Comics changing shit up

>Marvel made Flash Thompson the IT guy
Explain to me why cape movies are changing race and colour of characters so much? Is this a PC thing?
Flash Thompson is meant to be a blue eyed, blonde haired jock, not Rajesh from Microsoft.

I know, I'm a bit behind so sorry about that, I just torrented the movie the other day. Is it true this movie flopped? I heard it make a few millions, or is that because it's a Marvel movie?

How was Justice League?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRJiF1lnGO8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, it didn't flop.

It was the lowest budget movie in MCU history.

The guy playing Flash was hispanic, not a pajeet.

welp shit, still a brown guy.

this movie was disgustingly average, Im honestly upset they scrapped TASM version. CGI is hard to ignore, the dude is neither the best peter or spiderman, and the overall story was too predictable.

Although I agree there's no point in changing the race of a character, there's genuinely no issue unless the character's race was/becomes a crucial aspect of their personality. Otherwise who cares, its the same shit.

The plan is to replace literally every white character with one who is non white. Once you realize kikes HATE whites and want them gone everything makes more sense.

I didnt like that Peter was dating Jazz Jennings in this movie

Yeah, they sure did a good job doing that where the main character, his aunt, his antagonist, and his mentor are all still white people.

>Who cares about race/colour change
Fuckin I do dude. I grew up with these characters this way, I want them to change.

I was at my locak comic shop when I ran into a black dude. I asked him at the time about what he thought about the Flash and how they changed Kid Flash to black. Even he agreed that it was stupid and they should keep them the same. If we did that to John Stewart in DC we would have hell to pay.

>I asked a black dude
Lad, I dont give a fuck who you asked. The race of Flash never mattered, the dude can still be the exact same as he's always been. I already said I see no point in it, but they did it, and nothing bad comes from it, so quit complaining.

>we would have hell to pay
>we

As white people, fine, I dunno your race but still, if a white writer/director whatever made the the call to make a black character white, he'd be racist and you know it user.

They succeeded in The Flash by killing his parents then making his adoptive family niggers. It will happen to every single character given enough time. Because once you have a non white character making them white is “racist”. But I’m sure we’ll have a white Nick Fury again any day now.

Also FUCK Nig Flash. I hate his character and I wish his dumb nigger rapper actor would die in a drive by so they could keep him off the show forever.

I like you.

Because 90% of these characters and their supporting casts were created in the 60s and before, when it was rare to see any non-whites that weren't caricatures or villains, so now that they are being adapted in the modern day they will change the races of characters to stop every character of importance in the movie from being white.

No body likes. The new flash though, if you want to change his race at least make him a big athletic guy, not some chubby manlet who's catch phrase is penis.

I can understand that they need to change it up from time to time but hell know to a supporting cast member that has some initial role IE Flash Thompson or Kid Flash.

If they want a black hero, make one

that didn't make a lot of sense good sir.

>Is it true this movie flopped?
if by flop you mean "didnt make as much money as the avengers" then 99% of all movies flopped

it was the highest grossing super hero film of 2017, and was met with positive critical reception and a good word of mouth
as well as launching MCU spider-mans prestige, opening the gate for yet more appearances

by all accounts it did pretty well, complaining from Sup Forums notwithstanding

>best Spider Man ever
wew lad what did they mean by this

He will always be an awesome Peter but I like andrew more. Which is why I don't get why Andrew wasn't in homecoming

The Raimi movies aged badly (not even in a Raimiposting sense, but in an unironic one), and people mostly remember them out of nostalgia.

>If they want a black hero, make one
>Make Black Panther
>Every thread is shitposting and KANGZ memes within 5 posts
>People only bring him up to say YOU WOULDN'T MAKE HIM WHITE WOULD YOU?!
I'd respect these threads a lot more if you guys quit with the excuses and just said you want comics to be whites only.

