turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/John_Bishop)
youtube.com/watch?v=hhi0JR4TrCE
youtube.com/watch?v=V8Jpx1TY0Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=M1B0edndPV8
youtube.com/watch?v=t4HQ2arndno&t=216s
youtu.be/2Gt81GMUATQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xfJuJrqFhXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They’re about even until the farm part. Then the 2012 drops in quality around there.

Isn't this show the one who has an secret agent called Bishop and aliens?

2003 Turtles was, up to a point, a surprisingly close to the source material that, despite its 4Kids origins, accomplished some rather entertaining content and interesting concepts.

2012 suffered from pacing issues that were NOT helped by scheduling snafus.

It has pretty much everything. It will likely never be beat in quality but will always be ignored by nostalgia.

Technically they both do.

Only the movie TMNT doesn't have aliens.

Which it was supposed to in the second movie, but someone puss'd the fuck out.

Bishop (turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/John_Bishop) was originated in that show.

2k3 was one third Mirage, one third playmates, one third 4kids so all had a say about the plots and directions to a degree. For example Playmates wanted Fast Forward while 4kids pushed for a card game based season.

Gotta agree here. The second season finale was my favourite and then it just went downhill.
I will compare only one moment, OP:
>In 2003's cartoon Leo was depressed about getting beaten up by the Shredder, because he felt humiliated.
>In 2012's cartoon Leo was depressed about getting beaten up by the Shredder, because of his leg injury.
Really makes you think.

>4kids pushed for a card game based season.

The card game based season was pitched when they were developing BTTS.

The three pitches they did for the final season were
>A card game season
>A season which would have a ton of mutants, something 2K3 had largely avoided, and would be closer in tone to the original cartoon
>A season where, while traveling back to the present, the Turtles took a detour to the past and accidentally brought along themselves as toddlers

Surprisingly, it was actually the "Turtle Tots" pitch that got the furthest along in production, before one party (probably Mirage) said no, and then they settled on BTTS.

Not surprising since 4Kids also owned the Yugioh anime's western distribution license. They milked that shit right up until they filed chapter 11

Plus that was around the time they were really pushing Chaotic, which ended up being their biggest flop of all.

The last idea doesn’t sound too terrible actually. It actually kind of reminds me of Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. Still though, the Time travel Paradox bullshit it would have brought about would have been Awful as hell.

I like 2k3 more. Was way more focused and I enjoyed the writing the plots more. Just about everything that matters pays off or gets concluded at some point, whether it's the next episode or next season. Ninja Tribunal and onward I could honestly take or leave though.

I tried to get into the 2012 cartoon. But that show had a bit of a time balancing when it wanted to be silly and it needed to be serious which took me out of a lot episodes. And it felt like they didn't know what to do with their plots, with Karai being captured and mutated and the turtles just dragged their asses dealing with it. And fuck that Donnie X April shit. Either make it happen or drop it. All they did was make me actually dislike Donnie for being a creepy stalker asshole that would occasionally disregard his own brothers. The ridiculous scheduling didn't help keep my interest either, but that's not the shows fault

Thank god that didn't happen

If Chaotic had the animation bumb from season 2 throughout and a simpler introduction on how to play it would have been a hit. It really wasn't that terrible.

Better in just about every way,utrom shredder is the only black spot on what would be an otherwise 10/10 show.

Utrom Shredder was amazing

>Not Liking Utrom shredder.

has this become the common opinion? back when this show was airing it was disliked immensely.

I thought the 2003 one was better, but that might be nostalgia talking. I'm not exactly the 2012 show's target demographic.

Nostalgia. In another 10 years time, we'll have to put up with the kids who watched the 2012 show preaching about how good it was.

I think it's 50-50. Personally I still dislike it but know plenty of people who love it

>back when this show was airing it was disliked immensely.
Really? Was it because of the Utrom Shedder?

