ONE WEEK UNTIL THE HEY ARNOLD MOVIE

ONE WEEK UNTIL THE HEY ARNOLD MOVIE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xlgLnihpwcg
youtu.be/uDurlQKD4PU?t=2m45s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

waiting

Will Helga find herself in a harem of green eyes? Will they be the ones to finally push her to spill her spaghetti again?

Also why does Helga have Gerald's shoe?

And most importantly, will they repeat this scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=xlgLnihpwcg

>why does Helga have Gerald's shoe?

It's part of Bartlett's elaborate scheme involving Arnold getting cucked by his "best friend" after he finally comes to realise his true feelings for Helga.

Movie Helga's retina and eyebrows are too big

>Movie Helga's retina and eyebrows are too big

I'm still torn on the art-style, but you're essentially right.

Is this still sinking in for anyone else?

I loved Hey Arnold growing up, and remember being disappointed that there was no follow up to "the Journal".

I rewatched the show a few years ago and saw all the fan campaigns for the Jungle Movie, but knew deep down it was just a pipe dream.

Hey Arnold is actually, really going to finally get its proper ending.

I just hope it'll be good, but either way I'm excited

I remember being there back in 2015 when the first signs for the movie popped up; Nick announcing their interest in bringing back classics, the Facebook comment, and Raymie Muzquiz taking the storyboard down. The movie will premiere 2 years and 1 day after it was first announced.

One week?
I haven't seen any advertisements at all

I haven't seen Hey Arnold in years but really want to see this conclusion.

To get me up to speed what would you say are some essential HA episodes for homework? Particularly for this movie

Wait, one week? Holy shit, seriously?

Parents Day and The Journal are the main essentials before this movie.

Every episode is stand alone. The only 2 episodes that would tie into this movie are "Parent's Day" and "The Journal"

I'm pumped as fuck

>a long way to go until my favorite 90’s show comes back
This year is a very obscenely long year

I can already guess the ending

>Arnold decides to stay with parents in the jungle
>After he says his goodbyes everyone begins to leave, Arnold and family to their jungle home ,friends to the plane back home or wherever
>All except Helga
>Arnold looks back and sees her
>Decides he has a reason to stay in Hillwood
>Parents notice this
>Go to her son
>Goes back with friends
>Helga and Arnold arc finally closed

Lol no. Craig said that the movie ends on the first day of 6th grade

It’s still sinking in for the people that mde it

>6th grade

If the show continues after the Jungle Movie, do you think it would it be more like the Helga centered spin-off they had been planning that got rejected because it was too similar to Daria?

>Used to love HA growing up.
>The relatively unique setting for a cartoon, solid cast of characters, and willingness to address some of the rougher aspects of life without dumbing things down really drew me in.
>Always wondered why it seemed to just fade away without resolving anything, especially after Parent's Day and The Journal.
>That big revival in Sup Forums interest a few years back.
>Rediscovering the old episodes and soundtrack with Sup Forums.
>Seriously the soundtrack is fucking gold and I wish it was more complete.
>Getting to see this announced after so many years.
>Getting to actually watch the finale for one of my favorite childhood shows.
I don't even care if it's bad honestly. Of course I hope it's not but if it is in the end I won't mind. The fact that I'm actually seeing this happen blows my mind and I'm beyond happy. The show was a huge influence for me and I really can't wait to see it have the proper conclusion it always deserved. It's insane to think that the journey's finally coming to an end after almost 20 years, and that people showed interest in it through that entire time.

“That sure is a lot of luggage, Rhonda.”

I want to fuck Rhonda and Phoebe at once.

>the last two seasons + the theatrical movie were animated with digital ink and paint
>this movie is doing the same, yet it get criticism for looking worse, when in reality it only looks worst than the first 3 seasons and the first movie

Why? Is it just nostalgia?

SOON

It's 2017, sir. We just finished a little marathon of Star Vs. The Forces of Evil. It's a pretty fun show which is ongoing with three seasons. I believe you're from 2005, correct?