Homecoming also aged badly

holy fuck lmao

why not just swing to it

I don't want comics to be white only, I want comics to be what they were meant to be.
This is why I don't mind Miles as another Spidey

This. I don't care if Flash Thompson is black, pajeet, Hispanic, Asian; I care about him being an All-American type guy who joins the military and becomes Spidey's number one fan. This kid does not scream that to me.

The only thing worse than Venom is the Venom fanbase.

Name one scene from Homecoming that can compete with this
youtube.com/watch?v=iRJiF1lnGO8

Amen.

>This is why I don't mind Miles as another Spidey
You mean WE WUZ SPIDERMANZ AND SHIEET as he was so lovingly named?

>this guy is supposed to be war veteran who lost his legs for his country
What were they thinking

Are devotees of Weepy Parker and One Piece the same group of people?

Anime is trash

Why do people keep acting like soldier Flash represents his entire history? Like, bitch that he's not a sports guy or something, but who cares about the veteran thingie? We're not going to get agent Venom, even if they cast a typical blonde jock

It's amazing that no one at the studios has realized that the joyless Edgy Villains from the late 80's to early 90's will never translate into anything but shit in theaters.

Was he good Uncle Ben?

No one gives a shit about Flash Venom. Brock Lesnar Venom is all that matters

So i guess making young Flash a cooler nerd works after all

>that pic

I hate that they called Betty Brant the character played by Angourie Rice.

>tumblr file name
wew

>there's genuinely no issue unless the character's race was/becomes a crucial aspect of their personality.
fuck that, don't just change a character for no reason. I want a faithful adaption, not a hip new outlook. It's not a race thing either, it's everything. Hair color, age, body language, personality, etc. I disliked both Peter and Aunt May in the new Spiderman movie because neither character was portrayed correctly.

If they want to change shit up, make something new or at least repackage it in a way that doesn't feel forced and pandering. Shit, they could just make a Miles+Spidergwen movie and have all the diversity they want.

There's a reason the Deadpool movie was so highly received from fans of the comic. It was a strong and accurate portrayal to the character, and Ryan Reynolds is basically as close as you can get to Deadpool. I don't want "better", I want accuracy.

Absolutely no one at all wants to see Aunt May as the old 60's Granny from Sylvester and Tweety.

>preferring le trendy milf aunt
you're cancer.

>wanting teen Parker with a perpetually hospitalized 85 yr old aunt.

what a reddit opinion

Do you even read Spider Man comics?

Deadpool was accurate? Negasonic was basically OC, they made blind Al black and Bob wasn't Hydra anymore. You're not using the same standards on the two movies, both made changes that weren't drastic at all for the characters and world

Have you read any from before 1998?

I didn't know Reddit produced Spectacular Spider-Man.

>He thinks Peter should be about 16 years old instead of already in college
>He thinks Aunt May should be in her midish 30s
Seriously, you're a faggot. Aunt May should be in her fucking 50s at least, this May looks like she just got off work at Hooters of 5 years. She was hot in the beginning but they will let her go, they see her fading

>Sup Forums brainwash victims are unironically the "welp all dem brownies look duh same tuh me!" stereotype and get two completely different people mixed up

>he cares about a non-white person
fuck off

>He thinks Aunt May should be in her midish 30s
Marisa Tomai is 52 you blithering waste of breath.

Classic Aunt may is what the young talent at Marvel in the 60's thought anyone over the age of 50 looked like. (they didn't get out much).

Most of Sup Forumsmplainers problem with him is the extremely inconsistent way his country is treated. Not that Sup Forumscksuckers have a problem with a super advanced city in Africa, just its constantly changing character.

BP goes from average cape to mary sue and back again. But that's standard for any cape.

>Explain to me why cape movies are changing race and colour of characters so much?

Because most of the major "franchise" characters were made at a time when making Black characters who were an actual supporting cast member instead of wacky comic relief or a stereotype was all but verboten, and aside from "BUT IT'S ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY", there isn't any significant reason for, say, Flash Thompson or even Mary Jane Watson to be White. Their being White has no actual effect on their character; if Mary Jane was Black, it wouldn't really change anything about her personality, backstory, or relationship with Peter Parker.

