Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/96683750/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/j9EvQvsy
desuarchive.org/co/thread/96364637/#96436373
desuarchive.org/co/thread/96364637/#96440046
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last time:

-Talked more about Jetpack Valkyrie
-Golden Girl's Bullion era costume got drawn a few times
-The Wine Elf's adventure concluded?
-New pics
-The power of funk
-Luchadores in the setting: lawyers, supers, alien robots
-Stuff getting added to the wiki
-Talked about the seasons girls
-Resurgence of interest in Breast Wars, outline being worked on again
-Talked about Trine again and what happens in parts 2 and 3
-Other stuff I didn't mention

We actually hit bump limit last time.

It's nearly winter, post snuggy clothes.

I wonder if Van forgot about that GG fighting training comic or if he's just been too busy with other things.

OK?

Colby is so cute.

This made me wonder.
Is there any ACTUAL art of Iris oogling Audrey?

The explosion of Breast Wars content last time was a real surprise.

If there is then I haven't seen it.

Yeah, that was unexpected. I think that gets attributed to lucky circumstances of the wiki being updated and an user taking interest in actually working on the plot.

Waiting for that user to show up in this thread with the pastebin so I can get that page on the wiki further updated.

I can try
What would be the setup/situation? Iris just really, REALLY likes Audrey?

Audrey and her in gym class, partnered for sit-ups.
Finding herself gazing through Audrey’s shirt when drenched in sweat after making it far due to previous training, or getting flustered when it’s her turn to do sit-ups and has to look directly into her bust after each rep.

Having to look at them up close when she's the only one who ever notices them has more potential for comedy.

GG needs more jokes and visual humor.

Love it. I'll do my best
What did gym clothes look like back then anyway?

Found these on a quick search

I think the key is that she's doesn't realize it's infatuation/attraction. She just catalogues it under the same banner of indecency.

This is a 'staged' shot right?
Those hairstyles look too perfectly prepared for it just to be girls doing gym. But then what do I know about olden times hair

>third from left

HOLY SHIT IT'S MICHAEL PALIN

How much of a fujoshi is Winter?

Enough to have trouble hiding her power level.

Bees Knees needs more solo attention.

Ok, here is the full outline for the BW stuff I made from last thread. It includes updates to more prominently feature Ma'am.

pastebin.com/j9EvQvsy

All right. Good job with that.

I'll get around to updating the BW page later today hopefully.

I also have at least one other pic to add to that page while I'm at it.

>pastebin.com/j9EvQvsy
Good work user!

I just don't have enough time to update the page entirely right now.

Later tonight I can continue.

Skathi's slumming it with the street levels, huh?

>Marley keeps her Cazador suit

I guess that's her "oh shit I need the big guns for this one" option? That tech would be ridiculously advanced for /coc/verse.

It's not all that advanced for the Sup Forumsverse.

That'd only put her as maybe a high mid-tier compared to the heavy hitters.

Maybe she is help mentoring the Junior Leaguers

Isn't the Cazador alot like her normal suit but specced for offense rather than defense?

Wait so did the bad guys outfit Marley with a brand new suit or did they just modify her existing one?

>Enough to have trouble hiding her power level.

How would one decide the power level of a fujoshi?

Cazador is a brand new suit made with DFC technology. It has six wings, each with a lazer emitter on a ball joint that can move independently of each other. It's armor is highly resistant to damage and it also has wrist rockets. The downside is that the user needs to integrate with the suit on a biological level, so if the suit actually is heavily damaged it can seriously harm the user, and being disconnected from it forcibly knocks the user unconscious (this happens in BW). The thought was since Ladybug is based primarily around defense, Cazador would be based almost entirely around offense.

I think it's just her normal suit with more armor, an external power supply, more weapons, and the line in the bugpack's code for safety commented out.

Because without that power limiter safety line in the code, she'd be doing nothing but collateral damage and murdering with how strong her suit is.
As evident by her on going comic.

