Tl;dr - not bad actually

Just got back from seeing Justice League. Very positively surprised. It's definitely the DCEU versions of these characters, but the ones we've already seen grow from what they have been in previous films. Batfleck is now hopeful but still Machiavellian. Diana builds on her people skills. Superman actually smiles and pals around with people after he calms down from being rezzed. WB seems intent on keeping the characters but you can tell they're trying to course correct somewhat in terms of not being 100% edge 100% of the time. Light hearted moments are often decently amusing and don't kill tension (Marvel's big flaw). My matinee audience really liked Barry and Arthur, laughing at most of their jokes. Neither character is purely comedic, however, although Barry's greenness and "charmingly awkward" nature makes him the 'punchline' in a few scenarios. Barry's motivation is a little slim, but his hero scenes are cool and his scenes with his dad are two of the movie's best imo. JL does well with the supporting characters. They don't get too much time but they are definitely present and they help give the film and the characters some crucial emotional foundation. Silas and Cyborg were compelling. I'm usually a fan of Kharyborg over Grimborg, but Fisher really owned the character. He had a lot of quiet intensity, plus he got in a boo-yah, which I'm happy to say got a couple cheers at my showing(I was one of em.)
The editing was much tighter than BvS, which was my main concern. The story was easy to follow even with all the characters, though Steppenwolf v Amazons could have used a little extra something for the transition instead of a whole bunch of pretty establishing shots (although that's still better than BvS's complete lack of establishing shots.)

cont. 1/2

2/2

The CGI was kinda videogamey, but I liked it. Mixed pretty well with the live action most of the time. A few bits were outright unpolished, mostly Flash's bug splat scene in the final battle. It's a tiny moment but the splatter legit looks like 90s CGI, like a placeholder graphic that never got finished. In a few other cases the physics felt questionable, but nothing too awful. That bug splat scene was the only thing in the film that really caught my eye as bad, and it's thankfully over in a second.

Not a perfect film by any means but it gave me a lot of hope for the potential of the DCEU, which I really didn't expect with all of the production troubles and Sup Forums's shitposting. I'll go out on a limb and call it the best superhero movie since the original Iron Man. For me it's energy and ambition put it well above the Avengers, which despite being a solid movie, mostly just runs off build up and novelty. JL has flaws, and it's busy-ness does keep us from getting a real deep look into any of the characters, but they all get their stories and personalities fleshed out to a workable degree, and leave me wanting more.

Shame it won't make ""enough"" money. WB needs to know they're improving.

I liked it
Weird pacing issues
You could clearly tell there was some mashing of two different visions
But it was pretty fun

I did hate that Batman doesn't do a ton fighting wise

Stop shilling, please.

I was also expecting way worse.

Doesn't pack the same punch as the first Avengers, but it isn't worse than, let's say, "Thor: The Dark World".

It deserved at least a 65% in the RT.

>if you didn't hate it you're shilling
the absolute state of marvel

Look man
I came out of Suicide Squad spitting mad
I think Wonder Woman was just as big of mess and any DC movie

This one was pretty good
Was leaning a lot to being a Marvel formulaic movie
I feel there was probably 40 minutes of plot and details missing but given DC's track record it's better to leave that out

Marvel's shit too, though. In fact, I'd say Justice League sucks because it resembles Marvel.

Yeah, the pacing wasn't actually bad imo, but we're used to films with a lot less going on. There's too many different characters to really follow traditional pacing and so it feels different. It didn't take away from the film for me, but it was something I noticed. The course of events flowed well enough that I don't think it will bother normies.

Or at least that's what I noticed. You might have had a different concern ofc.

I liked Batfleck doing less of the fighting and more of the thinking/talking/buying. Sets him up as a thinker and manager instead of pure Batgod.

Most people think even if they didn't like that JL is a step in the right direction. Once Snyder is gone both the mainstream audience and critics will be ready to accept this univearse. I just wished they would fuck over Ben, but it's too late and they are already eye someone new. I guess flashpoint movie be the way to recast for Young Bruce Wayne.

>shills shilling by telling genuine posters to stop shilling
I fucking love Sup Forums.

Idk why you hate Ben
He was a great Batman in BvS
One of its few redeeming qualities
Little worse in this one but I think that wasn't really on him

But there definitely wasn't really anything showing why he's worth having on the team

I fucked up. I meant, I wish WB WOULDN'T fuck over Ben. I agree I like him but it's too seems too late. Ben doesn't seem to want to continue and now all the rumors about Jake Gyllenhaal replacing him, makes me sad. I just hope the next guy is big like Ben. I'm sick of tiny Batman. Get a guy 6'3 or something.

I hope Batfleck stays. He and Jeremy Irons are the real foundation of this franchise. I definitely want to see their Batman solo. Simmons was a good Gordon.

