Superman: Last Son of Krypton

Continuing from

Awesome!

It's not even funny how much better Adam Kubert is than Andy

Hey, Wonder Woman worked here at this time!

I was reading along in the TPB, but my cat Garth decided to sit where the book was, so I guess I'll just use photo viewer

He tends to interrupt my reading a lot

You don't mess with a Super Promise...also with kids in general

>Silver Age style lab
Love it

Jon a shit. Chris best boy.

Gangster Mad Scientist Lex was always more my favorite than businessman Lex.

You're insane

I like how they made it so he started as businessman and then became evil mad scientist. Good compromise

absolutely correct

>You're insane
For not liking a bland, smug, utterly devoid of personality little shit that doesn't contribute anything to the Superman mythos and undermines the tragic subtext beneath Clark and Lois' romance? Then sure, I belong in Arkham.

Oh definitely. Gives Lex that certain Kick.

Also, Super-Turtle is the REAL Superboy.

great idea, shitty face.

Jon is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

delete this.

Which reminds me:

Escape From Bizarro World:

The whole point of this story is to highlight the fact that Clark and Lois will never be able to have children despite being the most deserving couple in the planet. It shows that life is unfair even to good people, but that doesn't mean you should give up and not look for alternatives. There's also the message about nature versus nurture and how one's past doesn't have to define us, but that's besides the point.
Clark raising the progeny of one of his deadliest enemies is a beautiful idea, and the ending is tragic yet poignant, way more than a boring biological child named after a guy who tried to kill Superman and all of his people.

I like both

Kryptonese says "OPEN"

Wait, isn't Jon named after Pa Kent?

Yes, dunno who that guy is thinking of?

There's a character that ticks 90% of those boxes and his name is Damian Wayne

Sometimes the internal struggle isn't necessary, sometimes it's okay to just be good

I feel the need to rewatch the Richard Donner Cut again

There's no better way to watch the movie

He and Chris were basically being pushed at the same time. It's a shame their only teamup is Multiversity (10/10 would ship again tho).

But Wondie is friend to all shotas

inb4 Man of Steel destruction bitching

Garth is now scratching my very expensive monitor

I've never really read any Superman except for New Super-Man from Rebirth which I loved a lot but I have had this on my shelf for years and was wondering how it is for a decent first entry into Clark Kent stuff?

Definitely a great start. Might wanna go ahead and read Up, Up and Away from the previous thread first, not because it's necessary to the story, but because it was made as a jumping on point.

And six months later, we finally get part 4

I would suggest you go back to the Up, Up, and Away thread and start there, but you'll probably be fine here too.

To me Johns is generally very introductory, like he has a way of providing continuity without overwhelming you. Honestly he's so slick with it sometimes he'll retcon a thing in and you'll assume it was a story you just missed out on instead of a retcon.

IIRC this story also has a prologue in an annual I think that shows Zod's downfall and the "You will kneel Jor-El!" bit

The run from Up, Up, and Away all the way through New Krypton is one of the best runs the character has had

My nigga Mon-El!

Oh shit, it's Valor!

Ew not that name

Don't worry, you'll only be in there for another 970 years or so

NK happens a couple of arcs after this so not that long actually

Oh that's true

lel

That's some shit, Luthor.

this is a good page

And this last part didn't come until a year later.