Do you have some forum screencaps on this? I recalled some people liked that. And of course some hated that because it was different. Now that I reflect on it, it was a good twist.

It made him feel like a badass on a another scale that he was able to scourge planets as nothing more than a little squid alien and his personality was bombastic and fun enough that I didn’t really care about his form. I actually liked him more than the Tengu Shredder, and looking at all of the Human Shredders, only the one from the first movie comes close.

he means the twist of Shredder being an utrom, the show itself was well liked.

2003 is better.

For all Sup Forums hyped it up, the 2003 show was really underwhelming when I actually watched it. At best it was average, at worst dire (especially in the first and final three seasons).

Whereas given how much Sup Forums moaned about the 2012 show, I was expecting it to be awful, but then I actually enjoyed it. Still decidedly flawed (and also fell apart with later seasons), but on the whole I liked it more.

So I guess the moral is something about not letting expectations spoil how you view things.

I tend to see opinions liked this, and I'm really curious to know what exactly did like/dislike in 2003 cartoon and 2012 cartoon.

I liked how the 2012 turtles actually felt like brothers. And while Splinter was the Kenny of the 2012 Universe, his death, their attack on Shredder, and their final goodbye to their father when Shredder was resurrected where some of my favorite moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=hhi0JR4TrCE

youtube.com/watch?v=V8Jpx1TY0Aw

youtube.com/watch?v=M1B0edndPV8

What do you mean by "turtles actually felt like brothers"?

He is only baiting you.

For me, 2003 felt like it was trying way too hard to be dark and serious to differentiate itself from the 80s cartoon, but with the same flat characters and stories so it just ended up being really awkward. And god the theme tune. It never stopped being grating.

Anyone who says that "X is better than Y, because it's more realistic" without any arguments shouldn't be taken seriously.

I see. So why did the characters feel flat to you and how are they different from Nick's cartoon?

>And god the theme tune. It never stopped being grating
Yeah, the only time it got catchy was with Back to the Sewer.

2012 went a lot further in making the four turtles distinct, not just in personality but in appearance. 2003 had the same generic angry for all them.

It would be better with humman Shredder. But i'm over it.

I feel that TMNT 2003 is a bit less grounded than the 2012 series.

>but in appearance
Okay, I get this one, but how turtle's personalities are more distinct?
You know, it makes me remember one episode about turtle's fears. Both 2003's cartoon and 2012' cartoon had that episode.
So in 2003 turtle's fears were this:
>Leo was scared of losing his family members. Before that episode it was also obvious that he was scared of failing.
>Raph was scared to become the bad guy because of his bad temper.
>Mikey was scared to be betrayed.
>Donnie was scared to lose people that are dear to him.
And in 2012's cartoon:
>Leo was scared to fail as a leader.
>Raph was scared of bugs.
>Mikey was scared of squerels.
>Donnie was scared to be rejected by April.
Well, I don't know about you, but it's easy for me to say, where their fears were portayed much better.

obliterates it.

I like the '03 theme

Way way better.

>And god the theme tune. It never stopped being grating.
Absolute shit taste.
It's one of the best cartoon intros ever.

Look, a fucking contrarian. 2003 was better in just about every aspect. Faggot.

2003 has much better battles. The turtles and Casey vs Karai and her bodyguards or the turtles, Han and Karai vs Bishop are some of the best fightingscenes I have ever seen in a cartoon. Leonardo, Donattelo and Usagi vs dark assassins is also very good.

To be fair, I have only seen fragments of 2012 but I seemed like shit compared to 2003

Any fight with Bishop in it is good.
youtube.com/watch?v=t4HQ2arndno&t=216s

2012 was a good reboot of the 1987 cartoon show, and I really enjoyed it.

Even as a kid I fucking hated it, it's such a retarded idea to make your scary villain into a cute little space squid. It seemed like a joke. I still think it's a horrible idea and brings down the entire show.

