in America went to Endtown, they might find some company

No it's because it's a comic about race relations and so race relations are brought up.

You don't get to talk politics in cartoons and get mad when you can't control the narrative. We're not on tumblr, nigger lover.

I don't fucking care what time it was, or when it was, or who it was. Snopes is anti-white and doesn't deserve anything more than a cursory dismissal. We're not putting up with explaining shit to you, you don't deserve that.

In fact, you need to have your hands cut off for defending it. We need white sharia to get the world in order.

>Not a single death has resulted from terrorist activity by a Muslim extremist refugee.
>mfw
fucking wolves

And I don't care that that shit is shocking or signs I'm mad, I just got off watching that fucking nigger nursing staff lie through her buck teeth about the actions she took in helping a man dying, and the video that shows her LAUGHING at him dying. Fucking LAUGHING at dying 'wypepo'.

I am calling ym grandmother tonight to check on her, no fucking muds or shitskins or apologists or niggers have ANYTHING TO SAY TO ME RIGHTN OW. YOU ALL NEED TO DIE. ALL OF YOU. WQE BUILT A GORIUS NATION AND YOU SHIT LAL OVER IT ALL OF YOU UNWORTHY ANIMALS FUCK FUCK FUCK MAD MAD MAND MAD MAD

>96858392
youtube.com/watch?v=67VqKjiTlU0

THIS. WATCH IT
AND IO DONB'T CARE IT IT MAKES ME BANNED
ONLY RAGEN OWO
ONYL RAGE
ALL OUR SOCIETY IS BEHOLDEN TO CLONW WORLD STANDARDS FOR FIGHTING RACISM WHILE THIS HAPPENS
NO MORE
THE COST WE HAVE SPENT WILL PAY IN BLOOD SOMEDAY
ALL THE DEBTS WILL BE PAID
ALL OF THEM

wasnt there a report made that said black identity people are more dangerous than white supremacists

For fuck sakes guys, this is why Endtown threads get deleted...

Edittown is great.

this is kind of gratifying in a sick way

I don't remember but what happen to those two topsiders?

They are Jim and Sarah

I'll check in a minute, but I thought they found more than pig bones among the remains.

To be fair, this entire arc has more or less been a metaphor for racial tensions and conflict, with allegories for contemporary protests. Just look at everybody fleeing from Endtown Security in the latest strip. The independent newspaper being run by militants is also relevant in this context.

Well, I just checked, and it turns out it was pigs all the way. My bad.

Poor Jim. He was too pure for this world.

Is wolf pride a good thing?

Wally was so cute. I'm sad we lost him.

If you mean the Newberry Wolves, then you betcha!

it's just... hot for some reason

Not when a woman defending herself ends up in a full scale riot.

I admit Im not sure I care if they go back to wally and kirbee. That ending burned me. Not even that Holly left Wally to live (die) in a simulation with her dead husband and child. That was tragic but I could live with it.

What burned me was that literally like 5 minutes after losing the woman he had been with and been in love with for like 2 years, he hooks up with Kirbee.
Felt like pandering to kirbee fans.

The only hope that I'm holding for when we return to Wally and Kirbee is that things get weird. Aaron had originally intended Endtown to have skeleton mutants, clown mutants and other weird cartoony mutations and he's hinted that things get more surreal and fantasy like in the great green. I want Wally out of his element, instead of the whole "I'm an engineer, baby!"

Well, I mean she spent the last 5-6 months of their relationship going batshit insane on him. I imagine by the end he was only still with her out of a sense of obligation.

I dunno, people still tend to love people even if they are a total drain. It was only in those last weeks after lizard colony that she truly went crazy, before that she was kinda just mopey, and they were pretty clearly happy to see each other after the boxing match.

Hell, Wally was about to let himself die because he thought Holly was dead during the fight with the lizard. Clearly not the actions of a man whose with someone by obligation.

I... yeah. This has been a huge problem with the current plot for me.

It's not even that I wanna see a lone Good Wolf or any shit, it's that the wolves collectively have been dumb as a pile of rocks for the entire story arc.

>Collectively they are the prime cannibal suspects (even though by this point it's established to the reader that a group of multiple species are behind it) and keep responding with violence and threats against everyone else, making it into an even bigger us v. them problem. Two wolves openly harass a pig in the middle of the murders and act like they're the victims.

>The group howl scares the living shit out of everyone else and doesn't help the idea above that the wolves are a murderous --unified-- crew. it doesn't help anybody it just increases the fear aspect.

>The newsletter wolves are entirely comprised of shitty people who would rather push a pro-wolf superiority message akin to the howl rather than make proper use of a journalist on their side who wants to quell the prejudice against them.

>The Lawyer wolf's entire deal was to get some quick fame and come off like an Atticus Finch 'hero' but is nothing but a sham. This I kinda liked, but then the other wolves lynch him, which just CONTINUES the whole problem.

The wolves have constantly reacted to every situation with "stop calling us murderers or I'll KILL you." I find it mind bogglingly stupid that none of them have stopped--not because of virtue or anything-- and just had a moment of common fuck sense to realize that if they keep acting violent against accusations of violence that the rest of the world WILL turn on them.