F

>AXEL ALONSO Out, CB CEBULSKI In As Marvel Editor-in-Chief
>C.B. Cebulski has been named Editor-in-Chief of Marvel Entertinmant, with Axel Alonso stepping down from the post to depart Marvel entirely.
>No reason for Alonso's departure or his destination were given. In a statement on Twitter, Marvel said "Axel Alonso leaves an incredible mark at Marvel. His vision shaped some of our most iconic Super Heroes and stories. We wish him the best."
newsarama.com/37418-axel-alonso-out-cb-cebulski-in-as-marvel-editor-in-chief.html

B-but Brevoort said Marvel was doing great?!

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/11/17/scoop-c-b-cebulski-editor-marvel-comics/
bleedingcool.com/2016/05/24/everything-you-knew-about-captain-america-was-wrong-semi-spoilers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bendis gone, alonso gone, now it's brevoorts turn

>B-but Brevoort said Marvel was doing great?!
Reactions like this always baffle me because I can count the times of times someone who worked for company, when making an official statement as an officer of that company, has said anything other than "Everything is good and we're great" on one hand.

It's like, what the fuck do you think they're gonna say? "Oh gee it turns out we have absolutely idea what we're doing and our attempts to gimmick our sales into something sustainable have failed miserably and DC is hoovering up new talent like an industrial strength vacuum cleaner! We're fucked for the foreseeable future!"? Have you ever talked to a business person before on the record before???

Brevoort next pls.

Thank fucking God. You're next Breevort you cunt.

Do you reckon Breevort is shiting in his pants right now?

>everyone is jumping ship to DC
this is the worst timeline

Thank god!

I’m actually glad. Axel was just so terrible. The asshole chased away so much talent.

I’d even take Quesada over him.

They will probably either: a) jump back to Marvel after Bendis rapes DC up the ass without lube, b) jump to Image, c) jump to Darkhouse, aka worst publisher, d) give up on comics all together.

>This will need a lot of unpacking, I am sure. But for now, C.B.? Congratulations. DC? The game is on. This is where everything changes for Marvel publishing.
bleedingcool.com/2017/11/17/scoop-c-b-cebulski-editor-marvel-comics/

LOL Please keep this post in mind for the future. It could very well turn out to be the next

>DC Universe: Rebirth? That was the trial run. Marvel wins.
bleedingcool.com/2016/05/24/everything-you-knew-about-captain-america-was-wrong-semi-spoilers/

>that interview where he admits he literally offers everything to Bendis first

Even with Quesada's OMD and BND? Including the fact that Quesada is a tubrocunt to DC and is the main reason we aren't getting any more DC/Marvel crossovers?

Alonso was from DC in the first place. He would just be coming home.

Would DC even want him anymore after his run at Marvel?

He just got a little drunk with power. Put him back with Vertigo and he'd be fine.

Axel was too much of a Yesman to everyone (especially to Bendis). Sometimes you need to put your foot down.

Hopefully the new guy can trim things around. Maybe bring in new and better blood.

Nope. It's C.B. Cebulski, who for the most part has been in China all this time.

Maybe Disney fostered the executive shift as a means of having somebody who knows how to exploit Chinese masses. Sort of like how they make movies that pander to Chinese markets nowadays. Remember when it was blaxploitation? Now it's chinksploitation, or whatever a less slurvacious term might be.

Ricesploitation?

Quesada at least brought in new big writers and artists. He’s by no means flawless of course. But he had a tighter grip on Marvel and the comic universe.

Axel chased away tons of big star writers and artists. And overall it feels like everyone is running around the kitchen with no supervision.

>B-but Brevoort said Marvel was doing great?!
Brevoort would have known that Alonso and Bendis were on the way out before us, so yeah, Marvel is doing great.

>C.B. Cebulski

Fucking finally. Alonso was absolute dogshit and one of the reasons Marvel has been so horrendous. Maybe now there's hope.

Alonso was just a stooge for Quesadilla and Marvel execs anyway. That's what the EIC position is now at Marvel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso saw the writing on the wall like Bendis did and jumped ship.

Now we pray he doesn't come over to DC to edit the Superman books.

>implying Alonso wasn't forced out
>implying Bendis wasn't peeved when he learned somebody else was gonna be EIC

Dunno how you can even claim this. Quesada is the CCO, which is a significantly higher position than EiC. He could had put a stop to Alonso at any time but didn't.

I highly doubt Bendis wanted to be EIC, it would be way too much hassle for a lazy fudgepacker like him.

He probably wanted to be CCO and get involved in movies and TV but there are already too many people with their fingers in that pie.

