HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, FAMILY PERSON BLOW THE FUCK OUT

Toonami announced that Black Clover will come in Toonami at 11:30 while Dragon Ball Super turns at 10:30

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uaDeobqouGQ&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=-G2ZGRFmbJI
youtube.com/watch?v=o9ERlMgQLd4
hulu.com/black-clover
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Toonami is dy....

Why do they always take the mediocre and the downright shit?

This is a case where the dub could easily be superior to the Japanese depending on how they cast the MC.

Seriously, I tried to watch this show but couldn’t make it out of the first scene with the protagonist.

Never before have I heard such ear-bleeding inducing VA work in my life, and that’s saying something with anime. I can’t even comment on the story because I couldn’t get far enough to form an opinion.

What the fuck were they thinking?

The real question is, will it SAVE US?

But we all know HE will SAVE US!

What's it about?

>Toonami adds another long running shonen
>literally the most generic piece of shit imaginable
I'd rather Toonami die than be like this

Alternate universe where Naruto wants to become the Wizard King instead of Hokage.

youtube.com/watch?v=uaDeobqouGQ&feature=youtu.be

youtube.com/watch?v=-G2ZGRFmbJI

So what happens when this somehow ends up being a megahit and saves Toonami?

Is this gonna be another long-running sausage fest? It's 50+ episodes, and from what I saw of the first few, there's next to no girls.

Are you talking to yourself?

For a sec I thought you typed megashit.

Creek fan art is getting weirder.

At least, we won’t see that Bank Episode anymore

First four episodes of the dub are already out on Funimation's streaming service. Casting and voices are good.

youtube.com/watch?v=o9ERlMgQLd4
[engine noises intensify]

how is this NOT Sup Forums?

>People say that Toonami is dying
>They apparently have a big enough budget to pay for 9 shows at a time

Toonami is Sup Forums

Does the dub have ear-bleeding inducing voice work? Because I've only heard those complaints about the Japanese version.

see for yourself

Is 2017 the year of Toonami?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This won't be a megahit, it's gotten next to no traction internationally compared to My Hero Academia despite starting within a similar period. It's good of Viz to be supporting the block but I'll probably be skipping this when it comes on.

>weird twitchy blonde kid who always sounds like he's methed out
>stoic tall black-haired guy who still stands by blonde kid's side even though he's annoying
Is... is Black Clover some guy's Creek doujin gone awry?

His dub voice sounds way better, holy shit. This may actually be watchable.

Literally Naruto but they drop all pretenses and go full wizard

Is that a good thing?

>This won't be a megahit, it's gotten next to no traction internationally compared to My Hero Academia

How about you stop talking about of your ass? Among fall's new shows Black Clover is the second most popular show in streaming sites. It's only being beaten by Shokugeki no Souma.

Wow, this makes it look a lot more dramatic and better than it actually is.

Well the wizard part is pretty cool

But the manga itself is...not.
It's aggressively cliche, much more than Naruto ever dreamed of being when it started. And the main character is one of the biggest dumbasses I've ever seen. It looks like the dub is at least giving him a less shrill voice, but Black Clover just isn't very good at all.

Depends everyone wants to be the next king and there seems to be no emo revenge bullshit the MC also wants to bang a Nun.

How are the fights and shit?

Fine I guess. Not the worst battleshonen I suppose, though there are instances of characters literally being like "Hey I thought of a new skill midbattle" which can be bs at times, though the main character doesn't do that as so far his magic is just pulling out an antimagic sword and hitting things with it.

Also "never giving up is his magic" he's said that shit at least 3 times as far as i've gotten, and I cringed each time.

I think I can deal. Maybe it'll be good for a laugh or two. I hope.

The MC has done that a couple times. The time he pulled out a second sword, the time he uses his half-demon mode, and I think one or two other things. Black Clover is so bland that it all kinda blends together.

Well Godspeed I guess.
It admittingly does get a bit better as it goes along, the beginning is the worst part.
But not thaaat much better

Literally a combination of Naruto and Fairy Tail straight down to the cliches and plot

>Shunned outcast kid optimist wants to be Wizard King but can't use magic but turns out has a special power
>Proceeds to make friends and win because he has friends
It's total shit

I mean theres not much reason why pulling out his second sword is that bs. I didn't get far enough to see any demon possession stuff though so idunno anything bout that.

what plays at 11?
>super ends at 11
>black clover starts at 11:30

am confused

>Literally showing Naruto and cheap Naruto clone in the same night
wow it's fucking nothing

The second sword didn't just nullify magic, it reflected it.

Apparently its the guys' first VA job, at least in a named role.

DBZ Kai

Well that was more about the property of the sword than anything asta did.
Unless the sword had been previously shown to be antimagic and changed.

Sure, I just mean that, like the others, he has done the whole "losing in the middle of a fight, but suddenly new power turns the tables" thing. But that's a common shounen trope, which BC has in spades.

>black clover

Goodbye dimes

the anime started like 5 weeks ago, they haven't gotten to any real fights yet, first one should actually be starting next week

Ha. Funny photoshop, OP. Adult Swim is desperate for ratings, but they're not that de-

>it's real

there's one main girl, but the rest are all better

in fact anyone but asta and noelle are okay at least, some are great

>it's a 17 year old girl and the highest known ranked mage in the guild aside from Yami

The wizard king was pretty great I'll admit.

also a thieving raccoon

any good waifus from this series?

Funimation is dubbing three other shows right now that would be better choices than this.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is the obvious one that DeMarco wanted years ago.