The designs have definitely been intentionally changed/simplified, and the backgrounds and colors are brighter and less hand-made feeling.
But the animation quality is probably in all actuality about the same.

ANYWAYS, could anyone recommend me some episodes to watch to get up to speed?

The two you really need to watch have already been named in the thread, but anything with Helga as the main character is the best.
In all honesty about 90% of episodes are pretty good, if you've got Hulu or can borrow a login binge away

I'm actually a big cel animation fag (at least for anime, I can handle it here), and what you said is pretty accurate. It looks a little too perfect. The actual animation itself seems to be alright though, and I think the backgrounds for certain parts are still hand painted.

I can actually see this happening now hell anything is possible at this point

Rhonda is better girl with better feet.

Problem would be nowhere to put it, MTV doesn't air cartoons anymore, seems like an odd fit for Comedy Central, and on TeenNick it probably wouldn't get much of an audience or pay for itself.
The plan was always to have it be too mature for the main Nick channel. If Viacom didn't hate streaming I'd suggest it be a Netflix kinda show

Yeah, the backgrounds look great.

You're not the only one who's pumped.

>Gerald went from a tall high top fade to copying his brother with a tall Gumby

Anyone else realize this a callback to Adult Gerald in Helga's and Arnold's dream?

Look, Helga x Arnold is great and all, but let's not forget the TRUE best HA! pairing

I really hope not, there were some really dumb ideas in the old The Patakis pitch(especially the ones relating to Arnold and Helga breaking up and Arnold moving to San Lorenzo, it'd be the worst blue balls in the universe to end their relationship immediately after them getting together, especially now due to the time that passed between the show ending and us finally getting The Jungle Movie)

at the same time if they do continue Hey Arnold after Jungle Movie, I wouldn't be against them doing a timeskip, just I'd rather see one that focuses on Helga and Arnold as a couple in High School or College

You only technically need to see Parent's Day and The Journal, but there are a shit load of episodes that directly tie into Helga and Arnold's relationship and a bunch of other stuff.

Oh, and I believe that this image is from the end of the movie after Arnold and Helga express their feelings to each other. It is a direct contrast from the moment near the start of the film where they crash into each other in the same spot.

Anyone else think they're marketing this film pretty badly? They're not even playing "The Journal" before the film starts.

Helga a cute

I'm surprised that someone gave them money in the first place.

BLACKED
L
A
C
K
E
D

Welcome sir to 2017!, let me tell you the news, we already watch the ending of Samurai Jack, the Clone wars have ending, God Emperor Donald Trump is now in office, Praise Kek!

This is going to be the most diverse Hey Arnold product of all time.

>letting your daughter get BEANED
Bob has failed as a father.

Big Bob probably doesn't know. He's a true American patriot so I doubt he'd let it slide.

>your perfect daughteru gets beaned
>your literal who daughter is the one to carry on the legacy

Maximum Irony

>white blonde married couple

How very quaint.

Hope the mods sticky the premiere thread.

I need to stockpile my reaction images for it.

oh shit already

There’s zero question he voted for Trump, if the storyboards weren’t done 2 years ago I’d bet it’d get alluded to

There's like six trailers dude

If this doesn't happen then this board is dead.

The animation looks a little bit too stiff for my liking.

What would it need to happen for the movie to be a dissapointment in your eyes?

Stinky's voice sounded weird

PLEASE TELL ME this movie is still set in the mid to late 90s, in an undisclosed city locating where the streets are filled with 50s and 60s cars that are parked everywhere.

I would also watch the first movie in addition to Parent's Day and The Journal.

This, it's fine at times but damn

Is... is that Bojack Horseman?

It’s the “No sir, I don’t like it” horse from Ren & Stimpy

>its a start of the remake
HA HA KILL ME

The film ends with a return to the status quo like the last movie, with Helga retracting her confession and Arnold gracefully accepting the retraction to avoid humiliating her. I would be furious.