>“I just had a landmark (50th) birthday and I had lost a lot of weight and I was thinking about what else I could do to scare myself,” he said. “What could I do next? DC was coming at me pretty hard with offers that were hard to resist. But it was not until I walked into the library that everything came together. I remembered how much I connected with Superman, how I was an artist during the 1988 Superman convention in Cleveland (The Neverending Battle celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Man of Steel.)”

>His vision shaped some of our most iconic Super Heroes and stories

Like allowing Captain America to be turned into a Nazi.

>That interview when he identifies as a Korean man because his wife is korean

N, user. He meant it's Brevoorts turn to be fired, not be EiC.

I could have sworn Alonso was an artist for DC.

>first Bendis
>Now Axel
I’m honestly surprised. Like really really generally surprised.
I would not have believed to ever see Bendis and Axel leave Marvel (especially the former). I always expected that no matter what happened, the higher up people would never leave. It’s just so weird to see this happen.

>Cebulski

Oh boy another fat balding Jewish guy here to cram more nigger characters down my throat

He was an editor for Vertigo

>he doesn't know
lmao. Get ready for non-stop weeb pandering and selling out to the Chinese.

Ah. Well, my theory still stays.

I wonder if they even considered Brevoort for the position. Wouldn't he be next in line normally?

He seems content where is is now, being snarky and not coordinating where characters are.

And never reversing the damage done to Captain America and allow his clone with his pre-mindraped memories walk around pretending to be the real Captain America.
And taking away Thor's Mjolnir and making him unworthy.
And taking away Thor's given name that his mother gave him and give the Thor name to Jane.
And claiming that having cancer makes you the most worthy person alive.
And taking away Odin's kingdom and giving to the insignificant Frigga.
And Angela's very existences.
And killing Tony Stark again and replacing with Bendis OP OC.
And raping Spider-man up the ass and letting him shit all over himself afterwards.
And killing all the beefcake and cheesecake costumes.
And creating the surplus of shitty events.
And the lack of editors present and willing to do their jobs.

I'd take Chinese girls over of sassy black women with afros any day.

Cebulski sounds like the best EiC they've ever had. I for one welcome our new Sup Forums overlords

I've seen it happen at countless companies over the years. Dumbfuck executives get some stupid idea in their head on how to get unprecedented profits and force it down the throats of the whole company no matter how stupid it may seem. In turn, eventually top people start losing their jobs so that said executives can go "it's not my idea that's bad, it's these managers that aren't doing what I said right! So all you other managers, better straighten up and push my ideas even harder or you're next!". Typically the managers that are smart will realize they need to just leave for a better company.

In this case, most likely Marvel suits want to push outside of the direct market. This push is failing but Marvel are pushing more new characters and writers from outside comics. People like Bendis realize their company loyalty means nothing to these people and their creative control can be taken out from under them any day now, with Bendis shuffled off to write some obscure book instead of the top titles.

When things start to go south, companies very rarely hire the next in line. They usually will hire someone else who promises to do whatever they say, sometimes from outside the company, because they think the problem is that the last guy wasn't following their orders closely enough.

>yfw Mangaverse comes back

Congratulations, new Superman Group Editor Axel Alonso!

>Bendis and Alonso
>working together again
RIP DC

I hope Sup Forums understands that this is all on them from here on out for good or ill.

could this mean good news for the x-men?

It seems to me like Marvel actually got scared at how much they damaged a franchise that in comics has been their golden goose for decades. And they are trying to correct it.

>Axel Alonso stepping down from the post to depart Marvel entirely.
Good riddance, I never liked that fucking piece of shit hack.
He ruined deadpool and fucked up marvel.

Also fuck joe quesada for ruining pic related.

What's the worst that could happen? Fucking Shulkie goes full moe?

>Also fuck joe quesada for ruining pic related.
I know that feel.

I think you have that timeline backwards.

Alonso was probably canned for not even being able to Bendis placated.

He probably knew he wouldn't be able to get away with all his shit with a new EIC so he left before he would have ended up fired

>incredible mark on marvel
yeah, like skid marks in tighty whities.

Quesada was bad but Alonso was horribly incompetent. He didn’t know what he was doing and had no control.

STOP

I SAID STOP

I love boobs.

>now it's brevoorts turn
That's not how you spell S-L-O-T-T user.

>stepping down from the post to depart Marvel entirely.
H-he's not coming to DC with Bendis is he? Please don't fucking do this to me.

Slott isn't bad he just needs to do ANYTHING that isn't ASM, like going fixing she-hulk after Tamaki fucked it up.

>Bendis
>fudgepacker
ProTip: when Uncle Fester fantasizes about that scene where Luke Cage cornholes Jessica Jones ... he's not the pitcher.

>I love boobs.
So does J. Scott Campbell.

But you know what I really love?

Boobs.

