The Best Comic of the Year

Alright lads, 2017 is winding down soon enough. What has been the best comic of the year in your opinion? For me, I have to say it is the back half of The Flintstones. Honorable mentions go to Royal City and Deathstroke Rebirth

Definitely pic related. It was a fantastic, engaging ride from start to finish, with an insightful message and a little bit of intelligent political commentary thrown into the mix, staying fun all the way.

11/10, this is exactly what I want from a comic. 6P&DWHTH is true art.

This.
RIP Dillon

Are any of the DC KFC shill comics from this year?

If not, the Batman vs. Elmer Fudd crossover.

Dishonorable mention to Marvel's entire comic division. Put down the milkshakes and do your fucking jobs instead of bizarrely irrelevant virtue signaling.

Titan's new Robotech reboot has been awesome.
Lady Death has come back with AVENGANCE.
And the new Dark Crystal comic has been AMAZING.

The KFC/GL issue was this year

>people who only read Big Two shit think they're qualified to pick the best comic
lmao

I like Batman/Elmer Fudd up until the bar scene where King has every character spout their catchphrases obnoxiously for no reason, it made me cringe

Your casual is showing

Well, no one here should claim to be an expert. This is just a personal best comic from the ones you've read

Yet I'm 100% correct.

What black lesbian transgendered faggot Marvel legacy comic are you going to nominate?

I'll fite u.

You sound even more casual now

I'd say Injustice still managed to grab the Best Page of the Year award... how many years has it been now, that it manages to consecutively get it?

Yup, this was a great book. So was Flintstones. And on that note, Dastardly & Muttley's Flying Machines is top notch as well.

I mean, this page is the best one I've seen all year, but that Batman one works better without knowing the context.

>If not, the Batman vs. Elmer Fudd crossover.

Nearly all of those crossovers were great. Lobo vs Roadrunner was a blast.

>What has been the best comic of the year in your opinion?
Definitely nothing from the Big Two.

Hmm, I don't know. Let me think about it.

Probably something I haven't read...

*inhales*

Ware's Monograph obviously

Oh yeah, the massive diarrhea dump on Kirby, of course.

This is how I feel, totally meh year

I guess I'll say Black Monday Murders but there has to be something better.

You're just not smart enough to get it.

What a shame. Truly a loss that I'll mourn for.

Oh boy, here comes the King Internet Defense Force with their stupid fucking excuses.

They never have an explanation for why they think he's a good writer. It's just that enough people told them he's good that they believe it now.

I don't know. Probably either "Iceman's First Date" or "Black Panther & Crew Save Harlem from White People." It's hard to choose.

>We've got both kinds, Marvel and Marvel

>I've read every single Mister Miracle thread and no one's ever said why they like this book.

Mm kay. Anyway, it's an unorthodox story told in an unorthodox manner, about a man coping with a traumatized internal life. It has a lot of really touching and true human moments. It has a dark sense of humor that's actually funny. And the art's great.

So, there, now you have an explanation and you never have to post that again.

I can assure there isn’t a single hint of intellectualism hidden in Mister Miracle, one of the dullest series in the history of comic books. Seriously each issue following the escape artist and his pals from New Genesis as they fight assorted existential threats has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of distortion effects, all to make the divine seem mundane, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when DC vetoed the idea of anyone with talent from pencilling the comic; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for their films. The Mister Miracle series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Kirby series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the writing is good though r-right

"No!" The dialogue is dreadful; the comic is terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character from the Fourth World cursed, the author wrote that the character said "Jesus"

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that word was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. King's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Mister Miracle by the same Geoff Johns. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Mister Miracle at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to read Geoff Johns." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Mister Miracle" you are, in fact, trained to read Geoff Johns.

If this wasn't pasta before, it sure is now.