Juni Taisen is an entertaining, violent battle royale show that would entertain the Akame ga Kill crowd. Plus it's something a little out of the spotlight, which has worked for Toonami before.

And finally, just for kicks, there's fucking King's Game. It's not good, but it's super violent, campy late night entertainment, and would draw in the crowd that's been asking for the likes of Mirai Nikki forever. Sup Forums would probably have a good time "hate"watching it.

But no, we got fucking Black Clover. Toonami should just start at 8 and not carry any [adult swim] branding. Let's get Boruto, Fairy Tail and Puzzle & Dragons X. This block panders to twelve-year-olds.

Can anyone explain why Toonami keeps getting new shows and expansions even though their ratings are shit? Are Adult Swims ratings that terrible they'll try anything?

>black clover gets on toonami
>o my rewind loli doesnt
Loving every laugh

Yeah, what's the point of even existing if you just shovel out the most entry level easily digestible formulaic shit?

Someone please stop the japs from using cliches
I'm so tired of this shit it feels like most anime and even the original ones are just a clusterfuck of references and tropes.

>see what people outside of Sup Forums are saying about this
>"at least it's the dub, less screaming"

hahaha, that's the least of this show's problems

Shounen is as formulaic as it gets otherwise it's not even really shounen. But some are done well, and some end up like this shit.

yeah there's still some good anime that comes out that isn't as formulaic but the popularity of shounen truly does anger me.

Could be any number of thzings. Toonami may not be doing as bad as we thought, they got a good deal on this show, they are at the end of the line and are making one last effort to save it, etc. Who knows? What I do know is losing that episode of Family Guy isn't gonna do the block any favors

>o my rewind loli
What show is that?

my hero academia

i don't get why people hate that bit though, it's great

I'm thinking Toonami is getting better deals when it comes to shows.

I mean consider the fact that it's been back for over half a decade now, and is the only place on television people can watch anime. There's streaming, of course, but what distribution company /wouldn't/ want to diversify the range of exposure to their products? Getting something on television is still important, and Toonami is the only game in town.

How many times does it have to be said that Hulu has it?

Black clover is a shitty shonen even in the shonen genre. It's just constantly pushed for no reason. It's the bleach of this generation.

Who even watches this shit? How did it get popular? Most generic piece of shit since Seven Deadly Sins.

>getting something on television is still important
It's not. At all, especially when it comes to anime. If it was important, why has Aniplex and Funimation moved away to streaming? Funi still gives Toonami a few scraps, but their big timers like MHA stay stream exclusive.

Super dub fans hate that it's on Toonami. Because every marathon Toonami has causes the Super dub to be delayed for everyone. Toonami is a novelty item for 20 somethings, once it does get canned, no one will care or even notice

>getting something on TV is still important
Lmao go back to bed grandpa, nobody cares what Toonami airs

i was just answering what series they were talking about

Literally too good for toonami.

Well gee, those sure are some hot opinions. Streaming is definitely important, but TV is not exactly going away. People still watch it. People still make shows for it. Having your programs on it never hurts, and where exactly can you get anime on American television? Toonami. It's the only place around.

Its just huntertards mad that people made o my rubber nen a meme

yeah, i understand the meme but i don't get why that's the part they're forcing it with

>Black Cover

Gee thanks. My Hero Academia, one of the hotttest shows right now? Nope, just Autisitc Screeching: The Anime.

It really is one of the most cliche anime I've ever seen. A lot of people mention Naruto, and it really is Naruto without the interesting supporting cast.

i think the supporting cast gets better as the series goes on

not that that helps for a while

And Fairy Tail without the... it's Fairy Tail with screeching.

Jesus Christ what a fucking unashamed fairy tail knockoff

Vis is too protective of it. And for good reason.

Because they figure that if they make fun of another series stupid plot enough everyone will forget oh my rubber nen

Even Crunchyroll realizes this show is bad

Hulu has it

Does it even have any redeeming qualities? Like one god tier waifu, or great effects?

Bleach was at least so tryhard in its own way that the fact that it sucked is somewhat funny. BC seems to be beneath even Fairy Tail.

Wait...Hulu has Black Clover too. What the fuck? I thought that was the whole reason we couldn't have MHA.

hulu.com/black-clover

it's its only saving grave

>basic tsunederefu (actually two now that I think about it)
>hungryfu
>drunkfu
>shyfu
>poorfu
>rich supportingfu
>tons of oldersister types
>pscyhofu
>best sister...fu
>best darkgirl

the reason toonami can't have mha is that they won't pay enough for it

streaming caters to a niche market that is already committed whether they want to be or not

cable is an avenue to potential markets, even if the ratings are in decline the potential for new audiences will never get overlooked

Bleach started nontraditionally but then devolved because of editorial pressures. Black clover started in a shitty place and never left.

Mangaka can draw really nice tits and main girl doesn't wear panties.
Anime also has a very serious problem with its pacing it feels so slow and for good reason they adapted 5 chapters into 7 episodes.

>51 episodes
>3 episodes behind Funi's simuldub(we used to get these day 1)
I wanted Toonami to survive but if this the best what they're giving us, it can rot.

>My Hero Academia, one of the hotttest shows right now?

based on what metric, Sup Forums?

Sup Forums also thinks Fate/Apocrypha is shit, and while they aren't wrong about it it's still one of the highest viewed animes of the season

but Naruto is about Aliens.

It's called "Funi knows MHA is popular as fuck and they're not giving it up that easily"

she's great