Theaving gems taking our barns!

Theaving gems taking our barns!
Build planetary shield; remove rock people!

Andy DeMayo was right!
About everything!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B87iIRCxqMk
dailymotion.com/video/x4dayup
dailymotion.com/video/x52g2hj
steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Gem_Harvest/Transcript
youtube.com/watch?v=y6S_huIfftk
youtube.com/watch?v=oZ0DwMrlGSI
youtu.be/oZ0DwMrlGSI
youtu.be/y6S_huIfftk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd really love it if andy of all people was the one to give lapis her "why you suck" speech

I'd think it'd be better if Steven or Peridot did it since Lapis has more of a emotional connection/history with them

I've always wanted to see a character who exists soley to tell it how it is.

That is and always has been Peridot. She's been consistently and correctly calling out the CGs as incompetent goons for her entire time on the show.

Uncle Carl should take Peridot under his wing now that they both know how it feels to have their barn taken by cunts.
They are both pilots too. She can be the family he always wanted and he can rehabilitate her with good Christian values after being the victim of zukeshit for the last two seasons.

except she vastly overstates her importance and we're supposed to side with her that the CEO has to take a glorified maintenance guy to scrap their long term plan for her suggestions.

that sounds gold.

>Be extremely leftist.
>Be upset about trump election
>Make a safe space *racist Trump caricature*
>Make him look tight about everything in the end.
WEW Rebeca Sugar confirmed for undercover racist or so retarded that she actually parodies herself and her ideology while trying to make fun of Trump.

That shit takes too long to make for it not to have been a coincidence that that was released during the election- it would make more sense if Dewey Wins was being worked on with the 2016 election in mind, and at least with that, it didn't turn Dewey into something he wasn't, it straight up addressed something that should have been addressed which was how capable of a mayor was Dewey, and who could replace him.

This is all I could ask for- for Andy to be the one to bring her back. I want to see him go Shinra No. 26 on her ass.

u dum

Andy
is introduced as a screaming *racist* caricature.
He is right in the episode (the barn gems are trashing his property).
Now that Lapis took his barn he is once again proven right.

Why did Lapis take the barn?

Andy is not introduced as a "screaming racist", he has no leanings to any political ideologies nor was he written to attack anyone in particular. He's written as a human character with personal reasons for why he acts the way he does.

You have to be some kind of socially numb autist not to see that.

You have to be some kind of socially numb autist not to see that SU has massive levels of leftist propaganda.

Regardless of what you think, Andy is the worst example you could pull to reinforce your stance. His motivations are entirely personal and at no point is he positioned as an antagonist.

Why did she fucking take the barn?

>Andy "illegal aliens?" Demayo
He's clearly a conservative parody, just written very well

Daily reminder that US will nuder everything 10 times example:
1) Tell aliens that Jasper is in your anus.
The aliens mistake it for Uranus and move while you laugh.
2)Castrated by the creators into
Tell aliens that Jasper is on Neptun.
The aliens take it on face value and move while you laugh.

This is why Andy is a *racist* not a racist.
The changed it from
>You are a invading aliens get of my planet!
and castrated it to:
>You are hippies!

You need to learn to read past the 10 levels of the actual message getting castrated.

Is he a parody then or just a conservative character in a liberal show

>Everything about this post

How old are you?
Is this your first time realizing everything has undertones of political messages in them?
How many levels of political unwrapping are you doing daily passivity?
What is your political ideology and for who have you voted for in the past 5 elections?

Also state your
Race
and

Also I'm talking about the Neptune joke in hit the diamond (at the end):

youtube.com/watch?v=B87iIRCxqMk
dailymotion.com/video/x4dayup

But he's not a parody though. He's never shown in a negative light or dismissed for his feelings.

Andy's entire motivation is that he loves his family. In fact the idea that he only cares about "muh property" is quickly deconstructed. He doesn't give a shit about the junk in the barn, he's just forced an attachment to it by association with his memories of his family, and once he realizes he's doing that he stops caring about it and gives it away. To the gems. Because he sees them as family.

