So was Didi actually Death or was she just a delusional teenager who just happened to look a lot like her?

So was Didi actually Death or was she just a delusional teenager who just happened to look a lot like her?

>or was she just a delusional teenager who just happened to look a lot like her
How do you even think that interpretation is on the cards?

He's probably a cynic bitch like the teenager in the comic.

take it boy

Death needs to take art lessons

Then what if the other Endless start calling her Didi once they catch wind of that?

it'd get a bit confusing since all their names start with D. And two of them start with the Dee sound

Only Delirium might find it confusing, honestly.

My question is: would that be a good way for Desire to tease her and make her sound silly in front of the others?

I bet Dream would do it to tease Desire and Desire would be like
>are you making fun of me
and Dream's eye would do its star sparkle thing and he'd say
>am I?

They're all so childish.

>Morpheus tripping on his robe
C U T E

Death is still just as cute too.

bomp

>Death actually wanting another person in her domain
I thought she was a loner

Before she mellowed out. Yeah that was definitely implied. Apparently the ritual where she becomes human every few hundred years is what softens her heart.

How did Dream get him over Death?

She can give me lessons

death gave him to dream (on loan, since all things eventually come to her).

So where do Endless go when they die?

>when they die?
They don't, not really. According to Sandman, Morpheus was just a point of view, and Daniel is just another facade of the same thing.

the same place they all do, I assume. death's realm is never really explored, although Lucifer gets into it a bit (sort of).

yes they never really die (you might even say they don't end!) but the dream that we were familiar with definitely died. although they eventually will die for real, at the end of all things.

I thought they talked about how the universe will end one day and then even the Endless won't survive.

>death's realm
What's the difference between that and the afterlife? Since DC has souls and what not.

They will just cease to exist, along with the concepts they embody, except for Death, who will turn off the lights, and lock the door on her way out.

they are anthropomorphic embodiments of certain ideas and their opposites. they don't have souls

>tfw you couldn’t protect that smile

what was this from, i don't recall it

Endless Nights

Didi probably didn't exist before that day, when Death became human she was given an entire backstory and peoples memories were adjusted so that she would belong.
Didi is just Deaths OC.

He died and she was "taking" him, it wasn't a matter of Death wanting company

Abel's murder was the first time a human ever died, Morpheus just felt sorry for them and took him to the dreaming instead

Endless nights Dream's story.

And now Daniel is going to die when barbatos but rapes him he’s going to be screaming
> SISTER SAVE ME !
>You only call for her cause I let you

They don't? Where does Death take Morpheus then? Does he just wither away into nothingness?

He was not a human tho.

I think death's realm IS the afterlife? they never say where people go when she takes them, and the only series to address it (Lucifer) really muddies things on that end (Hell, which is apparently a willing participation thing, plus when Lucy goes after Elaine's... soul? whatever it was).

>Abel's murder was the first time a human ever died
Things had died before abel (hell, people had died before abel).

Hm. What happens to the afterlives when the universe ends? What does the universe "ending" even mean? All the stars dying out? The last living thing dying?

Read this: This was back before humans even existed when life only begun.

>Where does Death take Morpheus then
Nowhere, look at it like this: Morpheus was just a phase.

Why is Dream the only one of the endless that has actual people living with him?

Depends on what you mean by actual people. There isn't a single human being there.

actually destruction and later delirium has barnabas

Death's realm is the "true" afterlife in a sense, far as I can interpret things.

But the afterlives of other religions are in different realms, and it probably depends on your personal beliefs (if you go for "faith-powered gods" that is the Sandman setting)

For instance, let's say you're a generic Christian.

Death meets you before you're born, then you're born, and you live your life. Then you die and meet Death, and Death will take you to where you think you belong, Heaven or Hell. Then you hang out there until the universe dies, and, with all faithful mortals gone, God will die. Then Death takes them all to her realm.

Likewise, if you're Hindu, Death will meet you when you die, and take you to your next life.

If you're Buddhist, then you die, meet Death, and she takes to your next life. It could be as a life on Earth (as an animal, a different human, etc), or in the appropriate heaven or hell. Then you die again, meet Death, and go to the next one. And so the cycle continues until enlightenment is reached, or the universe dies, and then Death takes you to her realm.

Of course, this doesn't include all the changes that come with the afterlife and the Abrahamic God when you more fully integrate Sandman into the Vertigo universe (or greater DC multiverse) as it is after the Sandman's publication.

Gaiman already explained that the Abrahamic God is the God of the DCU because people believe he is. Just as once upon a time the Earth was flat because that was what people believed or that cats rule the world (until people dreamed otherwise).

the endless fear pic related

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Someone else had said differently last month in a similar Sandman thread, that the Silver City was special because God was the one who created the multiverse, blah blah blah.

Anyways, it'd be interesting to deal with Darkseid and the other New Gods in a setting that uses faith-powered gods. Just kill all of Darkseid's mortal followers and then he dies!

Worship Superman to give him god powers!

>young Hellboy trick-or-treating as Lobster Johnson
This is so good.

>The Batman Who Laughs
Is this any good, user?

pretty good but kinda edgy

wouldn't work darkseid is better

I really don't think Death would care.

I read that in his voice.

But what about aliens? Intergalatic empires with state religions should theoretical have more belief power than judeo-Christian humans.

It's mentioned that Cain and Able weren't humans, and their story didn't happen on Earth, so it's possible that abrahamic faiths extend to aliens in some shape or form.

Given how the Abrahamic God more or less dislikes other gods, chances are he probably went around furiously converting as many people off his planet as on it, to the point of reaching out to a backwater like Earth.

If he is omnipotent then couldn't he theoretically empower himself to survive without the worship of mortals?
I think Gaiman should've just ignored the Abrahamic God for the purpose of his story.

Also who gives people souls?

Maybe he just has the monopoly on monotheistic worship

If people believed he could do that... Why would he ignore the most popularly believed story for a book about belief and stories?

I'm like 99% sure that Death mentions that when the universe goes, everything goes with it. I always assumed that she meant that every single piece of existence cease to exist. Including her.

What about those Taoist beliefs?

it just dawned on me, i think they are so young because it was the first human death on earth

If only people listened.

Who cares?

God this story was shit. The Delirium and Despairs ones were great though.

So not even God can escape entropy huh? Damn that's depressing.

It just feels kind of confusing. If people believe he's omnipotent, and that MAKES him omnipotent, then once he's omnipotent can't he make his omnipotence unreliant on people's beliefs? Or make himself immune to entropy?

Great, so we can call her Didi from now on

who do you think

Oi is that Constantine? That nigga everywhere.

/ourgirl/

Pretty much just as said
Destiny is the second last thing ever to go. Death relieves him. Go read Books of Magic.

>Only Delirium might find it confusing, honestly.
Because she finds everything confusing.
..So, how'd Cain get there? Come to think of it, isn't he supposed to be Vandal Savage?

I want to marry Death and spend the rest of eternity with her

No cause we see them in the same panel in metal

I think that mostly comes from the time when DC Editorial and Vertigo Editorial were Very-Separate-Things, and when DC was treating everything from Vertigo as its own universe (even though Sandman started off in the DCU because Vertigo wasn't a thing yet)

> isn't he supposed to be Vandal Savage?
Nah, That's something that showed up in Final crisis.

>Worship Superman to give him god powers!
I honestly think this is already how it works.

Read Overture. The Endless we see are local representations we see because we are human.

hol up lemme fix that pic

that is the joke, yes

theeeeere we go

Nice!

original artist here, breddy gud

floof is crucial