Reading slash fiction in public, always staring at men and shipping them in her mind, constant flushed face, etc.

Oh? I didn't know the DFC had that level of technology.

I thought it was just the bugpack attached to some fancier armor with more guns that were made more dangerous by the beta matter power core in the bugback.

I was always under the operation that it was the DFC's suit designed for her, since trying to integrate all the new weapons with her existing suit would take too much time from the point where the captured heroes arrive in BQverse to the time when everyone else shows up. When writing the outline I wrote it that way too. The DFC have the power armor, propulsion systems, and weapons tech to put it together.

>Reading slash fiction in public,
Does having in inside another book so it looks like you're reading something intelligent or proper increase or decrease one's level?

>always staring at men and shipping them in her mind,
Now I'm imagining a scene of her on the bus or train, and she sees two men, and they start ripping their each other's clothes off (also there's oil? for some reason?) and making out...only to flash back to reality and some old lady is mopping up her face from the nose bleed, while the two men continue on with their totally unsexual separate business.

Ladybug's suit is really just her bugpack, which has a beta matter power core in it that powers her force fields and jetpack. The DFC can't replicate beta matter, it's borderline alien technology.

I think they'd just hook up whatever tech they had to the bugpack and watch it supercharge it.

Increases your power level, but hides it from others.

All that shit is probably very proprietary and there's no real guarantee that whatever the beta matter is will work on the DFC stuff the way they want it to, so them making the suit themselves is a much more expedient and safe option.

They would've had to have had it pre-made since they only had her for maybe a couple hours at their base, tops.

I finished updating the BW wiki page.

Could very well simply be an updated JUSTICE powersuit, which they do have laying around. A few hours to attach the wings/jetpack would be more than enough time. I'm not talking about a full R&D process here, just putting the suit parts together.

I like the idea of some idiot trying to mug someone way out of his league on their way to do something else and then getting taken down with minimum effort.

So I guess the Cazador suit has it's wings arranged like this?

heres the sketch of a commission I am working on. full will be posted soon when I finish. its a commissions so save your OC politics. just sharing for those who may enjoy

gist is OC is a Fill in/ Temp hero. Didn't realize temping for Audrey on day off would also entail certain physical aspects. BE ensues

annnd forgot picture

>attention whoring this bad
For that kind of shit, J2, you should've skipped this thread, and just stayed on the /aco/ one.
I mean, it's not like you're doing anything for the thread.

That's some good outline assembling, user!

This. Audrey's chest dominates her thoughts, just not for the reasons she thinks. I doubt Iris figures it out until at LEAST the point where the Code officially shatters, and even then I don't think it would be fully addressed until whenever it became okay to address. (The 80s, probably?)

Before then, I see it being mostly implied through seemingly unintentional innuendo-laden banter between Foresight and Golden Guardian. The sort of panels that get posted to image boards and snickered over decades later, like the Joker's boner and Cap needing some straight dick from Iron Man.

Adorable!

Cute seasonal image is cute.

>That's some good outline assembling, user!
Ditto. Does The Sup Forumsnservatory have a place to accommodate these? Like a section with links?
Is that even necessary? I'm just asking since pretty much all the third party Sup Forums archives have fucked us in the past.

Femanons, do boobs get colder more quickly than other extremities?

Nah, they're like space heaters. Warmest part.

Plana Rulz

tittymonsters drool

Tittymonsters make others drool.

Ugh, fuck off roastie.

I prefer her Haman Karn look.

Sounds like a blessing in the winter and hell in the summer.