>He's never shown in a negative light
He is introduced as
>Get out of my property
>You.. You...
>Hippies!

And is portrayed to be negative, for SU, keep this in mind.
>Andy's entire motivation is that he loves his family.
Re-watch the episode.
The gems are trashing his property.
He is angry about it.

>about the junk in the barn
Literally wrong:
dailymotion.com/video/x52g2hj
steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Gem_Harvest/Transcript
>Ah-what?! What the...?! Hobos broke into the barn!

>You're hobettes? A hobo is a man's job.
Sexist! Explain this away.

Meanwhile in the actual episode:
>What I want? I want you hippies out of my barn!

what he meant is that we can barely understand you because of your broken english

Meanwhile in the actual episode:
>They're illegal aliens! Wha...? You couldn't even marry an American?!

Nice damage control.
Can you point out what is
>broken english
in
I'm not sarcastic.
I only always welcome constructive criticism.
Best way to learn.

Andy and his antics feel free to copy past this:

>You're hobettes? A hobo is a man's job.
Sexist!
illegals!
>Is it just going to be a bunch of vegetables? (sighs) I should have figured, you're a bunch of vegetarians!
>Aw, don't let them get to you Steven. I'll get you a stick of pepperoni for your birthday.
Vegetarians!
>Hehe. Hey. it works! You know I guess it's good these plane parts are getting some use. Maybe recycling ain't so bad.
Recycling!
>What do you mean you weren't "technically married?!?"
Marriage!
>You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name, but you're goin' around, givin' family property out like candy on... some kind of candy-givin'-out holiday?
Changing your name.
Also property.

Bonus fag points(for the writers) for not saying:
>givin' family property out like candy on Halloween?
Because holidays and their names are triggering the leftists.
SU is a safe space cartoon and saying Halloween is like saying nigger.

holy shit, do you really think andy was supposed to be trump? I'm honestly astounded, you are retarded in ways that defy explanation.

See
youtube.com/watch?v=oZ0DwMrlGSI
illegals!
Pictured actual comment section of the video.

>you need to project the same insane take that I do to get the real message
have you heard of induction? obviously not because you seem to collect learning disabilities like your mom collects cigarette burns and disconnected phone numbers, but maybe you can ask your carer to explain the concept to you.

I know retarded is overused word in this day and age.
However when practically everyone is getting this message except you.
You might start looking if you have a real mental retardation.
In like for real.

cause trump's the only conservative in the world?

besides the fact that he's clearly not a trump stand in, is the idea that you can't even make a character conservative? liberal characters can be liberal but if a character is conservative, they are a parody? like, andy was just too much, no person like that actually exists so they must be a parody?

come on man of all the political shit you could bitch about this show (on the comics and cartoon board, of course! where the hell else would you go to talk politics?), you pick Andy? really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

>everyone else
>13 unique posters in this thread
>multiple people besides me have replied saying how retarded you are
lol dude

You see now you are getting mad.
Are you mad because you did not get it like the other kids did?
>cause trump's the only conservative in the world?
Don't try to spin this we all know Andy is a representation of the Americans who hate immigrants.
This was the point from the start.
People are only saying this because Trump is the most prominent of these politicians today.

>they are a parody?
No sir, he is a parody because Trumps or any person who has anti immigration views has their position not represented correctly. Making Andy literally and figuratively a cartoon, a cartoonish parody of these (anti immigration) people.
The point is real anyone with anti immigration views can present a far superior than Andy.

I'm curious are you retarded or trying to make people not pay attention to this?

>Muh drive by posters who are to retarded to state their position correctly.
Care to give something substantial or are you going to wank to how many unique posters are on your side?

Oh maybe you did not see it.
I was talking about everyone else outside of Sup Forums getting it.
And they even make parodies of this in videos.
youtu.be/oZ0DwMrlGSI

what am I spinning? you (or someone else?) said andy was a trump stand in, I told them they were retarded, here we are.

trying to make people not pay attention to what? jesus christ dude this is some weapons grade stupid. you and I are the only ones here. why are you even on this board?

