What went wrong?

What went wrong?

SJWs writing for frank

They thought making shows after DD S1 was a good idea

Well that was fast

Plz elaborate.

He didnt go on his way to kill Italian Americans.

He was an asshole to Baby.

The FBI agent was dull.

But honestly I literally skimmed over it and it was still suprisingly tight regardless.

Too much Pete not enough Frank.

What happened?

WE WUZ

I'm liking it so far

I can already tell that certain things are going to trigger /po/ fucking hard core even though the entire show is very pro-vet and pro-soldier

Frank barely Franked.

Trying to humanize Frank was a bad idea. He is a force of nature. Giving him friends that he smiles with is also bad. This reminded me of Nathan Edmondson's run which is my least favorite run. But it's was pretty good and the best Netflix show since DD season 1. Now give me slavers in season 2.

Muslim DINDU shit

Frank literally kills a bunch of them though

This pretty much. You can tell they wanted SJWs and liberals to like him. If this went full Ennis they probably would have crucified the show more then they already did.

Yeah what the fuck?

>guy wages war against social injustices in his community
>somehow this is bad and SJW writing

???????????????????????

Honestly? It's really fucking boring. And Frank doesn't do any really painful or grisly killing which is half the fun of his character. The writers inject too much fucking politics into the show too. I don't fucking care about politics. I just wanted to see Frank shove someone underneath a lawn mower or something for christ's sake!

>killing Italian mobsters in 2017

For what? Credit card fraud? Bad union contracts?

The Italian Mafia is totally irrelevant now.

I went over to Sup Forums and they're mad that he's mostly killing white people instead of minorities.

Sup Forums doesn't like the armed forces.

Too much race-mixing.

He didn't have a gun that shoot knives. Needs to be ridiculous and over the top.

All I wanted was 13 hours of Punisher killing various flavors of criminals, none of this CIA/Mercenary bullshit. Like how hard is it to turn Death Wish 3 into a 13-episode series? If you need the slightest bit of filler, just add in another gunfight.

>fuck story I just want Frank murdering people for hours on end
Is this how the actual Punshier comics are? I was thinking about taking a look at them but if its just murder murder murder all the time i'll pass

>SJW has no idea what social justice means

Some of them are, some of them aren't. I personally enjoy the ones that are for the most part.

So far i've seen 4 episodes and what i really wanted was a more MAX style punisher, excited to see where it goes

Hey look a faggot.

>killing white people instead of minorities.
yo0u mean like how he kills italians in the comic?

look at me im so manly I just loveee death xD

Actually my logic is that I always assumed that The Punshier just amounted to nothing but pathetic revenge fantasies from dumb cucks who are too much of pussies to do what they bitch needs to be done. I was hoping maybe I was wrong and their might be some actual plot to go along that has more going on, but maybe i'm wrong

It's the same thing that plagued Luke Cage and Iron Fist. They were so worried about the characters being "problematic", that what we got was half-baked shows, writing, dialogue and action sequences, with barely recognizable versions of the characters. You cannot tell me with a straight face Mike Colter and Finn Jones were accurate or close to the comic counterparts.

The first episode has him killing evil US soldiers who are mean to the poor afghans

>The first episode has him killing evil US soldiers who are mean to the poor afghans
It literally doesn't

What did they mean by this

>lying

You realise that the Netflix audience that watches these shows comprises mostly of people that don't read comics, right? Even more so than the movies.

>I went over to Sup Forums
the flaw in the plan

Well, you seem pleasant.

>muh sjw boogerman

Fuck off

> And Frank doesn't do any really painful or grisly killing which is half the fun of his character.

This. I want to see Frank feed a woman to polar bears. I can't believe how safe the kills were in the season. They should have went over the top for the killing.

Its like open season on faggots here. Punisher is about Punishing, with violence.

I was afraid of that ever since the season two finale for Daredevil. Expected him to go full on mowing ninjas down with a minigun. Instead he just stands off in the back sniping a few.

So nothing but pathetic virgin murder fantasies then?

Glad I won't waste my time

SHINEY SHINEY

Boy do I got a website you will love!

So tell me user, what patrician stories do *you* enjoy? And can you tell me what makes them so good without sounding like fucking Quentin?

Your opinions.

I'm a (former) spider-manfag but i've also enjoyed a lot of classic Super-man, Swamp Thing (didn't care for New 52 version), Hellblazer, and recently i've been working my way through classic X-men.

Pretty generic but what i'm saying is that i'm looking for more than just a story where Frank kills a bunch of pointless no name gang bangers over and over and over. Is that all the Punisher is? I'm not here to hate, i'm hoping for some good stories
Never understood why Punshierfags got triggered so easily

On episode 7 and no Barracuda yet,i am fixxing to drop it.

There are episodes that just go on and on without him Franking anyone.

Just finished the first episode. Seems kinda slow and boring. I know, I know one episode is not enough to judge a show but still.....

I have a feeling this show might be tied with IF as bottom of the barrel. Netflix Marvel shows of late have not been even mediocre. This is coming from some one that wasn't even hyped for this show since I figured they would tone down the Franking.

