I just read the whole thing. My god, what an edgy shitshow it was...

I just read the whole thing. My god, what an edgy shitshow it was. How the fuck has gotten so popular and influencial again? I can hope that Doomsday Clock manages to undo the damages Watchmen has done to the genre.

eat my dick.
shitlord

>I read only intelligent comics made for intelligent people like myself

You fuck, enjoy the perpetual stagnation and death of the genre.

Apply yourself.

The negative impact was already undone by the slew of reconstructive works in the run up to the turn of the millennium (Flex Mentallo, Moore's own Supreme, Kingdom Come, etc.)

We've been having a ton of Watchmen threads lately so you may not get as many (You)s as you would on a boring day, OP. Good effort though.

Youre literally full of shit taste. Youre too fucking stupid to see the nuance and complex deconstruction it was

>watchmen
>men

Fortunatley, DC is changing the name to Watchpeople to make it less misogynist.

Check em

Watchmen only worked when it was new.
You read it now, you're reading it after the legion of idiot copycats that caused the 90s dark age and completely missed the point. Its context as being the first major deconstruction has been diluted and obsfucated by a bunch of people thinking it was good because it had sex and violence rather than because it offered a new and alternative look at the genre.

While it may not be as effective as a deconstruction, it still works incredibly well as a methodical and tightly structured mystery story with deep characterisation.

I get what are you trying to say. However, i still can't wrap why everyone thought it was a good idea to bury the genre only in dark and edgy, when we need to find a way to stay in the middle. Fuck, Moore also wrote Tom Strong, he's not new to lighthearth adventure. Even the Killing joke ends up on a good, hopeful note. Why everyone took the one edgy comic he wrote as a standard?

DID YOU JUST ASSUME THEIR SPECIES YOU SHITLORD
IT SHOULD BE WATCHPARTICULARINDIVIDUALS YOU PIECE OF SHIT

there's art, and then there's capeshit
under the umbrella of art you can get things like watchmen, neoclassical paintings, music, pretty much everything
under the umbrella of capeshit, you get squirrel girl, the incredible hulk, and batman

There was a point in time when the term "edgy" was a compliment to one's work.

>neoclassical paintings
>Putting watchmen on the same list as that
you seems not to understanding the point of neoclassiclal painting. Watchem is more like vanguard stuff.
>capeshit
it's almost like a genre can't compass every single topic and in an healty comic industry there should be multiple genres for multiple readers, but what can I understand, amirite.

>the incredible hulk
>I haven't read Mantlo and PAD's runs, but I'm still going to make an all encompassing judgment.

Name your favorite comics

deadpool

Kindgom Come, Dark Phoenix saga, Nathan Never: the infinite world trilogy, Berserk, life and times of scrooge mcduck, Incubi! (a decontrsuction done right),Mickey Mouse Mistery Magazine, Dylan Dog, Pad Hulk run, Multiversity, the Killing Joke, Jhons Green Lantern run, Pad comsmic stuff at Marvel, Days of a future past.

fuck me, forgot Corto Maltese.

>90% capeshit
No wonder you didn't like Watchmen

Not a single one of those comes close to Watchmen, you have pretty bad taste. Johns? PAD? Waid? Fuck outta here

>Even the Killing joke ends up on a good, hopeful note.
I disagree completely. It ends on the bleak note that Joker's beyond saving, the death spiral in which he and Batman are trapped is irreversible and one is gonna end up killing the other.

do yourself a favour and read Corto Maltese now. It literally shit on Watchmen's head.

Your gay

Gordon didn't became mad and that was joker's whole point. Batman and JOker maybe are lost, but not humanity. That0s how I see it at least.

Corto Maltese is pretty great but Watchman is better. Having only two great comics and a couple good ones in your list doesn't negate the absolute shit taste of actually thinking Geoff fucking Johns is a good writer

>Corto Maltese is pretty great but Watchman is better
debatlable.
>Geoff fucking Johns is a good writer
>revitalizing a whole franchise who was dead in the water
>literally saving the company by stick to the basics of what makes a cape comic good
>not being at very list good writer.
k.

Not that user, but please take those good comics off your list so they're never associated with your retardation.

>revitalizing a whole franchise who was dead in the water
Doesn't have any relation to his quality as a writer
>literally saving the company by stick to the basics of what makes a cape comic good
All he did was shitty silver age imitations. He's bad even by cape comic standards. He writes by-the-numbers comics that do absolutely nothing interesting with the medium and he generally pairs with mediocre artists as well. Nothing by Johns is worth reading if you're above the age of 15.