While I don't expect the film to end with them turning him into an official couple (I think it would be actually pretty silly) I want there to at least be some meeting half way for once.

Mr. Horse. He's usually grey though.

Don't worry, Olga will learn her lesson. He turns out to be a pirate - check top of image for his legs/sandals

>its a start of the remake

Nah. A sequel series has always been on the cards.

I don't mean sequel series. I'm talkin reboot. If this happens i'll literally require YOU to come kill me.

i thought they originally said the jungle movie was going to have Arnold's answer

>i thought they originally said the jungle movie was going to have Arnold's answer

Yeah but answer is very vague. I imagine (and hope) it'll be more like he requites her feelings somewhat, and makes it clear that he likes her But he doesn't somewhat unrealistically fall head over heels in melodramatic love. Helga would have to be content with him just saying that he really likes her, not becoming an official boyfriend-girlfriend thing.

>I'm talkin reboot

It would never be a reboot. Even Nick is aware that the reason the show is so popular is because people are invested in the characters and the 90s metropolitan setting. I doubt Craig Bartlett would even accept such a thing.

> I doubt Craig Bartlett would even accept such a thing.
Do you even keep up with his accounts?
youtu.be/uDurlQKD4PU?t=2m45s

I think we're getting confused between a reboot and a remake. I'm saying that Bartlett wouldn't do a new take on the series, he would only continue the series (or do the Patakis).

Well, if we're being specific, it wouldn't be either a reboot or a remake, it would just be a new season. But you're right, discarding the whole series and recreating it would be dumb.

That screenshot looks nice.
Confirms to me the daytime colors are too bright and the night scenes look more similar to the old show.
But I’m sure I’ll get used to it, it’s by no means a dealbreaker.

I do really like that Harold has Clarence’s pajamas, cool subtle nod (both of the directors of TJM worked on that show). Also interesting how the artistic influence has gone full circle.
But what the fuck is going on with Gerald here

whats his name beside stinky's nose isn't finished

>Confirms to me the daytime colors are too bright and the night scenes look more similar to the old show.

This so hard, I thought the scene from SDCC looked really beautiful. The day scenes definitely look too saturated.

Also Gerald's not in the picture. If you mean the person with the black hair sticking up with the pink dress, I think that's Rhonda. The humidity fucked up her hair.

I meant Eugene, weird slip

For some reason it's not coloured in the movie in all the scenes
They probably thought it looked too much like a penis

I don’t think that’s Rhonda cuz she’s got no tiddies

He got a jungle disease.

>Confirms to me the daytime colors are too bright and the night scenes look more similar to the old show.

Yeah I have to agree with you there. The style is much better in darkness.

I can't WAIT until these two get together.

holy shit i hate short-limbed helga
i think the exaggeratedly long limbs reflect her personality so well, like compare that to

Luckily it seems a fair amount of the movie will be set in the dark or not in daytime so most of it will hopefully be bearable to watch.

I think they just made her head too big and arms wider. It was a strange design decision. That and the larger corneas.

THANK YOU
now i know why this scene looked so odd to me, Helga isn't lanky anymore.
she looks like a fucking chibi

>she looks like a fucking chibi

That's it. I was wondering what it was. She looks younger than in the original series, which I don't think was a good direction for them to move in. At least not for waifu purposes.

That time when Arnold rips of Helga's shirt

TJM Helga is an oppai-loli confirmed

Can we all agree that pic related, along with The Journal, were the best looking and directed episodes in the show? Season 3 looked the best consistently, and season 1 had a nice charm, but these 3 episodes looked fantastic for some reason (the focuses on the characters made me hard)

I personally prefer the traditional cel look for this show (so S2 and S3 look best to me, S1 has those different early designs that aren’t quite as good), though it transitioned to digital much better than the likes of Dexter’s Lab, Recess, and The Simpsons’ early attempts

>that episode where Big Bob Pataki almost crushes his own daughter's skull

Yeah they final couple from like 2003 were very nice, though I have a soft spot for 2 and 3.

why does olga have whore makeup in this?