It's happening Sup Forumsmrades!

Netflix did it again!

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/126287950
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait what?

God is real
if they don't fuck it up

Explanation of what 'Klaus' was and why it's worth looking forward to for us who don't know?

vimeo.com/126287950

teaser for y'all

2D animated feature created by the guy who came up with the concept with despicable me. People are hyped because of how even though it is hand drawn, it is shaded to give a CG-esque look, so a lot of people are hoping that this is the film that brings 2D animation back.

The animation looks gorgeous, but I'm not excited for the premise (a Santa Claus movie? Whatever).

Damn that looks great? I might acually spend money to see this in theaters.
Can we expect it before 2025?

Good stuff. Reminds me of the discworld novel Going Postal.

About fucking time this thing is gonna get produced
They better not fuck it up though

loved this book, that con artist was a fun character.

>Disney wouldn't meet Terry halfway on the Mort movie.
Worst fucking timeline.

what are the chances of netflix starting the 2d animation renaissance?

Can't remember the last time I was so impressed with just a teaser trailer. It looks great

we ned a new "Shrek" but in 2D, a movie that's a game changer, which will outerfom disney releases.

It seems like a perfect time for a 2d renaissance.
Pixar went to trash and Disney can't come up with nothing but sequels anymore like all the other cash in studios

I wonder what on earth they were thinking looking into making a movie from a book all about death and asking if they could make it less morbid.

Yeah I would love a Disney movie based on Discworld. But I'm glad Terry put his foot down when they wanted to downplay the death stuff. It really sucks though that there's so many great things to adapt from Discworld to screen but it would be so difficult to adapt them properly. I hope that TV series based around the Watch is still getting made.

Jesus Christ, this movie looks gorgeous. I would have never expected something like this to come out of my country.

went to trash BECAUSE of Disney.

and WDAS cant make a good movie on their own even if their lives dependent on it.

So this is a variation on the Santa Claus origin story I take it?

Nice really, really nice

I remember watching this way back. So glad its getting a chance

>trying to tone down death in discworld
That totally missed the entire point of death.
He’s an inevitability, but one that shouldn’t be feared. He isn’t evil, bad, or fearsome. He just is. No matter what. So you do what you can with the time you have and live to the fullest.
I’m pissed just reading that.

>that kid with cancer who wrote to terry thanking him for removing the fear from death
Oh god I get teary just thinking about it.

>I'm glad Terry put his foot down

Terry was a champ

the actual secret to it is that it is 3D. At least in part. It's that fabled 2D/3D hybrid that Disney was trying to achieve with paperman, perfected.

>netflix

wouldn't surprise me if part of the contract stipulates they have to shit on white people or christianity at least a little bit

whats this from?

So where the gif from?

Glad to see Morrison finally getting the movie bucks.

Treasure Planet thread a while back told me this was by the same animators as Treasure Planet, which had godtier animation. That true?

HELLO NETFLIX YOU'VE BEEN GREENLIT

It's from freelance animator Toniko (He did Crayon Dragon, Wolf Song). It's just some WIP thing he's gradually been posting on his Twitter, I don't know if it's part of any short he's working on.

I think it was the same guy that animated Dr. Doppler. You can really tell with the main character in Klaus

I wish user, though this would make a good movie

>
He was among the best.

You said it.

>Read these in Christopher Lee's voice
>Realize he's dead too and will never voice Death again.

>all these pratchettfags
nice
think mort is still gettin adapted though, just not by disney

this happens every time I wake up

RIP Terry

Bump

bump

I'm hoping it gets a theatre run.

Hopefully his fat daughters find a good studio. One writes for video games and worked on one of the Overlord titles, which are very Pratchetty.
>I also suspect she helped out on the last couple books, Snuff and Raising Steam were kind of off.

yeah, here's to hoping

were they really? i'll keep that in mind, but do they at least end the series on a high note?

I haven't had the heart to read Raising Steam just yet but Snuff definitely felt very formulaic for s Pterry novel. Very predictable and the characters felt like they were the sitcom version.
I'm not going to on dump on the man since he was a trooper and kept up writing while his brain was rotting out it his head but Unseen Academicals seemed like the best send off, just about everybody shows up and it has a nice little twist.

i'll keep it in mind, thanks user
definitely can't blame the man for getting help in the last years of his condition

Go to bed Scrooge.

It wasn't Disney "trying to tone down the Death stuff". You're conflating two stories, it was another studio that wanted to tone down the Death stuff.

As far as I know, Terry wasn't even involved in Disney dropping the project. It was rights issues. Disney just wanted the rights to Mort with an option to do more if it was a success. Whoever owns the film rights to Discworld told them they had to buy everything. Disney didn't want to cough up the dough and shut the project down.

Do you really think the guys who brought us Bambi's Mom, Mufasa, and Clayton hanging himself would have an issue with death?

From the headline I thought we were getting a movie based on pic related, which was a really fucking good story.

>what are the chances of netflix starting the 2d animation renaissance?

>we ned a new "Shrek" but in 2D, a movie that's a game changer, which will outerfom disney releases

It's a shame that only Japan is standing up for 2D these days.

>Your Name received widespread acclaim from critics, who praised the film for its animation and emotional impact, and was also a major commercial success, becoming the fourth-highest-grossing film of all time in Japan, the 7th-highest-grossing traditionally animated film, the highest-grossing anime and Japanese alike film and the 4th-highest-grossing non-English film worldwide

Despite the praise he received, Makoto Shinkai insisted that the film is not as good as it could have been: "There are things we could not do, Masashi Ando [Director of animation] wanted to keep working [on] but had to stop us for lack of money ... For me it’s incomplete, unbalanced. The plot is fine but the film is not at all perfect. Two years was not enough."

this is one of the most british articles I've ever seen.
>'survived better than expected' after being run over by a steamroller at the dorset steam fair, by a steam roller called Lord Jericho.

Klaus really should get picked up by some studio but all the shoe one nowadays are incompetent as fuck, guys like Miller got movies deals and Grants got Happy being made by Syfy

So, rotoscoped 3D?
That seems cool.
It actually looks more beautiful and authentic than simple cel-shaded 3D CGI.