Hey Britbongs, how's the brexit goin' for you?

Hey Britbongs, how's the brexit goin' for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTSE_100_Index
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only an American would think upping the price of crisps is catastrophic

10% increase on a bag of chips isn't that much honestly

So they will pay an extra 20c-30c more? wow... it's fucking nothing, fucking idiot

Sup Forums types think its great and it will become better any time now. Aaaaany time now.

Everyone else with intelligence know its been going shit, and the same persons who thought they'd be richer are on their way of paying taxes for the government to then pay Nissan & Bio companies so that they don't leave.

Literally "paying to work" status.

Dont they have bigger problems to get angry over?

Only a limey would call a bag of chips "crisps".

You think it's just chips huh?

I don't get it, do they have to use foreign currency for major ingredients or the bag?

While I love Cheese and Onion walkers, my health has drastically improved since dropping them.

This.

It's literally fucking nothing!

Bremainf BTFO

Fuckin' shite mate.

It'll falling to shit, but if you say anything, mental Leavers in denial start screaming about "traitors" and "the people have spoken, get in line you have no rights".

People literally say that anyone short of a full hard-mode Brexit shitstorm have no rights at all after the vote to even say they don't agree.

Everyone is raising prices as quietly as they can, to try to avoid this kind of backlash for Brexiteers who think they can crash the pound and expect no inflation. Anything less is "talking Britain down".

I'd take it for the price of freedom.

Because of the uncertainty. They ahould trigger article 50 so the market can stabilize but Britain has to stay for now to prevent the EU from starting an army.

Just cuck globalists trying to scare us into not Brexiting

Fuck em

It'll be 10% on everything eventually. How would you like a 10% pay cut? Or a 10% tax hike?

Good thanks.
We bought our freedom for a 10% increase in price of savoury snacks.

"Oh wow guys crisp prices went up 10% I guess we'd better relinquish our national sovereignty to Germany before things get even more out of hand"

Shit
I warned you all but you didn't listen

You know the same thing will happen if Trump wins, right? At least until domestic companies spring up in the US. If it all worked as it should, Walker's should begin to use UK grown potato's only, or a competitor will make it cheaper.

Absolutely fine, how's Hillary working out for ya?

I know this might be an alien concept to you, OP, but some things are more important than fried potato snacks.

Pringles have went up in price almost a full Euro over the past 5 years.

This might have been the most retarded anti-Brexit headline I have ever read.

but isn't the point for imports to raise in price and domestics to lower? I assume walkers is a subsidiary of Lays thus an import?

Shouldn't it encourage domestic spending? It would make sense if you brits hadn't sold off all your manufacturing to India.

t. burger visitng

This.

Sovereignty is worth more than cheap chips. Liberals have the minds of children.

I haven't eaten a bag of crisps in nearly a decade, I was probably 17 the last time I ate that shit. If you're an adult and you eat garbage like this you should seriously kill yourself because you obviously don't care about your health anyway. The shit that people put into their bodies amazes me.

Stable market doesn't mean a stronger pound - it'll probably stay where it is. We're not going to get a good deal with the EU unless we're basically in the EU, and deals with anyone else will take most of a decade.

The uncertainty won't be relieved just by invoking Article 50, it's going to take years.

>muh lime lime
Fuck off septic, that insult has always been stupid, considering it refers to a breakthrough in medicine. Idiot fat fucks.

But what about freddos?

Stiiiiill not just chips kek

everything will go back up. its a guarantee. price going up is a result of any economical overhual

Stay strong brother from another land.

>paying 55p for a bag of crisps
>people actually do this

freedom ain't free dipshit

Oy blimey mayte!

the tree of liberty gotta be littered with the pound and crisps

Even things produced in the UK use imported fuel, packaging and machinery. Everything is going to go up, and that's before tariffs start appearing where it used to be free, and the paperwork and regulatory overhead comes back.

Only a limey would think that eating fruit instead of biscuits is a breakthrough in medicine.

You shouldn't be filling your body with that crap anyway. Brexiy will probably save hundreds of thousands of lives.

I-I'm sure they'll respond to this soon

Yes my good goys, if you don't fall in line we'll artificially kike up your prices.

