Justice League why does WB keep screwing this up?

I can't stand it anons, why can't they get this right? It can't be that hard. Any guesses as to the future of these movies? Is there anyway for them to steer this ship around, or will they have to start this DCEU over from scratch? Also will this have any affect on the comics side of things, like is it possible DC is going to go under after this crap?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/931288276060663808
pastebin.com/1mrCjiQv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I bet you haven't even seen it.

I have not that I know how to prove it to you. It's not just that it's a bad movie, but that it won't even make 100 million opening weekend.

>but that it won't even make 100 million opening weekend.

Wait, what?

It's currently on track to do only 95 million.

Just finished it. Man Barry sucked in this. If Supes want on screen I wasn't interested.

I have left the cinema. It was actually a nice film. Sure it's not a great one, but it was not THAT bad as some people were shit-posting about it.

Rotten Tomatoes are literally putting rotten reviews on articles that were mixed to positive.

twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/931288276060663808

I'm not going to watch it. At least, not now. I don't care about it.

Do you think that it's underperformance will have an effect of their future movies or DC's comic division?

original plot leaked

pastebin.com/1mrCjiQv

JUST

Fuck your shitty bait thread you know damn well who the problem is.

How does it feel knowing this shit movie will make them more than the comics did this entire year?

While they still give me more WW films, I dont care about the rest of superheroes.

I hope Flash flops hard. The series has been ruined enough without everyone associating the name with that future abortion

I don't understand? This movie isn't even going to break even so how are they going to make more off this movie than the comics if this movie isn't even going to make them any money?

>Anything with Superman talking is Whedon
That shows up way too often in that.

MAMA

It really sucked, just returned from the cimema

Well Aquaman is happening for sure and Wonder Woman 2 will probably go ahead.

If both of those go down well then I reckon they'll pack it in

*don't go down well

>I can't stand it anons, why can't they get this right?
Holy shit, I've said this a million, Snyder is the goddamn problem. Also execs are retarded, but Snyder is the fucking problem. Lego Batman and WW, both DC movies not connected with Snyder at all and they were well-recieved

This guy gets it.

So you're saying the first Avengers movie was bad? Because JL is not really that different

Is fucking snyder, before this guy showed up DC was fine with superman returns and Nolan trilogy.

Then watchmen came and DC movies started to be mocked however a small group of retards known as snyderfags tried to claim that this shit was actually good.

And THEN DCEU TURNED INTO SNYDER ALTERNATE VERSION OF DC INSTEAD OF BEING A FUCKING DC CINEMATIC UNIVERSE, BATMAN SHOOTING PEOPLE WITH PISTOLS AND SUPERMAN BREAKING NECKS.

The no killing rule has always been retarded, and tossing it out was one of Snyder's only good moves.

This, dceu is at the blink of colapse right now but if Aguaman , Wonder Woman 2 and Shazam got well then it can partially recover as a "hit and miss franchise".

However at this point it will never be like MCU or Fox X-men franchises, sorry but Snyder damage is way too big now.

>no killing rule is retarded
user this is a fucking SUPERHERO MOVIE. Do you know what a superhero is?If you don't like no killing rule then you can go back to Sup Forums and talk about naruto.

Not him but don't bring Narukino into this. Sup Forums hates naruto btw.

>he doesn't know

You can't even spell, why should i take your word for anything?

The first Avengers movie is bad. Pretty much everybody unanimously agreed on this after the initial hype wore off. It's almost pure fanwank and the first act is forgettable as hell.

And again, it's just sad when DCfags only response to "this movie is bad" is "b-b-but Marvel also makes bad movies". Yes. Agreed. Cape movies are largely shit, which is why people demand better.

Why does DC get most of the flack in that regard? Because these characters, except Cyborg, have been firmly in the public consciousness since their inception, even if only as "Aquaman is a joke" and "Flash runs fast".

Before the MCU, the most well-known of the first Avengers film's lineup was Hulk.

Ka Lel nooo

>The delusion is real
Avengers is no worse than TDK.
come at me.

The no killing rule has to do with censorship laws in a medium that was typically aimed at an audience of children. It's not actually integral to the characters themselves; just an arbitrary obstacle imposed by the government that writers had to work around.

Are you fucking dumb? You're still deflecting criticism.

The fact that Troll 2 is shit doesn't make Manos: Hands of Fate good.

TDK and Avengers are both overrated films.

Avengers is a pretty solid action movie. The team dynamic and characters make it.

Captain America is flanderized to fuck, the quips are cringey and the plot is just MacGuffin: The Movie.

I very much liked it. Of course it has its issues, but so does any capeshit.

So was the implication that the Lantern who died fighting Steppenwolf in the flashback was the only lantern present for that fight?

Because otherwise I’m having trouble coming up with a good explanation for not taking the Motherboxes into space and putting them on three completely different planets, or maybe the phantom zone

Superman always spared his enemies for fucking 80 years, is part of his character just like Spiderman.

If you like edgy shit like Punisher and Red Hood then go read your edgy shit but leave the good comics/movies alone, the rest of the world don't support literall terrorists for the sake of being edgy.

That is an element best left to the comics. It doesn't translate well to a medium like movies where the conflicts and villains have to make a little more sense. It isn't edgy just because it triggers your autism.

Two reasons:

Nolanbats won awards, so they made everything like that hoping lightning would strike twice.

They want Avengers money without building to it like Marvel did, doing solo films first.

Batman v Superman was very similar to a script WB had for Batman fighting Superman since the early 2000s.