>are you going to wank to how many unique posters are on your side?
I was replying to your post saying "everyone is getting the message except you" so I guess that's a question better asked to yourself.

Friendly reminder that Lapis will N E V E R face negative repercussions from her actions.

>everyone is getting the message except you
I was talking about people commenting in here
youtu.be/y6S_huIfftk
and making parody videos here
youtu.be/oZ0DwMrlGSI
In like click on these links.

>what am I spinning? you (or someone else?)
See:
>This is why Andy is a *racist* not a racist.
You keep on pushing this "Trump" name wank.

>trying to make people not pay attention to what
Andy = representation of people with anti immigration views.

What made Lapis think she could just take the barn? Peridot lived there too.

This is a interesting question.

The barn belongs to Andy and/or Steven/Greg.
She stole it.

Greg can buy Andy over a 100 barns, it's not as big of a deal as most anons in this thread make it to be.

>Greg can buy Andy over a 100 barns
Do they come with sentimental objects like his did?
Also how is Greg's bank balance after Lapis destroyed a ship and made Greg pay for it?
And its about the principle, proving Andy right and that gems have no respect for property.
What is Lapis going to do with a barn in space?

Why is she even needing it?

>it's okay to steal from people who have rich relatives

Ah good old butchered messages in cartoons.

In other news where is Rebecca Sugar living? I like to take some of her property, after all she can buy it back she is rich.
I want some computer monitors, nothing big she can buy them back herself.

Why are the writers writing retarded dialog like
>You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name, but you're goin' around, givin' family property out like candy on... some kind of candy-givin'-out holiday?
and not like this:
>You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name, but you're goin' around, givin' family property out like candy on Halloween?

Halloween doesn't exist in the Universeverse

Why did the writers chose to not have it?
Why are there no holidays in SU?
I suspect its not to make it look strange, they could have invented fictional holidays.

>You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name, but you're goin' around, givin' family property out like candy on Kartnuk?

Because all her stuff was in it. She still cared about CPH and her meepmorps and the barn, and wanted to take it with her.

The problem I think, is that Peridot clearly cared about that shit way more than Lapis did. Lapis was ready to just take Peri and Pumpkin under her arms and fly off to space before Peridot said "wait I can't leave the house." But when Lapis got the idea "I can take my barn with me," she didn't abandon that new idea when Peridot said she wouldn't be coming. Because she's a horrible person who doesn't care about Peridot's attachment to stuff. And also doesn't think about or care about Andy's attachment to that stuff either.

Same reason she smashed Peridot's tape recorder. She doesn't care about hurting other people as long as she gets her way.

She smashed it because Peridot was annoying her.
Not even
>she gets her way

>about CPH
Was she really shown to be interested in the show or only watched it with Peridot and did not have attachment to the show?

They did invent fictional holidays, or at least celebrations. Beach City celebrates Beachapalooza and has their own version of New Years every year, and I think a Founder's Day. Probably other stuff too. Steven knows how to make a jack o lantern for whatever reason, so that's still a thing even if Halloween by name isn't specifically. Andy's line proves they still have a word and concept for holidays even if he doesn't name a specific one.

The writers probably chose not to have our holidays like Halloween and Christmas because those are very strongly tied into our world's culture, religions, and history, and their absence implies that Steven's universe doesn't share our history on that level. If you keep Christmas, for example, it raises the distracting question of where Jesus and christianity fits in on a post gem war Earth. If you make up a new holiday that resembles Christmas but rename it "Happy Snowflake Day" or some shit, that can come out kinda lame and also raises questions on how it came to be, and there's other stuff to be focusing on in the meantime, so they opted out of it. And if Andy had said "Handing out candy like on Happy Snowflake Day," the audience wouldn't know what he was talking about, and we'd wait around for the inevitable Happy Snowflake Day episode that maybe the crew doesn't want to make.

Besides the line is funnier the way it is, it's part of the joke.

She made a meepmorp that was just a loop of one of the lines from the show and said she made it because she just liked the show, so she probably likes it at least a bit. And we know she's often reading manga by herself, so she has an interest in Earth entertainment outside of her relationship to Peridot.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FREAKIN' BARN?!