>but with the same flat characters
I do not see how you could possibly see this. Their personalities were closer to the Comics than they were to the 80’s Cartoon. Hell in the 80’s Cartoon they barely had any personality difference. I am actually confused as to how you could think their personalities were the same.
>And god the theme tune. It never stopped being grating.
Ok seriously, what are you from Bizzaro world or something?

> cute little space squid
Pretty sure he has the largest kill count of any Shredder

Agreed

>Donnie was scared to lose people that are dear to him
Oh god that reminds me, why was he the only one that had to go through a Psychological torture from Ultimate Draigo, While every one else got to enjoy their Fantasies to the fullest?
>Mikey got to fuck around in Capeshit land
>Raph got to satiate his obsession with fast in a giant murder bike race
>Leo got to hang out with his friend and Fulfil his 11-century Japan Larp fantasies.
Donnie’s teleportation is the only one that actually did what it was supposed to.

Maybe Donnie's mind was more vulnerable?

I'd say they all have suffered, but in different seasons.
I think that Leo and Donnie suffered the most.

I know I know, but all the other Shredders are humans who had to master ninja shit. Ch'rell was just driving an android like those little guys from Men In Black, that's cheating.

I disagree with the sentiment that his species made him any less threatening. It gave him a hardened Warlord background, extreme longevity, access to hyper advanced technologies, and showed that what made him a threat wasn’t his purely his fighting abilities, but his cunning and ruthlessness. The only downside it gave him was his physical form, and even then, he could still kick some ass while nothing more than a nubby squid with tentacles. If Anything, making him an Utrom just gave him a power boost and amplified how much of a badass he was.

Ch'rell had to learn those moves too.

The first Shredder fight was kino

True, and Shredder also felt like a real villian. The first time you see him at the end of the first episode, about to punish the gangster who was defeated by the turtles and the Shredder/Footclan soundtrack playing on the background was quit menacing. Not really fleshed out or interesting character, but nonetheless a threat.

Speaking of dark, the timeline where Donatello is being send by the son of the Daimyo/Draco (forgot his name) was amazing. Everyone in that episode had either scars or injuries or was death. A great last emotional (Micky and especially Raph and Leos end) battle where again almost everyone dies. I really aprreciate it when a kidsshow has the balls to show some mature material.

The ps2 game was awesome

>Dying Raph trying to reach Leo, who was already dead.
God, I never felt so sad watching a cartoon.

Reminder that Fast Forward became a thing because 4kids got spooked by Insane in the Membrane

>Dat soundtrack
youtu.be/2Gt81GMUATQ

>>Dat soundtrack
This is great what the fuck

I feel like the reason they made him an utrom was so that they could show Leo cutting his head clean off of his body

Holy shit that hook scene

Doubtful that was only reason since Ch'rell was planned from the beginning and that would be dumb if Laird based his decision on that

i thought he wanted to try something new (didn't he say something like that in one of his interviews?)

Does the 2012 show have two great singers? I think not. youtube.com/watch?v=xfJuJrqFhXM

never forget THAT episode
it was pretty damn grotesque too if you can't stomach rotting living cloned bodies

poor Baxter

Reminder that they were in the same Block.

the banned episode aired nicktoons tho

I really liked 2k12 Shredder. It was an interesting take on 80s cartoon villains who seemed to do nothing but sit around trying to destroy the main characters every week. My favorite scene in the show was the one where he mutated his daughter to spite Splinter, then turned around a few minutes later and declared that he'd destroy Splinter for mutating Karai. You could tell his sanity wasn't all there.

A million times better.

So does anyone have a download of the uncut version of Turtles Forever?

Let me put it this way.
If he were human, he'd have to learn how to use his body to its best advantage.
As a utrom, he had to learn how to use a machine to its fullest potential.
Its comparing a world renowned martial artist to an amazing jet pilot. Both have reached the peak in disciplines that take a lot of talent, skill and work to complete.