Warner Bros. abandoned J. J. Abrams' script for Superman: Flyby, which had been greenlighted with McG to direct.[63][64] When McG dropped out in favor of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle,[65] Warner Bros. approached Wolfgang Petersen to direct Superman: Flyby,[66] however, in August 2001,[67] Andrew Kevin Walker pitched Warner Bros. an idea titled Batman vs Superman, attaching Petersen as director. Superman: Flyby was put on hold,[66] and Akiva Goldsman was hired to rewrite Walker's Batman vs. Superman.[49]

Goldsman's draft, dated June 21, 2002, had Bruce Wayne going through a mental breakdown after his five-year retirement from crime fighting. Dick Grayson, Alfred Pennyworth and Commissioner Gordon are all dead, but Bruce finds some solace in his fiancée, Elizabeth Miller. Meanwhile, Clark Kent is struggling because of a recent divorce from Lois Lane. Clark and Bruce are close friends, and Clark is Bruce's best man. After the Joker kills Elizabeth on their honeymoon, Bruce swears revenge, while Clark tries to hold him back. Bruce blames Clark for her death, and the two go against one another. Ultimately, Lex Luthor is revealed to have masterminded the entire plot to get Batman and Superman to destroy each other. The two decide to team up and stop Luthor.[68] Christian Bale, who would play the character in Christopher Nolan's Batman film trilogy, was simultaneously approached to portray Batman for Darren Aronofsky's Batman: Year One,[69] while Josh Hartnett was offered the role of Superman.[65]

Filming was to start in early 2003, with plans for a five- to six-month shoot. The release date was set for the summer of 2004.[70] However, Warner Bros. canceled development to focus on individual Superman and Batman projects after Abrams submitted another draft for Superman: Flyby.[71]

That's an action movie for you.

The no kill rule is something worth exploring and you could even do away with it. But Snyder is not the guy to have do it, because he's the kind of guy that does shit like that because he thinks "it's cool when the hero kills people". It's not treated with the gravity that it needs to be because if he had his way EVERY hero would kill.
He's not even half as deep as Sup Forums gives him credit for.

If you want a Superman that kills I'm willing to give that story a chance in the right hands. The right hands aren't anywhere near the DCEU.

>this all began in OCEAN, introducing his and Tess's breakup
>followed by RUSTY'S HEIST (ps - look for The Amazing Yen on a poster in the background!)
>Matt Damon's character as a kid in the CALDWELL FAMILY CAPERS period piece
>BASHER'S BIG BASH sidestory
>Followed by OCEAN 2: RISING TIDE with Terry Benedict as b-villain
>Saul and Rueben origin story OLD VEGAS
>finally after ten years of waiting we get OCEANS ELEVEN
>the brothers are introduced in the team up, but will thankfully get their own movie next year with BROTHERLY LOVE: AN OCEAN'S STORY
>side story to introduce the next villain from his point of view follows as THE NIGHT FOX
>OCEAN 3: RUSTY VS DANNY
>flashback to the 1990s with NOT-SO-OLD VEGAS, a soft sequel for Saul and Rueben
>OCEAN'S TWELVE!!!!!!!!!!!
>Damon finally gets a solo flick in OCEANFRONT SIDEKICK which will tease Banks, the next big bad
>lead in to the next team up with REUBEN: THE GOLDEN YEARS
>keep the female market on board with TESS
>another Ocean origin with NO DAN'S LAND - AN OCEAN AWAY
>OCEAN'S 13!!!!11!!!1

The majority of people who saw The Avengers didn't see Captain America 1 or Thor 1 in theaters just like the people who saw X-Men 1 and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (which has many similarities to The Avengers and shares a writer with it) didn't see a movie with those characters before seeing those movies.

My mind is being blown by how much shit you people can gargle
>so do any capeshit
Literal lies. These movies are incompotent. None of the characters have an motivation, the plot is shit, stepphonwolf sucks, writing was shit, cgi was awful.

That shitty Oceans copypasta is even dumber now that the movie is out and we know that, just like in the Oceans movies, NONE of the JL members have any significant development and all the new ones are reduced to a single gimmick.

user, I've got some bad news.

Half the responses are "go see it"

That's a stupid thing to say. "Go see a bad movie".

>it don't translate well to movies
Spiderman trilogy, Superman classic movies and returns, Nolan batman etc translated it very well

There is many non lethal vigilantes irl,people that defended themselves against criminals most of the time don't kill them, Cops avoid killing criminals,even soldiers don't kill enemies that surrender or civilians because that's a war crime, don't try to imply that your blood fetish is desire for realism or that edgy movies are in some way superior to classic hero movies.

WB doesn't care about their product, let alone consistency. They want the money Marvel makes with their movies, and they'll ape their style if that's what it takes. But it's not, so they don't

>The first Avengers movie is bad. Pretty much everybody unanimously agreed on this after the initial hype wore off.
[citation needed]

I just rewatched it like two months ago. It's not amazing or even great but it's not bad either.

>The first Avengers movie is bad. Pretty much everybody unanimously agreed
Man, are you Americans just genetically or culturally disposed to lying, or are you just that disconnected with reality? No wonder you voted the worst among you into office.

they're going to triple down on WW2
and make it so it leads directly to jl 2 (they're also going to do additional shoot for aquaman, having WW in the story somehow)
and make WW the leader of the league and making her stronger than supes.
cap this. this is going to happen.

>cap this. this is going to happen.
Go cap yourself.

LUCKY AMOUNT

it's at 93 now!!!!

It's pretty good

Has the same problems as Age of Ultron as it had way too much plot lines but the characters carried it

I just can't relate to Clark due to how overpowered he is yet repeatedly leaves the others to fend for themselves

Wonder Woman deserves to be the face of the DCEU

sadly the film is disney's method film copy if you like disney you would like this one