My bad

I had to stop myself screaming THE ROOSE IS LOOSE when McElhatton walked out of that van or whatever. Didn't even know he was in the movie.

I liked it but it had some problems. Cyborg was an eyesore the entire movie, so awful. I didn't care about Yuri's family and was greatly annoyed that the movie kept checking up on them repeatedly. Steppenwolf was as forgettable as a Marvel villain and did anyone else have trouble hearing what he said? I need to rewatch the movies with subtitles for this reason. And I'm tired of Superman being a dolt without Lois being around to hold his hand, he should have fought off the violence in his mind without her help.

Mainstream audiences know shit about directors.

I didn't have problems hearing him. Not trying to be an ass, but have you had your ears checked? His voice is usually magnified somewhat and he enunciates pretty carefully.

I liked it too. It's not a great movie by any means, but it's much better than I feared. I honestly think the shitty CGI is the only serious problem with this movie. The main thing to like about JL is that it is about a jaded Batman and reclusive Wonder Woman learning to be heroes again.

At the very least, JL is better than the worst MCU films, and they all have been better received by critics. Can Sup Forums at least agree that JL is better than Ragnarok?

It's about the same as the first Avengers for me.

I thought Superman was the best he's been so far in the DCEU, it's just what the fuck was going on with his face?

>Can Sup Forums at least agree that JL is better than Ragnarok?
No. But it's better than Thor 1 and 2.

I honestly think people are overreacting and riding the RT cock. The movie is way better than faggots in this board are saying.

Cavill has a mustache for his role in MI 6. For JL, someone covered it up with bad CGI.

People don't realize what RT actually is for and just use it for console wars and shit. It was never meant to be gospel.

Justice league don't even look lke a finished product and ben gets 20 kg in some cuts, this movie is a borderline scam.

It's clear this shit needed at least more 6 months to fix all their ridiculous problems and even then it would be a fucking shitty movie like BvS and SS squad with a fucking cheap script with the quality of a fucking amateur.

Yeah, Batman seemed completely outclassed physically in this movie and I didn't like that. Like, I know that he was, but the point of Batman is that he's supposed to be able to hold his own despite that but he was struggling with singular Parademons that the rest of the squad could mowdown and didn't do a single fucking thing to deal with Steppenwolf at, I think, any point.

Like, I remember thinking, okay, we got the Batmobile, awesome, Batman's gonna beat the shit outta some fucking Parademons and then five seconds later, they're ripping the turret off and like a minute later, the Batmobile's fucking gone. Weak.

It's partially just a meme at this point. You have a lot of people who think they're really gonna stir the pot by ragging on the DCPU narrative, but people who were actually rooting for the film are generally relieved by it, so they're all just circle jerking themselves instead of actually getting a flood of genuine (You)s.

Of course, there are also people who just didn't like the movie, and probably at least a few genuine Mouse interns, but yeah partially it's just newfriends trying out popular bait.

I know but I really think it's fucking patethic. The movie just has a mixed response. That means a lot of people liked it, others didn't. I bet everyone who are shitting on the movie didn't even watched it.

The movie has a lot of problems but does a good job all things considered and has its heart on the right place. It's amazing considering it's a DC movie, definitely a step on the right direction. They can keep improving since Snyder is out.

Ben couldn't even keep his weight, fuck him he's not a reponsible professional and don't deserve a place on hollywood.

Snyder also besides being an awful director is not responsible as well, what kind of professional abandon a project of around 600 million dollars?(budget, advertisement and other details)

I hope both Ben and Snyder never get hired again, they can go live the rest of their lives being bitches somewhere else.

A lot of people is liking the movie and they compare it favorably to previous DCEU outings.

>Snyder also besides being an awful director is not responsible as well, what kind of professional abandon a project of around 600 million dollars?(budget, advertisement and other details)
Is this a real post?
His daughter committed suicide you schizo.

Different user, but there were a few lines towards the end while they're in the reactor area that sounded a bit distorted/muffled.

Thor 1 was awful but Justice League and BvS are even worse

Wonder Woman - 7
Man of steel - 6
Thor - 5
Thor 2 - 4
BvS and JL - 3
SS- 2

People that liked this shit most of the time liked BvS they got a shitty taste. Those movies are literally worse than transformers and pirates of caribean

You're fucking wrong, kiddo. A LOT of people who fucking hated BvS is loving this one. And this includes normies.

Ragnarok is superior to Justice League

So, no BS, how was Gadot's performance, I know Mamoa's being criticized, but reviews keep saying good things about her, but lets be honest, can't exactly call a skeleton roleplaying as a woman on her shit these days.

Think of it this way, Batman may have only taken down like a dozen parademons hand-to-hand, and several dozen with weapons, but even the freakin Amazons couldn't 1v1 the parademons for the most part.
Bats did fuck-awesome for a normal guy. And I wanna say he grapple-guns Steppenwolf at one point.