>like going fixing she-hulk
I liked his older run with Shulkie; but I also said that the first and second time they brought Claremont back to an X-Book. Same with Rucka on Wondy.

>But you know what I really love?
>Boobs.
So does Adam Hughes!

Wouldn't putting your naked knees and calf on diamonds severely injure you?

>severely injure you
Are you serious? Uncomfortable yes because it'd be like kneeling on a pile of small rocks, but not severely injure you. lol

Well DC just took Bendis, the same Bendis who wrote Guardians of the Movie and Civil War 2

Bendis?

If the CCO is similar to DC's position then he really doesn't since his job would be to oversee the stuff outside comics like cartoons, games and other shit. The EiC is directly answerable to the publisher (Buckley).

The very same

He's already better than Alonso.

Johns didn't actually get much power until he was promoted to president. He was mostly just a comics liaison that they called if they needed to know something and talked to lawyers to smooth over rights issues.

Any idea who he was talking about?

This is promising.

Though, I'm sure Marvel will get better, but flop even more without Bendis and Alonso. With BH6 going to Boom (was it Boom?), I'm wondering if Disney is about to shut down Marvel comics.

>Regular readers of Bleeding Cool will know C.B. Cebulski well. Working for Marvel Comics since the early noughties, he was best known as the Talent Liason — the Marvel manager who would travel the world finding comic book artists at the top of their game in their respective countries and bring them to the motherland, as well as finding brand-new raw talent and hooking them up with the right people. The likes of Skottie Young, David Lafuente, Rob Guillory, Matteo Scalera, Sana Takeda, Paul Azacata, Adi Granov, Sara Pichelli, Phil Noto, Steve McNiven, and Val De Landro were amongst his finds.
Contast that with the "talent" brought in during Alonso's EiC tenure.

I don't think there's ever been a change I'll ever despise as much as that. That was one gigantic "fuck you" to Peter's development as a character.

At this point I pretty much see the mid-90s as the end of the Pete era, then pretend that Spider-Girl is the canon continuation.

Will cbr & reddit still claim everything is doing great at marvel?

It's the right thing to do.

Avoid Slott's Spiderverse like the plague.

Sana Amanat needs to go before Brevoort to be honest. Alonso and Amanat were the two biggest problem makers with Marvel who didn't understand comic and kept bringing in talentless people just because their political views aligned.

>I’d even take Quesada over him.
At this point I might as well start calling Quesadilla based, early 00's Marvel had some great shit and we were just unappreciative cunts.

What Slott needs to do is get an alcohol addiction again. This fucker is most probably the only person who's life got shitty after sobering up. The fucker got fatter and fatter, and his writing got worse and worse, as he drank less and less. Arkham Asylum, GLA, She-Hulk all written when he was a drunk, all fucking great.

>people who ruined Marvel going over to ruin DC now
No we finally starting getting better make it stop

Why are these people in a conspiracy to destroy cape comics?

Writers should never stop drinking.

I need to know who this was.

The very same?

Then why are the cartoons and games so shit then? Quesada is doing a terrible job.

don't fret either 1) they were DC plants making Marvel bad on purpose and they'll be good at DC now OR 2) they'll get REBIRTH'D like Lobdell

Damn it user, did you have to remind us that exists?

I dunno about that. Lobdell bought back Harvest in the latest Redhood & the Outlaws.

His version of the HIVE people are also coming back (the blonde who looks like Magik is on a cover)

Cebulski did pretty ok when it came to marvel animation.

Doing "ok" is easily much better than Axel Alonso shit work.

I thought Wacker was the one overseeing animation. I wonder if he was considered for the job. He may have been a dick on social media, but the fucker was a tight editor

I wonder how many people Alonso's felt up since he's being preemptively shuffled off on such short notice.

IT'S TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE

Possibly as few as none, it's just he managed to fuck up so hard that Bendis (who was Marvel's Guy) jumped ship.

Now, we all know that Bendis hasn't even been good for Bendis in years, but he was still probably viewed internally as a company man who could be reasonably counted on to deliver what was expected of him when asked for. So managing to have him jump ship pretty well out of the blue? That's a firing.

>At this point I might as well start calling Quesadilla based, early 00's Marvel had some great shit and we were just unappreciative cunts.

Just because you had to start eating diarrhea doesn't mean having to eat shit is okay, no matter how much there's an occasional piece of gold inside.

You're right but you're being waaay to autistic about it too.

Good thing DeFalco's Spider-Girl tie-in made it so Slott's May was an alt universe Mayday from the one we know.

>Cebulski
Isn't this guy in the sex pest hit list?

>Nope. It's C.B. Cebulski, who for the most part has been in China all this time.

Baizuo about to be BTFO?

>His first name is Comicbook.

BASED! But what will happen to Carol and Jess?