Fun fact birth days exist in SU its canon.
So dialog like:
>You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name, but you're goin' around, givin' family property out like candy on a birthday?
or
>You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name, but you're goin' around, givin' family property out like candy from a candy clown on a birthday?
or simply
>You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name, but you're goin' around, givin' family property out like candy from a candy clown?
or why not:
>You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name, but you're goin' around, givin' family property out like candy?
Shit dialog writing is shit.
What is wrong with SU writers?
>The writers probably
The Andy stuttering sounds bad and
>candy on... some kind of candy-givin'-out holiday?
is retarded.
What is wrong with saying:
>You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name, but you're goin' around, givin' family property out like candy?

This is kind of true I need to re-watch the episodes (can you drop the names of them?) .
Lapis only has this "I don't give a shit about anything" face 24/7.
I took it more like she liked to make it however after showing them dose not give a shit if they are destroyed kind of like some art projects in school.

It's a meta joke, guy. It's not hard to understand. They didn't want the line to be serious and they chose to make him incapable of thinking of a candy giving out time as part of the joke, and as a recognition that our obvious candy giving out holidays don't exist in this universe but they're not gonna make one up just then. It's not THAT funny or well written of a joke, but it's not more shit writing than "from a candy clown on a birthday." What even is a candy clown? Who throws out candy on a birthday? You mean like from a pinata? Who cares, the line isn't worth it.

Sorry, I don't remember the names. The loop was in the ep where they first introduced meep morps and she was reading a manga at the very end of the roadrunner and coyote parody episode, I remember that much.

>What even is a candy clown?
See this dialog makes you think.
>You mean like from a pinata?
Interesting I was thinking(when I made it up) that it is a clown person that walks and gives out candy at a birthday party(think kind of Santa style) and Steven dressed up as a clown.
However I have to say your interpretation is also plausible.

didnt they show a muslim character in one of the comics?

Eh, if the jack o lantern could be thought up without halloween, the hijab can be invented without islam.

>comics
are the comics even canon?

The humans in Steven Universe might as well be fluffy dough creatures that vaguely resemble us.

They have no culture that is on our planet and they don't share our history. They are what would happen to Earth if we had followed an even worse path.

They are the dough time line.

True. Hijabs predate Islam by quite a bit.

Unless that character had a Quran with them onscreen you can assume they were just wearing a trendy head shawl.

Steven Universe isn't ballsy enough to have a religion in its show,

>like Halloween and Christmas because those are very strongly tied into our world's culture, religions, and history,
>Halloween ... very strongly tied into our world's culture, religions, and history,
No Halloween is literally a niche thing that people made up in the 1800s and it cough on.

THIS BLUE SPACE BITCH IS MANIPULATING THE WATER AND TURNIN ALL THE FRICKEN TOWNIES GAY

>The humans in Steven Universe might as well be fluffy dough creatures that vaguely resemble us.
I have to agree with this.
For me SU-humans are what happens if leftists (the writers) try to imagine a world.
They sanitized everything and have no creativity to even create a world where the SU-humans feel real.

YES.
Things for you to look up
When did the celebration of Halloween start in its modern incarnation?
What countries celebrate Halloween today?
The results will surprise you.

But user, most good writers are leftists.

>Hes not reading/watching the ultra right wing fiction.

>in its modern incarnation

That's not what we're talking about, though.

Unless you show candy collecting on the Christian celebration of the day of all saints(All Saints' Day) you don't have Halloween.
Also the word Halloween is not used before the 1800s.
And All Saints' Day is dramatical opposed to Halloween.
Its pushing a different holiday in the same day.

Oh, I get it. You're a pedantic nitpicker.

>be a trump supporter
>nothing good happened since the election
>always talk about the election when nobody brought it up
>'hey remember the time leftists were mad about the election'
>lets leftists, hillary and soros live in their heads rent free
>everything is about trump or a commentary on trump
the election was a year ago

Did you know that holidays change all the time? Santa Clause wasn't always riding around and giving gifts to kids. Crazy, right?