But yeah, I can't really claim to share your grievance. Batgod is just lazy pandering. Here Batfleck fit a necessary and prominent niche on the team that no other character could have properly filled. Batman was important to the team's success without magically being able to solo squads of parademons bare handed. It's legit what I want out of Batman in the League. I'm tickled pink.
I do like how they handle Batman though. His beginning fight scene in JL and his moon fights in BvS were great. I really wanna see him kick ass in a solo movie.

I see. I do have good ears, must just not have bothered me.

Gal was Gal. She wasn't bad but she prolly ain't gonna win an Oscar, yknow? She's graceful and likeable and does the fight scenes serviceably, but her range isn't real big. A better actor could have got more out of her role for sure, but she carried her character well enough.

I loved Momoa. Really looking forward to Aquaman.

Eh, no. I'd say it's on par with Thor 2.

Dude, Justice League has problems but you don't need to outright insult it.

Nope, Wonder Woman, Thor and Spiderman are around the same lvl, mediocre but ok.

Justice League is shit just like every movie snyder ever made.

>Justice League is shit just like every movie snyder ever made.
I like 300 desu. And Ga'Hoole.

300 is mindless fun like transformers and horror movies in general. Snyder put fucking supermutants on the Persian army for no reason and ripped off Braveheart ending, the final speech made no sense since it was clearly impossible for the entire greek army to hear what that guy was saying, at best one hundred soldiers even heard the sound of his voice,

The Amazons with a single German military unit
It's the guns thing

>the final speech made no sense since it was clearly impossible for the entire greek army to hear what that guy was saying, at best one hundred soldiers even heard the sound of his voice,
wtf I hate Theoden's speech in LotR now!

No
It was way too painfully obvious that Batman didn't belong there
Not a great look for one of the big 3 DC characters

Thor 2 is shit but not that bad. Both are pretty much mediocre, inoffensive movies.

hello, shill.

Some of the CGI needed a ton of work (what the fuck were they thinking with Steppenwolf? ANd the mustache thing was just horrible luck)

But I was pleasantly surprised. Every character got great moments, there was only a couple shitty jokes/lines, it was corny at times, but the good kind.

I don't even understand how they went from BvS which was fucking terrible to this.

Anecdotal evidence means jack shit, I know, but personally, my theater clapped at everything to do with Superman. Made the hype that much better.

Have you ever read a comic with Batman in the JL before?

see

>clapping in a movie theater

There were claps and cheers for Superman at my theater, which personally made me very happy. Barry and Arthur got by far the biggest responses though, with Barry getting a lot of laughs and Arthur getting both laughs and cheers.

>my theater clapped
DIsgusting

Of course he hasn't. His argument is literally 'muh batgod'

this is reddit this is memes

>the best superhero movie since IM
Shill

Affleck is a surprisingly good Bruce, and he seems to have good chemistry with the rest of them, it's just a shame they started this so late, I don't know if Ben is going to be able to be a good Bruce 5-8 years down the line.

Dickbats and Damian, here we come!!!

I like JL but there were some stuff that were best seen with your brain off.

If I were forced to complain about this, I'd probably say Superman's role in the final fight would be it. Everything was building up to make it seem like the characters needed to work together to make shit happen (You cant save the world alone posters everywhere) so I came in expecting Superman to be the cavalry but holy shit, did Steppenwolf become a non-threat once the big blue came into the picture.

I live in the US, what the fuck do you expect?

The only superhero movies I haven't seen clapping at in recent years were BvS and Amazing Spider-Man 2

Yeah, honest to goodness not a good film. It seemed like a mashup of two films, one serious and burdened with it's own self importance, and one flippant and campy.

While it wasn't a good film, it was a good superhero movie that I enjoyed more than all the Avengers movie (But not Civil war and other solo Marvel films).

I would say that this film restores my faith in the DC universe. I loved Superman in this.

The first 30 seconds of this film were amazing.

Agreed. This is muh Superman. Or at least it's waaaay closer than they were before.

My eyes were a little watery at that first scene. It just felt so good.

He doesn't need to someone who can take on Steppenwolf by himself
But as said
His two big weapons are destroyed with a couple of minutes into the big fight
And the rest of the time he's struggling with parademons
I do admitting to being a bit of a bat fanboy
But how can anyone not be disappointed with how useless Batman is during the final fight

This is something that could be fixed during the writing process
Come up with scenarios where Batman isn't struggling with a single parademon while everyone else is focused on Steppenwolf
But writing has been a problem in the DC movies so far so I can't say I'm surprised

Just saw the film. Very bland. Not "bad", but its a pretty meh film. Supes' face looks weird because of the cgi to remove his awful facial hair. Also, there is this horrible song with vocals at the beginning that was killing whatever mood the film was trying to set.

