Justice League is set to only make $95 million in it's opening weekend

variety.com/2017/film/box-office/justice-league-box-office-opening-weekend-below-estimates-1202617685/
>$30 million less than Thor: Ragnarok
*Inhales*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ-dNk05Gf8
youtu.be/Sa2jYn3LmlE
youtube.com/watch?v=JpTdK2kn6TA&t=0m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=Mbn7Ag-1dQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

JUST

I am really curious if Joss helped or hurt this movie

Would its rating be worse if it was all Snyder?
What about money?

Guess we will never know, but WB better get their shit together because this is a fucking joke now

The few things people are praising all sound like Whedon.

HOW THE FUCK IS TIHS EVEN POSSIBLE?

Thank you based Taika.

By being a terrible movie.

I can't fathom.

People have been criticizing the fuck out of the terrible jokes they added and the fact that it makes the whole movie have no tonal consistency.

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ-dNk05Gf8

The MCU, and by extension the cinematic universes, had taught an entire generation to think like businessmen

At the same time some of the things people don't are mocking sound like Whedon.

What does that have to do with this?

>The old gods died he said

Im personally waiting for a marvel movie to flop one day and herald the end of cape movies.

I'm tired of them

Maybe. But WB took that idea and decided that the way to differentiate their produce from the MCU was to think like GODAWFUL businessmen.

By being the fourth unbelievably terrible movie in a series of only five movies.

>end of cape movies

Are you 12? Cape movies have been a thing longer than anyone on this board has been alive.

Not 3-5 of them every year. He's calling for a superhero movie recession.

I was born in 1929

Holy fuck, this is going down in the record books for being such a failure
>The JUSTICE LEAGUE will make $30 million less in its opening weekend than Thor and his buddies
$70 million less than BvS and almost $40 million less than Suicide Squad
>Movie is underperforming in China
>Is flopping in Europe (had the worst superhero opening of all time in France)
At this rate, the movie won't even gross $700 million worldwide.

Didn't she die?

Maybe one day but not any time in the next 5-7 years

It's what WB deserve after giving Snyder 3 chances.

Oh my god, I actually didn't even consider "What if this does worse than BvS"

Definitely helped.

Good movies get money and praise, bad ones don't. What a crazy world.

Sorry, I meant FUCKING DISNEY BRIBE MONEY AUDIENCES JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL COMIC MOVIES ARE BAD ANYWAY

Both.
On the one hand people are noticing the inconsistent tone and find Flash annoying.
On the other hand, all the stuff where they go "FINALLY Superman doesn't suck" thanks to Joss.

OH NO NO NO BOO
*Breathes in*
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

It may not even make Antman money.

Oh man, I totally forgot Snyder said that back then. Such sweet sweet delicious irony

>At this rate, the movie won't even gross $700 million worldwide.
Good.

But the MCU has already had a number of weak movies. The idea that all MCU movies automatically get praise and success is a meme by angry DCEUfags. People are happy to rank the MCU movies and tell you ones like Thor 2 weren't very good.

Probably because the MCU has had some successes people don't feel the need to defend every one of its movies as ABSOLUTE PERFECT KINO

This is the second time it's bit him in the ass too.

LOOK AT THIS DOOD

Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

>(had the worst superhero opening of all time in France)
No shit. Digitally removing someone's moustache is seen as equivalent to blackface in France.

Flop as in lose money. Every MCU movie has made a profit so far.

Six. Green Lantern was supposed to open the DCEU. Had a whole bunch of world-building stuff in it and everything.

So. Six.

One for six.

>$95 million

MUHH MILLIONS!!

Oh shit

Disney knows how to manipulate the media to hide their unsellable turds or put the entire blame on one man only (Whedon for Ultron). See

It's not tho.

>that filename
kek

>Disney knows how to manipulate the media to hide their unsellable turds
It's quite literally a common joke around pretty much everyone that nobody even knows what Thor 2 is about or what happened in it.

>Green Lantern

I keep forgetting that movie exists.

That's probably the idea. It's in witness protection, WB disavows all knowledge, etc.

You know console wars are pretty retarded. But i somewhat understand it in faggots needing to justify their purchase to strangers on the internet.

Movie company wars on the other hand, none of you are investors you don't get a cent of what any of these corporations are making. What are you even arguing about?

Like, nobody thought it was weird that RT was making a fucking event out of revealing the JL score?

The success or failure of the movie depends on how much they make and thus, if there will be more movies and what tone they may or may not take. Also, be real, Snyderfags are fucking annoying

They just didn't care.
youtu.be/Sa2jYn3LmlE

Christ, that's right.

I envy you.

We all thought it was weird.

Oh shit, Taika was right.
youtube.com/watch?v=JpTdK2kn6TA&t=0m24s

I think that had more to do with WB having a embargo

RT doesnt decide when they can post reviews

I wonder if somebody reminded them recently.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mbn7Ag-1dQ0

I actually am an investor.

>Also, be real, Snyderfags are fucking annoying

and Mousekateers aren't. Also why are you trying to justify it? It's stupid, just admit it.

Yeah but that was just them milking the drama to promote their own shit.

What we're experiencing is the realization that the Justice League's first major outing is not only a sloppy CGI-fest, or being tepidly received, but the fact that it will be making substantially less than the third Thor movie. It's one thing to joke about it for years, but to see it happen is so fucking bizarre.

>I envy you.