Forgive me master. I don't catch these threads as often as I would like to. I will look deeper into what classifies as "attention whoring". I was under the impression all new related artwork was welcomed

While i figure that out. I am a little late to the "Bullion" discussion. I assumed it to be her nightwing Phase, and only found two photos with any kind of real concept. went off those and made this. pretty much a mid phase between GG and GGuardian. I kept the Cape. debating on adding the jacket (in place of the cape. Think jacket would be cool but steps away a bit from the point A and point C of Audrey's designs. Are there any more references for bullion? I like this stage of Audrey conceptually.

also drew Colette cause I been meaning to draw her for a while.

It's nice.

Though I think the stigma comes with all the fetishes being applied to GG in /aco/ and that bleeding into the thought process of what she actually is around here.

With Bullion there's at least two different designs floating around.

Mmm, I think that design is too close to Golden Guardian. And I mean, it's literally Golden Guardian with short hair, a mask, and cape. Part of the thought behind Bullion is that she's getting buff, but isn't yet as buff as she will be as Golden Guardian.

The idea behind the pilot jacket is that since Dick based his original Nightwing costume on his father's circus outfit, Audrey would follow a similar logic, with her father being a pilot. Thus she wears a pilot jacket over a full bodysuit (differentiating it from GGirl's shirt and shorts and GGuardian's sleeveless leotard).

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Thanks for nice feedback. other user was clearly upset. but if its the /aco/ bleed over that upset him then I agree. that pic does come close if not an actually crossing over. I do try to keep them separate. will do better in future hopefully.

Thanks for that. Question though. is bullion suppose to be different from Girl and guardian "emotionally"? or just simply another stage in her life and upgrade wardrobe wise? reason i ask is cause night wing was a bit of an emotional separation so his outfit is majorly different from the robin get up. in short is bullion suppose to look like an inbetween? or a branch off? may throw the jacket on in place of cape. just didn't want to hide the muscles.

I'd say more the latter than the former. She's starting to mature and come into her own as a hero.

lol yeah, it's a good looking drawings, but you literally drew Golden Guardian with a cape and short hair
don't worry to much about it, since you said you weren't here for those threads, plus you also missed this one from last thread

Basically, from the initial thread to last weekend, there was some good stuff, and some hard shitposting from a dude that just wouldn't let go whatever it was that he had going on.

Long story short, there was a compromise about how her body would look like, and it was pic related. V.3

As for her suit, here are some idea maps from those threads
desuarchive.org/co/thread/96364637/#96436373
desuarchive.org/co/thread/96364637/#96440046

ya. I figured as much. Will stay tuned for more details. then ill update it.

also thanks!

I was just going to post that.
I also think her hair change was still up in the air? But we were all leaning towards "short", but just what kind of "short", is still up for debate.

>and some hard shitposting from a dude that just wouldn't let go whatever it was that he had going on.
I had put a great deal thought into how I figured things would go with Bullion, presented my reasoning, and was getting shot down without anyone doing me the same courtesy. That would piss anyone off. But whatever, it's in the past, I'm fine with the compromise height, let's move on.

I'm sticking to my guns on the Bullion era being in the 60s, though.

wow

so just more messing around. not claiming any final rights. just simple spit balling. went full body skin suit based off guides. tried longer pony tail as oppose to shorter hair. Since she builds into a long main as guardian. and added jacket version

I was thinking that Iris would discover her sexuality when caught up in Breast Wars 2, when she ends up in the mainline Sup Forumsverse with Audrey (perhaps without the latter's knowledge?). The start of her OMAC/villain subplot would occur parallel to the story, where she could be outside the code's influence; assuming she would keep the knowledge upon returning to Platinum City/under the code's influence.

The jacket is starting to grow on me.

If she does realize it shouldn't be during a crossover. It might as well be when the code has weakened as the eras shift.

BW 2 is barely and idea at this point.

I'm a fan of Audrey's hair being in a bun, as a transition between her hair growing out.

I think it's sort of fitting that the belt in these images looks a little like a classic Batman belt, considering the Nightwing influence.

The jacket's too short (Google "1950s flight jacket" for some ideas), and I feel her logo should be a different shape (since Guardian = shield), but yeah, this is growing on me.