>(((unilever)))

Excellent. Why did the Brits ever sell Marmite to Unilever anyway?

Oh, and if Unilever and Apple aren't enough for you...

>anger

Is anyone actually angry about this?
please step forward...

how much do the yuros have to pay for a barrel of semen now?

Britain's still in the EU you fucking mong. Any dip in the economy can be attributed to fearful investors, not any actual effects of Brexit itself.

No, it won't. Walkers crisps are an easy target because they have a well known brand and consistent pricing and sizes. Everything else goes up to, so people get poorer on average.

Poorer people eat better and live longer, right? Wrong.

The biggest problem is going to be the next round of gutting of healthcare and social care, as a prelude to "free trade deals" like TTIP's follow-ups to hand it over to multinational companies.

A lot of people are going to die. Most of them will be poor or mentally ill, so no-one really cares.

FTSE does not represent little shops, startups and the average consumer. Most of them in fact derive their profits from *outside* the UK than inside.

So how about you actually google what it actually is?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTSE_100_Index

Here, let me tell you the name of the "third" FTSE company.

Unilever.

And yes, its "that european" company. It has a London HQ as well, thus, boom, its part of FTSE. That is not making YOUR Marmite cheaper, is it?

But it is the one you are about to work 9 to 5, in order to buy your marmite 20% more expensive from them. After all, soon enough native Brits may not even be able to create new EU wide companies anew unless they are able to straight out fund multi-hq multinationals. Only be workers to them.

Similar is the case of most of your FTSE darlings. In fact, a lot of them go up, because the drop in pound made buying them out (that buying able to be done equally by, say, Chinese as well) cheaper.

Yeah, so imagine how shit it's going to be when there's a tariff on the goods and a few extra percent of admin overhead to get the stuff in.

oh companies are increasing prices while your banks pump out record amounts of new pounds into the market? Yeah it's totally brexit's fault

Holy shit literally no products ever increased in price before that horrible Brexit!

>Freddos are 25p, not because of Brexit
>this cunt is moaning about a 10% increase on crisps

Fuck off cunt

Also FTSE's in pounds, so a drop in the pound doesn't change FTSE directly. For there to be no change in value, FTSE would have to rise 1% for every 1% drop in the pound.

This is a transparent act by Apple of punishing the UK for its brexit decision. Top kike.

Also
>Apple
less people buying shit apple products can only be a net positive.

You do realise that they retracted this and it was nothing to do with the EU, they tried to chance it and up their prices blaming Brexit for it when it had nothing to do with it at all.

Oh wow, 70p now instead of 65p? Guess I'm going to go bankrupt over this!

>pound drops by ~10% against the dollar
>let's hike prices by 22%, despite our staffing and marketing in the UK now being much cheaper

And here I was thinking Apple were the most Jewish tech company.

>essentially Lay's logo

fuck life

Yes because Europe will purposefully hamstring themselves out of spite when it comes to trade deals. Did your mother shit you out or are you just a child?

excelelnt news! more expensive junk food is just what we need to tackle the obesity crisis. Less fat people = less diabetes ridden at asses costing the NHS billions.

You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs
Within five years it will be a fucking delicious omelette

Justified or not, the used Brexit as a reason and now that's just how it is. Nothing you can do about it.

>You can't broker trade agreements with EU countries without being an EU member state
wew, guess that means my BMW was illegally imported then
>you can't manufacture products domestically

Quit being such a fucking cuckold.

So the EU is going to let thousands starve out of pure pettiness? Sooner you get away from them, the better.

Thing is, it's just about not, it seems the people's vote isn't being respected.

By neither Sturgeon or Parliament.

This, people are too shortsighted and reactionary. They don't see the larger picture.

>5p rise

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yeah man Mac books totally went down in price here! Wait nope they went up, must be Brexit voodoo magic

Only a bong, would would accept getting chip-cucked.

You sicken me!

Nobody is saying they didn't. These ain't yer grandpa's price hikes though. They're across the majority of markets and sizable.

>GOD SAVE THE QUEEN, NOT ME CRISPS!!

If people think that giving away sovereignty and freedom just to buy an overpriced kikebook pro then let them have it, they deserve nothing.