It helps that GL isn't really one of "my" characters. Outside of the DCAU I've never had any attachment to any iteration to the character.

So it me it was just a terrible movie where Ryan Reynolds fights a floating psychic testicle and Tim Robbins has weird George Bush hair, not the eye-rending nightmare that it must have been to actual fans of the character. They felt what I eventually did when MOM'S GONNA FREAK Squad came out.

Marvel took their time building up their characters.

>Marvel took their time building up their characters.
Hawkeye and Black Widow got movies? Are they even going to get movies?

Thats a silly comparison.
You are really comparing them to Flash or Aquaman?

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

It's a new defense mechanism for DCEUfags in denial, since this year destroyed their standard "2DEEP4U" and "MARVEL BIAS" defenses.

Another one you see a lot now is "all comic movies are equally bad".

Anything to protect themselves from admitting the obvious truth.

Talk about development time when we see this on screen.

>Wanda
>Vision
>Black Widow
>Hawkeye
>War Machine
>Dictir Strange

Marvel doesnt have either of their movie rights sadly

They didn't get movies, but appeared in other movies building up their characters. DC simply tried to slap a team movie toghether with next to no build up with any of the characters. The entire DC movieverse feels rushed as fuck.

I'm sorry to see it underperform, i went in with modest expectations and ended up loving it actually. Some of the humor was a bit out of placebut overall the movie was great, the cast works great together.

>>War Machine
Rhodey was in IM1
>>Dictir Strange
had his own movie
>>Black Widow
was in IM2

Why are you blatantly lying

There has been talk of a Black Widow movie for a while. I don't think Hawkeye would get his own, since in the MCU he's too similar to Black Widow to warrant it (both are basically secret agents).

But both of those characters have appeared in several other MCU movies, and so have had time to be developed outside of the Avengers team films.

It's still obviously Marvel bias as anyone who says that Thor 3 was good but Justice league is bad is obviously biased against DC movies.

You can't just like one more than the other? It has to be an agenda against or for one? This is where you think we are now?

Why forget when you can be bitter

>Rhodey was in IM1
>Black Widow was in IM2
Amd there hasn't been any character devlopment for them, Black Widow is essentially replaceable with any hot chick.

Wonder Woman was one of the year's biggest critical and commercial successes. The LEGO Batman movie was also a smash success.

But if it makes you feel better, keep telling yourself that everyone just hates DC and won't let it succeed.

It’s a long time coming. What, did you think DC could just keep making shitty movies and people would just reward them forever with their money? Personally, I thought this freefall would be saved for the spin-offs like Aquaman and Flash, but I’m glad it’s finally kicking in now.

Hawkeye and black window are near background characters, they are literally portrayed as just a couple of shield agents rather than avenger members

Only Age of ultron portrayed them as a "big deal"

Yet she was more fleshed out than everyone but Batman, Superman and WW in Justice League.....thats not a good thing for JL.

Yeah, it's sad. I think JL was the final straw. Anyone left defending the DCEU has simply broken with reality at this point. They have to live in a fantasy world of conspiracies and paranoia to avoid facing the fact that the DCEU movies are just bad.

Not his dialogue, but the chemistry between characters and how they interact with each other.

Which we know isn't Snyder, because Snyder has openly stated that he dislikes guys in costumes talking to each other for long.

>You can't just like one more than the other?
You can but you just can't say in good faith say that Thor 3 was a "better" movie.

I'd put money on them bringing her back to be Thanos' love interest in lieu of Mistress Death.

Every single capeshit movie released this year got a good critical reception, except Justice League. Every single one. Wonder Woman, Lego Batman (both DC), Thor, Spider-Man, Guardians (Marvel), and Logan (Fox). Justice League is failing because it's a piece of shit.

Thor 3 had understandable character arcs, memorable action beats and didn't look like shit.

>inb4 plastic armor

I'll take that over the fucking greenscreen and Mummy Returns Steppenwolf.

You can meme about quips all you want, I gave a shit about Thor and Valkyrie in Ragnarok and didn't care about a fucking thing in Justice League. I literally felt nothing when fucking SUPERMAN came back to life.

And Wonder Woman was a decent movie with the best cape action scene of the year. Eat my nuts.

Or has a working brain. I think I'm beginning to see the problem here, actually.

KA-LEL NOOOO

What?

See this is the marvel bias I'm talking about.Objective reality being ignored.

GOOD, SNYDER MUST FAIL SO DCEU CAN SUCEED.

SNYDER MUST GO

Or it's failing because of an obvious bias against the DC cinematicr universe.

Nah, don't let the other user rile you up. You're in the right and everyone agrees with you, which is why the other user is raging so hard.

Thor 3 was fun. Goldblum was great. Mark Mothersbaugh created a great soundtrack.

YEEEEEES THE DREAM IS FINALLY A REALITY

What would people have said ten years ago if you told them that a third Thor movie would make more movie than the fucking Justice League movie?

I think Death will more likely appear in Avengers Untitled, and it will be for a time ambiguous whether she is real or not.

lol salty cuck

>DC fans left defending Justice League against a Thor movie

The goal posts keep sinking lower.

The problem is your blind company loyalty willing to delude yourself that a mediocre movienisbbetter than another mediocre movie just because one is about Thor.

>notes objective facts proving your ranting wrong
>"Objective reality being ignored"

Please, I'm saying this sincerely: seek help. You've broken with reality. You're not longer processing the world as it is, but as you want it to be.

Please get help.