Eurocomix Storytime: Satania

Hey Sup Forums let's read Satania! This is an adventure-horror comic about a girl who goes looking for her brother in the depths of the Earth, where he disappeared while attempting to prove a scientific theory about Hell.

It's by Fabien Vehlmann and Kerascoët, the same creators behind BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS. And if you liked that or if you like manga like DRIFTING CLASSROOM or UZUMAKI (or anything else by Junji Ito) I think you'll probably like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YSwsj-bY7qg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I usually get bored storytiming so comments conversation etc is very welcome.

Never read this one before. Loved Beautiful Darkness though. Any similarities?

"Kerascoët" might as well stand for beautiful art. It's actually a husband and wife pair, I think, Marie Pommepuy and Sébastien Cosset.

There is an Spanish rock band with a song that has this name.

It's a terrible song and the band is shit.

In particular I think the cartoonish and simple style of the characters vs. the increasingly grandiose horror in this works really well.

It's a more conventional narrative and it may initially seem lighter in tone but it twists very dark, just like Beautiful Darkness does.

Link plz.

I sometimes have autism about square speech bubbles but here having them be so regular adds to the effect when they change them up; the lettering certainly works.

I warn you. This is fucking shit:

youtube.com/watch?v=YSwsj-bY7qg

Thanks user. It might sound better to someone who doesn't understand the lyrics.

Not to give too much away, but this comic plays around with some of my favourite themes in its take on Hell.

In particular, the idea that Hell might be just as ineffable as Heaven. And that there's a mirror to saintliness within the infernal. And it manages that despite having an essentially secular take!

There's a fair drop of the standard stuff and "hell is other people" too.

I just remembered there are titties in this past a certain point.

It's fairly non-lewd so I'll just have to hope the janitors are feeling lenient.

Thule is a well chosen name, here.

Heck yeah! Thanks OP I've been meaning to read this!

Welp

>it finally got translated
heyhey very nice op

NP user. I really enjoyed it, I hope you do too.

We're about 1/3rd of the way through but really we're just starting to get to the meat.

This being a eurocomic, can I fap to it?

I believe in you user. There's at least a little bit of /d/ to come.

Oh geeez I guess arachnophobia would be a bad thing to have in that society.

I like this page a lot.

Don't ban me mods.

Fucking Legoff ruining everything for everyone.

Fuck this guy.

I do like how he's continually shown as disturbed (but the other characters aren't really paying attention) before he snaps.

Gud page.

I find it hard to get into horror comics that can't shock or disturb on the page, but Kerascoët definitely can.

mother of mercy

kerascoet sure can pull his (their?) punches

is that page supposed to be pitch black?

Their, yeah. It's a duo. Pages like this one feel sort of pointless when you're posting them like this, but it'd have an impact in the physical copy.

Yep.

Finally, I hate this fucker.

Like I said earlier, this contrast of cute and simple against horrific and detailed just really works for me. It did in Beautiful Darkness as well.

I know some people are put off by the cartoonish proportions more common in euro comics though.

Priest-man?, more like Beast-man amirite?

There's a place in Chihuahua Mexico like this, they called it the Crystal Caves.

The style certainly is uniek, I would not say off putting.
Not my personal favorite, but it works well for this story.

i like how they still mention something as small as food when confronted with hell desu, it's a real humanizing touch

Love these last two pages, just really gorgeous.

Oh fuck this is good.

Ban me not, o wise and merciful mods.