There was a boycott of Unilever prices, Unilever got cucked hard by the public.

>Botnet products
Even before Brexit we pay ridiculous amounts of money on junk American tech. Always have and always will, no one really cares about money.

Also, I'm surprised at the zealous Ameriflabbers ITT. You chant and talk about freedom and yet, when we vote for it you chant and gloat and laugh about things that were already predicted to happen (which the public didn't give a fuck about anyway). I mean, post revolutionary US was also in a financial mess. No one is under any fucking illusion that there won't be pain, but short term pain for long term gain is the way forward.

So you're going to have to fuck off, I know Americans only like freedom when it suits them for nations they perceive to be the underdog but really now? Just fuck off, oh and if Hillary wins? don't bother coming back to Sup Forums, it's over for you.

>>essentially Lay's logo

Walkers are owned by Lay's/Pepsi-Co

That image goes against its own point. If crispy bacon isn't called "crisps" why are crispy potatoes called "crisps"? They should be called crispy potatoes.

Pure coincidence. Prices on these products have been escalated since 2008 post the financial crash while the net weight per packet has come down. Brexit is just the latest scapegoat for those trying to justify the increase and those who were hitter about the results.

Walkers produce is domestic. The only thing really sourced outside of the UK is spices, salt and sunflower oil; simply doesn't account for a greedy 10% increase.

You're a moron

That's because it's Lay's

Years ago these companies started reducing the quantity of crisp in the bags but maintaining the same price.

But t will be interesting though to see if things stabilize and go back to pre-brexit economy if these jews lower their prices back in line (they won't) this is standard profiteering.

10/10

I laughed

It's a fucking travesty la

I'd pay double for everything if it meant that the muslims would die.

If you look at the trends of food prices, they have been going up every year anyway, Brexit has not hit these at all.

Look at Toblerone. They outright said "It's not Brexit" that caused them to be jews.

It's the food industry wanting another bubble.

I would pay %10 to keep the refugees out.

Also it will cause the poor people to move out.

Sounds like a win

>10% more on like 79p

Oh no

inb4 OP wants junk food tax

Come on user, don't paint burgers with such a broad brush.

Farrage is based and you brits went from second worst country in the anglosphere to second best over night with Brexit.

We're just not that important to the EU. Sure we're one of the biggest (or this biggest, depending on the source) destinations for EU goods (about 15%), and we have a massive trade deficit with them, so they import even less from us. UK-bound exports represent about 3% of EU GDP.

But, they're BY FAR the biggest import source and export destination for the UK (60% and 54%).

This means that they need a sweet deal a lot less that we need them.

Your argument based on the image was that something crispy should be called a crisp yet the example given is something called BACON not something called CRISP. Why would you use an adjective (crispy) as the NAME of a thing? Do you want me to call cars "QUICK!" and toilets "flush"?

Friendly reminder that this was all caused by the EU turning from a trade partnership to unelected international figures deciding they could control the laws of countries.

The threats, fearmongering, and petty behavior of the EU demonstrates exactly why the UK needed to leave.

>checks article date

Or a burnt, smelly mess. Can't exactly trust British cooking.

>like you don't already

No you twat, that's what happens when one of the most right wing governments in the EU gets to do what it wants. The EU blocked TTIP, but you can bet May would gobble it up as proof that the UK can do free trade.

>muh 5p
a Nations sovereignty is worth more then a couple of pennies

You're fucking delusional if you think the EU is going to voluntarily shut itself out of the UK market because you don't want to bunk with Mohammed.

Nowhere does it say that anything should be called anything.

"Crisp" is just more appropriate than "Chip" given the definitions of the words. The bong way makes more sense. That's all, I don't want to spend anymore time arguing about potato snacks. It is what it is.

Well it won't shut out totally, but, say, a 10% decrease in trade is a dent for them, it's a fucking disaster for us.

>Angry over raised price of potato chips.
Are you sure this isn't america?

This. The EU is essentially a wife beater.

>My husband abuses me
>If I leave him the transition might be difficult
>Oh well better just stay and do nothing

I don't see why the wouldn't let the UK stave, I mean Greece isn't looking too hot right now. Lots of poverty, lost of refugees. All courtesy of the EU.