Would the Kingdom Hearts series be better if Sora wasn't the protagonist? You know...

Would the Kingdom Hearts series be better if Sora wasn't the protagonist? You know, he was never invented for the series and Riku is the main central protagonist.

Also, if you could have Non-Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts, what would you choose?

Also does it sting that KH3 will not have The Incredibles given the unveiling of the teaser?

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9r5hx47kxM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HTUq3Ik1GHM
youtube.com/watch?v=Kvv2znzgVFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kh3 has been stuck in dev hell for too long and will be a flaming shit heap, it's better to not get your hopes up.

What makes you so certain Incredibles is a no go given that they've already announced Toy Story?

We already have a super hero world, Big Hero 6. Wouldn't doing The Incredibles as well be redundant?

There is a higher chance of Trump getting a second term than KH3 coming out within his first term.

The series was a huge guilty pleasure for me for years, but fuck the development of this game

Kingdom Hearts would be better if it was just one game and ended on Chernabog.

The problem is Nomura getting other projects thrown at him. And for a series with a continuous story? That's horrible

I'd take Sora any day over Sasuke. I DO however believe that Riku and Kairi should be involved in the trio in some way. At this point I don't really believe their friendship anymore so it'd be cool if as you go through the story you get to a certain point where Kairi joins Sora Donald and Goofy then Riku. Just so we can get character development between the three again.

Sora is a disney character because he is good and pure. Riku is a final fantasy character because he's angsty and actually has a narrative arc. The series needs both of them. It's like pottery.

>Thread theme
>Not Sanctuary
>Not even something from Kingdom Hearts in general.
Come the fuck on OP youtube.com/watch?v=HTUq3Ik1GHM

Sora is fine as the main character. Helps us to understand the world through his eyes and Riku is a bit too focused on his own shit to be a good protagonist.

The only two worlds I want in Kingdom Hearts is the world of Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger.

>I'd take Sora any day over Sasuke

Even so, you'd be surprised how many people dislike Sora. One of the worst things you can ever do in any given story is give focus to other characters because automatically people don't care about the main lead. Same deal happened to Megaman via Megaman X. No one liked X, everyone wanted Zero because his gameplay reigned supreme.

>Sora
>Good and pure
Sora is a straight up murderer who's too retarded to realizing he's actually a glorified assassin. Also, he's going to give into the darkness in KH3 at some point. Possibly when Kairi is killed off in the final battle causing him to go ape shit.

That was an honest mistake. I meant to post this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kvv2znzgVFo

They always avoid thematic overlap for the worlds and Big Hero 6 is in.

Killed people who were unleashing heartless on randos so they could build what amounted to a giant weapon. Fuck 'em.

He's a glorified assassin, but in a Luke Skywalker kind of way. Remember, Yoda and Obi-Wan both wanted to train Luke to slay Darth Vader. It was Luke who objected and believed that Vader could be turned back to the light.

>Sora is a straight up murderer who's too retarded to realizing he's actually a glorified assassin

That's easily one of the greatest parts about Sora. The kid had serious blood lust in him. And just because Nomura revives Sora's enemies doesn't mean Sora doesn't intend to vanquish them whenever they cross him.

It's actually funny how Sora is presented as nice and friendly and it is all genuine. But under the smiles he's a killer. Usually characters like this are blatant in their change of demeanor to show there's something really wrong with them, but with Sora? We're just to accept he's still nice and and a hero. Unintentional or not, this makes Sora an entertaining character.

Take your political shut to Sup Forums faggot

I mean that's kind of keyblade wielders in general. They're meant to preserve the balance between light and dark on a cosmic scale. You fuck up that balance, your ass is grass. Doesn't matter what your reason for doing so is.

He slayed some non heartless too. He had NO idea the organization members in Castle Oblivion didn't have any hearts (despite the fact that they actually did) and there was Oogie Boogie, Shan-Yu, Scarr, Maleficent, Ursula, ect. And just smiles about it.

>following kingdom hearts with more than 15 years

At least Sup Forums acknowledges that the story of KH is retarded. Sup Forums is trying to explain the unexplainable

It's still surprising in that it's the main lead of the series who has this personality. Usually this is reserved for side characters so that the hero never dirties his hands. Think like how Iago killed Jafar and not Aladdin. Aladdin's the hero, he cannot slay the villain. Also Aladdin's father killed the villain of his movie while Aladdin stays pure.

Whatever the case, I hope Sora stays like this. If he turns into a pacifist? That will strip away one of his best traits. Besides it's always fun to see some of the cut scenes after Sora defeats a villain, you know he feels no regret in slaying them.

The story is not the greatest, but it's a stupid fun kind of bad. Besides it does what it needs to get us to explore and mingle in Disney worlds.

>Also, if you could have Non-Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts, what would you choose?

Castlevania or Hotel Transylvania. I want to see Sora's Vampire transformation again.

>theme for a Kingdom Hearts thread
>A Super Mario game

Seriously OP?

>You know, he was never invented for the series and Riku is the main central protagonist.

Kingdom Hearts is now darker and edgier.

See

Ah nevermind.

Anyway a cool non-Disney world would be something from a Studio Ghibli movie.

Kind of hoping a different spooky Disney movie could be used.

Monsters Inc?

>Kind of hoping a different spooky Disney movie could be used.

Will Disney ever find the balls to do animated films of the famous monsters? You know Dracula, Werewolf, etc. Mind you they'd need to bring in their best so that the tone is like Hunchback of Notredame, meaning a serious film and go the extra mile by omitting any "gargoyle" tier characters.

Mosters Inc is pretty cool.

Well they do have The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr.Toad. Also there are the spooky black and white Halloween shorts!

There's other stuff too but I can't seem to remember any.