And before you go BUT WHY CAN'T WE MAKE BLACK CHARACTERS WHITE, consider how many major comic book characters are White as opposed to how many are Black. Now imagine a table with 100 seats - 90 of these seats are filled with White characters, and 10 are filled with Black characters. Take one of the White seats and change it to a Black seat, and the effect on White representation is negligible at best. Change a Black seat to a White one, on the other hand, and the effect is much more noticeable.

I am not saying any historically White character MUST have their race changed, nor am I saying that a race change must automatically come with ZOMG RACIAL STORYLINES. But if there is no real reason beyond "tradition" for a White character to be White, and a Black, Asian, or Latino actor fits that role while having solid chemistry with the rest of the cast, I see no reason why that character cannot be Black/Asian/Latino.

Whole Spider-Man supporting cast is white in comics

They wanted to put Spider-Man in mixed race neighborhood in New York, it makes sense the side characters are colored

Flash is supposed to be the bully, today the bullies are rich kids, not strong beautiful kids.

Movie made a lot of money, wasn't a flop. It's not as good as Raimi two movies but it's fine. Best Marvel villain in my opinion.

Justice League is barely watchable. No emotions, just slog. The only good thing is that it's short.

Reading old comics, it really stands out to me that the entire cast is white. The team is NYC based, interacting with the world, and the only non-white characters are--- the aliens from outerspace. Say what? Those old white guys from NYC had very little imagination in cast as far as their basic background.

Of course, they are from a time where to let blacks know that a hero was black, they had to use the word "black" in his name, where he needed it or not. Like "Black Vulcan", and "Black Panther". Why? Because that was the only way they could get black customers attention. But why did they need to draw attention? Because every other character they made was freaking white!

Didn't Ben and May look unnaturally older because Ditko imagined them as granpas but then Lee thought they worked better as uncles?

nah you're right user. Lets do George washington as a black midget.It doesn't affect shit right?

>It made a lot of money, clearly not a flop
Go watch the producers 2005 version.

Peter Parker being able to afford to live in an all-white neighborhood in New York City would have been a more radical change than anything that occurred in Homecoming.

You should have seen the shit Miles got on Sup Forums when he was first announced.

Exactly what you would expect from this site.

George Washington is not a fictional character. Having him played by a Black actor would be no better than having Martin Luther King, Jr. played by a White actor.

To the comic book world, fictional characters are history characters and they mean a lot to the people reading the comic books or watching the films they are in.

>Those old white guys from NYC had very little imagination
They were young back then

Young and Jewish. (well not Ditko, he was white)

I mind Miles because he's a poor character, literally a copy of Peter, bitten by the same spider, with OP powers that allowed Bendis to get him out of troubles in the most boring ways possible every other time. His entire existence it's just lazy, do we even have an official explanation of how he can exist in the same universe where normal Spidey never died? When will he get his own name?

>To the comic book world, fictional characters are history characters

...I have read a lot of stupid retardation on this site over the past decade, and this is one of the most "what the fuck are you smoking, nigga" posts I have ever read.

I stand corrected. I get banned here for nothing other than mentioning not all comic writers were jews, and getting told by the mod that is too Sup Forumsly for Sup Forums, have a vacation.

OK I get it, it's stupid to think that way, but to me, someone who has maybe a handful of in real life friends, comics, cartoons, anime, especially Super Heroes, it's all I really have. So when I watch superhero stuff, it makes me feel alive and I love it. It's the biggest reason why I have over 500hs in Batman Arkham City just go roam around and do whatever. My point is, that even if it sounds stupid, to me, comics mean a lot, and changing them up, well it would mess with my head, and I know I'm not the only one.

Movies shouldn't be 100% faithful to the comics. It should be different and good. If you just rip off the script from the comic book, what is the point in making the movie?

>to me, someone who has maybe a handful of in real life friends, comics, cartoons, anime, especially Super Heroes, it's all I really have

GET THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR BASEMENT AND FIND A LIFE, YOU FUCKING PISSANT. Fictional characters are not your friends, and they are not real. Wonder Woman is not going to suck your dick.