I want Carl to be my uncle.

You're being too literal. It was still born out of existing traditions, holiday observances, and ideas relating to our earth's culture, religions, and customs. It didn't just sprout out of nowhere and it's not a coincidence it is scheduled around and resembles other pre existing holidays and customs. You can also try linking it to samhain and other pre existing customs besides all saint's day- you're the one bringing up all saint's day and christianity specifically as if that proves anything, or as if the ideas that lead to the creation of Halloween needed to specifically be tied to the exact name "Halloween" or to candy giving. They don't, these things evolve over time and sometimes change dramatically in spurts.

I mean, if you take the argument too far, you might conclude that steven's universe could diverge from ours much more dramatically than it does, but they gotta draw lines some places. And not including holidays, I stand by, was a clear conscious choice.

>>nothing good happened since the election
Why do you keep on living in your leftist echo chambers?
Seriously people where so excited about what he did that they almost where ready to suck his dick.
They where saying if nothing else this decision alone was worth electing this man.
Oh however you would not know about it....
Because you live in a echo chamber...
>the election was a year ago
He is still the president

>a clown person that walks and gives out candy at a birthday party(think kind of Santa style)

Sounds like somebody you'd see at old timey Carnival.

the election was your man's highest moment and everyone's just waiting for the republicans to wake up to the investigation and impeach him already so we don't have to worry about this senile old man farting on another foreign dignitary anymore

rock people suck
there are tons of variants, but they're all subhuman tumblr users at heart

Please tell us how Bernie can still win.

Same here. She'd probably lampoon him but Syeven would end up showing up in time and shunning her for it

>Senile old man.
Between a business mogul and a reptile, I'd pick the business mogul.

Oh you are desperate now.
If it changed then its no longer the same celebration.
Please look up a map of countries that celebrate All Saints' Day and do the same for Halloween.
Halloween practically did not exist outside of the format British empire and only migrated into some countries do to USA movies.
Despite this it faces strong opposition.
However I bet you know nothing about this because you are a sheltered USA citizen.
> It was still born out of existing traditions
See above its nonsense.
How can this be if Halloween have strong opposition while All Saints' Day is celebrated?
Also why don't you talk to some conservative Christians?
Or Google the topic of Halloween, All Saints' Day and Christians.
>religions

>pre existing customs
Things you need to know before starting this debate
the ship of theseus
now modify this scenario and make every modification non identical.
Congratulations every change is in effect a new holiday.
Halloween is made up nonsense with candy and bullshit costumes.
>sprout out of nowhere
Educate yourself on the history of Halloween.
It was made up like Santa by advertisers and other elites.

>all saint's day and christianity
> Halloween needed to specificall
I was thinking you where implying it.
>these things evolve
What are you doing now?
From what?
The only major and old thing that was before it is All Saints' Day unless you don't want to make this connection and then you literally need to admit it was made up on the spot.

Replying to the wrong user, genius.

Forgot to add him to the post
>Replying to the wrong user, genius.
Thanks, clearly I'm imperfect.

r e n t f r e e

you picked russia

Demayo going postal over barn when?

what are talking about both sides were rigged. the dnc being the best example of corruption since watergate.

I didn't pick shit, also there is little evidence to be found that he's affiliated with Russia in any way. Let's face it, when a third of the population literally drinks itself to death it might not be this terrifying superpower we think it is.

I like to see this.

Is this a Jojo reference?

I think it'd work best if Andy called her out and Steven piped up after and said "Andy is right about this." It's true that Lapis would care most if Steven called her out, but Steven doing the calling out by himself wouldn't feel right because Lapis has been purposefully avoiding wronging him in any way. It should really come out of somebody who Lapis wronged in some way. Besides, Steven is so understanding and patient with people like Lapis, his version would be toned down and weak, and she really deserves a harsh talking to.

Peridot likes Lapis so much I don't think she'd be capable of calling out Lapis's shit. She seems like a generally pretty loyal kind of gem.