Maybe test out a quick alternate head with a loose bun, like mentioned? We tossed the idea around during the previous discussions.

Maybe switch up the arm bracers a bit, as to differentiate from GG.

Personally I still prefer v2.
Aesthetically, all the versions with muscle tend towards looking like Guardian with different clothes/hair. A phase with a supermodel build gives us way, way more to choose from.like Rogue or Psylocke for example.
Scientifically, there's the idea that bodybuilding at too young an age stunts your growth. Admittedly, there appears to be some mixed opinion on that now, but back then they would've thought that.
Thematically, it makes more sense for her to have a period before she changes fighting styles to necessitate adding more muscle.

In other news, I colored Momo. Went with greens as the predominant color as at least one guy was showing preference for that.

Nice Momo. Green makes sense, Kazegiri does mean "Wind duty". Green is the color of wind.

I think extending the dark parts on the upper part, to her arms and finger tips, would look better. The same with getting rid of the "strongman" underwear.

Would some sort of "war paint" work for her?
Not go full Geisha, but something a mix of that, with a spirit or Oni mask, but just on face paint.

I also was a fun of those THIGH STRIPES.

I agree with you on all three counts there, but I think we're outvoted.

I like that color. I feel like green is an underused color scheme for ninjas.
Cheshire is the only one that comes to mind.

You thinking of something kike kabuki paint? I tried that.
There's some interesting history behind it that kind of limits the color choices there though.

I'm tempted to strawpoll it, personally. Vocal doesn't necessarily mean majority on image boards.

its bed time for me I will take Bullion suggestions and try some more alterations tomorrow. in the meantime the logo was a RUSH. I don't even like it. open to logo ideas.

Hello /coc/, I'm looking for advice in character design, would like to know what's your prefere process when creating the look and backstory of a character, any advice/criticism is appreciated.

user already gave you some links here and I only say this because I don't think it a good a idea for us to crawl back to square one, when even 1 compromise took that long.
This is Sup Forums, but more importantly, we are /coc/. So let's not take 5 steps back, for every super hard 1 step forward we take.

I base character design off the concept and personality. This helps keep the design from having too many elements on it for no actual reason, and lets me focus on making the design suggest the character rather than trying to retroactively explain it (messy!).

Let's say my core concept is a simple "arrogant, classy CIA agent". The design has to make you think of all of those things. So in my default design, I'd focus on the suit. Maybe leave a suit jacket open with the dress shirt underneath to suggest a kind of formal-casual cockyness.

To make sure people think "secret agent" instead of "secretary" or "businessman", I'd add some cool mirror shades on top to give that MIB feel. Maybe put a walkie-talkie or an earpiece or something on there.

If I want to make them look like they're a fighter, I roll up their sleeves, but keep the gloves on. Classiness.

And when I draw their "default" stance, I'd go for something with the chest out and the chin up.

If he's supposed to be a SLACKER, I'd untuck the shirt and make him slouch. Maybe add some stubble.

That kind of thing, along with colour, is important. Lots of bright colours can make people think a character is brighter and goofier, or more fiery in the case of reds/yellows/oranges. Blue and some deep purples feel colder.

If there's any important backstory elements, I'd try to hint to them on the design, like scars and stuff.

I don't think that looks good. I mean as a ninja she'd be much more likely to wear a mask if anything. Maybe a tengu or whatever, but painting her face would probably not be something she'd waste her time on. Like a kabuki mask would be the logical conclusion of "disguise with style".

Also, don't overdo it. Simple visual cues is best unless you're really trying for something bizarre and detailed. Think about, particularly with colour and contrast, where you want the eye to be drawn to first. Areas of detail next to flat areas can have the same effect as a bright area next to a very dark area.

Uhmm...hey writer user, you still here?

Yea, what.

Which writer user?

This about Trine?

Yeah, whichever of you is the one.