They don't produce $250 million dollar films to specifically cater to your Autism.

Dude chill. I do get out, I play TCGs on Monday. I never said any of that now did I? I don't see heroes in that light at all. I never said they were my friends, it's just a comfort. What's your damage dude?

Also, I've never been able to see any heroes in any sexual manner. Dunno why.

>it's just a comfort

No, it's a crutch. Learn to live without it, pissbaby.

I never said that now did I?

Why are you so angry?

>I never said that now did I?

No, but it's clear that you think they should.

>Why are you so angry?

Because assholes like you are why the comics industry can never move forward - because you can't stand change and new ideas, because it scares you that new audiences who don't look like you and don't share your religious devotion to the X-Men or whatever might want something other than what you think they should get. Fuck you. I hope you're buried in your adult diaper.

1. Never thought it

>because assholes like you
Faggot, I am the complete opposite. If anything, I want new comics. I want new stories. I want to see it move forward. But I want the god damn characters to stay the fucking same. I want to see a growth but I don't want them to change up main characters and act like it's no big deal. You're ok with that fine, but I'm not and there are plenty of other people that are in the same boat as me. Sure, you're ok with scared dumbasses making everything every other colour. Just you wait. Wait for them to make a main character black, hispanic, arabic or something, and see how it affects you. Did you know they cast Will Smith as Genie in the upcoming live-action Aladin?

Aside from that, keeping to the original script is always better. Do we need to bring up Suicide Squad and how bad that was?

So yes, I'm not the asshole you think I am. I want shit to work, I want shit to move forward, but not when they are fucking up a based character.

So fuck you.

>I want the god damn characters to stay the fucking same

Right, gotcha, you want things to stay the same and never change.

>Did you know they cast Will Smith as Genie in the upcoming live-action Aladin?

...SO THE FUCK WHAT? Genie is blue; he could be played by literally any actor in the world.

>I want shit to work, I want shit to move forward, but not when they are fucking up a based character

Okay, answer me this: If an X-Men movie cast a Latino actor for Cyclops, but changed nothing about Cyclops as a character, how would that casting fundamentally make his character any different than if they cast another White guy? What is so important about Cyclops being White other than MUH TRADISHUN?

>what is so important about changing a character even if its just his skin colour but nothing changes

It's the fact that he wasn't originally. It's the fact that in the beginning, he was white. If he were Latino character, I would say the same thing. It can change a lot for a character. The fact that he is now and has been Latino, can mean a lot. It could change an entire backstory. He's latino, maybe he was in the "Kings" (Latino gang), maybe he was a blood, or something stupid. I know you're thinking "he's white, so that shit doesn't happen" and it's somewhat true. But at the same time, it means when you look at a white person, you see more pure vs any other race, and I'm not saying that in a racist manner, I'm saying that in comparison to when you look at any other race. Every race is already judged for the shit they did and always will be. So that's 1 reason.

>It's the fact that he wasn't originally.

BUT MUH TRADISHUN

>It could change an entire backstory

"Could" ≠ "Will"

Nothing says his backstory has to fundamentally change just because he is a different race. If his backstory is not fundamentally defined by his race/ethnicity, I see no harm in changing that aspect of his character. This would be different if it were a character like Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark, both of whom are the comic book poster boys for White privilege by way of enormous wealth. Same goes for a character like Storm, whose backstory is so fundamentally defined by her being African that changing her ethnicity would all but require a complete re-write of her entire backstory.

>when you look at a white person, you see more pure vs any other race

...fucking what, you dumbfuck?

to be honest there mate, I love your anger. It shows you're nothing more than an ape who cannot hold a conversation without rage.

>storm
Technically, you could say she was white and raised in africa. There's nothing wrong with that now is there? But being "defined" means that right?
It's like saying, there's no such thing as a black japanese person.

>Wonder Woman is not going to suck your dick.
Neither will anyone else, what's the difference

>this dumb nigger thinks he's called the black panther because he's black