Film feels very different to Snyder's previous movies, which is what I believe hurts this film also.

The most interesting part about the film for me was Aquaman, no joke. Felt like a pretty cool character to me, and there is this scene I found funny where he unknowingly sat on the lasso of truth and told a lot of personal shit, that I found pretty good.

Also, those trailers show like 80% of all the jokes in the film. Film has two extra scenes, one with Flash and Superman racing, and another with Luthor breaking out of prison and being joined by Deathstroke, with Luthor saing he wants to make a league of supervillains of his own.

5/10, should of have seen on dvd instead. Also, OP is a massive shill.

>Also, there is this horrible song with vocals at the beginning that was killing whatever mood the film was trying to set.

This was my only real annoyance with the movie other than some bad CGI at parts.

It was good but not enough to wash the bad memories of BvS off my head. I hope they retcon that shit altogether.

So was the implication that the Lantern who died fighting Steppenwolf in the flashback was the only lantern present for that fight?

Because otherwise I’m having trouble coming up with a good explanation for not taking the Motherboxes into space and putting them on three completely different planets, or maybe the phantom zone

They kept the same Lex Luthor
So I doubt it
Unless they go full flashpoint

I like it, I didn't expect to like it, I loved Superman

The soft retcon of Superman being all about hope it's totally acceptable

So, was Superman's resurrection supposed to be like a lazarus pit? He came back by being submerged in gross liquid and came back crazy for a few moments.

Couple ideas
>Earth is a backwater planet rarely visited, so leaving them there would be fine considering no one is going to mess with them, not even the primitive Earth monkeys
OR
>The Guardians suck at their job

Dude Ben was going through rehab when WB decided to bring him back for reshoots. You act like it's his fault that too WB decided to change their mind about his finsihed work. If the reshoots weren't such a sudden thing Ben would have stayed in shape. Hell he's not filming shit now and looks like he drop 15 pounds.

It was actually the Motherbox that revived him I think

I think the user meant the result, going crazy after getting revived

Checked

Yeah I read that wrong
I guess maybe that's just the side effect of being revived?

Plot wise it wasn't a Lazarus Pit, but thematically yeah you have a strong point.

Also, that ressurection scene was full HYPERCRISIS.

Justice League 2 wont be the ghost of Snyder's script. Filming wont be a mess of reshoots. Ben(or whoever will be playing Batman next) will be buff and have no chub. The next movie will rock the house.

I highly recommend psychiatric treatment

Agreed. As someone who left the theater from MoS, BvS, SS and WW disappointed, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed JL.

I give it a 7/10 same as I gave Thor 3

Well, it's canon that The Guardians are a bunch of fuck ups, they caused the death of an entire star system with their blundering

>Batman catches Flash mid trip-up

Took me entirely out of the film, not even kidding,

This. I liked it as much as Thor granted I went alone to Thor and JL with some friends so that maybe changed my views on how entertaining it really was

I loved Superman I can't say enough how much I loved Superman, using Lane was kind of cheap but I get why they did it, if Batman used Martha I could see the revival of the memes

I was won over at the use of Frost Breath, I can't begin to tell you how wide I smiled at that. Everyone forgets the frost breath

They got it right.
The won me over at the kids video.
They threw me off at the Lane moment but the moment he joined the fight that was all perfect.
His displaying of power was just great
I kind of wanted that the rave was running but I can see why they want Barry to be the only runner

Yeah that was just cool

However, I am not a fan of the effects they used for flash, call it nitpicking, but the damn lightening would have looked so much better if it were yellow. And with Barry name dropping Speed Force it's not like there has to be an explanation as to why it's yellow rather than bright blue white.

That bit with him pushing the truck, then he looks over and sees Supes carrying a whole building got a good kek out of me though

>tfw Barry subtly makes reference to Grodd and Captain Cold
>tfw you're the only person in the theater to get those references
Also was that Ra's Al Ghul armor in the once scene with Bruce and Alfred?

Every Superman scene after arriving to help was great, just great I loved it. it felt out of place(personality wise) after the first two movies he was in but I don't care

>when Clark called Barry a slowpoke

>Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman is absolute junk. The worst part of the DCEU is Gal Gadot.

>Also was that Ra's Al Ghul armor in the once scene with Bruce and Alfred?
I dunno. But I hope this new continuity doesn't have League of Assassins, they already dominated the Nolan trilogy.

I like him as Batman/Bruce but he felt flatter in this movie, but that was probably the whedon rewrites, as well as Ben kind of checking out of the role.

Daily reminder that Snyder got a contract, if he want he will direct Justice League 2 since it was already prmised by him.

However WB didn't even hired patty for justice league 2 until it got over 800 million dollars and fandom pressure. Those guys are ratarded as fuck.