Nothing, even the annoying agent was alright because she had a fine ass.

yeah but I had hope from Daredevil Season 1 that at least some solid nods and faithfulness would take place. Like at the very least, the core of the characters would stay intact.

"Pathetic virgin murder stories" sure makes it sound like you're here to hate. Trying to attack Punisher stories for having a cathartic element to them just comes off as petty and obnoxious.

But yeah, I recommend you check out all of Ennis's stuff, it's the most critically acclaimed. You can either start with Welcome Back Frank and work your way through the rest of his 616 run, or jump straight into the whole MAX run and Jason Aaron's conclusion to it. If you're looking for something a little more silly, then you can also get Frankencastle.

Her ass is wrinkly and has cellulite.

That was decades ago, people defend homeocming lack of whites for being "realistic", well, most thugs ,muders, thiefs and drug dealers today are black and few are white, Frank enemies should be just as "diverse" as homecoming school and that means less than 10% of his enemies being white.

It was firm. Now that I think about it, what the hell kind of pants was she wearing?

Did you not get to the episode with her naked ass? It is wrinkly and has cellulite.

And you know, and they invade countries and kill people, or "protect" people no one actually cares about and Sup Forums in all the swings the board takes politically and all the hypocrisy and philosophical inconsistencies, has quite literally always been anti-war for one reason or another.

But sure, muh rayceesum.
Thing is, the mob was a culturally relevant criminal force at the time, and if they'd carry it over as respect to the source material it might make sense. But, he isn't killing mobster's, and he isn't killing anyone who is an accurate portrayal of the vast majority of violent criminals in modern times.

So it is neither faithful, nor accurate.

I don't personally care either way, because I refuse to support netflix's shit after they hired that cuck to play ironfist but using the comics as a justification for this is stupid.

She banged the Frankinator's white war buddy.

>oh know murder
>in a story about solving crime
>how could I have possibly seen this coming
Brainlets. When will they learn.

And we saw her wrinkly cellulite ass during the scene.

Cool, i'll check it out

I don't care about murder, you dumbass.

but I want more than just frank murdering niggers over and over

>and Jason Aaron's conclusion to it
don't do this

sometimes he murders Italians and Russians

I havent watched it, but my sisters ex is on the writing team and hes dumb enough to ruin anything forever.

dang, my sister's ex made Metalocalypse, your sister needs to get her life together

Frank has gone against government forces/pmcs numerous times in the comics. You're clearly just pissed he didn't kill enough minorities.

..do you see your sister splitting with Brandon small as a good or bad thing? This answer will tell alot about you.

You can really tell who actually enjoys the character and who is just in it for "awesome kills" by what they recommend.

Jason Aaron's conclusion is an insult to what came before it.

Russo had a fine ass, hers was nonexistent.

Apparently now you don't have to have big breasts OR a nice ass these days...

OR acting talent.

They broke up because she moved away from LA, but she's friends with his now-wife so that's pretty cool.

She's also terrible at relationships (still single at 40) so it was probably a good thing for him. It would still be cool to be sort-of related to him, though.

They didn't emulate Ennis' run on MAX

Genuine question to anyone who's seen the show: is this even remotely true? If anything, I've read a number of reviews criticizing it for NOT being nearly "SJW" enough, and how they wanted it to critique Frank's character more instead of sympathizing with him.

Fuck off, it was great

The first people he kills at the very beginning is him killing racist good ol boys from rural Alabama.

you fuck off, Aaron is trash and you're trash for liking him

One thing I'm a little bummed about is that Rawlins isn't a cocksure slimeball, he's just an asshole.

Only if you see Frank not franking franks as an SJW conspiracy and not plain shitty writing.

The only thing I noticed was the very large amount of female soldiers, and swat members. I'm not saying that female operatives/officers don't exist

But almost every single pair of cops you saw was a man and a woman, they were completely equal in numbers EXCEPT for when Frank was actually killing people (which was rare) when they were suddenly no where to be found.

>hating a good story just because you don't like the writer
Don't tell other people not to read it just because you're a petty shithead

No.

there was a girl in the PMC group that Frank kills in the forest

but I think she just gets shot in the distance

First people were technically Cartel members, bikers, and a drug runner. The construction site guys weren't really racist assholes, just macho pricks.

He killed people who were trying to kill someone else. I don't think comic Frank would have acted any different? Or would he have killed the victim was well just for lols?

They change it at the last minute for him to kill gov white dudes because someone on the staff doesn't like the gov and white dudes

it's not a good story

I wasn't crazy about the run, but it's probably the last Punisher series I gave my full attention. Rucka was okay, Edmonson was forgettable, and Cloonan was abysmal.

Hmm, don't remember that, I just remember Russo and PTSD boy killing 2 or 3

>First people were technically bikers,
Are you retarded? That's the rural Alabama people.
They were driving on a road. Are you also retarded? Were you too busy sucking dick to see the opening scenes?

the opener is him killing the last few guys from the gangs in the Central Park shootout, and he kills the Italians they robbed at the end.

Although that whole little plot begs the question why they didn't go for Welcome Back Frank, they even namedrop the Gnuccis

Everything :(

Oh right, well what the fuck is that guy bitching about then? Frank killed some criminals. Isn't that his whole deal?
Holy shit dude, chill.